Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

personally i hope the children grow up to live happy, healthy and successful lives you weirdos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Google Butt posted:

personally i hope the children grow up to live happy, healthy and successful lives you weirdos

I hope so too, but sadly this clip aptly summarizes the truth of it. Both in regards to kids and Star Citizen in general.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can you find out how many people are actually backers?

I'll look into it; I don't think I can with my current data pull script. I could do it by scraping their actual HTML forum profiles rather than their profile JSON, but it would have to wait until I have some time to write the scraper, and it's going to be significantly longer to get all the data. I hadn't done it before because I was being lazy and not multithreading my scripts and it would have taken way too long to do an HTML pull, but now that I've fixed that issue, I think it may be feasible.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

aleksendr posted:

Ethical, spiritual, health reasons or just to "try it out" ?

If you dont already know much about it, learn to cook and give a special consideration to spices and herbs since vegan food can sometime be a little bland. Also look in advance what restaurant around you have good vegetarian offering.

If you are going "Full vegan" as in "absolutely nothing from an annimal will ever cross my lips again!" get an nutritionist appointent. Without a good meal plan for the first few weeks you might find yourself with iron and/or Vit D deficiency.

Honestly i cant recommand going from regular omnivorous diet to vegan in a single go. If you really want to do it, do it gradually, first by having meat only one day out of two, then one out of 3 and so on. Or may be try going "Bhudist diet (no 4 legged annimal meat or chicken. You can still enjoy eggs, milk , cheese and fish)" for a little while and see how it pans out.

Finally, many vegans and vegan writers are tiny 5'4'' women doing a white collar job. Dont try to follow their eating habit if you are 6ft guy who work landscaping, for your going to be sick and miserable. You can be massive and be a vegan (hell, Sumo wrestlers are nearly vegan in the traditional diet) but you have to adjust for your own needs and body.

And i just realised you typed Vegas and not vegan

Go shoot some guns on full auto and try the Heart Attack Grill on Fremont St.

I was very confused and then I laughed really hard

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Eonwe posted:

Not that

Do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDEal9flOm8

Aren't you glad we don't have the same avatar anymore? I am. I want to know who the artist is though....

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh its okay I don't mind people having the same avvie as me! but I do like yours

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

That room is where we had our final exhibition at design college, I chose the room, it is upstairs in an old mill in Manchester.
I am also in that film, seriously ha ha, suck it Sandi!

That's one of the best scenes in that film, your dancing is superb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QbuYYcfRmA

sorry to doxx you dancing cat :ohdear:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

MeLKoR posted:

I know some of you are going to give me poo poo for posting this here but I don't care, I hate the whole Roberts family. And don't ask me how I got it, keep plausible deniability so you can feign ignorance when the redditors bring it up.

doxx.txt

Gotta admit, those are cute kids

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
from the Imperium forum:

Silent Ruin
SilentRuin
Posted: 3:14PM
Edited: 3:20PM by SilentRuin
I watch a lot of Star Citizen streamers on twitch.tv, and lately I have been running into more and more people who are completely misinformed about the current state of development. It is leading me to believe that Derek Smart's smear campaign is working. Can't CIG sue him for all he's worth? (which isn't much)

Gagarin
Gagarin
Posted: 3:19PM
Edited: 3:30PM by Gagarin
This thread will be moved soon, if not full blown REmoved since threads about that jerk are removed.

But to answer the OP... Derek's campaign online has seemed to gather a lot of ground with the unknowing public on the Internet. People are repeating his BS as if it were fact. One website in particular that I used to love, which I found really disappointing.

Horatio Somerville
HoratioSomerville
Posted: 3:43PM
Game is healthier than ever, I wouldn't be surprised if DS's was being fed info from Chris just look at the numbers

These Sperglings have it sussed . Especially the last genius....... Chris is feeding DS bullshit ................. on purpose. Beyond clever

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I'm glad someone is finally brave enough to make a game that is fundamentally not fun.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Octopode posted:

I'll take a look after work today; I think I can at least get a list of subscribers, but I'm not sure I can differentiate between the two types. I may have to add some DB columns and run another data pull, which takes a few hours to get everything, though, so it might be a couple days until I get around to it.

When did you become reasonable? Not complaining or making fun at all, but are you now leaning towards CIG not being able to deliver?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lack of Gravitas posted:

That's one of the best scenes in that film, your dancing is superb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QbuYYcfRmA

sorry to doxx you dancing cat :ohdear:

I am there somewhere, all the bands came on and played, it was really cool as a gig and an experience.
All day you could hear people talking about 'he's just like Alan Partridge irl lol'

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Booblord Zagats posted:

Also Chris Roberts' IMDB bio page is hysterical. It just goes backwards through his career so it seems like he's on an upward arc

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0730932/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

btw, Jodi Heaston was the "Director of Development" at Ascendant Pictures, so yeah

On that - he didn't have anything to do with Match Day, it was John Ritman. Maybe he ported it from ZX Spectrum to Commodore 64 or something....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Ritman

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

For me I vote that Eonwe should go to Norwich instead

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ZenMaster posted:

Gotta admit, those are cute kids

ZenMaster posted:

When did you become reasonable? Not complaining or making fun at all, but are you now leaning towards CIG not being able to deliver?
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't spook him, you'll break the magic.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 25, 2016

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

holy moses man, not THAT :ohdear:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

He's only being reasonable because people are feeding his expertism

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Happy Sisyphus posted:

For me I vote that Eonwe should go to Norwich instead

i already bought the tickets tho!!!!!!!!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

EightAce posted:

Horatio Somerville
HoratioSomerville
Game is healthier than ever, I wouldn't be surprised if DS's was being fed info from Chris just look at the numbers

These Sperglings have it sussed . Especially the last genius....... Chris is feeding DS bullshit ................. on purpose. Beyond clever

croberts is just that much of a mastermind

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

EightAce posted:

from the Imperium forum:

Silent Ruin
SilentRuin
Posted: 3:14PM
Edited: 3:20PM by SilentRuin
I watch a lot of Star Citizen streamers on twitch.tv, and lately I have been running into more and more people who are completely misinformed about the current state of development. It is leading me to believe that Derek Smart's smear campaign is working. Can't CIG sue him for all he's worth? (which isn't much)

Gagarin
Gagarin
Posted: 3:19PM
Edited: 3:30PM by Gagarin
This thread will be moved soon, if not full blown REmoved since threads about that jerk are removed.

But to answer the OP... Derek's campaign online has seemed to gather a lot of ground with the unknowing public on the Internet. People are repeating his BS as if it were fact. One website in particular that I used to love, which I found really disappointing.

Horatio Somerville
HoratioSomerville

I am glad of this.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Beyond clever

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

ZenMaster posted:

Octopode had been trolling for months :ssh:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Lol @ SilentGuin!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Gwaihir posted:

hes never trolled

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gwaihir posted:

I sometimes suspect that but I must say "look at me, I'm as dumb as a shitizen" is a bit on the self-trolling side.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if he has been trolling the hats off to him, I thought about switching sides and talking about how good Star Citizen is but I couldn't find it in myself to do

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

know it all true believer is a really weird gimmick, so weird i cannot believe it

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

if he has been trolling the hats off to him, I thought about switching sides and talking about how good Star Citizen is but I couldn't find it in myself to do

Star citizen in it's entire absurdity has really hosed with my troll detector something fierce, when you combine that with the whole Trump thing I just have no ability to discern joke from real online anymore, it's pretty bad.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Gwaihir posted:

Star citizen in it's entire absurdity has really hosed with my troll detector something fierce, when you combine that with the whole Trump thing I just have no ability to discern joke from real online anymore, it's pretty bad.

Gwaihir: Make Word of Lowtax great again!

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Eonwe posted:

i already bought the tickets tho!!!!!!!!

sell them on the gray market homeboy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gwaihir posted:

yea, it honestly feels like I'm in a joke universe sometimes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
like, 'ha ha, what if we made it so that Trump became president!!!! how wacky'

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Octopode posted:

I'll look into it; I don't think I can with my current data pull script. I could do it by scraping their actual HTML forum profiles rather than their profile JSON, but it would have to wait until I have some time to write the scraper, and it's going to be significantly longer to get all the data. I hadn't done it before because I was being lazy and not multithreading my scripts and it would have taken way too long to do an HTML pull, but now that I've fixed that issue, I think it may be feasible.

It might not be feasible unless the backer status is hidden somewhere, otherwise it looks like it only shows up when they post.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

like, 'ha ha, what if we made it so that Trump became president!!!! how wacky'

I saw a car with Cruz Carson and then Trump bumper stickers all plastered on top of each other driving up from South Florida a couple weeks back. This is truly the strangest timeline.

e: I live in Florida and have yet to see a Jeb! sticker thank god. I think everyone that voted for him last time is dead now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
when trump said that he could shoot someone and not lose voters

My gut instinct was to be like, man this guy is hosed up

but then I thought about it

and he is absolutely right

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
If Bill got away with rape, I don't see why Trump wouldn't with murder.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

when trump said that he could shoot someone and not lose voters

My gut instinct was to be like, man this guy is hosed up

but then I thought about it

and he is absolutely right

*Trump shoots random brown person*

*Polls go up 10%*

:rip:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Gwaihir posted:

*Trump shoots random brown person*

*Polls go up 10%*

:rip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84C7etLmns8

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
like the dude has straight up called women ugly, made fun of them for peeing, being on their period
he has called for all muslims to have identification
he has talked about murdering people
he has said a protestor should have been beaten up and told him he couldn't have his coat

like this is a real thing that people support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
like if The Onion had written about this I would have said it was probably trying a bit too hard and that things are only funny when they are rooted in reality

but here we are

and its still not really funny

• Locked thread