Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
How the gently caress is ur mascot dog poorly socialized to the point it will bite, ever lmao. A&M vet school as fraudulent as their military smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
To burst the bubble a bit, the word is someone stepped on her tail and she made that reaction, she never actually went through and bit the girl.

Besides, if she actually bit her there'd be news about it, that pic is a couple days old.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Scionix posted:

How the gently caress is ur mascot dog poorly socialized to the point it will bite, ever lmao. A&M vet school as fraudulent as their military smdh
Put yourself in the dog's position

What do you see in your day to day life on campus with the cadets?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Ron Zook was decent at Illinois when he had some talented players like Juice Williams and Arrelious Benn.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He had one "good" year where they weren't even that good but made a Rose Bowl because it was an insane year and the Rose Bowl wanted a Big Ten/PAC 10 matchup. Otherwise he sucked and by the end he had some of the worst recruiting classes in the conference so he wasn't even good at that anymore

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ron Zook owned

Illinois Rose Bowl 2007 never forget

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Scionix posted:

A&Ms vet school took really good care of my cat when he got hurt so I can't really knock them.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Ron Zook owned

That team lost to Jake Christensen they were trash

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Scionix posted:

That is not a dog biting

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ron Zook owned

they should be awarded a win for that game too because USC was full of steroid abusing linebackers

that game makes me mad because of having to hear bamas fight song talk about the Rose bowl even though they haven't been in ages

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Ron Zook owned

Everyone knew USC was going to murder them and no one watched because it was over by the half to my recollection.

MourningView posted:

It's probably a good lesson that we shouldn't make too much of any one game. Outside of that one NC St has been good in pretty much exactly the way people expected them to be good before the season

I totally agree, just kind of some weird voodoo that's repeated twice. I love a good cursed trend as long as it ain't my team.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 6, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

The Wolverines will make $2.25 million for the Amazon documentary being done on their 2017 season, according to the Detroit Free Press.

jesus christ

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Miss Rev is showing more ferocity there than A&M has in multiple seasons

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
All this talk of who's a good X's & O's coach and who isn't requires some levity.

gently caress Penn St.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

C2C - 2.0 posted:

All this talk of who's a good X's & O's coach and who isn't requires some levity.

gently caress Penn St.

It's 10/6 and I just want to get on the record gently caress bort bleama

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Bama beat Ole Miss so bad we're changing mascots.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/6/16437906/ole-miss-mascot-landshark-black-bears-rebels

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Skimming wikipedia entries, it seems like a mistake for Illinois to fire Zook. Starting 6-0 and finishing 6-6 is embarrassing but mostly a fluke of the schedule. Consecutive bowls seems pretty good for the Illini.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Skimming wikipedia entries, it seems like a mistake for Illinois to fire Zook. Starting 6-0 and finishing 6-6 is embarrassing but mostly a fluke of the schedule. Consecutive bowls seems pretty good for the Illini.

I know y'all's default is to assume fans of bad teams should never be unhappy with anything but 3 bowls in 8 years with a conference winning percentage of like .300 is really bad even at Illinois and it was about to get way worse. His recruiting completley collapsed at the very end. That they managed to make a worse hire in Beckman doesn't retroactively make Zook good. On balance he wasn't even as good as Ron Turner

FRAT SHAAAAAAAARRRRRRKKKKKKKK

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Hell yeah, I've been saying this for years
They still need to drop the "rebels" thing, though

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

shut ole miss down if it is not a Street Shark

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
presumably however Zook was bribing all the future nflers got found out and shut down and the program totally collapsed

thankfully with lovie and Jeff George jr it's coming back baby! I'm Champaign bound in an hour!!!!( I have no idea if they even play this weekend)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I am sure Mississippi fans will be fine with the shark, provided that it's a racist shark

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Pakled posted:

Hell yeah, I've been saying this for years
They still need to drop the "rebels" thing, though

If they drop "Rebels" will people give them a pass on the "Ole Miss" moniker? That seems like a reasonable compromise.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 6, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

General Dog posted:

If they drop "Rebels" will people give them a pass on the "Ole Miss" moniker? That seems like a reasonable compromise.

who is mad about the ole miss part

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

who is mad about the ole miss part

Mississippi State fans, always.

Ole Miss was apparently what slaves would call the plantation owner's wife, which is why that's a thing. It appears to be an actual purposeful reference from some stuff I've read, so that + everything else harkening back to the civil war about Mississippi I guess I don't blame people for disliking it.

Other than Mississippi State fans, who I'll just laugh at.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

Mississippi State fans, always.

Ole Miss was apparently what slaves would call the plantation owner's wife, which is why that's a thing. It appears to be an actual purposeful reference from some stuff I've read, so that + everything else harkening back to the civil war about Mississippi I guess I don't blame people for disliking it.

Other than Mississippi State fans, who I'll just laugh at.

This would not be surprising in the slightest given the school but it's definitely not a thing I've seen people in the larger college football media world make a big deal out of.

That General Dog thinks they should be entitled to keep at least one slavery reference is also not surprising.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AsInHowe posted:

I am sure Mississippi fans will be fine with the shark, provided that it's a racist shark

Dark meat, white meat, it's all good to a shark.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

MourningView posted:

This would not be surprising in the slightest given the school but it's definitely not a thing I've seen people in the larger college football media world make a big deal out of.

That General Dog thinks they should be entitled to keep at least one slavery reference is also not surprising.

To be fair, the reference is opaque and obscure enough that neither you nor 99% of anybody else knew anything about it.

Granted I'm less than progressive on a lot of stuff, but in this case I think there's a pretty strong case for it being pretty harmless. The meanings of words and phrases change, and when a phrase that was only tangentially attached to slavery to begin with reaches a point where virtually everyone save a few historians just think "the University of Mississippi" when they hear it, it's probably okay.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 6, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mastershakeman posted:

I'm Champaign bound in an hour!!!!( I have no idea if they even play this weekend)

This is hurtful

General Dog posted:

Our Dixie forever! She’s never at a loss!
Down with the eagle and up with the cross!
We'll rally ‘round the bonny flag, we’ll rally once again,
Shout, shout the battle cry of Freedom!

Noted.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 6, 2017

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MourningView posted:

This is hurtful

I take it back I'm very excited for a game between teams who rank in the bottom half of 300 teams in nearly every stat

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Good god you are awful General Dog

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Why can't they just be the Ole Miss Patriots and stop glorifying traitors? :iiam:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

C2C - 2.0 posted:

gently caress Penn St.

Penn State being poo poo on an institutional level isn't a laughing matter though- https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/11/a-death-at-penn-state/540657/

LGD fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 6, 2017

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Why can't they just be the Ole Miss Patriots and stop glorifying traitors? :iiam:

Actually I'd prefer they change it to the Ole Miss Racists Traitors.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LGD posted:

Penn State being poo poo on an institutional level isn't a laughing matter though- https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/11/a-death-at-penn-state/540657/

It's really cool (read: not cool) that even in these days of ultra-woke campus culture, Fraternities and Sororities, which- among their many other faults- are the purest embodiments of white privilege on earth, still exist basically unchalleged and unexamined.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

DJExile posted:

jesus christ

sounds kind of low? I always thought there were multiple rich people who donate that much yearly to the athletic department at um. or any major sports college.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

DJExile posted:

bowling green is still bad and it's doing my heart some good to see dino babers getting exposed at syracuse

also today is "DJExile hauls old/dead files down to the basement of the office" day, so here have a look at this rad old keyring of a Vols schedule

8 home games and 3 road games :vince:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

AsInHowe posted:

They'll insist on a Great White.

joke blatantly stolen from twitter

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dabo almost surely doesn't really think this and is doing it to psych up his team but I want to believe:

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article176848516.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

augias posted:

sounds kind of low? I always thought there were multiple rich people who donate that much yearly to the athletic department at um. or any major sports college.

It's more from a "but god forbid a player trade on their name or be given a sandwich" perspective

• Locked thread