Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Ninjasaurus posted:

Jesus Christ

As a librarian who takes great professional interest and pride in digital preservation, I need to say: loving hell.

Edit: US Politics December - This poo poo's Going on Your Permanent Record

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 2, 2014

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

uncurable mlady posted:

Good question. Nothing ever dies on the Internet, though.

Remember, SA is being placed in the Library of Congress! http://blogs.loc.gov/folklife/2014/06/getting-serious-about-collecting-and-preserving-digital-culture/

"All your shitposts are belong to Library of Congress." :hurr:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Man just wait until they get into FYAD.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
It's a little hypocritical of me, but I'm not going to pretend I won't laugh when a future campaign is brought down by old Equestria Daily posts archived in the Library of Congress.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Man just wait until they get into FYAD.

No one is going to be able or have the inclination to parse the difference between regular ol' shitposting and "ironic" shitposting.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
"plato, aristotle, my imaginary GF, these are the key thinkers in the history of the western tradition" - the future

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Joementum posted:

It's a little hypocritical of me, but I'm not going to pretend I won't laugh when a future campaign is brought down by old Equestria Daily posts archived in the Library of Congress.

Fursecution may one day be real :furcry:

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

Jagchosis posted:

"plato, aristotle, my imaginary GF, these are the key thinkers in the history of the western tradition" - the future

Jesus Christ

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ninjasaurus posted:

No one is going to be able or have the inclination to parse the difference between regular ol' shitposting and "ironic" shitposting.

Not even the people who were doing the posting. Looking back at my fyad days, even in the context of whole threads most of it is meaningless noise outside the moment it is posted.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Can't explain why, but my money's on a Neopets forum.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

ReidRansom posted:

Not even the people who were doing the posting. Looking back at my fyad days, even in the context of whole threads most of it is meaningless noise outside the moment it is posted.

And yet it's considered the height of goon humor.

Makes you think.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Jagchosis posted:

I can't tell if you're complimenting me for being ahead of my time, or insulting me by association with those Greeks

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

comes along bort posted:

Can't explain why, but my money's on a Neopets forum.

"Mr. Chagen46, is it true that you claimed to have a diaper fetish on the TVTropes forums"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

"Mr. Chagen46, is it true that you claimed to have a diaper fetish on the TVTropes forums"

Senator and future Governor Vitter is testament that voters won't care about that. So I guess there's hope for everyone! :unsmith:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
just wanna give a shout out to my homies in the year 3000: gently caress you assholes its not a new millennium until 3001.

e: oh and if any of my posts/opinions violate one of your future norms: blow me

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 2, 2014

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The internet has just made it easier for people to accidentally show their skeletons, which of course is a lot more of a hamper for the Republicans as any step outside the party line results in :commissar:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Just on numbers alone, it's likely to come from Gaia Online, but I have no idea what goes on over there so I don't know if it's particularly embarrassing beyond being some sort of anime gaming roleplay forum or whatever the gently caress it is, so I don't know if that alone is enough to be a political scarlet letter.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

ReidRansom posted:

Just on numbers alone, it's likely to come from Gaia Online, but I have no idea what goes on over there so I don't know if it's particularly embarrassing beyond being some sort of anime gaming roleplay forum or whatever the gently caress it is, so I don't know if that alone is enough to be a political scarlet letter.

Real solid thesis. Solid.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ReidRansom posted:

Considering we have already had a presidential candidate quote Pokemon at a debate, I look forward candidates criticizing each others taste in anime.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

disheveled posted:

Real solid thesis. Solid.

Yeah I'm basically just posting whatever at this point. If someone is gonna take me down, I'm making them wade through rivers of poo poo to do it.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

I dunno, I'd say the Ultimate Hustler thread definitely belongs in a museum.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Alexzandvar posted:

Considering we have already had a presidential candidate quote Pokemon at a debate, I look forward candidates criticizing each others taste in anime.

Reminder that in 2012 one Maine candidate attacked another for playing a rogue in WoW

Anyways 265 posts to get caught up on, I'll assume it was MIGF and/or Amergin rather than anything interesting. Do we have a good December thread title or should I just go with US Politics December - Imagine a pig making GBS threads on its own balls, forever

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I dunno, I'd say the Ultimate Hustler thread definitely belongs in a museum.

Goons As Disney Characters and the LF Let's Watch Die Hard remain the pinnacle of anything that has ever appeared on this site

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
US Politics December - The Obamacare of the Internet

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm partial to this one given Obama's recent executive actions. US Politics December - The IslamoFacist Empire Strikes Back

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Alexzandvar posted:

I'm partial to this one given Obama's recent executive actions. US Politics December - The IslamoFacist Empire Strikes Back

US Politics December - The Black Empire Strikes Back

E:

Alternatively,

US Politics December - Black Stormtroopers Killed the Republic

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 2, 2014

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

Fried Chicken posted:

Anyways 265 posts to get caught up on, I'll assume it was MIGF and/or Amergin rather than anything interesting.

Both, so don't bother (or do, if you're into that sort of thing).

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Joementum posted:

Senator and future Governor Vitter is testament that voters won't care about that. So I guess there's hope for everyone! :unsmith:

Truly this is the worst part of these threads. Someone tries to make a joke on the furthest fringes of sanity, and someone shows up and goes "Actually..." :eng101:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

E:

Alternatively,

US Politics December - Barbarians at the Starport

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fried Chicken posted:

Goons As Disney Characters and the LF Let's Watch Die Hard remain the pinnacle of anything that has ever appeared on this site

Counterpoint:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3586028

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

I really hope that thread winds up in a research paper someday.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

E:

Alternatively,

How about just "Barack Strikes Back"?

- Barack in the Saddle Again
- American Ninja: The Baracklash

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Macys posted:

Barrack is Back in Black.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mister Macys posted:

USPol December: The Emperor was a Ni-!

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 2, 2014

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Barack in the USSR.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
US Politics December - Turd Ferguson

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Barack City, Bitch, Barack Barack City, Bitch

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

- Thus Spoke Obamathustra

quote:

"what the name of Obamathustra means in my mouth, the mouth of the first immoralist..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

Yep. This has been, is and forever will be goons' Ninth Symphony.

• Locked thread