Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

saladscooper posted:

i still don't want to vote somber btw. obama will tunnel me for this

Seems a bit excessive given I’ve barely even discussed you before today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CubicalSucrose posted:

I have a townread on FoS and a null read on OA and a slight townread on you.

Hmm.

From the perspective of you and OA and FoS, I can see how this "narrow it down to two" might be appealing. But also, the three of you have been collectively deemed "less scummy than the alternative" by the group.

If you believe that scum are voting different people right now and aren't willing to bus, then at least two of the people with votes right now are town.

Mmm...Suppose somber is scum, this seems like maybe an excuse to get a swerve going. But which of the current vote-havers would be scum-Somber's partner? Maybe three scum?

I feel like most people other than you don't have a townread on FoS so much as a null-read. despite voting for TPC on-and-off throughout the game the actual commitment to getting TPC flipped seems middling at best? i get why you would have a town read necessarily though, since fool is also on the TPC train.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Seems a bit excessive given I’ve barely even discussed you before today

it definitely felt a bit out of place.

Also, I realized I haven't said this in a while, but I'm a member of the "Town." Just thought I'd clear up any confusion here, thanks.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
My reads are, from scum to town: tpc>salad>obama>maug>cube>somber. I'm pretty much only interested in voting those top three today. That said I don't think that tpc and salad are scum together; I don't see tpc as making taking the risk of leaving salad at -1 on day 1 when they could have just as easily and less suspiciously joined the binus vote. So I think that the scum team must be tpc OR salad + obama OR maug. I'm 100% town reading somber at this point, and I feel like I have a pretty good meta read on cube and if they're scum in this game they're doing a remarkably good job of hiding their scumtells.

I'm going to briefly reread the interactions between my scum candidates.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
well actually now that fool has said i'm their favorite i think they could be town so nevermind

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Somberbrero posted:

well actually now that fool has said i'm their favorite i think they could be town so nevermind

Laughing out loud but not so loud as to shake off the cat on top of me.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

saladscooper posted:

Gut still says there's scum in Obama/Cube/Maugrim but given that there's like only 2 that isn't really useful at all. I'm tied up all afternoon into the evening but I still have a couple hours this morning to read so I'll be doing that

Lol here's salad trying to distance themselves from their partner. Also this is the first we hear of that "gut feeling" that they "still" have despite pushing binus fairly hard the prior day.

saladscooper posted:

i forgot why i wanted to kill him yesterday but i'm assuming i had a good reason for it

Oh jesus christ how did I miss this lol. Not believing a case enough to remember what it was is basically a scumclaim.

Nevermind tpc is just wrong town. It's salad+obama or maug.

##vote salad

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

fool of sound posted:

Lol here's salad trying to distance themselves from their partner. Also this is the first we hear of that "gut feeling" that they "still" have despite pushing binus fairly hard the prior day.

Oh jesus christ how did I miss this lol. Not believing a case enough to remember what it was is basically a scumclaim.

Nevermind tpc is just wrong town. It's salad+obama or maug.

##vote salad

seriously though i feel like this just convinced me. am i stupid??

even still i still feel like hedging bets with Maug feels right in my heart. i will reread Maug at least.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Fool if you are town, and regret to inform you that you are woefully wrong. If you are scum, well good work keep it up

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I’m know I’ve been ruthless in the past but does fos really think I’d be busing salad at this point in the game?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

ObamaAkbar. posted:

does fos really think

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I’m know I’ve been ruthless in the past but does fos really think I’d be busing salad at this point in the game?

Until I voted salad you were the only vote on them. That's pretty safe distancing even in a 4 vote to kill situation.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

fool of sound posted:

Until I voted salad you were the only vote on them. That's pretty safe distancing even in a 4 vote to kill situation.

Hmm fair one

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Your Personal Muse posted:

Everytime you don’t vote salad you should be asking yourself, why am I not voting salad?

I'm hesitant to vote Salad because I think it's TPC but I DON'T think it's (TPC + Salad).

I do think there's pretty reasonable cred for a bus right now, so I can see TPC + Maugrim.

##vote Maugrim

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

That's -1 on Maugrim.

Votecount for Day 3

Maugrim (3): Tea Party Crasher, Somberbrero, CubicalSucrose
saladscooper (2): ObamaAkbar., fool of sound
CubicalSucrose (2): Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Maugrim, saladscooper
Tea Party Crasher (0): fool of sound, CubicalSucrose, fool of sound, CubicalSucrose

Not Voting (0):

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 13th, 2024 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 8 hours, 12 minutes.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

ObamaAkbar. posted:

But you can’t even articulate why you wanted to kill him, doesn’t follow that you would still want to kill him given that.

nah i'm trusting my gut regardless

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Somberbrero posted:

it definitely felt a bit out of place.

Also, I realized I haven't said this in a while, but I'm a member of the "Town." Just thought I'd clear up any confusion here, thanks.

So you're scum, but your flavour is Our Town by Iris DeMent?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
my read of tpc is based on them coasting to victory in recent cookfia as scum, here they're actually playing the game

like i know cookfia is cookfia and all but the difference is, stark.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Maugrim posted:

So you're scum, but your flavour is Our Town by Iris DeMent?

our town

in the middle of our town

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
i desperately want to hammer maugrim but it would probably be a gamethrow

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

CubicalSucrose posted:

I'm hesitant to vote Salad because I think it's TPC but I DON'T think it's (TPC + Salad).

I do think there's pretty reasonable cred for a bus right now, so I can see TPC + Maugrim.

##vote Maugrim

Don't vote me please, I'm town and not even a very useful info flip for town.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

CubicalSucrose posted:

What if it's 3 scum and we vote a scum out today?

I feel like this distribution of votes is highly unlikely to have happened with 3 scum. At this point I'm basing all my thinking on the assumption of 2 scum, if I'm wrong then I think we are kind of shafted.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Like unless all 3 scum are on me, scum would just hammer now and win, no reason to faff around. When it was 2-2-1 a similar logic applied, either there are 2 scum or both people on me were scum, and one of those people was TPC who I am townreading.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

saladscooper posted:

i desperately want to hammer maugrim but it would probably be a gamethrow

Didn't stop TPC yesterday.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I guess the stakes were a bit lower yesterday.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

CubicalSucrose posted:

Oh right I did say this and it's later.

If salad is town, D1 was Town v Town.
If TPC is scum, would they rather have binus elim'd, salad elim'd, or neither?

If it's 2 / 8 at end of day that's 2 / 7 after a NK. Vs 2 / 6 if there had been a day-elim. So I guess it doesn't actually change endgame math for scum?

Plus, the two votees would have some heat the next day.

So scum were likely to want to no-elim D1, probably regardless of whether salad is scum or not.

Not super helpful re: salad, but I do think it makes the TPC case stronger. Unless I've hosed up the endgame math.

Now this post made me feel a bit better about Cube, but now I'm reading it closely I'm failing to understand it. No-elim doesn't change the endgame math (correct) therefore scum are likely to want to no-elim? What?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Maugrim posted:

Now this post made me feel a bit better about Cube, but now I'm reading it closely I'm failing to understand it. No-elim doesn't change the endgame math (correct) therefore scum are likely to want to no-elim? What?

A no-elim leaves more mis-elim targets AND results in less info.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Gotcha, yes.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I'm reading as town TPC, Obama, salad. Could be wrong, my meta knowledge of some of you is lacking. 2 scum in Cube, Somber, fool.

People don't want to go cube and I can kind of see why. Can I negotiate a swing to ##vote fos?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Maugrim posted:

I'm reading as town TPC, Obama, salad. Could be wrong, my meta knowledge of some of you is lacking. 2 scum in Cube, Somber, fool.

People don't want to go cube and I can kind of see why. Can I negotiate a swing to ##vote fos?

They told me the devil would be persuasive...

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Maugrim posted:

Like unless all 3 scum are on me, scum would just hammer now and win, no reason to faff around. When it was 2-2-1 a similar logic applied, either there are 2 scum or both people on me were scum, and one of those people was TPC who I am townreading.

You could also be scum and your buddy is hesitating to hammer on you

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I don't think I have anything else to contribute so hammer away if that's my fate.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
"My scum bud should go ahead and hammer me for cred" said maug

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

fool of sound posted:

"My scum bud should go ahead and hammer me for cred" said maug

Hmmm

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Whatever, if maug isn't interested in laying out an actual case on someone else then this day has gone on long enough

##vote maug

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Maugrim is hammered? Oh well, they won't be missed.

Votecount for Day 3
With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 13th, 2024 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 hours.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

With the third course being a very important meat dish - one the patissier is stubbornly insistent will work - the chefs decide to skip over the song about someone's bad decisions coming home to roost.

Maugrim, AKA The Glitch Mob feat. Aja Volkman - Our Demons, TOWN-aligned Vanilla, has been eliminated Day 3!

The Glitch Mob feat. Aja Volkman - Our Demons posted:

Everything you ever did is coming back around

You are Vanilla. Your only power is your vote and your voice!

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

You have 24 hours to get night actions in!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

During the service of the third course, someone snuck back into the kitchen and removed another song from the playlist. Some people just don't appreciate high energy electronic music, it seems.

Tea Party Crasher, AKA GUNSHIP feat. Carpenter Brut & Gavin Rossdale - DooM Dance, TOWN-aligned Vanilla, has been eliminated Night 3!

GUNSHIP feat. Carpenter Brut & Gavin Rossdale - DooM Dance posted:

Take me to the place where we live forever

You are Vanilla. Your only power is your vote and your voice!

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Day 4 begins now!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (5): CubicalSucrose, fool of sound, ObamaAkbar., saladscooper, Somberbrero

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 16th, 2024 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
It's Obama/Salad. I will not be voting anywhere but one of them.