Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/Queenofallerass/status/1207684071586852866

fatherofmustard fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 20, 2019

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

We’re supposed to boo this gal apparently

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy gently caress, she's so loving cool :allears:

For some reason this reminds me of the story Xavier Woods tells about going bowling in high school with some girl he had a crush on, young Cody Rhodes from his rival school who also knew the girl showing up, meeting Xavier and cheerfully dismissing him as any kind of rival before casually bowling a strike :lol:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Shayna had the cage lowering music

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1210034093410390016

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Eh, It felt more natural the first time, knowing WWE this will happen every match now running it into the ground. They can’t just let a single spot be good once without force feeding it into our loving faces.

It’s like Braun’s running tackle outside of the ring. It was cool the first time and now he has to unnaturally force it into every match forever and will take a decade off his knees. Same thing with Corbin’s slide to the outside where he runs back around the the corner. I hate Corbin but that was a cool spot, ONCE.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Orange Cassidy has like eight memes as part of his character, Keith can get this one

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's fine because of the addition of the Santa hat. It's a new twist on an old classic.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Basic Chunnel posted:

Orange Cassidy has like eight memes as part of his character, Keith can get this one

Keith better enjoy doing apron squats because that's what he's gonna do.

Also I completely forgot NXT signed Punishment Martinez.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Let us not forget as we close out the decade that it was innovated by the best worker in the best feud of the decade

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Basic Chunnel posted:

Let us not forget as we close out the decade that it was innovated by the best worker in the best feud of the decade

So loving perfect.

I wish I could bring myself to care about NXT as much as I did back in those days.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

coconono posted:

Keith better enjoy doing apron squats because that's what he's gonna do.

Also I completely forgot NXT signed Punishment Martinez.

Completely forgetting Punishment Martinez is entirely understandable

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the baron corbin thing was cool every time bossman did it in every match

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1210660110407589888

Surprised NXT was that high running a show on Christmas that I completely forgot about

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1212549735862673414

I'm pretty sure this is rigged.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Yeah. Not gonna lie, but this feels kinda sketch. They weren't rigged last year according to Dave, but I can easily see them rigging the awards this year because it seems pretty likely Shayna is going to win the Rumble, and go on to face Becky at Mania. And they'll use that award as a way to boost her profile heading into Mania.

I honestly thought both Rhea and Io had a much stronger case to win that award, and they should have.

Yup, voting was definitely rigged this year.

quote:

For the first time, voting in the NXT Year-End Awards was extended to WWE Legends & Hall of Famers, the WWE Performance Center coaching staff, the media and USA Network, in addition to the fan votes cast by the NXT Universe on WWE.com and Twitter.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 2, 2020

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah. Not gonna lie, but this feels kinda sketch. They weren't rigged last year according to Dave, but I can easily see them rigging the awards this year because it seems pretty likely Shayna is going to win the Rumble, and go on to face Becky at Mania. And they'll use that award as a way to boost her profile heading into Mania.

I honestly thought both Rhea and Io had a much stronger case to win that award, and they should have.

Yup, voting was definitely rigged this year.

She was the champion of the division for pretty much the entire year, she pinned Charlotte and beat Becky at Survivor Series.

Her profile is not being raised by some dumb year end award.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So was there no actual show this week? It looks like it was some kind of recap for an awards show?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
People acting like the superstar of the year titles will be used beyond the next week...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Astro7x posted:

Surprised NXT was that high running a show on Christmas that I completely forgot about
Boomers who are alone because their kids hate them have nothing better to do on Christmas day.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Astro7x posted:

people needed their wednesday wrestling fix

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Why even do a Dusty Classic when they have no tag teams? It's all the UK teams, TUE and Forgotten Sons, then a weird Riddle/Dunne mash-up and Kushida with an unknown partner.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Dacap posted:

Why even do a Dusty Classic when they have no tag teams? It's all the UK teams, TUE and Forgotten Sons, then a weird Riddle/Dunne mash-up and Kushida with an unknown partner.

i would assume because the other guys make a big deal of tag team wrestling, and also it's named after the dad of one of the guys on the other team so hunter likes to rub cody's nose in poo poo like that because he's a mega rear end in a top hat; cody also tried to trademark dusty rhodes to no avail

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they gotta stay active with the Dusty Rhodes trademark or they'll lose it.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

coconono posted:

they gotta stay active with the Dusty Rhodes trademark or they'll lose it.

no they dont have the trademark, it got shot down because Dusty Rhodes and Dustin Rhodes are too similar, and Dustin already owns the trademark to his name

i mean to be fair, it is a tournament they've done since like 2015 but im just going to assign malice to triple h because he's a stupid fuckhead

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Historically the Dusty classic has been a series of tag team matches that have tied into singles storylines.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Anything happen on NXT so far?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Alex Shelley is gonna team with Kushida.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

TIMESPLITTERS FOREVER

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bianca's "You don't even go here" to Toni is the best thing WWE has done in months.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wanted to look up how they announced alex shelley and see if he was there or anything and came across the most annoying fake jerkwad on youtube. check this out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72BjgdiYptM

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

Bianca's "You don't even go here" to Toni is the best thing WWE has done in months.

I absolutely adored that line. Also thrilled that Alex Shelley is KUSHIDA's mystery partner though the fact it was announced for a graphic for next week's match only a week after the "mystery" was first brought up felt like a weird touch.

Keith Lee vs. Roderick Strong is gonna be real loving good. REAL loving good.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/mikelitzinger/status/1215798696304136192
drat I've been so out of the loop with NXT that I didn't realize they were having a show in Pittsburgh so missed Timesplitters :smith:

Unfortunately is poker night for me anyway

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/mikelitzinger/status/1215798696304136192
drat I've been so out of the loop with NXT that I didn't realize they were having a show in Pittsburgh so missed Timesplitters :smith:

Unfortunately is poker night for me anyway

It was really good. Alex Shelley got a great reception. Pittsburgh deeply loves Keith Lee.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That looks like they ran a show in a loading dock.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Big Huski Boi posted:

Pittsburgh deeply loves Keith Lee.

This is true in that Pittsburgh is part of the Earth and the Earth loves Keith Lee

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

That looks like they ran a show in a loading dock.

It's a concert venue, the ring is in front of the stage.

Rarity posted:

This is true in that Pittsburgh is part of the Earth and the Earth loves Keith Lee

:hai:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wow, the excitement for NXT UK Takeover is through the roof. ROH levels of buzz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's an NXT UK Takeover?