Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

NowonSA posted:

It's a bummer because even if Drake wins the tournament, becomes champ, and gets re-hired, it's got that bad taste of having used a lot of real firings as part of a storyline.
Yeah, even in the best case scenario where this is all a work that means this is an incredibly scummy angle where Spud and WWE used the actual firing and heartbreak and difficult reality of dozens of employees to garner sympathy. That's loving gross.

It was also always inevitable that WWE was gonna play this angle and it was always inevitable that the hardcore WWE fans would buy into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I can see a situation where Drake wins the the thing, and the WWE hires him back to try to spin it as "See? We're not awful!"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Davros1 posted:

I can see a situation where Drake wins the the thing, and the WWE hires him back to try to spin it as "See? We're not awful!"

Rowan: WOOOH GOOD JOB DRAKE, THANKS FOR WINNING OUR JOBS BACK!

Drake: ................funny thing about that ummm

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Super Dragon is sitting somewhere in full gimmick smiling under his mask.

With an unedited PWG show behind him that he refuses to touch.

Seams posted:

One of the best things modern WWE ever did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2ZPtVJuHH4

One of their best things was to set up a mystery, have some fun, and then never resolve it?

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Wazzu posted:

With an unedited PWG show behind him that he refuses to touch.

One of their best things was to set up a mystery, have some fun, and then never resolve it?

Yes. It’s modern WWE so the bar is ankle high.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Jinder has learned to hit the Khallas without his opponent being distracted first, he is unstoppable now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Yet again it must be said that even if that were the case

it is 100000000000000000000000000000% not the case for the dozens of other people who were also fired who are not coming back

so

don't loving treat it like it's not awful even if they do it and say it isn't

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

no one is saying that

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
Could WWE be going for some kind of angle similar to Brian Pillman in WCW? Whatever they're doing is awful but I would love to hear that they fired a worker to have him win a tournament and resign him but he double crosses them and signs with AEW instead. Hell, go back to TNA. Of course, it would help if the tournament/title meant anything but Vince would still be so apoplectic that it would still be worth it,

Quid fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 30, 2020

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Wazzu posted:

Yes.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Incessant Excess posted:

Jinder has learned to hit the Khallas without his opponent being distracted first, he is unstoppable now.

Way to spoil the winner of the mitb gauntlet match next week.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Wazzu posted:

That was also the premise of Twin Peaks so I don’t see the problem

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Quid posted:

Could WWE be going for some kind of angle similar to Brian Pillman in WCW?

Pretty sure it is going to make zero money, so in some ways

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm going to do such a dance when Vince dies

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1255930442265567232?s=21

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
and so ended, the very end of, the finish to, the genesis of, mcgillicutty

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

They must not think Rock's ever coming back if they're firing all his ring rust dudes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

They must not think Rock's ever coming back if they're firing all his ring rust dudes

This is all the stuff on the film section of his Wiki that still needs to either 1) finish filming, 2) start filming, or 3) be set to release and he needs to be on promotional tours for, all of which is halted indefinitely until coronavirus is done being a major thing in the country

quote:

Johnson will star in Netflix's upcoming Red Notice, written and directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber. It will be the third time the two collaborate, following Central Intelligence and Skyscraper.[280][281] The film co-starring Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds, will begin production in fall of 2019.[282] Production on Black Adam is slated to follow thereafter, in mid-to-late 2020.[283][284][285] A film centered around Teth-Adam / Black Adam, a part of the DC Extended Universe, was announced to be in development January 2017. Originally cast in the role as early as September 2014 as the antagonist, in a film centered around the superhero Billy Batson / Shazam,[286][287] his villainous role for Shazam! was re-worked into two separate films.[288] Though Johnson would not appear in Shazam!, he served as a producer and his likeness was used through special effects in flashback scenes.[289][290] Johnson will co-star with Emily Blunt in The Walt Disney Company's Jungle Cruise, as Frank and Lily Houghton, respectively. Cast in the role in August 2015, the film was announced to be based on the themepark ride of the same name.[291] Jaume Collet-Serra serves as director, with a script by Michael Green from a previous co-written by J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay.[292][293][294][295][296] In addition to his work on the film, Johnson assisted with re-designing the titular ride for all Disney theme parks.[297] Jungle Cruise is scheduled to be released on July 24, 2020.[298][299]

Noted for his busy schedule and for developing multiple projects at once,[300][301] a sequel to the box-office hit San Andreas was announced to be in the pre-production stage with director of the first film, Brad Peyton returning as director along with the main cast (marking the fourth collaboration between the actor and filmmaker following Journey 2, San Andreas, and Rampage respectively).[302][274] Though originally attached as producer and star, Johnson will now serve solely as the former on a film adaptation of The Janson Directive. John Cena will fill the leading role, with Akiva Goldsman attached as screenwriter.[303] Additionally, he will produce and star in a Netflix exclusive film titled John Henry & The Statesmen, as the titular folklore hero. The film will be directed by Jake Kasdan, from a script co-written by Kasdan and Tom Wheeler. With the first official teaser trailer released in October 2018, the project marks Kasdan and Johnson's third collaboration, following Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle and Jumanji: The Next Level.[304]

Johnson will co-produce and star in The King, a film about king Kamehameha Kūnuiākea, founder and first ruler of the Kingdom of Hawai'i. The project will be directed by Robert Zemeckis from a script written by Randall Wallace. The movie will be comparable to Braveheart in tone, given Wallace's work on both films, and will depict the king's role in resolving the wars among the islands of Hawai'i. The King will begin production in 2020.[305] Johnson is also attached to produce/star in a sequel to Big Trouble in Little China,[306][307] as well as project under development with Shane Black focusing on a new interpretation of Doc Savage.[308] In April 2018, he announced that he is working on a film that will include Chris Pratt as his co-star.[309] On November 14, 2019, Johnson announced a December 22, 2021 release date for the standalone Black Adam film.[310]

Also doesn't include the show he just announced this week
Or the likely third season of the other show he's doing that comes back next month

He might have free time in 2026 at this rate, maybe? He'd be 53 then

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

also WWE is a complete anchor right now so why would he come back

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

also WWE is a complete anchor right now so why would he come back

Yeah with ratings approaching 1.5 The Rock isn't going down with that ship nor should he

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think the assumption was he MIGHT come back just to do the Hollywood Mania, but now the stadium may not even be ready in time.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I don't see how the location of Wrestlemania has anything to do with him appearing...

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Blaise330 posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1255656383413919746

Candice's new finish woulda been a good Britt Baker finishing move.

Not seen that move in WWE since Paul Burchill was around.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dacap posted:

I think the assumption was he MIGHT come back just to do the Hollywood Mania, but now the stadium may not even be ready in time.

The WORLD might not be ready

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Does this mean he finally lost that Rumble?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if he can find a way to win that rumble he will be re-hired

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Astro7x posted:

I don't see how the location of Wrestlemania has anything to do with him appearing...

He has a home in Cali and films frequently in Cali, it'd be way less distance to travel and easier to stop by for a second during a brief break in his schedule. Whether you think he would or not is obviously another matter, but he already stopped by for two semi-recent shows in the state (the Fox SD debut, and the time they were in the area to film a scene for Fighting With My Family and he called Punk mid-ring after Raw)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i still don't know what move the Khallas actually is i've never watched a Jinder Mahal match in my life i've just seen jokes about the Khallas

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The Khallas has to be among the least kicked-out finishers in WWE.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

The Khallas is no joke.

see this is what I mean!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Isaiah "Swerve" Scott is a dumb name and I hope WWE is around long enough to shorten it to something even dumber on the main roster.

iSwerve or something.

Killscott

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Alaois posted:

i still don't know what move the Khallas actually is i've never watched a Jinder Mahal match in my life i've just seen jokes about the Khallas

It's a full nelson bomb :geno:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Thank you, scoopsgal.

also lmao its even more underwhelming than i thought

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I thought jinders finisher was a Cobra Clutch Slam.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Now thats not fair. That's like saying the People's Elbow is just an elbow drop, that takes away everything unique.

The Khallas is a full nelson bomb after Sunil Singh jumps up on the apron and gets yelled at.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
yeah it's a cobra clutch slam

and Billy Gunn did it better

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Whenever the Khallas gets hit I become Cole calling Punk's piledriver.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Rarity posted:

The first time I noticed the Full Nelson Bomb was during the Attitude Era. Test was being a dick to Triple H as late payback for his ruined marriage, and somehow he got to land that move on Triple H and even laid him out with it. It was pretty awesome.

How come that move has fallen so far?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

does anyone have a pumphandle lying around. I need it to crank my lever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Julio Cruz posted:

yeah it's a cobra clutch slam

and Billy Gunn did it better