Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will AEW survive the year?
This poll is closed.
Yes 102 47.66%
No 17 7.94%
Yes after TNA buys it 95 44.39%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

surf rock posted:

So, from what I see these are the people confirmed for that match: Britt Baker, Jazz, Sadie Gibbs, Teal Piper, Big Swole, Aerial Monroe, Brandi Rhodes, Nyla Rose, Allie, Yuka Sakazaki, Ivelisse, Awesome Kong

Who are the big surprises possible? I heard that Tenille will be in it, so that's something but not crazy. Scarlett Bordeaux would be notable. So would Rosemary. The joshi who seem to have a lot of buzz (from what I can tell) would be Hana Kimura and Mayu Iwatani (also Maki Ito, but I think that's just a social media joke thing; I have no idea if she's done anything). Meiko Satomura would be awesome.

I would cackle like a goddamn madman if AJ Lee showed up, though. It would break my heart because she wouldn't have her LIGHT IT UP song but still.

I guess if the Dashwood deal happens any woman in Impact could be a surprise, maybe Jordynne Grace?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

surf rock posted:

So, from what I see these are the people confirmed for that match: Britt Baker, Jazz, Sadie Gibbs, Teal Piper, Big Swole, Aerial Monroe, Brandi Rhodes, Nyla Rose, Allie, Yuka Sakazaki, Ivelisse, Awesome Kong

Who are the big surprises possible? I heard that Tenille will be in it, so that's something but not crazy. Scarlett Bordeaux would be notable. So would Rosemary. The joshi who seem to have a lot of buzz (from what I can tell) would be Hana Kimura and Mayu Iwatani (also Maki Ito, but I think that's just a social media joke thing; I have no idea if she's done anything). Meiko Satomura would be awesome.

I would cackle like a goddamn madman if AJ Lee showed up, though. It would break my heart because she wouldn't have her LIGHT IT UP song but still.

I'm betting heavily on Tenille/Scarlett/Penelope showing up. Honestly someone like Tenille being able to work in AEW would be a big deal for a division that has already likely lost Kylie Rae and needs blood infusions.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

hamada came back recently but i do not think she is a big enough deal and also might not be able to get back into america anyway

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Kaitlyn + Spin the bottle, pls

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Wait, what happened to Kylie Rae? She was my favorite part of their women's division. :(

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Maki itoh is genuinely a great character but she is on a tjpw show at the same time. Aja and yuka are booked also I think

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

surf rock posted:

Wait, what happened to Kylie Rae? She was my favorite part of their women's division. :(

Something Mysterious

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dacap posted:

I guess if the Dashwood deal happens any woman in Impact could be a surprise, maybe Jordynne Grace?
I feel like after Cornette's shithead comments about her the bucks underlined "get Jordynne grace" in their notes so many times they cut through the table beneath

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
I would assume some aaa ladies will be in the royale at the very least

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Who do you even feud CM Punk with if he shows up?

karmicknight posted:

CM Punk feuding with Joey Janela to defend the honor of Blink 182 would be a very good use of CM Punk.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
PAC’s name came from him being called that since he was a young kid for always having abs. Seriously.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Watched Flip break the dunk tank at the pte party and Frank the Clown got dunked like 5 times in a row. Hes terrible at heeling.

Currently being a pig at the buffet. All this poo poo is surreal.

Oh and I got a Biscuit Party hat.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
In Newcastle if you can see past your gut you might as well be rick rude

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Get the gently caress in :getin:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1167889797031047168

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dacap posted:

from what I've read lately Tenille may not even really have a contract with Impact? So who knows what'll happen but I'd really like an Impact working relationship strictly for those Knockouts

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

i always thought "cold open" was when you launched right in without/pre credits

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

lost my old email posted:

i always thought "cold open" was when you launched right in without/pre credits

Cold Open refers to any segment placed before the opening title of a production. Most commonly you see it in a drama where they establish the episodes theme/main plot before kicking into the opening credits and theme song.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
My cousin wants to go halfsies on the ppv with me but he’s in a diff state. Anyone know if this is possible?

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

karmicknight posted:

Cold Open refers to any segment placed before the opening title of a production. Most commonly you see it in a drama where they establish the episodes them/main plot before kicking into the opening credits and theme song.

where i am loving up is that this video is not the ppv theme/opening video. thank you karmicknight

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

My cousin wants to go halfsies on the ppv with me but he’s in a diff state. Anyone know if this is possible?

Best bet would be to have one of you pay in full and have the other Venmo their half. I doubt you can split a payment otherwise.

Theres a dude in here in full MJF cosplay.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Critical posted:

Best bet would be to have one of you pay in full and have the other Venmo their half. I doubt you can split a payment otherwise.

Theres a dude in here in full MJF cosplay.

I don't think he was asking if it was possible to send someone money over the internet....

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Jericho is gonna win and Punk will come out to start a feud with him. Punk told me last night in my scotch infused dreams.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

jase1 posted:

Jericho is gonna win and Punk will come out to start a feud with him. Punk told me last night in my scotch infused dreams.

i wish i had scotch for this but what with looming uncertainty in the near future of my home nation i am saving money by drinking cheap piss quality cider and cheap piss quality lager. i do not much care for cider generally but it was extremely reasonably priced

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna get some korean fried chicken wings, some fries, some cheap whiskey, and maybe some Japanese beer for all of tonight's hot hot action. Wrestling is good again, my friends!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

He debuted as PAC in 2004 in the indies, he's been that outside of WWE/NXT. Don't know why he picked that, but it's stuck

Is dad would call him that because he had a 6-pack, if I remember the origins correctly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Taintrunner posted:

Wrestling is good again, my friends!

Don't mind me, I just wanted an excuse to post this image:

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Itv4 is showing the shawshank redemption right before the preshow lol.

To escape WWE you must crawl through a mile of poo poo

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

Itv4 is showing the shawshank redemption right before the preshow lol.

To escape WWE you must crawl through a mile of poo poo

there has been a lot made of aew being on itv but it should be emphasised to our international friends that it is itv 4 which mainly shows minority interest sports and old movies. though it does have columbo and hornblower reruns so that adds a touch of class

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’m trying to eat healthy and have some chicken and broccoli slaw during the show

But also I’m making a friend some apple butter bread so this was a dumb plan

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Time is going by incredibly slow. An hour and 40 minutes away, going on 10 hours :gonk:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's a bit weird that they are still including Kenny / Moxley in the hype videos.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if someone gets to the venue early, can they post what security is like

i want to sneak in candy, but if i had to throw it away on the way in i'd be very sad

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I went to the store and bought a bunch of snacks a little while ago: egg rolls, mozzarella sticks, pizza rolls. I also got a BANG energy drink which surprisingly isn't completely awful? I mean I am not a energy drink person and I will never drink one again but it was better than most that I have had.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

lost my old email posted:

there has been a lot made of aew being on itv but it should be emphasised to our international friends that it is itv 4 which mainly shows minority interest sports and old movies. though it does have columbo and hornblower reruns so that adds a touch of class

Hornblower is better than Sharpe. :colbert:

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Jordan7hm posted:

It's a bit weird that they are still including Kenny / Moxley in the hype videos.

I just had the same thought. If Mox is there and they canceled all the Starrcast stuff people are going to be very unhappy.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Djarum posted:

I went to the store and bought a bunch of snacks a little while ago: egg rolls, mozzarella sticks, pizza rolls. I also got a BANG energy drink which surprisingly isn't completely awful? I mean I am not a energy drink person and I will never drink one again but it was better than most that I have had.

disappointed that this is not DDP branded. i am on the cold cuts and dried fruits because it has been an enjoyable but long day

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Djarum posted:

I just had the same thought. If Mox is there and they canceled all the Starrcast stuff people are going to be very unhappy.

If he cancelled cuz he's sick and still shows up on the show because it's wrestling and they are willing to risk long term health for a single show (because wrestling), I doubt people will be unhappy.

But I gathered that won't happen soooo. It feels like false advertising.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Lid posted:

Hornblower is better than Sharpe. :colbert:

plausible but i cannot give a good faith judgement as i have not seen either for a good while. columbo is the better worker of the three, tho. infinitely rewatchable

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The Columbo with Johnny Cash as the villain is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Djarum posted:

I used to also not like energy drinks but in the last few years they've come up with a lot better flavors. I used to buy them for my D&D group and never touch them but there are a few flavors I like and drink by choice now from time to time.