Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

DeathChicken posted:

There was some Attitude Era match I'm forgetting that had Pat Patterson as timekeeper. I'm sure that one ended in shenanigans.

Over the Edge '98 probably, but that was a gimmick stipulation and the bell did officially ring when Austin physically used McMahon's arm like a puppet to get the win over Dude Love. This is a different kind of situation. I always thought it was weird that a bell never rang to officially end the match that ended The Streak and this extra weirdness tonight makes me wonder if WWE is trying to make an angle out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I remember a bunch of people saying "They won't do two gently caress finishes." :laugh:

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

Zen Dudeism posted:

LMAO WWE can barely remember who they were pushing last month. You're expecting them to remember what they did a year and a half ago, and reference something subtle on top of that?

Brock beating the Streak is the whole reason this matched happened. The fact the bell never rang is a detail most people overlook because it was such a shocking moment, and in reality the guy manning the bell at WM 30 was just as shocked as everyone else and didn't want to lose his job for loving up such a big moment, so the fact it didn't ring probably has legit non-planned or even storyline reasons.

gently caress I don't even know, I'm just :tinfoil: here

e: I just re-watched the end of Taker/Lesnar at WM 30 on the Network and they absolutely added an immediate DING-DING-DING sound effect when Taker gets pinned. It's immediate. That did not happen live, I know because I was in the crowd and we were so goddamn confused until the 21-1 graphic hit the screens and Brock's music played. We didn't know what the gently caress. I'm not sure what to believe anymore :tinfoil:

T3hRen3gade fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 24, 2015

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
That ending really outdid itself. It's like a... What The gently caress Finish.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Amell did a great job in his match, but it was clear he was trained as a stuntman instead of a wrestler. He took his bumps correctly, but didn't get up to feed in the traditional WWE style. He also used and took push-kicks, which are much bigger on TV than in wrestling. (The wrestling equivalent is the Big Boot).

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?
Yeah, I rewatched the Lesnar/Taker match on the replay to see if it made any more sense since I already knew what was coming.

Nope, still retarded. Although there was a slight possibility that the timekeeper could have have seen the tapout through a weird hole created by the positioning of Lesnar & Takers legs. Still sucked poo poo.

Also, YAY! A Takeover replay!

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
I imagine Okada had a good laugh at the end of the Lesnar/Taker match in dat skybox.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Rodney the Piper posted:

drat your black heart jon stewart

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
haha Jon Stewart gets Cena to sign a poster so he can sell it on Ebay then screws him out of the title, heel of the year

I really liked the Brock v Taker match even the gently caress finish which in essence wasnt really a gently caress finish in my opinion, it just sets up a rematch.

and I have to say after Bailey Vs Banks the diva's match was just subpar

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I don't watch wrestling any more because I got fed up with it, but I like to check the results every now and then. It's good and I recommend it.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Frankston posted:

I don't watch wrestling any more because I got fed up with it, but I like to check the results every now and then. It's good and I recommend it.

you should watch nxt takeover if you want to remember why wrestling is fun and good

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Go RV! posted:

you should watch nxt takeover if you want to remember why wrestling is fun and good

if you have ever liked wrestling please do this. NXT (at least the specials) are a revelation.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

VoLaTiLe posted:

I really liked the Brock v Taker match even the gently caress finish which in essence wasnt really a gently caress finish in my opinion, it just sets up a rematch.

Well I mean, when the finish leaves confusion as to who won it's kind of a gently caress finish

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If the ending was actually supposed to be Taker getting the three count while tapping, I wouldn't have hated it near as much. It still would have been dumb, but expectedly dumb and not over the moon retarded.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Howling Man posted:

I imagine Okada had a good laugh at the end of the Lesnar/Taker match in dat skybox.

I want to research the show with a picture-in-picture of Okada and Joe chilling in a skybox. Does anybody know of Nakamura and KUSHIDA joined them?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I like the part where the one wrestleman won, or maybe he didn't!!! It's how you build drama.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Saint Freak posted:

I like the part where the one wrestleman won, or maybe he didn't!!! It's how you build drama.

The bad guy was cool and awesome and fought fairly to the best of his ability, valiantly giving the finger to his opponent, even as he was tapping out.

The good guy tapped out clean, then when his opponent was distracted by the disputed finish, uppercutted him in the nuts and then hosed off after the finish before his opponent could come to.

WHY ARE THEY SO BAD AT THIS?!?

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Aug 24, 2015

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Wazzu posted:

The bad guy was cool and awesome and fought fairly to the best of his ability, valiantly giving the finger to his opponent, even as he was tapping out.

The good guy tapped out clean, then when his opponent was distracted by the disputed finish, kicked him in the nuts and then hosed off after the finish before his opponent could come to.

taker isn't the good guy

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Wazzu posted:

Lesnar didn't tap and also

Blasmeister posted:

taker isn't the good guy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

sportsgenius86 posted:

If the ending was actually supposed to be Taker getting the three count while tapping, I wouldn't have hated it near as much. It still would have been dumb, but expectedly dumb and not over the moon retarded.

It wasn't, until Brock came up with the "pass out while flipping off Taker" spot by himself

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Golden Bee posted:

Amell did a great job in his match, but it was clear he was trained as a stuntman instead of a wrestler. He took his bumps correctly, but didn't get up to feed in the traditional WWE style. He also used and took push-kicks, which are much bigger on TV than in wrestling. (The wrestling equivalent is the Big Boot).

Amell has convinced me that all wrestlers should be trained to do stunts instead of how to wrestle. Norman Smiley, get on that poo poo.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Wazzu posted:

The good guy tapped out clean, then when his opponent was distracted by the disputed finish, uppercutted him in the nuts and then hosed off after the finish before his opponent could come to.

how do you people not understand that Brock is a face and Taker is like a tweener or something

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
Taker has been working heel since he came back.

He stopped monster face Brock Lesnar from valiantly defeating the slimy heel Seth Rollins with a kick to the dick.

He ruined Brock Lesnars emotional homecoming celebration in front of his most loyal fans with a kick to the dick.

He then screws Brock Lesnar, who still has not even once attempted to do anything but defeat Undertaker in a fair fight, with another crushing blow to the junk.

Undertaker being the heel is intentional. It's just a weird direction to take because he'll never get booed by a Texas crowd in a million years

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Shima Honnou posted:

Amell has convinced me that all wrestlers should be trained to do stunts instead of how to wrestle. Norman Smiley, get on that poo poo.

Arrow has an off season!!
*Breaks sugarglass bottle on own head, is fired as my squibs go off*

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

bradzilla posted:

how do you people not understand that Brock is a face and Taker is like a tweener or something

I think people have been drilling it into my head enough.

I just can't accept that they think making Taker a heel is seriously a thing they should do, leading into his last wrestlemania in Texas.

People want to cheer Undertaker!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wazzu posted:

People want to cheer Undertaker!

They will

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that's why the angle works, I think. People wanted to cheer Shawn Michaels when he was screwing with the Undertaker for months desperately seeking a rematch. There's more nuance here than simple black and white heel/face because these are characters with history

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Underrated piece of heeling

Crowd starts chanting WE WANT SASHA *clap clap clapclapclap*
Sasha tags in, audience cheers
Immediately tags out, audience boos

ElRoach0
Aug 2, 2005
Simplicity, in all it's Majesty.

ShootaBoy posted:

Stewart rung the bell I'm calling it.

This makes the most since... sort of.

Taker knew he can't keep up with a much younger beast, so he threw all the dirty plays at him. Time keeper/bell ringer is a huge Taker fan, and didn't want to see him with a broken arm(or was in league with Taker) so he rang the bell prematurely. That gave taker enough time for a page from of Holy book of Ric Flair.

Taker has now... taken.. something from Brock thought unpossible; an old man with a W over the reigning beast.

Monday night comes around; Taker admits It never was about putting Brock down, just about taking the wind from the sails of the U.S.S. Brocktopia

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oatgan posted:

that's why the angle works, I think. People wanted to cheer Shawn Michaels when he was screwing with the Undertaker for months desperately seeking a rematch. There's more nuance here than simple black and white heel/face because these are characters with history

Yeah I was interpreting it as an "undertaker is absolutely desperate to win" thing and not a heel "I cheat because I can" thing

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Alain Post posted:

Yeah I was interpreting it as an "undertaker is absolutely desperate to win" thing and not a heel "I cheat because I can" thing

That sad wide eyed "You're gonna have to kill me" from Taker would point to it.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Alain Post posted:

You're going to be in for a shock next week when Undertaker comes out in a rival sports team jersey and the show closes out with him repeatedly kicking Daniel Bryan in the dick

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Undertaker and Kane should reunite and start doing Five Second Poses during the run-up to Mania 32.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Korelle posted:

You're going to be in for a shock next week when Undertaker comes out in a rival sports team jersey and the show closes out with him repeatedly kicking Daniel Bryan in the dick

I'm waiting for Taker to cut a YOU PEOPLE promo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Alain Post posted:

The fact that the dick punch only happened after he had brief reprieve from a second loss reinforces that.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Undertaker is weirdly obsessed with hitting dicks lately.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He just misses my favorite wrestler Goldust.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
20 years ago I thought taker was lame as gently caress and time has stayed still in that regard.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i am glad the taker/lesnar feud is alive in well. i want them to do a segment where paul heyman buries brock in a graveyard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
so the time keeper, who has never called a match on his own in 50+ years of wrestling, calls the ending of the match based on something he couldn't possibly have seen.

guys, i think you're overlooking the obvious buildup to the tag team of undertaker + referee who was upset the timekeeper rang the bell vs. brock lesnar + the timekeeper.

i would make sure this headlines wrestlemania

• Locked thread