Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Be AEW Champion?
This poll is closed.
Jericho 101 40.24%
Hang Man 91 36.25%
Omega 10 3.98%
Mox 49 19.52%
Total: 251 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I feel like a lot of LGBT+ wrestlers are pretty green right now due to the fact that for a large part of its history it was a pretty homophobic institution. It's really exciting to see so many performers coming out so early in their careers and I'm really looking forward to seeing them grow as performers (go Mike Parrow)

Nyla looked good in Marvelous but was working under probably the best trainer in the world in Chigusa Nagayo.

Speaking of Parrow, he and Odinson are challenging Violent Giants for the AJPW tag titles tomorrow and that should be a very good match!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

Pretty hype for AEW later and being excited about wrestling owns.

Yeah it's really weird to be actually looking forward to events again. It's been a very long time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah it's really weird to be actually looking forward to events again. It's been a very long time.

New Japan kept me going but it is a thrill to have bigtime North American wrestling that is actually exciting and something to look forward to again.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Wasn't a fan of Nyla's performance at Double Or Nothing.

But that four-way match was one of the matches that was a disaster when they rehearsed it and it had a lot of moving parts. Ultimately it turned out more than fine when the cameras were rolling. Was amused at Baker and Kylie seemingly in self-preservation mode paired off for most of the match.

Hope she improves and gets better as obviously, it will annoy the right people.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Jerusalem posted:

New Japan kept me going but it is a thrill to have bigtime North American wrestling that is actually exciting and something to look forward to again.

I got into NJPW because of Kenny and I'm actually more excited about it now after the AEW exodus, so even if AEW fails I feel like things have gotten better in the industry.

Still wondering how AEW is going to do a weekly show because they have a strange mix of talent at the moment. A large part of that is viewing it through the lens of the only wrestling I really know, ie. "how would WWE/WCW book Jungle Boy vs Sonny Kiss" and it terrifies me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hell yeah

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1144827074055737345

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

I think Nyla is being pushed a bit too hard for how green she is and it might backfire a bit, I think they're being very hopeful that she'll rise to it and it might end up hurting her career in comparison to having waited until she didn't look out of her depth, hopefully their very hopeful hope is true tho

edit: also her ring gear sucks and looks really cheap and uncoordinated and they should fix that asap

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

brian posted:

I think Nyla is being pushed a bit too hard for how green she is and it might backfire a bit, I think they're being very hopeful that she'll rise to it and it might end up hurting her career in comparison to having waited until she didn't look out of her depth, hopefully their very hopeful hope is true tho

edit: also her ring gear sucks and looks really cheap and uncoordinated and they should fix that asap

she needs to increase the kerning on her initials on her gear because as it is the N looks like a M

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

these guys are gonna be the best tag champs

the x-pac and kane of our generation

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I'm so excited for the October return of the best wrestlers doing sub 10 minute TV matches. Oh also random tag matches, TV wrestling is so good.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
how many lovely hot takes are we going to hear about the Nakazawa deathmatch

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

how many lovely hot takes are we going to hear about the Nakazawa deathmatch

How many sad creatures will tag jim cornette in gifs of it on Twitter?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

How many sad creatures will tag jim cornette in gifs of it on Twitter?

With any luck, enough to make his head literally explode.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I have a stupid question: how early should I get to the venue for the show tonight?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The only drawback to Fyter Fest is that we're not getting the main event we were promised last year:

Ibushi v Daryl.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pinwiz11 posted:

The only drawback to Fyter Fest is that we're not getting the main event we were promised last year:

Ibushi v Daryl.

I think we all know that Daryl would squash Ibushi in like 30 seconds.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
No prediction game for Fyter Fest?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

Ibushi v Daryl.

Harold saving that for one of the Dome shows

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
People are gonna get way, way too mad about the prelim comedy deathmatch (which will probably get super over in the building whether they like it or not)

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I heard the main event of Fyter Fest is just going to be the Elite trying to beat Lil Majin’s King for thirty minutes.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1144993169211383808

https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1144994775352991750

lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i appreciate them going all in on the gimmick

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I lurk all the wrestling stuff but haven’t really watched anything outside of a few NJPW shows and YouTube highlights for about a decade. That being said I’m buying fyter fest tonight.

It’s nice I have something I can give money to so that WWE may burn.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

This owns.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The fact they're taking the joke this far is ridiculous and I love it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The first tweet I thought was serious until halfway through, then thought it was some heel tweeting heel things. Having it be Page makes it so much better.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I like how BTE and AEW exist in a parallel universes where they can have this weird bit going on online, but not during the actual show itself.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I'm a fan of buffetweights, are there any "big boy" wrasslers of note on Fyter Fest tonight or is this a division AEW will have to shore up before October?

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

I'm a fan of buffetweights, are there any "big boy" wrasslers of note on Fyter Fest tonight or is this a division AEW will have to shore up before October?

Buffetweight's is an awesome term lol.

Nah, I don't think there are any big boys on the card tonight. Although if you watch the G1 Bad Luck Fale is in one of the blocks.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

Nah, I don't think there are any big boys on the card tonight. Although if you watch the G1 Bad Luck Fale is in one of the blocks.

I stole it from a graps poster here ages ago, but it is Very Good

And thanks Ishii (it's cool that you also post on SomethingAwful with the rest of us goons lol) I like Fale more than most people seem to but we truly do need a big boy renaissance now more than ever if he's our best bet

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Bigass Moth posted:

WWE is KISS pinball (bad)

AEW is Guns n’ Roses pinball (good)

AEW is actually Future Spa pinball, and Super Ownz

https://youtu.be/Cgx85BBMH3w

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hangman page is on the card.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Will Fyter Fest have the preshow on BR Live? I don’t see one on the app.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fart blood posted:

Will Fyter Fest have the preshow on BR Live? I don’t see one on the app.

I think so but it's also going to be on Youtube @AllEliteWrestling

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

So what kind of horrible thing is Darby going to do to himself tonight?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Beer_Suitcase posted:

So what kind of horrible thing is Darby going to do to himself tonight?

Wrestle Cody lmao

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

I stole it from a graps poster here ages ago, but it is Very Good

And thanks Ishii (it's cool that you also post on SomethingAwful with the rest of us goons lol) I like Fale more than most people seem to but we truly do need a big boy renaissance now more than ever if he's our best bet

Ace Romero was in the battle royale at Double or Nothing, they might bring him back at some point.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rarity posted:

The fact they're taking the joke this far is ridiculous and I love it

This is going to end with someone ordered to suck dick, right?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

Jeff Cobb is in the G1 as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Draxion posted:

Ace Romero was in the battle royale at Double or Nothing, they might bring him back at some point.

his MLW deal makes using him kinda dicey unless they're cool with him appearing on their tv, especially with Bein losing homes this past month