Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Scruff McGruff posted:

Wanted to just encourage anyone lurking this thread, consider giving it a try. As a newbie that had only flown small prop planes in MSFS before, I had a great time flying a Frogfoot this last weekend. The flight leads were great at giving advice and creating practice tools for us ahead of time and were great in-game in keeping track of us newbies and answering any questions we had. Everyone on the server was super chill and had a great time joking around and keeping the game light and fun. Not sure if I'll have the time to join again next Saturday but if I can I will.

Managed to get a couple of ground kills before getting over-confident and taking some flak to the face, punching out, and then going to say hi to some Russian South Ossetian T-72s.

Also, highly recommend blowing up Enigma at the start of every mission going forward, really helps set to mood.

Just want to second this, I played the first mission in an F15 flying that thing for the third time ever in a 'take off and reasonably hope to land' level of experience, I have just signed up for this week's mission in an A10 I will at some point between now and Saturday watch some videos to find out what controls I need to map to make the thing work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
Also, I did not realize how important face tracking profiles were in OpenTrack. I've been using AI Track/OpenTrack via my webcam for a while now in MSFS and it worked ok enough out the box for sightseeing but still resulted in me flying stick+mouse instead of HOTAS because of how often it would glitch out or lose center. About an hour before the flight Saturday I imported someone's preset DCS profile and suddenly it worked exactly as it should and it was amazing.

I'll still keep an eye out towards getting a GrassMonkey puck but it's a much less pressing issue now.

The Angry Brit
Sep 17, 2005

Do I pull G's? no sir, I'm married
Intel drop

GNN Journalist posted:

More drama for you flyboy fellas huh! bet that scud(???) hitting your airbase this morning certainly woke you all up, personally a double expresso does it for me! soz to hear a pilot and the other plane person died tho, I can relate, last week Janice from the weather desk handed her notice in - always mournful to see a colleague go, especially one with curves like that, life goes on tho

Anyway the editor told me to post up this afternoons news segment covering you all, I heard he was pretty pissed at the camera man who came back telling tales about "teleporting aircraft" and "floating tanks", I'll take some of what he's having!! anyway apologise from the network, we'd have liked show more action but that camera mans sudden penchant for the paranormal made it 'challenging'. Reckon his next paycheque might ghost him.

I heard GT news network has been spouting nonsense here? haha we're always mocking those state media shills, no journalistic integrity! as you know, GNN is funded through legally enforceable taxation which means we can be completely impartial, just make sure you're paying your taxes haha.

Hey before I go though, if it's true that the Russians did drop scuds on you, that's be pretty big right? time for 'the bomb' yet haha? seriously though let us know as we'd love to have cameras in place and promise we won't tell anyone so don't worry about any of that infosec nonsense, we're better than that.

Keep it up fellas -- no news like bad news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NicwLYlvMOw

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Scruff McGruff posted:

Wanted to just encourage anyone lurking this thread, consider giving it a try. As a newbie that had only flown small prop planes in MSFS before, I had a great time flying a Frogfoot this last weekend. The flight leads were great at giving advice and creating practice tools for us ahead of time and were great in-game in keeping track of us newbies and answering any questions we had. Everyone on the server was super chill and had a great time joking around and keeping the game light and fun. Not sure if I'll have the time to join again next Saturday but if I can I will.

Managed to get a couple of ground kills before getting over-confident and taking some flak to the face, punching out, and then going to say hi to some Russian South Ossetian T-72s.

Also, highly recommend blowing up Enigma at the start of every mission going forward, really helps set to mood.

Nthing this. I joined only about 2 weeks ago and flew on a mission for the 1st time. The goon group is super welcoming and the free Su25T that comes with the base (free) game is incredibly well polished and is able to do a ton of useful things especially for air to ground.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

That Works posted:

Nthing this. I joined only about 2 weeks ago and flew on a mission for the 1st time. The goon group is super welcoming and the free Su25T that comes with the base (free) game is incredibly well polished and is able to do a ton of useful things especially for air to ground.

The Su-25T is often overlooked because it’s free, but that thing rules.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

MrYenko posted:

The Su-25T is often overlooked because it’s free, but that thing rules.

Agreed, I'm already trying to figure out how to use Helios to put my Shkval on my second monitor so that I can elevate my Vikhrs game. I'm terrible at finding targets with it but it's so much fun.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Scruff McGruff posted:

plz no

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

This has been cool to follow.

I wish there was a group of P-51s that mysteriously disappeared in the 40s and reappeared equally mysteriously during this conflict. The pilots had not aged a day.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTX1lI8COuQ

Drone Footage out of Zugdidi area :

THE GREAT OLIVE OIL SHORTAGE

So it seems the DFAC ran dry of olive oil. Jedi 1 has left the flight line and is hunting for "quality" olive oil in Tblisi. In a show of solidarity Devil 2 is joining them.

Other issues, the Oregon F-15C's are down for maintenance. On top of that the Tomcats are in maintainer hell, it looks like a swimming pool of hydraulic fluid under them.

OBJECTIVES

PRIMARY

Secure Zugdidi area
Anaklia Beachhead Destroyed
Enguri Dam Area Clear

SECONDARY

Strike Artillery in Nabakevi

TERTIARY

SEAD of SA-6 and SA-3 site "somewhere" in deep Abkhazia. This tasking is optional and can likely be ignored, but be aware that these are operating.

FLIGHTS

Weasel 1 - F-16C (Batumi)
Devil 1 - F-18C (Batumi)
Tusk 1 - A-10A Warthog (Senaki)
Tusk 2 - A-10C Warthog II (Senaki)
Colt 1 - UH-1H - Huey :staredog: (FARP)
Dodge 1 - MI-24P HIND (FARP)
Enfield 1 & 2 - SU-25T (Senaki)

THREATS

MANPAD (Igla)
AAA
SA-3 & SA-6 Somewhere in Abkhazia
MIG-23 (Two Remaining)
HELO's (Likely? KA-50 / HIND)

I'd like our F-16's and F-18's to knock out those MIG-23's if they come cruising for a bruising. We have requested the Russians respect a No-Fly zone over all of Abkhazia, and it sounds like they agreed.

TASKING

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1uzinj85MzxMM-3jKtWv7_HF51ckrfEL4&usp=sharing

TARGET AREA - McRib (The Dam) - Armor Strike
Enfield 1 (Arbitrary)
Tusk 1 (TBD)

TARGET AREA - Big Mac (Zugdidi) - CAS
Colt 1 (Sneep)
Dodge 1 (Madman Theory)
Weasel 1 (Bear)
Tusk 2 (Dandywalken)

TARGET AREA - Royale (Nabakevi) - Artillery Strike
Devil 1 (Jarmak) - Support Big Mac or Fish Sandwich after ROYALE is "Eaten"

TARGET AREA - Fish Sandwich (Anaklia) - Beachhead Annihilation
Enfield 2 (Bonkers)

If your area is cleared and you have ordnance / fuel remaining you will be re-tasked to the nearest hot spot. AO Line Cheddar is about 20 nm from our target areas. I'd like to keep east of that to avoid those SAM's or poking the bear. Arby's is Sukhumi, expect our MIG-23's to Roast Beef into the sky.

Georgian Army will be providing human JTAC's, callsign DAGGER and SCYTHE.

Kilonum has a new stash at Senaki Tower and will be our ATC. Elendil and I will be splitting Bulldozer, this will be two separate frequencies. To keep it simple we'll have him on 261, and myself on 262. More details on who is on what frequency later.

Flight Leads

Please comment on tasking and requirements.

Yooper fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 2, 2022

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Signup board currently has Devil 1 tasked with air interdiction, is there a specific column of reinforcements or something we're supposed to be hitting or is that a typo?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Jarmak posted:

Signup board currently has Devil 1 tasked with air interdiction, is there a specific column of reinforcements or something we're supposed to be hitting or is that a typo?

I'm not sure who does the Flight tasks on the sheet, it's not me. I figure we kind of do as we see fit / as is needed anyhow.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Yeah the flight tasks can be changed by you. I often forget to change them based on how you plan.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Given the nature of the Zugdidi front, it may be wise to task the A10s to that central AO. They are much more capable at loitering, while the F18s are better at rapid interdiction flights. Hornets would be of use vs the artillery battery shelling friendly positions in particular.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

Given the nature of the Zugdidi front, it may be wise to task the A10s to that central AO. They are much more capable at loitering, while the F18s are better at rapid interdiction flights. Hornets would be of use vs the artillery battery shelling friendly positions in particular.

Thanks Dandy!

Also of note Flights, F-16's and F-18's have relocated to Batumi on the Black Sea. The flight line in Tblisi is royally wrecked.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

We've got some additional intel on the SAM sites. Both are approximately 13 nm from our AO. This is just far enough that if no one strays across that line then we'll be OK, but given tasking and the SA required, I'm thinking we whack them.

Our F-16's have proven capable of dealing with SA-3's in a previous mission (by running them out of ammo...) and can loiter so if these pair illuminate a target they can whack it. So Weasel flight, please plan for this in addition to supporting BIG MAC. Ideally you will smuck down that SA-3 before Devil flight goes in on that artillery.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Scruff McGruff posted:

Anyone reading this thread, please see my quoted post.
For this upcoming saturday, there are several open slots for the free Su-25T from the Georgian Air Force that are doing hard work in our campaign. You can be fresh to the game with some basic understanding. Arbitrary (discord name) is the flight lead of Enfield 1 and very good at what he does, and very good at helping you learn and get your basics down in time for mission day. Join our discord, and hit him up, or any mod, for questions!

We'd love to have you flying a frogfoot.
As a reminder, DCS itself is free. Caucasus map is free. The Su-25T is free. You need zero dollars for this.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Welcome DCS Newbies. Remember you can try ANY DCS Module for 2 weeks for completely free! The two weeks apply to each module separately, meaning you can try one module for 2 weeks, another for 2 weeks, then a third for two weeks, etc. The timer resets in 6 months, so you can try the same module again!

Karrick
Apr 13, 2015
This thread got me hyped - went and got myself DCS, Flaming Cliffs, and the Syria/Persian Gulf maps - and then once I actually launched it I remembered that I have nowhere near the time this week to learn how to fly from what is essentially zero.

Gonna put myself through some tutorials and maybe I'll be able to join you for Task Force 69's next adventure (and I hope there is one because this event is cool af).

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
To: Commander, Hävittäjälentolaivue 11, Ilmavoimat

It was nice seeing that you are still my commander and not yet dead. Excellent work, Commander! I write with good news. My referral for a sleep study has been accepted, and I will be evaluated tomorrow! Maybe they can codify what my wife calls “obnoxious sleep hygiene” as a medically accepted condition.

This of course means I am unavailable to fly a sortie. Please pass my regrets to the rest of the team.

Georgi sent me a message saying that our frequent relocations are profitable. Haha! OPSEC is hard, I guess. Also, I have another appointment to evaluate my ankle; I may have sprained it on a new “pothole” on the normal runway run route.

I saw Yeoman Che smile during today’s mission, which was maybe a good sign. Maybe he has fully recovered and no longer requires any treatment or received good news of the Tomcats’ sorties.

I also heard that Sami’s sister (Emma?) is getting quite the following back home. I told my wife to ignore her and not to share any mission details about us bombing bridges and sewage centers. Self-serving people like Emma(?) must be kept in check.

Ystävällisin terveisin - Med vänlig hälsning - Kind regards,
Kapteeni Christian Heikkinen
Taistelulentäjä
Hävittäjälentolaivue 11, Ilmavoimat

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

DRAFT - Memorandum concerning Russian cultural exchange with Belgium Retrieved by NATO-affiliated intelligence services from an ElbrusS laptop

Russia strongly *hicup* condemns this *checks notes* unwarranted and unprecedented NATO success aggression in Georgia. As such, I will be maintaining a vigil with the above monk for the foreseeable future. He has shown me the way of Belgian beer and we have initiated a cross-cultural exchanged based on mutual adoration of alcohol.

Ah, gently caress this. I'm going for a drink. Maybe I can join that monastery.

/s/ COL Pytor Deripaska
Attaché to St Sixtus Abbey

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Karrick posted:

This thread got me hyped - went and got myself DCS, Flaming Cliffs, and the Syria/Persian Gulf maps - and then once I actually launched it I remembered that I have nowhere near the time this week to learn how to fly from what is essentially zero.

Gonna put myself through some tutorials and maybe I'll be able to join you for Task Force 69's next adventure (and I hope there is one because this event is cool af).

Almost nightly there are people flying and learning together. If you wanted to learn the SU-25T just pop into Discord and we can walk you through the absolute basics. There are a few people who are really talented pilots, but there's a lot who are just happy getting into the air and killing a tank or two and then dying in a MANPAD fire. You'd be hard pressed to find a chiller group of folks to fly with.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Karrick posted:

Just adding to what Yooper said, the Su-25 is very easy to learn how to fly, you really don't need to know any of the smaller details you may not already have awareness of like trim or how to work the autopilot. Watch some YouTube tutorials for what keybinds you will need, have a PDF cheat sheet of your Joystick binds and/or keyboard hotkeys to keep on your phone or another monitor, and you really only need an evening to jump on the server and get a feel for it, ask questions of the other goons on Discord (the Su-25 has its own channel under #all-other-planes), and you'll probably be good to go.

Scruff McGruff fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Feb 2, 2022

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Karrick posted:

You'll pick it up quick, just get in and fly with goons if you can on the practice server, its a lot of fun and super chill. I have gotten a ton of help being a new player. Also I am flying the 25T this weekend but am gone for the 2 weekends after that so there will be at least 1 more spot free.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

A-10 GROUPS:

The coordination and execution of this operation falls on the shoulders of the joint A-10CII and A-10A groups. The heli's dont have the munitions capacity to inflict the damage we can on the enemy positions, and the A-10C is a fantastic JTAC platform to coordinate and mark targets for other aircraft. The Hornets and Vipers arent fit for loitering either, so its time to do what we do best: fly slowly, for a long time.

Preliminary intel reports suggests that the area East of the river should be light on IR AA SAM's, but there is an unusual concentration of vehicle traffic in the NW quadrant of the city near a formerly open area. Multiple vehicles are parked, seemingly either in report or awaiting munitions and orders to take part in the fighting in the city, or are just lazy. Primary force composition is wheeled APC and light tracked vehicles, with sporadic T-72 presence.

Enemy AA threats in the immediate area of Zugdidi are mostly expected to be optically guided 23mm AA, as well as Zsu-23/4 Shilka batteries. We cant get the exact locations of the latter, but the Zu23's are expected to be featured heaviest around the multiple roadblocks that Abkhazian forces have erected on the North, East, and West sides of the city to prevent infiltration or retreat of currently engaged Georgian infantry elements.

Is is thus noted that the small creek that runs Southwest to Northeast is more or less the border for our troops and theirs. While there is little doubt the enemy will have some forces on "our side" of the river, they are expected to be of relatively light composition and are best dispatched by our heliborne friends. Hence, we will focus our efforts on the entirety of the detected staging area, and then assist with the outposts and enemy entrenched positions in the city.

Due to the discrepancy in targeting capabilities between the A-10A and A-10C, it is recommended that the latter maintain as high an altitude as possible (once SAM threats across the river are no longer an issue), and use PGM's to strike positions which are giving our forces trouble. JDAM's will work, but it is advised that the A-10C's use a mix of smoke rockets, GBU-12's, and Mavericks for this operation. Keep in mind that the Mavericks require both a warm-up period as well as a decent stand-off range when used from 16,000 feet or above, so dont waste shots just because the TGP says they are 3 miles out: thats almost straight down!

The A-10A's are recommended to operate at lower altitudes, but still within comfortable parameters. AA is a threat here, so do not feel that you need to immediately run into the enemy forces; it is entirely beneficial to assist the helicopter forces with destroying the perimeter outposts. By the time all of them have been taken out, you would be wise to coordinate with the helicopters to begin the task of sweeping the city.

A-10C's will, upon destroying the majority of forces at the staging area, assist the helo and A-10A forces with targeting data and guidance. Smoke rockets should be carried in number to help the A-10A's especially, once the enemy AA is no longer deemed a substantial threat.

Takeoff and rearming are expected to be done at Senaki with exact radio stations and coordinated takeoff direction mentioned in a future intel brief. To summarize recommended loadouts:

FUEL LEVEL: 60%

A-10C:

4x AGM-65D, 6xGBU-12, 3x7 FFAR WP rockets, TGP, 2x AIM-9

A-10A:

6x AGM-65D, 4xAIM-9, AS MANY Mk82's AS YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH I TRUST YOU, FOLLOW YOUR HEART!

LASER CODES WILL BE COORDINATED WITH JTAC/AFAC

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 3, 2022

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Letter home from Pulkininkas leitenantas Joris Žygas, Senior Air Controller, Lietuvos Karinės Oro Pajėgos

Translated from the original Lithuanian

quote:

My dearest Liucija,

This conflict has been unkind to me. The loving Russians have tried to kill me twice. Even worse, they've now destroyed my collection of the finest American whiskey and the case of Port that the Portuguese air force gave me after last year's NATO exercises.

Please send Vodka and that beer Evaldas makes on his farm. The beer here is not that good, but at least it is better than the piss water the Americans call "Bud Light" and "Natural Ice". I still have that bottle of Merlot that Auksuole gave me for Christmas. I will drink that tonight. Unfortunately it will be in the truck on the way to [REDACTED] as we need to go to a new base after the damage at Tbilisi.

Your love,

Joris.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Pontiac 1 After Action Report - Day 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE7yAqwhn54

2x F-15C from Tbilisi.

Pontiac 1-1: ninjahedgehog aka wrathcough
Pontiac 1-2: HerpicleOmicron5

What we were supposed to do: Escort C-17 flight HEAVY 1 from rendezvous point MOM''S HOUSE to destination DAD'S HOUSE, then assume backup BARCAP and protect strike flights from Red air.

What we did: Took off from Tblisi and began flight to Mom's House.

First engagement- Pontiac 1 flight was ordered to prosecute a two-ship element of MiG-25 Foxbats on an intercept course to Heavy 1. Each Pontiac aircraft dropped its wing tanks and fired a single AMRAAM, both of which impacted the trailing Foxbat.

https://i.imgur.com/R0Oh9Uy.mp4

Pontiac 1-2 noticed that the Foxbat flight had turned defensive, and Pontiac 1-1 ordered the flight to re-engage. Both Eagles fired a second AMRAAM, which splashed the second Foxbat. Although the tacview shows that Pontiac 1-1 got the killshot for both MiGs, Capt. Hedgehog notes that this feat would not be possible without the help of 1Lt. Omicron, and has decided to award both pilots a single MiG-25 kill each on the official record.

https://i.imgur.com/jhiRHt2.mp4

Second engagement- Pontiac 1 flight rendezvoused with Heavy 1 flight, taking over for the Turkish F-4 escorts. However, Pontiac 1-1 noticed a an aerial explosion, with two C-17s dropping off radar. Pontiac 1-1 reported the detonation to AWACS Wind Maker but the source was unknown -- the Pontiac pilots considered an errant detonation from the Mavericks carried onboard, one of the Turkish Phantoms turning traitor, or perhaps a rogue Russian SAM taking a potshot at the Heavy 1 flight. However, Tacview reveals that Heavy 1-4 steered his aircraft directly into Heavy 1-2, destroying both planes in midair. NATO scuba divers are stil searching for the black boxes of both aircraft to determine the cause of this fatal error.

https://i.imgur.com/RHF0Z1R.mp4

Third engagement- After entering the NATO SAM network and handing off Heavy 1 flight to ATC, Pontiac 1 flight assumed a racetrack south of the no-fly and began a BARCAP over the strike flights. This BARCAP proved largely uneventful, with the exception of a SA error that resulted in Pontiac 1-2 almost shooting down a friendly A-10. Pontiac 1-2 had acquired a Sidewinder tone on what he thought was a Russian Su-25 but held his fire, a fortunate decision that narrowly avoided a fratricide.

https://i.imgur.com/R9nVjrc.mp4

RTB- Pontiac 1 flight attempted a formation landing, but this went poorly. Pontiac 1-2 overshot the flight lead and ran off the runway, severaly damaging his F-15C but avoiding personal harm. The crew chief did not agree with his assessment of "any landing you can walk away from, eh?"

https://i.imgur.com/yHDWcr3.mp4

Tbilisi command has ordered the grounding of all F-15C flights until the cause of the accident can be determined. Capt. Hedgehog has been tempararily reassigned to Weasel flight for the upcoming operation, and has been ordered to cease posting "Virgin Viper, Chad Eagle" memes in the ready room. 1Lt. Omicron, meanwhile, has been reassigned to assist the ground crew in repairing his damaged Eagle.

Pictured: 1Lt. Herpicle Omicron, Oregon ANG, practicing his maintenance skills after his morning matcha latte (Tbilisi Intl Airport, 2008)

What we did well: Pontiac 1 flight continued to display exemplary BVR combat skills, splashing two MiG-25s with zero losses and minimal ordnance waste.

What could have been done better: Situational awareness -- beyond Pontiac 1-2's near blue-on-blue, Pontiac 1-1 had difficulty finding a Russian Su-27 Flanker that had crossed the no-fly even when it was within 10 miles off his nose. His excuse of "It's the year of our Lord 2008, where's my goddamn JHMCS and datalink ED" has been disregarded.

Claimed aerial victories:
2x MiG-25 Foxbat

Total campaign victories:
ninjahedgehog: 1x MiG-29, 1x Su-24, 1x Su-25, 1x MiG-25
HerpicleOmicron5: 1x Su-24, 1x MiG-25
Alchenar: 1x MiG-29

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 3, 2022

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
Not relevant to the operational side of the mission but it really shows the human toll this is taking on the region. Here is an email intercepted and translated by the CIA:

CIA Intercepted Email posted:

Date: Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 6:27 PM
Subject: Shen Yun Tour Update
To: <土豆公主@gmail.com>

My Dearest Lily Blossom,

I am so excited to be a part of the Shen Yun 2022 Tour through Europe!
This will be my first time traveling outside of the Mainland since I
was a young boy! Even more so, to be blessed as a bus driver providing
safe transportation to the cast and crew of such a rich, and amazing
cultural production. I really hope that I can meet some of them! I'll
try to take some pictures even though we were told that it was not
allowed. We arrived in Istanbul safely for the first show and then I
will be driving to Yerevan in Armenia. Armenia! Could you ever have
imagined that I would get to visit such a wonderful land!? I am
excited to learn much about this region of Europe and have purchased
several books. After that we are traveling to Azerbaijan, Georgia,
Russia and then the Ukraine. I might even get to see the amazing
village of Sochi where they once held the Winter Olympics. Truly
blessed I am, Europe is amazing!

Your Morning Dew Drop
xoxo

Date: Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 11:27 PM

My Precious Wife,

Well, it has been one week on tour with Shen Yun! We have completed 7
shows in 7 days, WOW! I thought when I signed up for this that we
would only be doing 1 show per week but I was wrong. Think of how much
extra money we will have when we are done though! I have seen so much
of the Turkish countryside, it's very beautiful I think but I only
drive at night and during the day we are stuck inside of the building.
I can only imagine how beautiful it must look in the sun! We have been
getting 3 meals a day and they are treating us very nicely. The hotels
have been very nice and now I have a roommate to keep me company. He
sets up all of the lights for the show. He seems nice but he does not
talk much. I have not been able to meet any of the performers yet
though, I am not allowed to look at them or talk to them. It's OK
because I don't want to break their concentration or distract them
from the amazing working they are doing. Tomorrow, we cross the
boarder into Armenia for another show. I am excited to visit another
new country in Europe!

Much Love,
Your Dearest Husband

Date: Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 05:19 AM

Daiyu,

Sorry I have not been able to write you lately, internet here is very
hard to find. I had to drive 46km to an internet cafe yesterday but at
least I was able to see the countryside in the daytime. Armenia is not
as beautiful as Turkey. Also, this part of the world is no longer
Europe I guess. When they told me I would be doing a European tour I
was really excited, but now I can see why Europe does not want to be
seen with these other countries. Now we are in what is called the
Caucasus. It is still exciting though and we have completed another 20
shows! Amazing! Can you believe that some days we will drive to one
city for a show and then drive to another city for another show on the
same day? I am doing such much driving. The people here like driving
fast and beeping their horn a lot. They seem friendly though because
they often will roll down their windows to greet our amazing tour!
They are only feeding us twice now but it is OK because sometimes I
don't even have time to eat breakfast...or dinner. I also have 3 more
friends from the tour staying with me in my hotel room. It is like a
slumber party here and we have fun! I hope to write to you again soon.
Wish me good fortunes in the meantime! Off to Georgia in the morning.

Chaoxiang

Date: Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 10:02 PM

We arrived in Georgia just before sunrise. They told us to only travel
by night as it was not safe during the day. The local people are in
good spirits and one farmer even told me that an aircraft just dropped
all of its ammunition onto his farm, killing several of his animals,
before it crashed into a nearby field. At least there are lots of
soldiers attending our shows! They are very excited to see such an
amazing performance! Unfortunately, one of the dancers lost a leg
while stepping on a landmine before getting on the bus. I hope she is
ok. They have several replacements so they probably planned on
something like this happening. We aren't allowed to sleep in the
hotels anymore, everyone sleeps on the bus. It gets cold at night but
they have provided us with blankets, cigarettes and some local grain
alcohol. It is very strong but it helps you fall asleep at night. Some
good news, we finally had a day off. When we arrived at the theater,
we were told that it was closed for renovations. The workers must have
been cold because there was lots of smoke and fire coming from the
building and it didn't have a roof. They say we will be crossing the
border into Russia soon but I thought we were already there because of
all the other people speaking Russian and the many Russian flags
hanging around. I must go for now and drive overnight to Zugdidi.

Date: Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 02:44 AM

to whom it may concern,

I have never witnessed such destruction in all my life. the streets
are abandonded like no one lives here. whole cities just deserted. the
rumble of bombs in the distance and the constant scream of warplanes
overhead. i can't sleep at night and there is little food left to
spare. we are told there are still 3 weeks left in the tour but we are
losing cast and crew every day. if another actor is lost, i was told
that i would have to fill in and still drive the bus. we are going
through so many tires a day on the bus because the roads are all full
of bomb holes. luckily there are many russian armored vehicles to
salvage from one you put out the fires. please send word the the
chinese embassy. i fear that we may not make it to ukraine. good bye.
please send help.

ps. i was finally able to meet one of the star performers! she ran up
to me and begged for my shirt to try to stop the bleeding. i hope i
get to meet more stars!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is it really 5000 years of tradition if Lu Bu is not pursued?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Between the mid-air and the C-17 destroyed on the ground when Kutaisi was captured, this op has been very unfortunate for the heavy lift fleet.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Oh no, the Chinese have developed time travel technology!!

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

I will be one of the Georgian JTACs for this operation.

I, as the JTAC callsign "DAGGER" will be at objective area Bic Mac. I will be in a vehicle, so sometimes it might take a moment to move from one position to another.
I will be using laser designators, and colored smoke throwers to designate targets for rockets, missiles, gun runs, and bombs.

Another JTAC will be callsign "SCYTHE". He will be at Objective Fish Sandwich, and will be similar to me.

Dagger:
31.000 FM
264.000 mhz UHF

Scythe:
32.000 FM
265.000 mhz UHF

Both of us will be discussing with Bulldozer on 262.000mhz in terms of coordination.

Procedure:

When you are approaching our objective area, tune into our frequency, and check in the number of your planes, and the ordnance you are carrying. You will then perform attack runs on request, or freely if situation calls for it.
Try to not orbit the objective directly while waiting, but stage a few miles back.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 4, 2022

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Vahakyla posted:

I will be one of the Georgian JTACs for this operation.

I, as the JTAC callsign "DAGGER" will be at objective area Bic Mac. I will be in a vehicle, so sometimes it might take a moment to move from one position to another.
I will be using laser designators, and colored smoke throwers to designate targets for rockets, missiles, gun runs, and bombs.

You have 100% nailed the tone of the towel handout guy who got fired from their job doing cool things.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!

WEASEL FLIGHT BRIEFING - Week 4

FLIGHT:
Flight Lead: WEASEL 1-1 Bear.is.flying
Wingman: WEASEL 1-2 Wrathcough
Element Lead: WEASEL 1-3 Big Soda
Wingman: WEASEL 1-4 Deadseed

MISSION: SEAD/BAI - Suppress unlocated SA-3 and SA-6 sites followed by assisting at OBJ BIG MAC.

LOADOUT:
AGM-88*2 (Inner Pylons)
GBU-38*2 (Outer Pylons)
AIM-9X*2
AIM-120C*2
Centerline Fuel Tank
PODS: HTS/TGP

EXECUTION:
Takeoff: 15 second intervals.
Climb: 350 kts / M .80
Cruise: M .80 @ 25000 ft

Hold South/East of the AO Line (WP1-2) and engage pop-up radar threats via HTS Pod and HARMs. Once radar threats neutralized, proceed to OBJ BIG MAC (WP3) to assist with BAI using GBU-38.

AA SELF-DEFENSE CONTINGENCY: Shoot Hot Aspect bandits if Range <20 nm and along the Azimuth of a SPIKE.

ROUTE:
Depart: BATUMI
WP1: WEST end of AO Line
WP2: EAST end of AO Line
WP3: OBJ BIG MAC
WP4: BATUMI (Landing)

INTJ Mastermind fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 4, 2022

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

A Communique From the NATO Bureau of Logistics and Armaments, General Josef Marxer of the Newly Established Liechtenstein Air Force presiding

Greetings pilots!

I have run our Flight Assessment Program to generate cost reports for our operation. We have managed to dislodge the Russians from Kutaisi airbase over the course of what I am pleased to announce is our cheapest operation yet! Special callouts to wonkotron for being the most destructive, and to wrathcough for being the most cost effective pilot. Special mention goes to the JEDI flights for their work in destroying ammo dumps. Unfortunately, the intelligence officer that was supposed to get the price of the ammunition stores was unable to get that data in time, so it is not reflected in the report. Additionally, there was some Russian interference with the tactical datalink I rely on for these reports ever since I cancelled the NordVPN subscription, so there is some degree of error in this report.

code:
=Goon Flight Assessment Program (FAP) Report:
==TEAMKILLS:
	There were none!
==Bluefor:
Committed $3,595,584,824.90 in assets to the operation, expending $248,698,464.43 to destroy $284,033,709.80

===Pilot: Pontiac 2-4 | Enigma89
	Killed: 0 targets valued at $0.00
	Expended: $0.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
===Pilot: Pontiac 2-3 | KingCrab
	Killed: 1 targets valued at $5,000,000.00
	Expended: $743,115.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		AIM-7 Sparrow Fired:2 Hit:1
		weapons.shells.M53_APT_RED Fired:111 Hit:0
		weapons.shells.M56A3_HE_RED Fired:481 Hit:0
		AIM-54A Phoenix Fired:1 Hit:0
===Pilot: Enfield 2-3 | Jazzahn
	Killed: 7 targets valued at $6,300,000.00
	Expended: $932,912.31 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		X_25ML Fired:2 Hit:2
		P_60 Fired:1 Hit:1
		9K121 Vikhr Fired:16 Hit:6
		P_73 Fired:2 Hit:2
===Pilot: Pontiac 1-1 | wrathcough
	Killed: 2 targets valued at $60,000,000.00
	Expended: $800,000.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		AIM-120C AMRAAM Fired:2 Hit:2
===Pilot: Pontiac 2-2 | TerranRaida
	Expended: $477,131.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
===Pilot: Enfield 1-4 | Aero737
	Expended: $11,000,000.00 over the course of the mission, including 1 deaths.
	Munitions Employed:
===Pilot: DEVIL 1-3 | mashed
	Killed: 5 targets valued at $1,964,316.00
	Expended: $307,584.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		GBU-12 Paveway II Fired:4 Hit:3
		AGM-65E Maverick Fired:1 Hit:1
		AGM-65F Maverick Fired:1 Hit:1
===Pilot: JEDI 1-1 | =420= Sneep
	Killed: 2 targets valued at $30,400,000.00
	Expended: $4,018,100.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		weapons.shells.M61_20_PGU28 Fired:509 Hit:208
		AIM-9X Sidewinder Fired:6 Hit:3
		GBU-10 Paveway II Fired:2 Hit:0
===Pilot: Enfield 1-2 | Scruff McGr
	Killed: 4 targets valued at $273,000.00
	Expended: $11,144,910.00 over the course of the mission, including 1 deaths.
	Munitions Employed:
		S_25L Fired:2 Hit:2
		Parachutist Fired:1 Hit:0
		9K121 Vikhr Fired:3 Hit:2
===Pilot: DEVIL 1-2 | Tythas
	Expended: $66,000,000.00 over the course of the mission, including 1 deaths.
	Munitions Employed:
===Pilot: WEASEL 1-4 | cbjamo
	Killed: 5 targets valued at $1,283,158.00
	Expended: $660,000.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		AGM-65D Maverick Fired:6 Hit:6
===Pilot: Devil 2-1 | Prime
	Killed: 2 targets valued at $1,000,000.00
	Expended: $43,792.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		GBU-12 Paveway II Fired:2 Hit:2
===Pilot: Hawg 1-2 | =420= Snapshot
	Munitions Employed:
===Pilot: WEASEL 1-2 | big soda
	Killed: 2 targets valued at $572,678.95
	Expended: $660,000.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		AGM-65D Maverick Fired:6 Hit:2
===Pilot: Enfield 2-1 | Bonkers
	Killed: 6 targets valued at $1,070,000.00
	Expended: $1,134,076.14 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		X_58 Fired:2 Hit:2
		9K121 Vikhr Fired:16 Hit:5
		P_73 Fired:1 Hit:0
===Pilot: JEDI 1-2 | Ice Fist
	Killed: 1 targets valued at $300,000.00
	Expended: $1,764,047.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		AIM-120C AMRAAM Fired:1 Hit:0
		AIM-9X Sidewinder Fired:2 Hit:0
		GBU-10 Paveway II Fired:2 Hit:1
===Pilot: JEDI 1-4 | wonkotron
	Killed: 6 targets valued at $99,463,158.00
	Expended: $3,501,024.20 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		weapons.shells.M61_20_PGU28 Fired:623 Hit:136
		AIM-120C AMRAAM Fired:2 Hit:1
		AIM-9X Sidewinder Fired:4 Hit:2
		weapons.shells.7_62x54 Fired:2 Hit:0
===Pilot: Pontiac 1-2 | Herp
	Expended: $2,000,864.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		AIM-120C AMRAAM Fired:5 Hit:0
		weapons.shells.M61_20_HE Fired:32 Hit:0
===Pilot: Devil 2-3 | Jae
	Expended: $2,645,155.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		AIM-120C AMRAAM Fired:3 Hit:0
		AIM-7M Sparrow III Fired:1 Hit:0
===Pilot: Jedi 1-3 |=420=Deadseed
	Killed: 3 targets valued at $25,963,158.00
	Expended: $31,248,871.72 over the course of the mission, including 1 deaths.
	Munitions Employed:
		weapons.shells.M61_20_PGU28 Fired:29 Hit:0
		AIM-9X Sidewinder Fired:2 Hit:1
		GBU-10 Paveway II Fired:2 Hit:2
===Pilot: Devil 1-4 | Stimperor
	Killed: 3 targets valued at $2,430,000.00
	Expended: $197,584.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		GBU-12 Paveway II Fired:4 Hit:4
===Pilot: Enfield 2-2 | breaky
	Killed: 6 targets valued at $1,750,122.95
	Expended: $11,452,800.00 over the course of the mission, including 1 deaths.
	Munitions Employed:
		9K121 Vikhr Fired:16 Hit:10
===Pilot: Hawg 1-1 Dandywalken
	Expended: $46,300,000.00 over the course of the mission, including 1 deaths.
	Munitions Employed:
===Pilot: Enfield 1-1 | Arbitrary
	Killed: 3 targets valued at $1,000,000.00
	Expended: $380,920.06 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		X_25ML Fired:1 Hit:1
		P_60 Fired:2 Hit:2
		9K121 Vikhr Fired:6 Hit:3
===Pilot: Devil 2-2 | radintorov
	Killed: 3 targets valued at $30,701,158.00
	Expended: $725,765.50 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		AIM-9X Sidewinder Fired:1 Hit:1
		GBU-12 Paveway II Fired:3 Hit:3
===Pilot: WEASEL 1-3 | wally
	Killed: 2 targets valued at $57,122.95
	Expended: $440,000.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		AGM-65D Maverick Fired:4 Hit:3
===Pilot: Georgian TokenFrogs-1
	Munitions Employed:
===Pilot: Devil 1-1 | Jarmak
	Killed: 4 targets valued at $790,280.95
	Expended: $197,584.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		GBU-12 Paveway II Fired:4 Hit:4
===Pilot: Georgian TokenFrogs-2
	Munitions Employed:
===Pilot: Wizard-1-1
	Munitions Employed:
===Pilot: UN C-130-1
	Expended: $13,000,000.00 over the course of the mission, including 1 deaths.
	Munitions Employed:
===Pilot: Pontiac 2-1 | Vähäkylä
	Expended: $602,131.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		AIM-7 Sparrow Fired:1 Hit:0
===Pilot: UN C-130-2
	Expended: $13,000,000.00 over the course of the mission, including 1 deaths.
	Munitions Employed:
===Pilot: WEASEL 1-1 | BEAR
	Killed: 5 targets valued at $13,715,556.00
	Expended: $1,320,077.50 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		AIM-9X Sidewinder Fired:1 Hit:1
		AGM-65D Maverick Fired:6 Hit:6
===Pilot: Rotary-1-3
	Munitions Employed:
===Pilot: KutaisiC17
	Expended: $20.00 over the course of the mission
	Munitions Employed:
		Parachutist Fired:2 Hit:0
Also, I should note that the price of the pilots lounge snack machine has been increased in order to help defray the costs of the damage sustained in the SCUD attack.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dandywalken posted:

A-10 GROUPS:

The coordination and execution of this operation falls on the shoulders of the joint A-10CII and A-10A groups. The heli's dont have the munitions capacity to inflict the damage we can on the enemy positions, and the A-10C is a fantastic JTAC platform to coordinate and mark targets for other aircraft. The Hornets and Vipers arent fit for loitering either, so its time to do what we do best: fly slowly, for a long time.

Preliminary intel reports suggests that the area East of the river should be light on IR AA SAM's, but there is an unusual concentration of vehicle traffic in the NW quadrant of the city near a formerly open area. Multiple vehicles are parked, seemingly either in report or awaiting munitions and orders to take part in the fighting in the city, or are just lazy. Primary force composition is wheeled APC and light tracked vehicles, with sporadic T-72 presence.

Enemy AA threats in the immediate area of Zugdidi are mostly expected to be optically guided 23mm AA, as well as Zsu-23/4 Shilka batteries. We cant get the exact locations of the latter, but the Zu23's are expected to be featured heaviest around the multiple roadblocks that Abkhazian forces have erected on the North, East, and West sides of the city to prevent infiltration or retreat of currently engaged Georgian infantry elements.

Is is thus noted that the small creek that runs Southwest to Northeast is more or less the border for our troops and theirs. While there is little doubt the enemy will have some forces on "our side" of the river, they are expected to be of relatively light composition and are best dispatched by our heliborne friends. Hence, we will focus our efforts on the entirety of the detected staging area, and then assist with the outposts and enemy entrenched positions in the city.

Due to the discrepancy in targeting capabilities between the A-10A and A-10C, it is recommended that the latter maintain as high an altitude as possible (once SAM threats across the river are no longer an issue), and use PGM's to strike positions which are giving our forces trouble. JDAM's will work, but it is advised that the A-10C's use a mix of smoke rockets, GBU-12's, and Mavericks for this operation. Keep in mind that the Mavericks require both a warm-up period as well as a decent stand-off range when used from 16,000 feet or above, so dont waste shots just because the TGP says they are 3 miles out: thats almost straight down!

The A-10A's are recommended to operate at lower altitudes, but still within comfortable parameters. AA is a threat here, so do not feel that you need to immediately run into the enemy forces; it is entirely beneficial to assist the helicopter forces with destroying the perimeter outposts. By the time all of them have been taken out, you would be wise to coordinate with the helicopters to begin the task of sweeping the city.

A-10C's will, upon destroying the majority of forces at the staging area, assist the helo and A-10A forces with targeting data and guidance. Smoke rockets should be carried in number to help the A-10A's especially, once the enemy AA is no longer deemed a substantial threat.

Takeoff and rearming are expected to be done at Senaki with exact radio stations and coordinated takeoff direction mentioned in a future intel brief. To summarize recommended loadouts:

FUEL LEVEL: 60%

A-10C:

4x AGM-65D, 6xGBU-12, 3x7 FFAR WP rockets, TGP, 2x AIM-9

A-10A:

6x AGM-65D, 4xAIM-9, AS MANY Mk82's AS YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH I TRUST YOU, FOLLOW YOUR HEART!

LASER CODES WILL BE COORDINATED WITH JTAC/AFAC

Excuse me. Yooper said the A-10A flight, Tusk 1, was to accompany Enfield 1 to McRib. Probably as some sort of cannibalism horror show.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

*A very angry greek pilot has decided to respond to the Bureau's report*
Hey, you cheat me! You cheat sonofabitch! First the olive oil, AND NOW THIS! Some Degree of Error? *waves hands dramatically* THIS IS ALL DEGREE OF ERROR

You say this:

Killed: 1 targets valued at $300,000.00
Munitions Employed:
AIM-120C AMRAAM Fired:1 Hit:0

Where did you get your data from? The Italians? Are you blind like ref in football game? Never mind the ammo dumps:

Should be this:

Killed: 3 targets valued at $300,000.00
Munitions Employed:
AIM-120C AMRAAM Fired:1 Hit:1
AIM-9X Sidewinder Fired:2 Hit: 2

Shame! You hate Greeks. Lichtenstein? LICHT MY rear end! What was in cargo plane? You don't know? Well I say it was gold! Entire plane filled with gold! So not $300,000. $300,000,000,000. Most efficient pilot ever. Give me medals! Honors! Parade! Interview with President!

Even if you not give olive oil to Italian bastards, I would not fly for you anymore.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

“Enfield 1”, Georgian Air Force, Georgia
Mixed Aviation Squadron
Su-25T, x4 ------- currently 2/4 slots available, please join, it is free and fun
Role: Strike

"Tusk 1"
The other Georgia National Guard perhaps
A-10A, 4x ------- currently 2/4 slots available, please join, it is free $7.49~$24.99 and fun
Role: Also Strike

Recommended Loadouts
Su-25T: Vikhrs, Mercury LLTV, other laser missiles, no external tanks, extra flares
A-10A: AGM-65D x6 (3x2), AIM-9 x4, some bombs or rockets maybe (1000lbs and 2000lbs bombs might be easier to score kills with, but risk splashing your plane), [/b]~60% internal fuel[/b]
[b]No cluster munitions. (Are SFWs even clusters?)

Order of operations:
1/ Confirm your loadout, including fuel and flare count. Senaki is a short runway. We don't want to lose anyone to a few extra Khabizgina
2/ Rally at the marked Ingress Point
3/ Target a SAM, Shilka, MANPAD, AAA; confirm a wingman is watching for SAMs
4/ Fire near the next river
5/ Break away before the river after that; scan for helicopters
6/ Watch for SAMs for your wingman
7/ Reset; Repeat until no obvious threats
8/ Target tanks (not APCs); feel free to try for 2 kills each run; still watch for missiles and helicopters and such
9/ Do not crest the dam ever. There are SA-19 hiding on the other side.

A-10As, you can reserve a maverick to help guide you in for other attacks. Target as per usual, but fight the urge to rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrifle. Once you can discern the target outside the cockpit window, switch to your rocket/bomb/gun and follow your CCIP.

Sounds like we are cleared to rearm if necessary. We can carry a lot of ordnance, so it might not be necessary.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

===Pilot: Enfield 2-2 | breaky
Killed: 6 targets valued at $1,750,122.95
Expended: $11,452,800.00 over the course of the mission, including 1 deaths.
Munitions Employed:
9K121 Vikhr Fired:16 Hit:10

I was just locking up my MIC consultant job post-deployment.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

მზად ვარ ვემსახურო სამშობლოს.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Devil 1 flight - 4 x F/A-18C Lot 20

Devil 1-1: Jarmak
Devil 1-2: Tythas
Devil 1-3: Ice Fist
Devil 1-4: Stimperor

TASK:
Devil 1 is tasked with a BAI strike against fixed artillery positions IVO the town of Koki, OBJ ROYALE. This strike will be conducted in support of the Georgian engineers assault on Zugdidi, OBJ BIG MAC and is intended to render the artillery combat ineffective for the duration of the assault.

We expect to be given a follow-on task to provide CAS support for that assault, the assault on the dam (OBJ MCRIB), or the assault on the Russian beachhead (OBJ FISH SANDWICH). We will be fragged by Bulldozer as need upon the completion of our primary task

In game Start Time: 0600
METAR: (Waiting for weather report)
Bullseye: Tshinkvali
Launch Airfield: Tbilisi-Lochini, Rwy 31L, TCN 25X GTB
Recovery Airfield: Tbilisi-Lochini Rwy 31L, TCN 25X GTB

THREATS:
Aircraft: Mig 29, Su 27, Su 34 have been observed in prior missions.
SAM: MANPADS, SA-19, SA-3/SA-6 are operating over the border but we out of range of our objective.
AAA: ZSU-23-4 Shilka, ZU-23-2 mounted on Ural 375

COMMS:
Devil 1 Flight - MIDS 1 (/ 133.000 AM radio 2 during start up until all Devils are on MIDS 1)

Ground Battle Manager: Bulldozer 262.000 AM - Radio 1
Tbilisi Tower: 260.00 - Radio 1

Air Battle Manager: Wind Maker 261.000 AM - Radio 2
Enfield Flight: 137.000 - Radio 2
Other flights: per kneeboard - Radio 2

LOADOUT:

1x AGM-65F IR-Guided Missile
4x GBU-38 GPS-Guided Missile
2x GBU-12 500lb Laser-Guided Bomb
2x AIM-9X IR AAM
1x AIM-120C-5 Active Radar AAM
1x AN/AAQ 28 Litening Targeting Pod
1x FPU-8A Fuel Tank, 330 Gallons

FLIGHT PLAN AND TARGETING:

ROE:
Visual identification of ground targets, or marking by JTAC/FAC(A) with visual identification required before engaging. As long as under control of a JTAC/FAC(A), do not engage ground targets IVO objective PIGPEN without instructions.

Georgian engineers can be identified by organic flamethrower support. In the event of CAS tasking prepared for targets in close proximity to friendlies and/or civilians and above all LISTEN TO THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE JTAC.

Air targets should be fired on at the direction of Wind Maker or in self defense if required.

MINIMUM ALT: Do not descend below 15000' AGL while over enemy targets

BINGO: 3500

FLIGHT PLAN WAYPOINTS:
Waypoint 0 - Tbilisi
Waypoint 1 - Holding point - Devil 1 will hold here in case of hostile air until cleared by Bulldozer/Windmaker to proceed
Waypoint 2 - IP - Devil 1 will establish a right-hand orbit at this point to locate targets (NOTE: please place this waypoint 10-12NM away from Royale)
Waypoint 3 - ROYALE - Primary Obj - Destroy/disable Russian artillery positions

ADDITIONAL WAYPOINTS:
Waypoint 4 - BIG MAC - Secondary target
Waypoint 5 - MCRIB- Secondary target
Waypoint 6 - FISH SANDWICH- Secondary target

TARGETING

Targeting will be established at WP2, in the event of follow-on CAS targeting will be done in accordance with JTAC/FAC(A) instructions.

LASER CODES:

Recommend setting your LST to wingman's laser code

Devil 1-1: 1511
Devil 1-2: 1512
Devil 1-3: 1513
Devil 1-4: 1514

ADDITIONAL TASKS
Expect additional CAS tasks upon destruction of OBJ ROYALE

Jarmak fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 5, 2022