Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Kawalimus posted:

Yes we did because their backup QB was very bad, bad enough that we could have taken knees on offense the entire game and maybe still had a chance to win.

St
Fu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Watch some of the "highlights" if you don't believe me. It was one of the worst performances ever even by a 5th round rookie standards

He tried to lateral a ball on a run and ended up throwing an illegal forward pass out of bounds.

Stared down his receivers all game.

Would spin around 2-3 times running backwards and get sacked.

The only points they scored was because he underthrew a pass so badly that Stephens ran into the receiver

Their coaches did not help him with their gameplan. They needed to try to force a defensive stalemate and see which team beat itself first.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 1, 2023

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Kawalimus I saw some of the game you are right to be upset

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Metapod posted:

Kawalimus I saw some of the game you are right to be upset

Oh I'm not upset about the game at all except for us getting sacked out of field goal range twice. I thought we were going to lose for sure but with Watson being out and his backup being terrible and Lamar being on point when he needed to be, it was what you would expect from a game like this.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

You're mad because he's right

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Nothing wrong with expecting
More out of your team, perfection is a good thing to want, we should all strive for it

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

okay but in the real world, the Ravens were really good on both sides of the ball today, even with something like eight starters not playing. Probably because they're a well-coached team with a star QB and solid depth.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

okay but in the real world, the Ravens were really good on both sides of the ball today, even with something like eight starters not playing. Probably because they're a well-coached team with a star QB and solid depth.

I'm not saying we weren't good today I'm just saying our problems are very much still there and Harbaugh isn't suddenly this great coach just because we beat a team with a horrible backup. Just like beating a struggling Cincinnati in week 2 didn't mean our problems we saw against Houston were all gone and suddenly going to trounce the Colts easily at home playing a much better backup.

Pittsburgh seems actually very bad though so we should win that game too. But we still don't measure up to teams like SF, Dallas, Miami, Buffalo, Detroit, Seattle, Philadelphia, KC, and LA Chargers. Even when healthy we aren't there and Harbaugh is part of the reason for that.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 2, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This guy that is #24 all time on the all time win list as a coach with a 0.608 record sure is garbage.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

This guy that is #24 all time on the all time win list as a coach with a 0.608 record sure is garbage.

Big reason is because he started with the fruits of Ozzie Newsome's peak years as a GM. He came into a rare situation where he wasn't taking over a dumpster fire of a franchise but a really strong roster after Billick got fired for one horrendous year losing to the winless Dolphins. And then the Ravens weirdly hired a SP teams coach who never was a coordinator in the NFL. I don't know why the Ravens did that. But if he had gone to some team like Dallas or Cleveland etc he would be treated like the joke he is.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ravens win, Kawalimus pishes the thread, same as it ever was

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

this was an insanely good throw

https://x.com/Ravens/status/1708550886161567748

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i always felt like lamar was a better passer than people gave him credit for, but his throws, especially poo poo outside the numbers, have been way better this year. colts game included.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

i always felt like lamar was a better passer than people gave him credit for, but his throws, especially poo poo outside the numbers, have been way better this year. colts game included.

Yes people say he's a bad passer but he's not. His issues are he's sometimes slow to make his reads and the ball security and sometimes bad decision making. But as a passer he really is as good as anyone especially this year.

I think everyone watching that was like "oh god drat it intercepted!" but he put it in the exact right spot.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Big reason is because he started with the fruits of Ozzie Newsome's peak years as a GM. He came into a rare situation where he wasn't taking over a dumpster fire of a franchise but a really strong roster after Billick got fired for one horrendous year losing to the winless Dolphins. And then the Ravens weirdly hired a SP teams coach who never was a coordinator in the NFL. I don't know why the Ravens did that. But if he had gone to some team like Dallas or Cleveland etc he would be treated like the joke he is.

he was a coordinator in the nfl before becoming the head coach of the ravens.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

i wish my team was as garbage as the ravens with their lovely head coach

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

he was a coordinator in the nfl before becoming the head coach of the ravens.

SP teams coordinator that doesn't count.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

it does. thats what the word coordinator means.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Was this guy complaining about winning the Superbowl as well or is it just sustained success throughout the regular season that he gets so depressed/angry about?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

i wish my team was as garbage as the ravens with their lovely head coach

Again if Kliff Kingsbury or somebody like that had taken over the 08 Ravens he'd be in exactly the same spot as Harbaugh right now or better. Most guys would have succeeded with that. Plus he never had to have Boller as QB.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

Again if Kliff Kingsbury or somebody like that had taken over the 08 Ravens he'd be in exactly the same spot as Harbaugh right now or better. Most guys would have succeeded with that. Plus he never had to have Boller as QB.

So you're saying that coaching has literally nothing to do with a team's success? Because Kliff is a dogshit coach

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Black Sunshine posted:

So you're saying that coaching has literally nothing to do with a team's success? Because Kliff is a dogshit coach

No I'm saying Harbaugh didn't need to be as good because he had such a solid situation to start with with Rex Ryan and that defense plus got Flacco and Ray Rice right away. And just let Cam Cameron do stuff then wouldn't fire Cameron until the Ravens lost to Washington and Bisciotti got mad so he did and then Jim Caldwell won him a SB by using Anquan Boldin correctly.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

How do you break people's brains every year and get them so mad.

I love you

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

No I'm saying Harbaugh didn't need to be as good because he had such a solid situation to start with with Rex Ryan and that defense plus got Flacco and Ray Rice right away. And just let Cam Cameron do stuff then wouldn't fire Cameron until the Ravens lost to Washington and Bisciotti got mad so he did and then Jim Caldwell won him a SB by using Anquan Boldin correctly.

lol that second sentence reads like a 6 year old explaining a dream to you

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

A++ staying in character for all these years.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

The Ravens could win ten Superbowls in a row and Kawalimus would still be a whiny insufferable dick, it's as guaranteed as a sunrise

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

If the Washington team ever beat Baltimore in the Superbowl he'd probably pull a Lowtax

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Sunshine posted:

If the Washington team ever beat Baltimore in the Superbowl he'd probably pull a Lowtax

oh man that would ruin the ravens perfect record in superbowls which is almost worse than losing to washington itself.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
NFC has both the only two undefeated teams (Eagles, 49ers) and the only two winless teams (Bears, Panthers). The AFC has much more parity.

Hell, the entire AFC South is a beautiful 2-2.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Borsche69 posted:

lol that second sentence reads like a 6 year old explaining a dream to you

have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your, you- you could, you’ll do, you- you wants, you, you could do so, you- you’ll do, you could- you, you want, you want joe flacco to throw to dennis pitta so much you could do anything?

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
forgetting that flacco had some loving terrible games in 2012, like the broncos game and the one pats game where the defense and rushing did everything. Flacco did some wild poo poo but when he had off days he loving sucked worse then Zach does

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
:My team wins 28-3:

:I’m going to whine about my team:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kawalimus posted:

Why not? A head coach isn't going to be as actively involved in the finer details of offensive or defensive gameplanning as they would have been when they were OCs/DCs. A lot of head coaching is knowing how to delegate (and to who), how to keep the team focused and on the same page, and how to recognize problems and solve them using authority from above instead of having internal struggles.

Turns out that's also a lot of what ST coordinators do, and special teams coaches are typically involved with the entire team instead of just one side of the ball. There's a reason Rich Bisaccia is super respected among the league and why he's now the assistant head coach for the Packers.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

harbaugh only beat the bengals by 3 points with that perfect team

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I do not know how Kawalimus has kept his cartoonish posting intact for all these years but it’s still amazing.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I think if Kawalimus included a rad bird picture each Fire Harbs post he'd swing folks in his favor.

Ditto folks wanting to criticize Kawa's Harbs barbs.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

kalensc posted:

I think if Kawalimus included a rad bird picture each Fire Harbs post he'd swing folks in his favor.

Ditto folks wanting to criticize Kawa's Harbs barbs.

i agree with this super kawaii post

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
:lol: that Zach Wilson outplayed Mahomes and :lol: that it still wasn't enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017