Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Bit of vintage GWSG here with my first Man-o-War fleet ready for painting - I haven't got it to the table yet but the Facebook group seems lovely and welcoming and basically everything is available:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Lovely small ships. God, I wish they would remake Battlefleet Gothic.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Man o war is pretty popular still, alot of old blokes playing it in the oldhammer groups. Printing sails etc really helps.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
MoW is fun, but by God, it's not a good game, especially if you use any of the fleets outside of the core game. Plague Fleet was even admitted to have been released with zero playtesting.

I know there's a good game in there somewhere, and I really wish GW would make it. I know Armada is out there, and I've got a bunch of stuff for it, but I haven't played it yet. It just doesn't quite scratch that "Old World" itch visually though

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 13:25 on May 12, 2024

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Southern Heel posted:

Bit of vintage GWSG here with my first Man-o-War fleet ready for painting - I haven't got it to the table yet but the Facebook group seems lovely and welcoming and basically everything is available:

Holy poo poo where are those prints from

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Angry Lobster posted:

Lovely small ships. God, I wish they would remake Battlefleet Gothic.

Can't you just play the legacy version? Incidentally I hear that Void Admiral fits that bill as a modern rewrite: https://www.wargamevault.com/product/470062/Void-Admiral?src=also_purchased I haven't watched the GMG review yet though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsIhlKV95K4

Crackbone posted:

Holy poo poo where are those prints from

Plague Fleet on Cults3D - there's also a Dark Elf fleet which I have availed myself of too.

Kharnifex posted:

Man o war is pretty popular still, alot of old blokes playing it in the oldhammer groups. Printing sails etc really helps.

If I'm not already talking to you on the Bedroom Battlefields Discord, you have a twin.

berzerkmonkey posted:

MoW is fun, but by God, it's not a good game, especially if you use any of the fleets outside of the core game. Plague Fleet was even admitted to have been released with zero playtesting.

I know there's a good game in there somewhere, and I really wish GW would make it. I know Armada is out there, and I've got a bunch of stuff for it, but I haven't played it yet. It just doesn't quite scratch that "Old World" itch visually though

Having chased the dragon of perfectly balanced, detailed and interesting rules and ending up in a very dull hex and counter cul-de-sac, I think I'm happy with it being a silly fun game rather than anything serious. My primary rank-and-flank fantasy game at the moment is WHFB 3rd/4th Edition
and I'm playing a Rogue-Trader rewrite by Ivan Sorensen called Rogue Scout as my main skirmish sci-fi game - so maybe my attitude is not typical?

Southern Heel fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 12, 2024

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Second KT game went smoother, GSC versus Legionaries (again). Legionaries won on points, but it came down to one model on each side in the end. Apparently the game "plays a lot like Wasteland Warfare", which... hopefully helps recruit, since we have WW players? Who knows.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I’ve almost finished my 4th Zone Mortalis tile for Necromunda, and I’m so tired.

5 to go, my goal for this year was/is to have a full 9 tile table.

It’s weird working on a project I’ve got mapped out until… October? And actually doing it. Most of the previous army attempts I’d have given up by now.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Southern Heel posted:

My primary rank-and-flank fantasy game at the moment is WHFB 3rd/4th Edition
Have you tried TOW yet? It really seems like a great successor to 6/7th (obviously a bit later than 3/4.)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Southern Heel posted:

My primary rank-and-flank fantasy game at the moment is WHFB 3rd/4th Edition

conquest is extremely good btw

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

berzerkmonkey posted:

Have you tried TOW yet? It really seems like a great successor to 6/7th (obviously a bit later than 3/4.)

Does it have a giant green Foot of Gork spell template and/or random Chaos Mutation tables?

Cease to Hope posted:

conquest is extremely good btw

The figures look absolutely amazing but my gaming space is a 3x3' table on which I use exclusively >= 10mm figures, so the rule system has to stand on its own feet and I think (!) that if I'm moving away from nostalgia-bait oldhammer then the ruleset has to be pretty drat good. I've tried Mayhem (no good) and Dragon Rampant (fun but unrewarding activation mechanics when playing solo) and I have the rules PDF for Hobgoblin to try out.

Here's a recent game of 4e:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Southern Heel posted:

Does it have a giant green Foot of Gork spell template and/or random Chaos Mutation tables?

The figures look absolutely amazing but my gaming space is a 3x3' table on which I use exclusively >= 10mm figures, so the rule system has to stand on its own feet and I think (!) that if I'm moving away from nostalgia-bait oldhammer then the ruleset has to be pretty drat good. I've tried Mayhem (no good) and Dragon Rampant (fun but unrewarding activation mechanics when playing solo) and I have the rules PDF for Hobgoblin to try out.

TOW does have random chaos mutation tables! you can roll on them every turn for chaos champions if you don't mind the risk of stupidity. foot of gork does not have a foot template but it is a giant field of stomping feet that moves like a night goblin fanatic and that's pretty funny.

conquest, like warhammer, is really focused on using their models at their scale so it may not be for you. the rules are great though.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

SkyeAuroline posted:

Second KT game went smoother, GSC versus Legionaries (again). Legionaries won on points, but it came down to one model on each side in the end. Apparently the game "plays a lot like Wasteland Warfare", which... hopefully helps recruit, since we have WW players? Who knows.

I do actually have one KT question that I have to be misunderstanding somehow, because my Aspiring Champion and Butcher are proving to not be pleasant to play against. (In two activations with "fight twice" and "dash after fight" ploys active, they got a combined 5 kills against GSC, which... is a lot, to say the least. Butcher killed two in melee, AC got two in melee and used the free action to plasma pistol a third.)
If the attacker goes first, and rolls at least one hit that does enough damage to kill the defending model... there's nothing at all that the defending model can do to survive that hit, is there? Outside of any special abilities like the Shrivetalon's "defender goes first" or the one Corsair model's "parry first", at least. The first hit gets applied as an attack, pastes them in one go, and there's zero defense, no saves, nothing? Because that's how (so far) four of us have interpreted it, and while it makes melee models with high damage weapons really effective... it's definitely not fun for the other side to get no interaction with the roll. Just baffled that it's designed this way.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

That is correct but, absent models that have already taken damage, it only happens if a high damage model rolls a crit into a flimsy one. A demonic superhuman with a giant axe can plow through any number of frail baseline humans as long as he doesn't get unlucky, but I don't think most teams have access to two different 7+ crit damage melee models (never mind khorne) and it's a specific disadvantage for 7 wound teams that tend to have very high activations. Plus you can get a similar situation in reverse with AP2 weapons- hell a really nice plasma roll can practically one shot a legionary without a crit save (or nurgle- part of the reason you take nurgle)

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

You interact with the butcher by not clumping up your models, baiting him out of cover and shooting him to death. He's pretty terrible at taking a charge too, and is quite capable of missing every drat hit when doesn't get his sweet charge bonuses. If 7 wound models are all standing about in Perpetual Aggression range of each other that's a lesson. They need to learn not to do that.

Bug Squash fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 13, 2024

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The game in general is very high lethality when players know how to use the tools their team has. Melee being a big threat is important for balance, especially across map styles (Into the Dark vs open maps).

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Instant death in melee is also an amazing tool to pop out when an enemy is just wounded as well. A basic guardsman has a 7/8 chance of just straight up killing a model on 2 wounds just by putting through a single hit. A standard dog has an 11" threat range to just insta gib a dude on three wounds, going round cover and climbing walls to catch someone that thought they were safe. Leader's plasma pistol didn't quite kill someone? No worries, that's still a free kill for them.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Bottom Liner posted:

The game in general is very high lethality when players know how to use the tools their team has. Melee being a big threat is important for balance, especially across map styles (Into the Dark vs open maps).

Yeah and this is especially true for 7w guardsmen equivalent teams- like a boltgun will just splat a guardsman in one shot half the time

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Man O War, it's so silly :

The Doomreavers (top-right squadron) are drakes lashed up with floating castles atop and can be frenzied in combat instead of a normal process – the first drake rips the sails and paddles off a nurgle ship, the second is goaded into a frenzy, crippling the centre nurgle plaguecrusher and then plunging into the depths.

The third Doomreaver goes mad and attacks the Black Ark in a typical ‘exception to the exception’ example of the early 90’s board design – the drake-hauled ships of the Dark Elves can either board as normal or make a Frenzy attack, it does so and rips the sails and paddle wheels off the nearest Plaguecrusher.

A second round of frenzied attacks was less helpful, with the drakes refusing to attack. Though the Black Ark was able to push through the Plaguecrushers, it was too little damage caused – and with the early loss of the Deathfortress, the Dark Elves were focused down upon and beaten to a pulp.

The game was fun – there were items to track off-table and indeed this took up four separate sheets of A4 paper – but it was quick and easy to manage. I think the Esoteric Order of Gamers Playing-Card Sized Ship Templates would make this a lot easier and I’m planning to get them printed and sleeved up soon.

I have recently found a few different sets of rules for Space Combat which I’m looking to try again too, so I’m not sure when I’ll get MoW back to the table but I’m really glad that I did – it was an itch that needed scratching.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

I know Man O' War is bad and dumb and peak 90's Britanniatrash, I still want it

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

SkyeAuroline posted:

If the attacker goes first, and rolls at least one hit that does enough damage to kill the defending model... there's nothing at all that the defending model can do to survive that hit, is there?

those guys were dead when you put them within 9" of the butcher/chosen. that's fine, you want to 1:1 legionaries, but putting more guys in reach of the khorne strat was a mistake. don't let your opponent get big daisy-chains when they're playing khorne legionaries (or fellgors or BOK or nem claw or anyone else who can do that).

the way to beat melee units like that with a 7W team is to dangle some poor bastard in a position where diving melee immediately eat a countercharge/hot plasma death/dogpile/tarpit. a heavy melee team has to make the move sometime and your goal is to leave the attacker isolated in a position for convenient dick-kicking/cloaca-crushing/spore-stomping.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Crackbone posted:

I know Man O' War is bad and dumb and peak 90's Britanniatrash, I still want it

Well you’re in luck because you can get the entire complete game rules, all the articles and errata, etc. via the links on this yt video

https://youtu.be/l2ESjnZKqzE?si=kJbZuYWHEevsqXrL

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Speaking of old dead games that only collectors are interested in, a copy of Realm of Chaos for Warhammer Fantasy 5e went up for sale near me recently, but I don't know if there's actually anything in it that's worthwhile. I figure the internet has PDFs of the books and tokens and cards if I really, really wanted to play 5e Warhammer with a Chaos army, but it's still an interesting piece of history I suppose. Is there anything in the box that's particularly unique to that era of Warhammer? Is the lore in the Chaos book interesting or just a redux of information in other sources (I have the Battle Book from the 5e starter set for instance)?

The asking price isn't outrageous, but I think I want it more because it's 5e and not because it's actually useful to me.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

If you're not playing 5th edition Chaos, probably leave it for someone who is. I don't think there's anything super interesting there, but someone is probably dying to find it.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

moths posted:

If you're not playing 5th edition Chaos, probably leave it for someone who is. I don't think there's anything super interesting there, but someone is probably dying to find it.

In Thailand, the odds of someone who is not me playing 5th Edition anything are basically non-existent, but I'll probably pass on it since I'm not super excited about it and there might be someone who is just dying to have it as you say.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh jeez, yeah maybe you are the best customer for that product then.

It's primarily play-aids and counters and junk. The book might be cool to have, but you can almost certainly find it by itself for less than the box.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

SkyeAuroline posted:

I do actually have one KT question that I have to be misunderstanding somehow, because my Aspiring Champion and Butcher are proving to not be pleasant to play against. (In two activations with "fight twice" and "dash after fight" ploys active, they got a combined 5 kills against GSC, which... is a lot, to say the least. Butcher killed two in melee, AC got two in melee and used the free action to plasma pistol a third.)
If the attacker goes first, and rolls at least one hit that does enough damage to kill the defending model... there's nothing at all that the defending model can do to survive that hit, is there? Outside of any special abilities like the Shrivetalon's "defender goes first" or the one Corsair model's "parry first", at least. The first hit gets applied as an attack, pastes them in one go, and there's zero defense, no saves, nothing? Because that's how (so far) four of us have interpreted it, and while it makes melee models with high damage weapons really effective... it's definitely not fun for the other side to get no interaction with the roll. Just baffled that it's designed this way.

Everyone else covered the difference between "can't interact" and "didn't interact" well, so all I have to add to soothe the GSC player is that there was a small rules error made. Legionaries can only shoot twice or fight twice with the [attack] twice ploys if they don't do the other form of [attack]. So the Champion was allowed to Fight-kill two guys but having done that he was not permitted to Shoot-kill the third guy.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

SuperKlaus posted:

Everyone else covered the difference between "can't interact" and "didn't interact" well, so all I have to add to soothe the GSC player is that there was a small rules error made. Legionaries can only shoot twice or fight twice with the [attack] twice ploys if they don't do the other form of [attack]. So the Champion was allowed to Fight-kill two guys but having done that he was not permitted to Shoot-kill the third guy.

Good to know. That was my mistake. I had seen it mentioned before as a possibility when reading and evidently the person who wrote that made the same mistake I did (of "not reading closely enough" - there's no excuse really, it's clear looking at it again). There were several questions around what's allowed within an activation in what order where the rules weren't super clear, so that's probably what influenced it.

I was mostly concerned because everyone involved is brand new to the current KT editiom (these two games are the only games I've had, with our shop owner as bystander for the GSC game trying to help interpret; neither he nor my opponents had played at all). It's not exactly giving the best demonstration of the system to suddenly get a bunch of guys rolled without being able to save or swing back, and I didn't realize how nasty he was going to be for a new player. I've been careful to say up front "this guy hits really hard in melee, you want to shoot him" when going over the models I'm bringing, but it's not exactly like I've been against any teams with plasma guns or something. I had to convince the Novitiates guy to take the plasma pistol on his Superior, and GSC of course just don't have it (as far as I can tell).

Part of the problem is that I'm giving people the rules days in advance to look over, they say they will, and they just... don't, and barely read them when they're actively playing. Not able to get any double checking on interpretations unless I ask for it. Part of trying to onboard people for a new game, I guess.

Once the Kommandos I'm working on are done, hopefully that will be a... marginally fairer starter opponent? Hopefully? They have some obvious bullshit they can do but none of it is on quite the same level for someone who hasn't played to try and anticipate.

First model of the Kommandos done yesterday, for those who don't follow the mini painting thread:

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 14, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

SkyeAuroline posted:

Good to know. That was my mistake. I had seen it mentioned before as a possibility when reading and evidently the person who wrote that made the same mistake I did (of "not reading closely enough" - there's no excuse really, it's clear looking at it again). There were several questions around what's allowed within an activation in what order where the rules weren't super clear, so that's probably what influenced it.

I was mostly concerned because everyone involved is brand new to the current KT editiom (these two games are the only games I've had, with our shop owner as bystander for the GSC game trying to help interpret; neither he nor my opponents had played at all). It's not exactly giving the best demonstration of the system to suddenly get a bunch of guys rolled without being able to save or swing back, and I didn't realize how nasty he was going to be for a new player. I've been careful to say up front "this guy hits really hard in melee, you want to shoot him" when going over the models I'm bringing, but it's not exactly like I've been against any teams with plasma guns or something. I had to convince the Novitiates guy to take the plasma pistol on his Superior, and GSC of course just don't have it (as far as I can tell).

Part of the problem is that I'm giving people the rules days in advance to look over, they say they will, and they just... don't, and barely read them when they're actively playing. Not able to get any double checking on interpretations unless I ask for it. Part of trying to onboard people for a new game, I guess.

Once the Kommandos I'm working on are done, hopefully that will be a... marginally fairer starter opponent? Hopefully? They have some obvious bullshit they can do but none of it is on quite the same level for someone who hasn't played to try and anticipate.

First model of the Kommandos done yesterday, for those who don't follow the mini painting thread:

Holy poo poo this rules

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

The GSC have quite a few options for AP1 and P1 (boosted by having plenty of rerolls to crit-fish with). Their sniper will also dish out plenty of mortal wounds which bypass armour. Not to mention the Kellarmorph is capable of just putting out lethal damaged just by sheer number of attacks. They also have quite a fair number of operatives that can probably charge a Butcher and come out on top by parrying him out (he fights like crap if he doesn't charge and that is why the Shrivetalon is generally the better unit for combat.

Normally this match up would favour the GSC, but none of that is going to matter if the other player is disengaged and has no idea how take advantage of his team.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well, the Butcher against a 7 HP target is a bit on the extreme side, but KT melee do be like that. There are many melee match-ups where a plausible result is "I Parry your only success, then smack you around for [remaining dice] and kill," an outcome indistinguishable from "I rolled a crit so you're dead."

(Funnily enough, as the poster above me says, the Butcher himself is an example when he gets charged by a competent melee fighter - hitting on 4+ means he's alarmingly likely to get effortlessly murked by, say, any sword-swinging Eldar)

Know that Kommandos have Just a Scratch. It could easily lead to situations of "I melee hit you, you hit me but I ignore it for a Command Point, I hit you to death," which might go over about as well as the Butcher (if the resource cost limitations aren't accepted as a form of decision-making open to counterplay). That's the preferred way to use JaS, even.

If the players don't gel with wider concepts of interaction and counterplay they will probably just bounce off the game.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Going back to Epic scale proxies, I just got my package from BitGloomMinis on Etsy. I am now the proud owner of a reinforced mechanized company of Gaunt's Ghosts in 6mm. I can't get decent pics of black resin 6mm figures, but the infantry and the Chimeras look good.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1487180455/epic-40k-scale-celtic-stealth-warriors

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Southern Heel posted:

Those look great! I'm always a little put off age of sail typed games, purely because I absolutely know I wouldn't do a good job with the fiddly sails and rigging. But drat, that kind of model makes it tempting! Looks real good, SH

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/18/warhammer-preview-plunder-the-haunted-depths-of-necromunda-hive-secundus/

Ok I'm, hyped for Secundus, gonna get the necromunda box, what can I expect out of necromunda in general? is it like kill team? is this going to be compatible with the other factions?

How does terrain work in this? it seems like it's a space-hulk style grid pattern, or is it like any 40k terrain compatible?

Also notice the flame template. hell loving yes.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Halfway through the team, so here's the Kommandos so far. Still need to figure out a team name eventually.

And the grot above.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

They look great- I really like the “Bashin’ City Boyz” suggestion

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I love the new hosed up genestealers. It's also nice to see them revisiting spyrers. They've always been a fan favorite and modern sculpts will do them a lot of good. Looks like they might be making them an elite addition to standard gangs rather than their own thing, at least to start with. There are still thee more varieties to come, plus the old patriarch and matriarch if they go that route.

Al-Saqr posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/18/warhammer-preview-plunder-the-haunted-depths-of-necromunda-hive-secundus/

Ok I'm, hyped for Secundus, gonna get the necromunda box, what can I expect out of necromunda in general? is it like kill team? is this going to be compatible with the other factions?

How does terrain work in this? it seems like it's a space-hulk style grid pattern, or is it like any 40k terrain compatible?

Also notice the flame template. hell loving yes.
Necromunda is... not like kill team really. Rather than elite squads you're basically playing gutter trash fighting over scrap and muck.

It's still a skirmish game and your gangs are going to be 7-10 models to start, but it's a completely different ruleset. Models are more fragile than you'd be used to from KT. Most have one wound and a 5+ or 6+ armor save in a game where multi-damage weapons aren't uncommon. Like a bolter just blasts regular dudes to pieces. However, going down doesn't mean a model is dead. They can stand back up with a flesh wound and continue fighting. There are also lasting injuries that carry from game to game. Similarly, models gain XP, skills, and your leaders and champions can swap wargear around between battles. There's a lot of wargear to choose from. Each gang has their own list and there's also a trading post every gang can access.

It's a throwback specialist game meant for campaign play and there is way too much content out there for it. There are multiple campaigns available, each meant to represent something different. It's a hobbyist's game through and through. To the point where it can be daunting to get into. If you're interested just grab the core rulebook, your gang's book, and a box and you're good to go. It has a deceptively low barrier to entry, but soon enough you'll be buying more gangers, terrain, and various miscellaneous weirdos. There are so many weirdos.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

I love the new hosed up genestealers. It's also nice to see them revisiting spyrers. They've always been a fan favorite and modern sculpts will do them a lot of good. Looks like they might be making them an elite addition to standard gangs rather than their own thing, at least to start with. There are still thee more varieties to come, plus the old patriarch and matriarch if they go that route.

Necromunda is... not like kill team really. Rather than elite squads you're basically playing gutter trash fighting over scrap and muck.

It's still a skirmish game and your gangs are going to be 7-10 models to start, but it's a completely different ruleset. Models are more fragile than you'd be used to from KT. Most have one wound and a 5+ or 6+ armor save in a game where multi-damage weapons aren't uncommon. Like a bolter just blasts regular dudes to pieces. However, going down doesn't mean a model is dead. They can stand back up with a flesh wound and continue fighting. There are also lasting injuries that carry from game to game. Similarly, models gain XP, skills, and your leaders and champions can swap wargear around between battles. There's a lot of wargear to choose from. Each gang has their own list and there's also a trading post every gang can access.

It's a throwback specialist game meant for campaign play and there is way too much content out there for it. There are multiple campaigns available, each meant to represent something different. It's a hobbyist's game through and through. To the point where it can be daunting to get into. If you're interested just grab the core rulebook, your gang's book, and a box and you're good to go. It has a deceptively low barrier to entry, but soon enough you'll be buying more gangers, terrain, and various miscellaneous weirdos. There are so many weirdos.

Thanks man for this explanation.

Fundamentally though is it a fun game? How long is it compared to combat patrol? Is it easy or hard to understand to play?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

To add to this, a big open board map like that is probably nowhere near what you want for Necromunda. It wants a lot of dense terrain and verticality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

To add to this, a big open board map like that is probably nowhere near what you want for Necromunda. It wants a lot of dense terrain and verticality.

Whats the problem with the board map in the secundus box?

I have a full boarding action terrain, i guess that could add alot of density. Is it a grid layout game?