Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Probably Magic posted:

Think the difference right now is Luka looking hampered.

He hasn't looked right all playoffs, which sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

tanglewood1420 posted:

The glass half full I guess is the team finally finding ways not to exclusively rely upon him.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

tanglewood1420 posted:

Was enough to take out the crumpled remains of the Clippers, at least.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This got me down a rabbit hole of trying to find a generic nba hat. They are out there but it took a lot of looking.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The other difference being just noooooo answers for SGA.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rick posted:

This got me down a rabbit hole of trying to find a generic nba hat. They are out there but it took a lot of looking.

just get a hat with a clipart basketball on it

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

is chet the white dirk nowitzki

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

is chet the white dirk nowitzki

he's the small wemby

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Man you would think the mavs are a poorly coached team or something

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

good lord

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

This is loving unwatchable

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

This is the best announcing team in the 'yoffs I think

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
this game is garbage with ridiculous whistles. refs making the second round about them

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
How can the refs be so different from one game to the next? Isn't this supposed to be a professional sport?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

These feel like mostly fair whistles to me, the Mavs just got frazzled with the Thunder seeking out contact and aren't playing defense well.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

dalstrs posted:

How can the refs be so different from one game to the next? Isn't this supposed to be a professional sport?

tony brothers is unanimously considered the worst referee in the nba by a huge margin and has been for a decade + and hes also constantly on playoff games for some reason

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

As a basketball lover this game blows; as a Mavs hater this game owns

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

19 points on 5 made twos at half? looks like Shai is the new Hitler--you heard it here first

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

Ghost Dog posted:

tony brothers is unanimously considered the worst referee in the nba by a huge margin and has been for a decade + and hes also constantly on playoff games for some reason

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Think the Mavs are in a similar spot as the Nuggets with just being beat-up. Honestly, just glad this team can put up this much of a fight with Luka playing this badly.

Series ain't over, obviously, it's just Game 1, but just feels like OKC is better conditioned and playing better basketball. (And is better coached, oh nooooo.)

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
The Mavs should simply stop fouling

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Probably Magic posted:

These feel like mostly fair whistles to me, the Mavs just got frazzled with the Thunder seeking out contact and aren't playing defense well.

Maybe they are, but I've seen 1000 plays this playoffs with more contact that are not called. I really don't care foul or not, I care about consistency. A foul in one game should be a foul in another.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Thunder are - in free throw differential on the season despite leading with drives at the rim by a wide margin, Tony brothers finally took notice

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

dalstrs posted:

Maybe they are, but I've seen 1000 plays this playoffs with more contact that are not called. I really don't care foul or not, I care about consistency. A foul in one game should be a foul in another.

I think I'm just still reeling from how absolutely dogshit the NCAA reffing this year, so this reffing seems like a breeze in comparison. You can actually get called a foul called on you for mauling someone under the basket? They don't reward offensive fouls to the most phantom of the contacts? It's like paradise, it actually approaches something close to sense.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ghost Dog posted:

tony brothers are unanimously considered the worst referee in the nba by a huge margin and has been for a decade + and hes also constantly on playoff games for some reason :eng101:

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Probably Magic posted:

They don't reward offensive fouls to the most phantom of the contacts?

I'm gonna disagree with this. I've seen both this game, phantom contact fouls and guys getting hit in the face and it not getting called.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

fart simpson posted:

tony brothers are unanimously considered the worst referee in the nba by a huge margin and has been for a decade + and hes also constantly on playoff games for some reason :eng101:

he has two sons, tony and tony

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Tiny and Toony

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

he has two sons, tony and tony

I hate them both!!!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Vox Nihili posted:

I hate them both!!!

tony brothers brother tony brothers sons tony brothers the brothers tony

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Jeff Teague should have murdered Tony Brothers when they called his mom a ho

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
In my black Chevrolet

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Trying to decide who to root for on the basis of who the Wolves match up better against.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

lol Shai gets free throws for kicking Jones in the balls

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Shai on some draymond poo poo

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
So what is the actual rule for hitting a guy in the nuts. I've seen ones exactly like this season where they determine its a foul even if it wasn't exaggerating a kicking move. And then others where it really looked like they kicked and its not a foul. I feel like it should just always be handled like the way they just did. Tech on the foot action.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

lol Shai gets free throws for kicking Jones in the balls

It didn't look like Jones touched him except his balls

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
Lol Kyrie gets a free throw because Jones played defense with his balls

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

soggybagel posted:

So what is the actual rule for hitting a guy in the nuts. I've seen ones exactly like this season where they determine its a foul even if it wasn't exaggerating a kicking move. And then others where it really looked like they kicked and its not a foul. I feel like it should just always be handled like the way they just did. Tech on the foot action.

It is up to however the official feels that moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

soggybagel posted:

i think draymond should get a tech anytime someone gets hit in the balls