Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I like that Jinnai is doing the same thing as Izaya and has someone else doing things under his name to give himself protection, but whereas Izaya goes through the effort of blackmailing someone to get plastic surgery to become his doppelganger Jinnai just gets some random guy that looks nothing like him.

InspectorCarbonara fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
drat, this episode dropped a lot of names I'm not familiar with.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I really miss the mid-opening recaps. They were one of my favourite things about this show.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
They didn't go anywhere, though.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

didnt the aniplex subs get the policewoman's name wrong. they called her Maju Kuzuhara. i thought her name was Shinju Kuzuhara. based aniplex.

anyways the girl policewoman is the niece of the motorcycle cop who scares Celty, Kinnosuke Kuzuhara. the Kuzuhara's are a family of police officers.
Mine reversed everyone's names, which is mildly annoying normally, but becomes extremely aggravating when they pretend characters are using first names when they're clearly not. :unsmigghh:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm quite surprised that we're seeing the Kadota Coma arc now

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Zogundar posted:

Mine reversed everyone's names, which is mildly annoying normally, but becomes extremely aggravating when they pretend characters are using first names when they're clearly not. :unsmigghh:

I don't think I even knew the first names of Kadota's crew before this.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh poo poo

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
What was Togusa trying to do there? Pre-emptively apologize to his old school friends for murder? :psyduck:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm not going crazy am I, the past like 3 episodes have felt like they were 5 minutes long. I keep getting surprised by them suddenly ending.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

Redmark posted:

What was Togusa trying to do there? Pre-emptively apologize to his old school friends for murder? :psyduck:

all of kadota's pals want to kill the guy who ran him over. erika said as much, walker brought a bomb into a karaoke booth, and togusa warned people from his school that the school reputation is about to be ruined (because they're going to have graduated a murderer)

edit: oops spoilers i guess

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Goddamn, the chat rooms were hard enough to follow already without people impersonating other people we've already identified. I've just about given up on following them in any detailed sense.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think every scene with Mikado are becoming my favourite parts of the show, because at least in some way they all show that this kid is messed up. :allears:

Also, The Dollars are a really cool concept and i'm liking that now the show is really starting to explore the morality of an anonymous gang with no hierarchy. And also exploring just how this type of gang can even be maintained. It's all cool stuff.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I was under the impression we weren't getting a new episode today so this was a nice surprise.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Well, not as dramatic an end as I'd expected to this cour, but brilliant nonetheless. I know there's no new proper episodes until January, but is there anything else planned in-between?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

smenj posted:

Well, not as dramatic an end as I'd expected to this cour, but brilliant nonetheless. I know there's no new proper episodes until January, but is there anything else planned in-between?

Nope. It's off for a season then it comes back in January for the final 13 episodes.

This season was pretty much just putting all the pieces in place for what is bound to be a clusterfuck of a finale. It's gonna be great!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Finally watched the last couple episodes. I barely have any idea what's going on, but it's all pretty awesome.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

http://www.durarara.com

Third and final part starts January 9

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

New episode is out! I'm not a fan of the new op song, maybe it will grow on me.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

yes please

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lmao. Poor Celty. Poor Tougasa.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

a kitten posted:

Lmao. Poor Celty. Poor Tougasa.

yea everyone was being mean to celty. but that was a really good first episode. they recapped a lot of stuff and set up a lot of stuff for this final cour. its gonna be good

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Same

This show has a lot of events and characters so it's easy to forget after a long break

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Glad to see the final season. This episode was pretty fun. With the formation of the guild I think pretty much all the cast is going to end up in a group for whatever the final showdown is. We've got the Yodogiri Group, Izaya's team, Celty's guild, the Dollars, and the Yellow Scarves, and maybe the Awakusa Group also. I'd imagine everyone who matters will be affiliated with one of those. Not sure if I'm missing any key players.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I love Shingen's crew

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

El Burbo posted:

I love Shingen's crew

This was the funniest part of the episode.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

El Burbo posted:

I love Shingen's crew

Egor still really tall.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

you wouldn't think celty would make a very good audience stand-in/viewpoint character but here we are

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
So has there been several new eps in season 2 then in the last few months? I thought i had finished the season!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

galahan posted:

So has there been several new eps in season 2 then in the last few months? I thought i had finished the season!

It just started up again. They took a break for the Fall season, now there are 12 more coming to finish up the story for good.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 10, 2016

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Who was it whose legs got smashed by Izumii again? Not Saki, but the one who was on the news this episode, unless I just hallucinated that. Was it the drug lady?

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

Redmark posted:

Who was it whose legs got smashed by Izumii again? Not Saki, but the one who was on the news this episode, unless I just hallucinated that. Was it the drug lady?

I think that was the lady in the purple dress from amphisbaena named Earthworm.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

paragon1 posted:

you wouldn't think celty would make a very good audience stand-in/viewpoint character but here we are
Let's be honest, Celty has always been the closest thing to an audience stand-in.

Girl who just does her job and wants to live in peace with her man, who is somewhat of a butt but cares about her.

Also, before I was just fine on all the split cour stuff because I read the light novels up to that point and now I'm with the rest of you, completely lost and confused.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Redmark posted:

She got her arms smashed by Izumii. (Izumii did smash Saki's legs in the past however.) It was Earthworm Amphisbaena leader who captured Izaya. Shijima the Drug Dealer guy (Whose fake boss was the same fake boss that Earthworm had.) is the one meeting with Mikado.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I swear the op just gets worse every season.

But I'm ok with it, because the show gets more insane every season.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ViggyNash posted:

You're not talking poo poo about Headhunt, are you? :toughguy:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I actually really like the new opening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r0jdlfqeE4

Protodude
Dec 10, 2013

Fun Shoe
This is my least favorite opening so far, but the previous one was my second favorite behind the very first opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A really great first episode, i'm hyped for the rest of the season.

ViggyNash posted:

I thought the op was good and so was the ed. Also, the ed is now absolutely saturated with characters, geez. This season is going to be one hell of a mess, in all the best ways.

Oh, and :rip: Celty. She just got saddled with a group that's filled with the craziest people in Ikebukuro, and Egor. She has it rough.

• Locked thread