Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Same! I only really know him from The Meme so I just chuckled his name into BRef hoping to get lucky. It was smy last square because I know Jack poo poo about the other team for the most part.

E: when I say "the other team" I mean the one I actually knew him from, not the Jays. Spoilers are weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I am stunned that Mune got 4% for Cubs/Jays, I thought that would be a sub 1%er.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lol are you kidding me with those 3000+ K teams? Is there even more than one player for each?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Intruder posted:

lol are you kidding me with those 3000+ K teams? Is there even more than one player for each?

Remember that they just have to have played for that team at some point. I can think of three for the Rangers off the top of my head.

Almost hit immaculate today but realized too late that I used the only DBack/Met I could think of in another square.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Got immaculate, but with insanely obvious answers, 5/9 top answers.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Remember that they just have to have played for that team at some point. I can think of three for the Rangers off the top of my head.

There's only three choices for the DBacks, and luckily I picked the rarest one

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 192 9/9:
Rarity: 52
IMMACULATE!
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I used Scherzer in Arizona 3K strikeouts and Beltran in Yankees/Rangers and now I have no idea who to use for Rangers/Mets

e: nvm I'm dumb, the same person I'm trying to avoid for Rangers 3K strikeouts

on the other hand, since I've already used Scherzer for 3K DBacks strikeouts if I use Nolan then I have no idea who I'll use for Rangers 3K

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

What the gently caress, Aaron Harang never won 20?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

There are a lot more twenty game winners for the reds and Pirates than I thought there were. And discovering the Reds all time leader in pitching bWAR is a guy named Noodles Hahn was an unexpected delight this morning.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I'm in the process of getting hair and makeup for a wedding, so I went lazy as hell.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

cleveland rookie of the year is just cruel

e

gonna give this one a think but I'm gonna be stuck on roty I'm sure

Intruder fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 14, 2023

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I whiffed 200 hits w/ 40 HR using Teddy Ballgame, and also it's messed up you can't just search Teddy Ballgame and have Teddy Ballgame show up, but I'm 99% sure Cleavland has never had a ROY and if they did it retroactively is who cares what a messed up square to make me go 8/9

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
There's a semi famous Cleveland ROY answer. Injuries wrecked him and he famously has the fewest career games out of all the ROYs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2JV0btxRvQ

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 14, 2023

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

I whiffed 200 hits w/ 40 HR using Teddy Ballgame, and also it's messed up you can't just search Teddy Ballgame and have Teddy Ballgame show up, but I'm 99% sure Cleavland has never had a ROY and if they did it retroactively is who cares what a messed up square to make me go 8/9

Sandy Alomar Jr , also Chris Chambliss

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Personal favorite rear end-pull on this one was Albert Belle. Even though Denatd Span was one of my favorite guys for a while, I can't claim him as I cheesed it with the Multiple Franchise Finder.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Happy using FRANK THE TANK on the grid day, Cubs fans

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lots of dirty craig options today

e: 87 rarity, not terrible

Couldn't think of anyone but Scherzer even though I knew he'd be kinda high

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 17, 2023

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Fuckin Marlins have no team identity, I swear. I can never think of a single player that was famous solely for their time in Miami.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hated having to use Flaherty because I knew he'd ruin my rarity score but absolutely could not think of anyone

I suspect Tony Phillips is gonna love my M's all star pick

Cosart I knew about because he was traded for Marisnick

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Intruder posted:

I suspect Tony Phillips is gonna love my M's all star pick

Hell yeah. Any non Griffey/Arod/Edgar picks are cool.

Honestly the Bedard/Sherrill combo is a way craftier pull from a non-M's fan. Hell, I forgot Bedard went through Houston towards the end.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Couldn't think of a drat pirate/red sock. Was proud of my Jared Hughes pull off pitt/mil.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I was so happy I got to use Jerry Remy in today's grid. And also mad at myself because I forgot BROCKHOLT started out in Pittsburgh.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

R.D. Mangles posted:

Couldn't think of a drat pirate/red sock. Was proud of my Jared Hughes pull off pitt/mil.

Ol' standby Dick Mountain.

I had the wrong Milwaukee team in my head for MIL/ANA and so I hosed up entirely, and left the one I knew I wouldn't get. Anywho:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's truly a crime that the grid keeps expecting me to know Brewers players

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

garbage rarity score for me today. the milestone ones are so hit and miss

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Stats grids blow

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

6/9 most popular answers for a flat 300 score.

I probably would have had something more similar to Intruder's if I'd have thought for like more than a minute, especially for the LA and ATL lines.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lol the one team category applies to active players which makes it incredibly trivial. Just pick a player still in arb years

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Intruder posted:

Lol the one team category applies to active players which makes it incredibly trivial. Just pick a player still in arb years

Yeah that one is pretty silly.

hosed up by picking two guys for CLE sub-3.00 ERA whose sub-3.00 years weren't with CLE. Whoops. (CC and Ubaldo.)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You don't have to pick starting pitchers for that

e:

finally gave up on getting a better answer than gray

Intruder fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 20, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

Stats grids blow

Good news the grid is going all in on them today

40 doubles in a season? gently caress right off

And who the hell keeps track of runs outside of fantasy baseball?

e: ugh now I have no choice but to think about which players hit a lot of doubles

Intruder fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 21, 2023

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A fun challenge would be to try to create a full grid where none of the players are wearing the hat for the teams that intersect

I know nowhere near enough about baseball history to pull that off though

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
It'd probably be used for the players at the end of their careers who are never associated with the team like Babe Ruth on the Braves or Mike Piazza on the Padres

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Yep I just went "gently caress this" on today. Milestone stats, whatever. Weirdass random stats? Boo.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

There's a certain someone you will think of for Houston and SD but don't do it! Think of your rarity score! :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Trying to figure out who you were thinking of because the most common answer was Caminiti and I can't imagine you mean him

e: if you meant Hader he never made the majors as an Astro

Intruder fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 22, 2023

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I says to myself "Hey who are these other Daves Roberts?"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I never ever remember that Sheffield was a Padre

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Intruder posted:

Trying to figure out who you were thinking of because the most common answer was Caminiti and I can't imagine you mean him

Of course that's who I meant because I'm a 40 year old baseball fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

maffew buildings posted:

Of course that's who I meant because I'm a 40 year old baseball fan

fun fact: the astros got pedro martinez in that trade

no, not that pedro martinez

e: gently caress why didn't I use him as an answer lol I didn't even think about him until I thought about the Caminiti trade

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 23, 2023