Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Willo567 posted:

when are we going to get super saiyan pan drat it

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well based on Battle of the Gods, Pan technically already went Super Saiyan back when she was still in the womb

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

is the movie really going to be full cg

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
DBSuper: Broly gets to stand as the peak of the franchise, hooray

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Aurora posted:

is the movie really going to be full cg

oh no

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Films gotta bomb so they don't think this is an acceptable way of doing Dragon Ball

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Unless they ape Arc System Works' style I don't see how a CGI Dragonball movie ends well.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Neo_Crimson posted:

Unless they ape Arc System Works' style I don't see how a CGI Dragonball movie ends well.

Good news: did you think that ASW's excellent shading and buttery smooth framerate were just too darn distracting? Well,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiA1ghKEWAY

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
CG Goku, in buttery smooth 4 FPS.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I want to say that's a return to the fail Yamamuro character style as well?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Broly isn’t the best Dragon ball movie currently released

It’s better than ROF I guess

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Broly isn’t the best Dragon ball movie currently released

It’s better than ROF I guess

Ah, I see you're a fan of the live action adaption

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

heck yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg9yUiY14_E

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kild posted:

Only two movies have Ozaru in them 10/10

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

just ignore charlesthehammer it's not worth the effort

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ahem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCehRYA6oXg

BoG stands alone

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Aurora posted:

just ignore charlesthehammer it's not worth the effort

Seems like a weirdly hostile reply to a joke post, both ways

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

But Battle of Gods is the best DBS movie and it isn’t close

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I love all of the angry Vegeta fanboys in the comments of that video.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

CharlestheHammer posted:

But Battle of Gods is the best DBS movie and it isn’t close

BoG is a DBZ movie :eng101:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

dr.acula posted:

BoG is a DBZ movie :eng101:

This is a fair point

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Broly is better because it barely bothered with trying to be funny

Toriyama is not funny

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I agree he isn’t funny, but that Vegeta scene is funny

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can like whichever you want but broly was 1000% the best looking dragon ball movie and it's sad that they'd go from that to anything else, let alone cg

unless you're willing to put disney money into it, cg isn't worth it

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I just hope that a Piccolo movie means Piccolo will be getting some extra spotlight.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I think, like the first time we saw Ultra Instinct, this Night Soul Vegeta is just a transition form.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

dipwood posted:

I think, like the first time we saw Ultra Instinct, this Night Soul Vegeta is just a transition form.

Next up, Night Soil Vegeta

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Toriyama is not funny

Toriyama isn't always funny, just like he isn't always good at drama, but he has his moments.

This is more of a drama example, but I remember seeing a video on YouTube about the Majin Buu arc and how there was a point where Mr. Satan was reading the Japanese equivalent of Ol' Yeller to Buu and the latter thought it was a comedy because he's spent all of his time thinking that violence is just a funny game. That chapter ends with that one rear end in a top hat rich guy shooting Buu's dog.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Toriyama isn't always funny, just like he isn't always good at drama, but he has his moments.

This is more of a drama example, but I remember seeing a video on YouTube about the Majin Buu arc and how there was a point where Mr. Satan was reading the Japanese equivalent of Ol' Yeller to Buu and the latter thought it was a comedy because he's spent all of his time thinking that violence is just a funny game. That chapter ends with that one rear end in a top hat rich guy shooting Buu's dog.
That story is A Dog of Flanders.

If anyone has ever seen Victory Gundam, its probably also the source of the name of Usso's dog in that series.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ryaomon posted:

Good news: did you think that ASW's excellent shading and buttery smooth framerate were just too darn distracting? Well,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiA1ghKEWAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfkhUkmCrps

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I was so adverse to a CG Dragonball film that I assumed when they said “This isn’t in the film” meant it obviously wouldn’t be CG cause nobody would like that. Maybe we’ll get some good angles of Goku’s hosed up hair model though.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I'd love if they had remade DBZ in the style of DBZ kakarot.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

TheKingofSprings posted:

Toriyama is not funny

Cutting back and forth between Goku and Vegeta struggling with fusion and Frieza spending an hour getting his poo poo kicked in was funny

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Toriyama is also pretty funny. Not sure why you say he isn't.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Nah the dude is horribly unfunny.

Like most anime humor kind of sucks but Toryiama is dire

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
freeza and bulma having the same type of wish is funny as hell

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
The dude's first massive success was a gag comedy.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
maybe - and just hear me out here - comedy is wildly subjective and a "yuh-huh/nuh-uh" style argument over humor is the most tedious loving thing on the planet

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Ginyu Force are hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Frieza shooting Paragus to get Broly to transform was also pretty funny.