Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Zeromus posted:

He also spent dozens of pages(I just made this number up to get my point across) blaming Ukraine for Russia attacking its energy infrastructure. It was all Ukraines fault.

I don’t think I did that? I definitely called Coolguys a racist but I don’t remember doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

Gripweed posted:

I don’t think I did that?

It wasn't important to his point, so maybe he just made up a thing that had been done. I'm sure you've done something else at some point, so his point still stands.

Zeromus
Dec 11, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I don’t think I did that? I definitely called Coolguys a racist but I don’t remember doing that.

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Zeromus posted:

No I really don’t remember blaming Ukraine for Russia attacking its energy infrastructure. I may have made some other point that was misconstrued, but I don’t think I said the thing Zeromus said I said.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Zeromus posted:

he is

like i seriously went through the trouble of taking him to task over the course of a full page to answer this precise question

gripweed is a constant faucet of white noise and bad faith, and he's entirely unironic about his promotion of both

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Can we just threadban this clown?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
that didn't happen with the last half-dozen bad faith tankies that have done determined drive-bys so i wouldn't hold your breath.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
Gripweed is seriously one of those "Russia invaded due to existential threat of NATO Expansion!!!" dumbasses.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'm going to invade Russia IRL :twisted:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

(sigh) ah gripweed not again

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I do want to be clear, I am not a tankie, and I do not post in bad faith. My opinions are my own, even if I am often attacked for them.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Coolguye posted:

that didn't happen with the last half-dozen bad faith tankies that have done determined drive-bys so i wouldn't hold your breath.

“No way to prevent this” says only thread where this regularly happens

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

mmj posted:

Unfortunately, not the only thread.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Gripweed posted:

I do want to be clear, I am not a tankie, and I do not post in bad faith. My opinions are my own, even if I am often attacked for them.

Every time I see you post in this thread it's around information mostly just based on like, feelings or something. You need to bring something with more tangible accuracy if you don't want people to clown on you because otherwise you just look like you're either a useful idiot or a troll.

Also we literally just threadbanned someone yesterday so the rest of y'all don't act like this is the wild west

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

mmj posted:

And the only thread where the rules state that these need to be addressed at face value, and nothing else. Gripweed's comments provide an insight into how other people think and feel about this conflict, and this is all what I am going to say about comparison of how Ukraine and Russia decide on their bombing campaigns.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Gripweed posted:

You can be a tankie and have your own opinions. It is just likely that they'd be incredibly stupid. You know, like trying to conflate attacking civilians directly and attacking wartime industry.

Or claiming that Russians got ten times further into Ukrainian territory to justify whatever the hell you're going on about.

Or making GBS threads on Ukraine for accepting assistance to fight off an invading army (strangely, they have no such concerns about Russia not 'getting up to good stuff' with the weapons they are receiving) because 'you can't know they'll only get up to good stuff' if Russia decided not to stop genociding them because Ukraine received assistance.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 18, 2024

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Toxic Mental posted:

Also we literally just threadbanned someone yesterday so the rest of y'all don't act like this is the wild west

The bloodlust has abated...for now.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Kchama posted:

Gripweed is seriously one of those "Russia invaded due to existential threat of NATO Expansion!!!" dumbasses.

The threat of russia being invaded is extremely low, but the FEAR of russia being invaded is extremely high. :rolleyes:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

How does Russia feel about Madame Web?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

How does Russia feel about Madame Web?

Victimised. :emo:

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Just Another Lurker posted:

The threat of russia being invaded is extremely low, but the FEAR of russia being invaded is extremely high. :rolleyes:

You could tell the fear of invasion was very high when the Russian government left just a few units on the NATO borders while invading Ukraine, then stripped those units down further over several years as their overall military power was degraded. Similarly the Kiev and Kherson retreats saw the retreating Russian units immediately shuffled off to the Eastern front, leaving the Russian-Ukrainian border *also* essentially undefended at a time when substantial Ukrainian forces were securing positions just across the border. Because they are clearly afraid of somebody invading them.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Poor old Russia. Throughout the ages they have been the victim of being treated as a hostile country that without provocation attacks their neighboring countries for the sake that they exist, and don't act exactly like they do, or don't always do as they want.

Zeromus
Dec 11, 2004

Coolguye posted:

he is

like i seriously went through the trouble of taking him to task over the course of a full page to answer this precise question

gripweed is a constant faucet of white noise and bad faith, and he's entirely unironic about his promotion of both

Which is why I didn't even bother to go back and quote what he said. I know in the end he'll just dance around the subject and deny what he said as something he actually said.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXzs4dlfN30

Anders Puck Nielsen released a video where the discusses the Kharkiv offensive. His take is that the force is way too small to take Kharkiv and as a buffer zone it's too small to be of much use. The attack might have some value as a fixing action, but at the same time the Russians have to commit resources that could be used elsewhere.

He puts forward a hypothesis that the primary motivation may be the central military district trying to appear relevant. This implies that Gerasimov doesn't have a clear strategy but is instead distributing resources here there to keep his generals happy.

This was really good, thank you.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

They stupidly lured me and hit me, it's not fair :mad:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://x.com/Tendar/status/1791968215683207662
Let's get dangerous.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

https://x.com/sumlenny/status/1791423647103488437?s=46

What air defense doing, x20.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
just gettin buzzbombed nbd

zone
Dec 6, 2016

This gang was crowing very loudly when it was Ukraine suffering under the bombardment of Iranian lawnmower drones, but now when the shoe's on the other foot, it's all "this is a nightmare, help us, save us."

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

zone posted:

This gang was crowing very loudly when it was Ukraine suffering under the bombardment of Iranian lawnmower drones, but now when the shoe's on the other foot, it's all "this is a nightmare, help us, save us."

Maybe they are not familiar with the concept of military targets getting targeted in a war

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

quote:

Russian civilians are angry, but not afraid at all.

How delightful for them. I hope their collective weekend plans are unaffected and the local mafia forgets an entire head of shakedown cabbage at their doorstep.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Perhaps they will be less angry if they went and tried being in their own country and even just pretend to be civil.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Gripweed posted:

I really should have known that. My dad followed professional cycling and he always said European cyclists were lazier than American cyclists because Americans rode for miles and Europeans only rode for kilometers.

Oh my god lmao wtf.

This is a clear troll, come on. No one is this stupid.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Keisari posted:

Oh my god lmao wtf.

This is a clear troll, come on. No one is this stupid.

Bro watch yourself, no one tells me the limits to my stupidity

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Gripweed posted:

My opinions are my own, even if I am often attacked for them.

This would be a pretty good thread title btw. Also, for the small chance that you were serious about the cyclists thing: Your dad was was joking. It was a pretty good joke too tbh.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

The drones are flying one by one, blyat, blyat

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
There's a hole in my air defense, dear Vladimir Vladimirovich, dear Vladimir Vladmirovich

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
all of the ukranian drones were succesfully intercepted by oil refineries

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://x.com/NOELreports/status/1792106477416599623

Always a great way to start your day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016