Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Its not even that in the original email the guy didnt call the other "doctor."
The email just started with a link to the tweet and a bunch of "you better delete this" nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

He deleted but I caught it

Another in case in point for my "the next/younger generations of democrats will be even more psycho than the previous ones" prediction

What will happen with many of these people, including this kid, is that they'll genuinely just start believing that they're a modern aristocracy. This has always been sort of implied via cultural norms/expectations, but I think we'll start to see it become more explicit

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
jesus christ I'd never heard this part of the story before.
Wapo article

quote:

She wound up at a crash pad in Indianapolis, thinking that if she could just get to California, she could start her life over again, but a kid at the house where she was staying recognized her and tipped off a reporter from the Indianapolis Star. Mary Ann, barely disguised in a granny gown and fake glasses, talked to the reporter, hoping he’d give her bus fare to California in exchange for her story. The reporter got his scoop, then called the authorities, who put her in juvenile detention as a runaway.

perfect counterpoint to that piece of poo poo whining students won't talk to reporters.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No More Journalists. Enough!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The Oldest Man posted:

kids telling each other not to talk to the media is probably the single scariest development for the elite out of this round of protests and they are making GBS threads blood over it

I distinctly remember this being a thing already during the 15-m in Spain, though they didn't have a media liaison.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
crosspostin' from the p/i thread because this deserves a more serious, media literate discussion.

this is a shining example of just how expertly they weave lies into the very fabric of reality. "we have to keep killing innocent children because they asked us to stop"

Harik has issued a correction as of 00:47 on May 6, 2024

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Harik posted:

reporters

weird way to spell feds

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Harik posted:

crosspostin' from the p/i thread because this deserves a more serious, media literate discussion.

this is a shining example of just how expertly they weave lies into the very fabric of reality. "we have to keep killing innocent children because they asked us to stop"

honestly the headline is so absurd taken at face value I almost suspect that media outlet is showing how ridiculous israel's position is.

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

Dreylad posted:

honestly the headline is so absurd taken at face value I almost suspect that media outlet is showing how ridiculous israel's position is.

So Israel is saying their agreement would still involve *some* war? And Hamas not wanting that is somehow absurd?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Brimruk posted:

So Israel is saying their agreement would still involve *some* war? And Hamas not wanting that is somehow absurd?

yes. the israeli position has always been that he Palestinians are temporarily embarrassed citizens of Egypt or Jordan who are to be killed or expelled. the western position has always been that the palestinians need to die quietly and that there is no civil solution because otherwise democracy might vote the israelis out of power.

war is a requirement of the israeli state not just to grow but to survive day to day. israeli knows this and the west knows this. in the west, however, it is not fashionable to publicly recognize the necessity of war, violence, and genocide to the continuation of the israeli state.

bedpan has issued a correction as of 14:55 on May 6, 2024

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
something that's been bugging me since last night is this reaction from certain people about how the campus protesters keep referring them to spokespersons when they're asked about the protest

they're trying to make it sound like this means the protesters don't really understand what they're even protesting about, but (and I'm maybe betraying my computer-toucher-ness here) it's standard practice in corporate settings to do this? I've taken trainings where the instruction to employees is that if you are approached by the media and asked about anything that's going on in the company, you're supposed to not answer and refer them to a spokesperson

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

something that's been bugging me since last night is this reaction from certain people about how the campus protesters keep referring them to spokespersons when they're asked about the protest

they're trying to make it sound like this means the protesters don't really understand what they're even protesting about, but (and I'm maybe betraying my computer-toucher-ness here) it's standard practice in corporate settings to do this? I've taken trainings where the instruction to employees is that if you are approached by the media and asked about anything that's going on in the company, you're supposed to not answer and refer them to a spokesperson

It's of course standard practice everywhere but makes journalists' jobs harder. What do you think happens when someone asks Peggy Noonan for a quote about internal NYT drama?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Oh it's very standard and if there's one group of people who would be very familiar with that it's journalists. But you know, if you don't constantly report on it in one context but do in another that creates a kind of image which is deemed beneficial to the capitalist class.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

They're pretending not to understand this, op

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The journalists understand that their job is to say these kids are dumb and don’t even know what they’re protesting for. anything and everything can be an angle to arrive at that.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Harik posted:

"So far Hamas has not given up its demand to end the war, thus thwarting the possibility of reaching an agreement." is an Onion level statement.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's extremely standard with cops and the press always loyally reports whatever the cop PR person says so they're more than aware how this all works, the true reason is:

PostNouveau posted:

They're pretending not to understand this, op

Best Friends posted:

The journalists understand that their job is to say these kids are dumb and don’t even know what they’re protesting for. anything and everything can be an angle to arrive at that.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Brimruk posted:

the bernie-biden-israel public position is a temporary ceasefire for goals such as a hostage exchange, followed by an announced invasion

a permanent ceasefire is antisemitic
https://twitter.com/AIPAC/status/1733897185228394770

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

note that democrat operatives have turned the term "ceasefire" to mean planned invasion, which the layman does not intend when they call for a "ceasefire"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

comedyblissoption posted:

note that democrat operatives have turned the term "ceasefire" to mean planned invasion, which the layman does not intend when they call for a "ceasefire"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O98gRV61sw

nothing about ceasefire means we can't immediately start firing somewhere else

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

the bernie-biden-israel public position is a temporary ceasefire for goals such as a hostage exchange, followed by an announced invasion

a permanent ceasefire is antisemitic
https://twitter.com/AIPAC/status/1733897185228394770

I can't wait until this old fucker makes like a Gazan hospital

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Brimruk posted:

I can't wait until this old fucker makes like a Gazan hospital

he is going to be out there scolding the left and loving biden until the very day they put him in the ground

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

bedpan posted:

he is going to be out there scolding the left and loving biden until the very day they put him in the ground

Funny you should mention that!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
bernie retire bitch

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

retire you useless shitstain

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

kids telling each other not to talk to the media is probably the single scariest development for the elite out of this round of protests and they are making GBS threads blood over it

In 5 or 10 years there'll be a flood of nepo NYTimes babies writing articles about flirting with the idea of activism and pretending to have been there, until they got serious and poo poo. Bank on it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Jewish students are being attacked and are unsafe!

The Jewish Voice for Peace students.

Germany already frozen their accounts and mandated their membership list be shared due to their anti zionism. Matter of time before that happens in the States.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

bari's gone woke

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/1787548104029307049

https://twitter.com/gazanotice/status/1787462255753277511

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Congratulations to the New York Times for winning a Pulitzer for their Gaza war reporting!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

pulitzer prize winning journalist glenn greenwald weighs in
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1787611185589752075
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1787611921518084138

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

that's pathetic glenn

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
actually Glenn is right

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/peligrietzer/status/1787289570800759192?t=kwfJURq7HnvXSQ2yFIpnxw&s=19

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Stop....no, come back.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Tom Friedman writes that he's troubled by Gaza protests because they're not condeming Hamas or specific Israeli government policies (lol).

Bret Stephens writes an extremely I'm not mad column sarcastically thanking campus protestors for giving him moral clarity into his zionism.

Neither are worth reading but the cowards also disabled comments on both (free speach!!!)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Tom Friedman writes that he's troubled by Gaza protests because they're not condeming Hamas or specific Israeli government policies (lol).

Bret Stephens writes an extremely I'm not mad column sarcastically thanking campus protestors for giving him moral clarity into his zionism.

Neither are worth reading but the cowards also disabled comments on both (free speach!!!)

it's a "fun game" to guess if a story is going to have this when you scroll down to the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Precambrian Video Games posted:

the new york times sure has a lot of opinions about these protests they refuse to learn anything about