Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I ended setting up like a search grid for the last few spiderbots. The fact that this wasn't NOT enjoyable speaks volumes about the web swinging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
All I can do is reiterate that I thought the hints were extremely helpful. They give you a shot of the minimap and a pretty specific description -- you get told stuff like "it's on the side of a house on the west side of Queens" or "a church in the southern end of the Financial District", which immediately narrows your search area to the point where you basically have to find it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I too used a combination of the minimap power and the large map telling me how many uncollected ones were in a district to just grab the last few that I didn’t snag organically

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

omg chael crash posted:

I just googled the last few that I never ran across

there were only like two that were floating in mid air that I didn't find organically though play. Just googled poo poo like "spiderbot hells kitchen" or whatever.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

All I can do is reiterate that I thought the hints were extremely helpful. They give you a shot of the minimap and a pretty specific description -- you get told stuff like "it's on the side of a house on the west side of Queens" or "a church in the southern end of the Financial District", which immediately narrows your search area to the point where you basically have to find it.

Wait, what? There are hints in the main game?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Narcissus1916 posted:

Wait, what? There are hints in the main game?

I assume he means the PS5 built in hint feature which I have always forgotten about.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Medullah posted:

I assume he means the PS5 built in hint feature which I have always forgotten about.
I do, yes. Just push the PS5 button and it'll offer you hints, and it should be tracking which ones you've already recovered -- it did for me until a game update reset the tracking, which was obnoxious, but I only needed two by that point.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

What the actual gently caress?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

Its funny, for like 90% of the game I found Miles a whole lot stronger than Peter.

I feel like miles is objectively better for the first 2/3rds and Peter is more powerful at the end just cause miles gets a super move way earlier and once peter gets his symbiote skills, he not only has a way better super but better basic abilities.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

For me the problem with Miles is that it's more of the same for too long. They took away a bunch of stuff from his game, the cool new stuff they added to combat is mostly not unique to him, and his new powers take a while to become available. On my second playthrough I'm using tricks to level up way faster than intended but it doesn't mean much because his moves are almost more story-gated than Peter's. You can't do an all-Evolved loadout until late.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I do hope that despite all that happens, we do get a Venom game. Just make it that A tiny, miniscule fragment of the Venom symbiote still lingers within Harry, and with the Krull meteorite destroyed, he has no connection to a hivemind. It will regenerate after a while and heal Harry, but it doesn't warp his mind anymore. Now Harry has to figure out how to live with a lost symbiote while trying to redeem himself for the chaos it caused.

Also I want to see Venom be all polite to horrified citizens in need.

https://twitter.com/morpho_j/status/1726002665380000012

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Clearly the Venom game just needs to follow the same beats as the comic, slightly modified. The Symbiote escapes and hates Peter for abandoning him. Meanwhile, a local journalist was reporting on the invasion told everyone it was Spider-Man behind everything, and when the truth is revealed, he lost his job and blames Spider-Man for ruining his life.

He meets the symbiote at his lowest moment, and the two bond. That's right, J Jonah Venomson!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Waffleopolis posted:

I do hope that despite all that happens, we do get a Venom game. Just make it that A tiny, miniscule fragment of the Venom symbiote still lingers within Harry, and with the Krull meteorite destroyed, he has no connection to a hivemind. It will regenerate after a while and heal Harry, but it doesn't warp his mind anymore. Now Harry has to figure out how to live with a lost symbiote while trying to redeem himself for the chaos it caused.

I also want this to happen just because I like Harry a lot as a character (though I'm not sure why exactly).

I feel like it'll be tough with how they've portrayed the symbiote this time around, though (unless they explain it as the remaining symbiote effectively being a new individual due to being cut off from the hive mind).

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Fine. FINE! I'm buying Midnight Suns. If I don't like it, every one who recommended it please expect a DM for reimbursement.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I need to start playing that again, I got completely bodied on a side mission and then was demoralized from playing more Midnight Suns <.<

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

UP AND ADAM posted:

Yeah that's a good point about how Kraven ends up. He's obviously a troublemaker so it's good that he gets put down, in the general villain sense, but how exactly are they prompting the player to feel when he's so happy to meet his end against the ideal foe? We don't really get to sympathize with him ever, so there's no bittersweet respect for a foe falling in combat, and the fight with venom is impersonal and just about anger and violence, and he sets off most of the calamities that happen during the story but it's nowhere near "doc Ock is holding the serum that will cure aunt may and the city and you have to stop him asap". Kraven kind of didn't work in this, as cool as the search for him was.

i didnt hate his death but i kinda hated how abrupt the whole thing was. i feel like he needed another couple mission or two before poo poo kicked off fully

Waffleopolis posted:

again as much as i like scary monster venom. i genuinly love big doofy polite anti hero venom who just wants to help people but is either scary as gently caress or gets carried away.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Miles' ability that recharges finishers after his rage move is beyond broken.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Narcissus1916 posted:

Miles' ability that recharges finishers after his rage move is beyond broken.

Makes some of the mysteriums a lot easier

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Added some letterboxing to enhance the effect more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOSdjLYIZjA

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1732494811322519587?s=20

More important than NG+

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Giving away a $25 PSN gift (USD) to the winner of my count-the-jellybeans-style contest in honour of the holidays!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2CKhoHjofc

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Is there a trick to the fire brutes? I keep getting absolutely murdered by them because you can't parry their attacks it seems. Or maybe it takes different timing?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Is there a trick to the fire brutes? I keep getting absolutely murdered by them because you can't parry their attacks it seems. Or maybe it takes different timing?

The ones with the sweeping flamethrower? Be in the air, that's about the only trick.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You can parry them but the timing is confusing. It seems perfectly natural and intuitive seeing someone else do it but in practice it eludes me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lobok posted:

You can parry them but the timing is confusing. It seems perfectly natural and intuitive seeing someone else do it but in practice it eludes me.

Can you? I always got the tutorial message "Some attacks can't be dodged or parried, try to jump over them!" when I was against them

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Medullah posted:

Can you? I always got the tutorial message "Some attacks can't be dodged or parried, try to jump over them!" when I was against them

The flame pincer attack I mean, yeah that is parry-able.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Medullah posted:

The ones with the sweeping flamethrower? Be in the air, that's about the only trick.

I found that to work, and if i'm miles to nail them with the venom blast.

Lobok posted:

This is what keeps happening to me, i try to parry and get nailed.

I had this issue with the brutes in 1, where if there was a brute with regular guys, i'd have to be really careful or i'd easy get squashed because the regular enemies are easy to avoid and dodge but the brutes being the mix means there's something i can't dodge the same way.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/insomniacgames/status/1755275417898906098?s=20

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/Wario64/status/1760337038643994696?s=20

New suits are....uhhh well they're new that's for sure

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Medullah posted:

Insomniac, I beg of you, please stop doing your own designs.

Like even if you wanted a gaudy Spider-Man, you can do Spider-Hero!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Medullah posted:

Those are gonna be some gaudy shoes.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

The suits are based in the 90s. Peter gets 90s TV shows and Miles gets 90s b-boy.

The Fresh and Fly pack will be $4.99 until April 2024. It’ll be free at a later date but, right now, 100% of each sale goes to a gamer charity that fights for representation and inclusivity.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

The suits are based in the 90s. Peter gets 90s TV shows and Miles gets 90s b-boy.

The Fresh and Fly pack will be $4.99 until April 2024. It’ll be free at a later date but, right now, 100% of each sale goes to a gamer charity that fights for representation and inclusivity.

goddamnit, why couldn't they make them look cool then?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Soonmot posted:

goddamnit, why couldn't they make them look cool then?

I think the only thing that most people remember about the 90s is loud colors and lots of them. :v:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

I think the only thing that most people remember about the 90s is loud colors and lots of them. :v:

i mean if it were the papercup pattern, i'd be 100% down with it, those are just blech

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Have people bitched the Raimi suits aren't in the game yet? loving hated that poo poo in the first game. Oh you want these suits that are literally no different than any other suit?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

twistedmentat posted:

Have people bitched the Raimi suits aren't in the game yet? loving hated that poo poo in the first game. Oh you want these suits that are literally no different than any other suit?

They are in the game...they are not the same as other suits.

These are ridiculous.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Glad to have the Hellfire Gala suits. I'll probably pick up the ugly 90's suits since they're for charity.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I dunno, I like how stupid they look. They'll make for funny cutscenes.

I want Venom to have one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Venom's costume should have the party heads from the movie. Actually it should just what he looked like in that scene, mic and all.