Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

harperdc posted:

https://twitter.com/indianafootball/status/1575629994696523777

I know, Indiana, but holy poo poo that’s two and a half minutes of early ‘90s football glory. Look at all that.

Magnificent shoulder pads and ugly cheerleaders. Yet it strangely makes me want to attend Indiana University circa 1992.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

I assume the implication is that they're more agile but it's Art Briles so it could easily be something very disgusting.

It does sound like phrenology level logic.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Magnificent shoulder pads and ugly cheerleaders. Yet it strangely makes me want to attend Indiana University circa 1992.

It never makes sense to me that old timey cheerleaders are so rarely beautiful, even adjusting for fashion and hair style differences.

Will our modern smokeshows appear ugly to our grandchildren?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Aggies losing on Meat Animal Evalution AND Meat Judging? Get your poo poo together

https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1575660932176351233

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Tech is like a dynasty in meat judging I believe

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Air Force should be excluded from skydiving, because they have an unfair advantage.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me

harperdc posted:

https://twitter.com/indianafootball/status/1575629994696523777

I know, Indiana, but holy poo poo that’s two and a half minutes of early ‘90s football glory. Look at all that.

This is loving bullshit. Indiana can't say "Go Big Red," their color is maroon. Crimson, whatever. That's the same as Oklahoma and I don't think their fans consider the team's main color to be red. Scarlet is red. To release this video before a matchup with Nebraska is blasphemous.

Skinny ankles talk:

quote:

Greg Peterson, Washington State recruiting coordinator, said he looks for “guys with skinny ankles at the skill positions that demand speed — receiver, speed running back, defensive back.

“Look at the Seahawks at those positions,” Peterson said. “They are skinny-ankled and high-calved.”

Skinny ankles aren’t as important for linemen, but Cougars offensive-line coach George Yarno said, “I prefer thin-ankled guys.” Two reasons: These athletes tend to be more flexible and also faster.

Source.

PBCrunch fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 30, 2022

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Sash! posted:

Air Force should be excluded from skydiving, because they have an unfair advantage.

Kentucky has defeated Army in the Rifle national championship two years in a row I believe. Not sure what that says about our armed forces.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Aggies losing on Meat Animal Evalution AND Meat Judging? Get your poo poo together

I'm Tennessee's Cornholing (doubles) trophy.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yes, and for anyone that hasn’t read this, it is a no-poo poo masterclass in sports journalism. You go from zero knowledge of the subject to knowing the sport, the stakes, the players, and probably adopting a rooting interest. It should be taught in j-schools.

https://www.si.com/.amp/more-sports/2019/05/10/collegiate-meat-judging-big-12-texas-tech-mark-miller-taylor-schertz

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

PostNouveau posted:

Decent little upset with KSU taking down host school Texas Tech in Meat Animal Evaluation in the first year back post COVID for this competition. KSU, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech are the big players in MAE.

Also surprised to see KSU beating TTU at Wind Energy this year.

Need more e-sports championships. League, Mario Kart.

Maybe needs a MTG or pokemon championship too.

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's like 10 straight at this point with 18 of the last 20.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'm Tennessee's Cornholing (doubles) trophy.

The doubles isn't count of players, its that Cornholing means two things

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
tough to double cornhole

gotta be drat near ambidextrous

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Sash! posted:

That would be Army for what that's worth

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

Need more e-sports championships. League, Mario Kart.

Yeah, I'mma need to see a fighting game in there too. Very important to know which university is the best at Street Fighter.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Kentucky has defeated Army in the Rifle national championship two years in a row I believe. Not sure what that says about our armed forces.

Eh, officers don't need to be marksmen

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I refuse to believe BYU is competent, much less national champions, at "hip hop dance."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Judgy Fucker posted:

I refuse to believe BYU is competent, much less national champions, at "hip hop dance."

I believe it. Mormons have to sublimate their sinful urges into their hobbies.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

"You bear the mark of Cain and thus are not entitled to a planet of your own in the next life.* Cool moves tho"

*Mark of Cain status magically removed 1978

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

They defeated the Army’s management training program at a labor task.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/AU_GS_Walt/status/1575630034651385856

"Hurricane ain't poo poo" is exactly the reply you'd get out of one of Florida Man's cousins

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 30, 2022

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I wonder why they omit chess from the list as well, that is definitely not an NCAA championship either, and a few schools put a lot of focus on recruiting chess talent.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

dirty shrimp money posted:

That would be Army for what that's worth

I thought about this for a while, but my assumption is that Army respectful abstained.

You don't see Navy winning all the swimming!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

PostNouveau posted:

How is there dairy tasting and diary judging what the gently caress.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Rick posted:

How is there dairy tasting and diary judging what the gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92TLctboZDs

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm sorry are we all just gonna pretend Texas isn't right there with loving quidditch

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Judgy Fucker posted:

PostNouveau posted:

I believe it. Mormons have to sublimate their sinful urges into their hobbies.

There has to be a Bring It On situation going on here :psyduck:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

fast cars loose anus posted:

I'm sorry are we all just gonna pretend Texas isn't right there with loving quidditch

Texas is BACK!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

There has to be a Bring It On situation going on here :psyduck:

Cosmo got involved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=885p-EbHfig

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Conquered the William & Mary dynasty.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
SMU-Central Florida got pushed back from Sunday to Wednesday.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Sash! posted:

You don't see Navy winning all the swimming!

There's a bit of a difference between US paratroopers and the VDV

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Also how the gently caress does one win at model UN-ing? "You were the least effective at solving anything and most mockable here's your trophy"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Also how the gently caress does one win at model UN-ing? "You were the least effective at solving anything and most mockable here's your trophy"

"You were the only delegation to successfully pass their non-binding resolution."

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

It’s just competitive Civ6 matches

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

I don’t really know anything about it but I feel like I’ve been hearing about Texas being quidditch national champions for years now so I’m pretty sure we’re like the Bama of quidditch.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

If you want to see what real champions look like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu7dEt62YnI

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

dirty shrimp money posted:

There's a bit of a difference between US paratroopers and the VDV

I hope every day that something comes out that confirms that the VDV dumped their guys into the Black Sea

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PostNouveau posted:

If you want to see what real champions look like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu7dEt62YnI

This reminded me that we had some catchall sports thread in SAS a few years ago and someone went hard into talking about how awesome quidditch was. Full effort post mode I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

This reminded me that we had some catchall sports thread in SAS a few years ago and someone went hard into talking about how awesome quidditch was. Full effort post mode I think.

I think they took out the rule about the golden thing that ends the game so if you squint it almost looks like a sport. If they just ran normally