Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Must be.

But apparently this thing is crew compatible with both the E100 line, and the Panzer VII line (which I'm starting to grind) so I guess I'm paying 27€ for the funny animes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
I really come to appreciate the experimental hardening/config T-34-3 the more I play it. Starting with a 6 perk 122 TM crew helps of course.
For some reason Chinese guns feel like they have +10% average damage rolls over other nations' stuff.
Taking big nasty chunks out of unsuspecting victims never gets old. And asylum from Tier X is still something :shobon:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A tale of two tanks.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

A tale of two tanks.

I LOVE the Tortoise, but much like the T95 it has a hard time adapting if your team across the map starts to fold.

But holy poo poo is it a fun tank.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The stats for the Nemesis say it has -10 degrees of gun depression, but that is only when the gun is pointed directly in front of it. It goes from -7 to +1 if you point it anywhere else.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
It's pretty clear that WG is just trolling at this point.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fun way to wrap up the Progetto 54. What an absolute gem of a tank! Fast, good gun depression, laser accurate gun, great flexibility through the auto-reloader. A++, definitely recommend.

E:

Oh boy, the stock T9 is ... not anything of the above.

E2:

It's enough to make you cry.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:17 on May 18, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:chloe:

The gently caress is happening today?

Edit:

Yeah, gently caress this game today.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 18, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This is how it's been for several months on EU. It's astonishing that these fuckwits managed to get worse than the 15-1 poo poo we've had for a few years but here we are.

These days it's completely normal to see 1/3 or even more of your team die with 0 damage, and most of the rest with like one shot.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

They really need to do something about the consistent 15-5 (or worse) blowouts.

Even if it means tweaking the winning side's RNG slightly.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's time for skill-based matchmaking.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They really need to do something about the consistent 15-5 (or worse) blowouts.

Even if it means tweaking the winning side's RNG slightly.

McGavin posted:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

What's the deal with the Progetto 66's upgraded turret? Does it seriously trade a bunch of frontal armour for a bit of view range? Or is it misleading and the frontal armour is actually slanted / spaced or something?

E: yeah I have no idea what the gently caress the in-game stats are doing, on tanks.gg the second turret is massively more armoured frontally.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

What's the deal with the Progetto 66's upgraded turret? Does it seriously trade a bunch of frontal armour for a bit of view range? Or is it misleading and the frontal armour is actually slanted / spaced or something?

E: yeah I have no idea what the gently caress the in-game stats are doing, on tanks.gg the second turret is massively more armoured frontally.

The top turret has less armour thickness, but better angles.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

It's hard to do that when 95% of the game's players, at least on the less-populated servers like US Central, are bots or loving hopeless.

Of course, all they'll likely focus on is this: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2024/0...formation-leak/

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

MM just has to ensure that each team has an equal number of good players. The hopeless players don't matter.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I'm an outlier in that situation as I still have a 60%+ win rate (from not playing), but having played a few games last week, I can safely say I suck because I'm out of practice.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Getting rid of the +2 bullshit would do more for MM than introducing skill-based matching imo. When I load into a game as bottom tier with a 2 spread, I just assume it's going to be an utter shitshow.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

sushibandit posted:

Getting rid of the +2 bullshit would do more for MM than introducing skill-based matching imo. When I load into a game as bottom tier with a 2 spread, I just assume it's going to be an utter shitshow.

Tier 7s should never fight tier9s.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Ugh finally, hunting down high tier TDs is so infuriating.
Multiplied by the 'damage 7 different enemies' daily, and having to win :ferrari:

I also sold all tier 10s (again) except the EBR105.
The aggravation is not worth the bonds and access to the fun fun competitive modes.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 13:42 on May 19, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It is comical how much faster it is to grind non-light tanks through ToTT than light tanks. I got through the Progetto 54 from stock to Progetto 66 in 31 games.

26 battles, 56% WR and 1500 WN8 in my SP Ic and I'm not even halfway to the HWK-12, which is apparently somehow even worse. Not only is your random 2024 pubbie incapable of shooting at poo poo you spot, WG have hosed up the XP gains for spotting etc so badly that playing light tanks is just a massive pain in the rear end. The only exception is if you can reliably do lots of damage.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
ISU-152k might not be the best tank in the game, but it is hilarious when people don't pay attention to you :allears:.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The AAT60 is actually pretty good.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The Ka-Ri is also a top tier premium TD.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

The Ka-Ri is also a top tier premium TD.

It's my favorite TD that I can't seem to win with. It rules :unsmith:.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I must be stealing all your wins because my win rate in it is in the 90s.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Tortoise:

God tier.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

I must be stealing all your wins because my win rate in it is in the 90s.

I am glad to hear that :unsmith:. The tank does rock, great gun and it's pretty nimble.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The Tortoise:

God tier.

Tort is so amazing, gotta play some games in it tonight.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

I am glad to hear that :unsmith:. The tank does rock, great gun and it's pretty nimble.

Tort is so amazing, gotta play some games in it tonight.

I think my favourite moment was either the GSOR bouncing an entire gold clip off my front bumper, or maybe the Jagdtiger ineffectively just shooting at me while I picked him off.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I think my favourite moment was either the GSOR bouncing an entire gold clip off my front bumper, or maybe the Jagdtiger ineffectively just shooting at me while I picked him off.

Even when players know how to pen you, a lot of times they are afraid to peek you because A) Your DPM is crazy, B) Even if they load gold to pen you, it is still hard. Tort is such a wonderful bully :allears:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Even when players know how to pen you, a lot of times they are afraid to peek you because A) Your DPM is crazy, B) Even if they load gold to pen you, it is still hard. Tort is such a wonderful bully :allears:

Yeah, the DPM constantly catches people out. A few games ago there was a Standard B who kept poking around the corner, trying to bait my shots, thinking he could then drive out to unload his clip on me. I intentionally fired into the ground, he drove out, got one 230 damage shot into me, and then I locked him down in place and shot him to pieces one shot at a time.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
a couple friends randomly decided to get back into WoT this week so i redownloaded and am playing for the first time in multiple years. they just started so i've gone back to T3 tanks and am having a lot of fun in my speedy little Pz. III E. my best tank is a Tiger II but i hear the E-100 is kind of a chunk of poo poo? i have no idea if that was always the case but i also don't know if i'm gonna end up grinding out the last two tiers of that tree anyway

turns out i'm still in PANSY. looks like not very many people in that clan have logged in recently but if there's a newer/better clan with active people i'd be interested in joining. without a T10 i probably have no use in clan wars if that stuff still happens but i'm also bad at the game and wouldn't be good in that sort of thing anyway

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The E-75 is still a good solid heavy, and the E-50 and E-50M are good tanks with a nice ramming gimmick.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

None of the goon clans are active in clan wars.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

When the hell are WG gonna sell an item that applies "premium" status to a selected tech tree tank under T10 so I don't have to train new crews to keep playing the t8/t9 once I finish a particular line? They could even make it the final paid-track reward in each season's battlepass to keep suppy limited for all I care. I would probably even pick up WOT+ if that was one of the perks. They already directly sell power in the form of OP tanks, why not fully embrace it?

Having massive fun with the E50, in part due to a nice 6-skill crew, and I don't really want to sell it as I get closer to unlocking the E50M. But no way am I gonna go through the hassle of leveling a whole nother crew just to keep playing it after I move the better crew to the tier 10.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah the E100s problem is its gargantuan, flat turret front.
Against equal tiers (and increasingly tier 9 as well) it must keep the turret angled away at least 30°.. which poses a problem if you maybe wanna shoot something at some point :shobon:
The E75s Panther, narrow-style turret fares better and it has easier matchmaking.

I can't recommend the E50(M) for newer players. It's often not clear at all where you are supposed to go, with the heavies or the mediums?
When do you start using your supposed armor and make a breakthrough?
Do you know all the firing lines of the map to move your massive beast with poor camo around safely?
Can you keep up perfect angling under pressure in close quarter engagements? I don't.

And the ramming thing happens once under a blue moon. When you get to deploy that one, the game is already over one way or the other.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Granted, I am still partway through the grind, but the T9 Italian heavy feels a LOT worse tier for tier than the T8 did. Like "this is bad" worse.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Both these motherfuckers sat AFK in base and didn't do ANYTHING the entire battle. Literally blanks for their entire detailed report. But because we won, they got more XP out of the match than all but one of the enemy.

loving awesome system you've got here WG.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Granted, I am still partway through the grind, but the T9 Italian heavy feels a LOT worse tier for tier than the T8 did. Like "this is bad" worse.

Do you have the upgrade turret?
The first one is a stock Tiger 2 kinda joke.

Even upgraded, the Prog66 armor only works straight on and using full hulldown.
The tier 8 has weird angles around the turret ring, and even the lower front plate is trollish like a T110E5.
The gun mantlet (that's the weak spot for a hulldown 66) is almost the same thickness for both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The IS-3-II is such a wonderful tank :allears: