Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Yup that post has it basically covered. Get volatile magic from:

1) farming LW4 zones with karmic boost
2) volatile harvesting tools
3) farm eternal ice from strikes or alt parking in Bjora Marches and converting it to volatile magic

Then use the VM to buy trophy shipments. When you have too many T5 trophies, convert them to T6 in mystic forge (check fast farming to see if it’s profitable) or use them for crafting research notes.

Running Drizzlewood Coast metas will also give a lot of crafting materials via the reward track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Dang I was hoping there was like, a specific set of zones more likely to drop them form enemies that I could just get a bit of while doing my daily poo poo to help reduce the cost of that other stuff a bit. Oh well, looking forward to the wizard vault roll over next week.

ghost story
Sep 10, 2005
Boo.

Nuebot posted:

Dang I was hoping there was like, a specific set of zones more likely to drop them form enemies that I could just get a bit of while doing my daily poo poo to help reduce the cost of that other stuff a bit. Oh well, looking forward to the wizard vault roll over next week.

Just the weekly zones with the map bonuses. Those rotate - you could hang out this week in cursed shore, fireheart rise, frostgorge sound, malchor's leap, mt malestrom, and southsun cove for various t6s this week.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

You can target farm specific T6 trophies based on mob type and map bonuses but AFAIK it’s less efficient than VM farming unless you really only need one type of trophy

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

There are also the Jade Bot modules from End of Dragons that will get you extra trophy drops from all mobs. I think they pay for themselves in a reasonable amount of time.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Did the cursor turning into a different icon when salvaging break recently, or is my game just messed up?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

Did the cursor turning into a different icon when salvaging break recently, or is my game just messed up?

Just you, I've been doing a lot of salvaging and it's working like usual for me.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

It's happening for me as well.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Been like that for a while.

I think one of the salvages it changes back to the normal one after the first salvage, but the other one its says borked. Its annoying, and yes im old

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Haven't played this since PoF was fairly new, thinking about getting back in and checking things out.

If I add the F2P base game to my Steam account, can I then log in to that with my old account and still have access to my old characters and the two expansions I already bought?

EDIT: Seems to be working fine, even had a bunch of anniversary gifts waiting for me in the mail.

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 12:35 on May 20, 2024

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Reminder that the Wizard Vault shop refreshes tomorrow, so today is your last day to claim anything from the current cycle!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

That's just for the items below the featured banner, right? This is the first cycle I haven't played enough to unlock everything. Do they cost the same when they move to the legacy tab?

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Comrade Koba posted:

Haven't played this since PoF was fairly new, thinking about getting back in and checking things out.

If I add the F2P base game to my Steam account, can I then log in to that with my old account and still have access to my old characters and the two expansions I already bought?

EDIT: Seems to be working fine, even had a bunch of anniversary gifts waiting for me in the mail.

Be careful with this - I'm pretty sure Steam purchases (e.g. expansions) cannot be applied to accounts created outside of Steam, and vice versa.

gandlethorpe posted:

That's just for the items below the featured banner, right? This is the first cycle I haven't played enough to unlock everything. Do they cost the same when they move to the legacy tab?

The whole vault will reset, i.e. limited purchase items will be restocked/replaced, the unique things on the banner will move to the legacy tab. They get a little more expensive, but if you're playing actively, you'll easily be able to buy out all the valuable or unique items from the vault shop each cycle. The only things you can "lose" in a cycle are the limited purchase items that are not the unique rewards in the featured banner.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

gandlethorpe posted:

Mine also, but I just assumed it was deliberate & didn't question it, I assumed it was for ppl using different cursors for accessibility reasons but LOL if it's just a bug.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

..btt posted:

Be careful with this - I'm pretty sure Steam purchases (e.g. expansions) cannot be applied to accounts created outside of Steam, and vice versa.

I had access to my previously bought HoT and PoF content just fine when logging in from Steam. You just need to add a run command suffix in the settings so it lets you login with your Arena account instead of prompting you to create a new account.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Comrade Koba posted:

I had access to my previously bought HoT and PoF content just fine when logging in from Steam. You just need to add a run command suffix in the settings so it lets you login with your Arena account instead of prompting you to create a new account.

Yes, obviously, because you're logging into your non-Steam account. My point is that if you buy EoD or soto through Steam it can't be applied to your non-Steam account.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Update notes are up: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/146333-game-update-notes-may-21-2024/

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Its Incinerator time! :toot:

Also Dreamer, Frostfang and Juggernaut

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

the final boss is just the first nayros meta boss but with one additional mechanic. holy poo poo.

man. this was the worst expansion story they ever made. i still had a decent time but i really hope they take this xpac to heart and scale back next time so it doesn't feel half baked and spread way too thin.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The dyeable glowing runes on upgraded obby armor are pretty sick, I'll admit

Wonder what the requirements are...

Edit: wait, apparently not that bad

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 21, 2024

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023

Meeko posted:

the final boss is just the first nayros meta boss but with one additional mechanic. holy poo poo.

man. this was the worst expansion story they ever made. i still had a decent time but i really hope they take this xpac to heart and scale back next time so it doesn't feel half baked and spread way too thin.

Yeah uh, stopped playing at Nayos because it seemed like a bunch of half-baked early WoW era busywork, but imagine my surprise today to find out that it wasn't even finished! :lol:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Faxanadus posted:

Yeah uh, stopped playing at Nayos because it seemed like a bunch of half-baked early WoW era busywork, but imagine my surprise today to find out that it wasn't even finished! :lol:

I was grinding out a few of the special WV cheevos with friends yesterday and "it feels like they took all the wrong lessons away from WoW" was exactly how I felt about nayos. I love how many events are designed to be done on your skyscale, if not outright require it, but also flood the area with those obnoxious turrets that are invincible any time they're not spamming a full circular barrage of shots that take your skyscale down in two or three hits.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Nuebot posted:

I was grinding out a few of the special WV cheevos with friends yesterday and "it feels like they took all the wrong lessons away from WoW" was exactly how I felt about nayos. I love how many events are designed to be done on your skyscale, if not outright require it, but also flood the area with those obnoxious turrets that are invincible any time they're not spamming a full circular barrage of shots that take your skyscale down in two or three hits.

Whoever decided you should need to dash through them to kill them should be asked politely, but firmly, to leave.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Did they ever realize that the whole thing where wizards forget all their memories but are still tormented by them without being able to get closure was a terrible mistake?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

Did they ever realize that the whole thing where wizards forget all their memories but are still tormented by them without being able to get closure was a terrible mistake?

Dont be so rude, someone is working through some childhood trauma here!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I laugh every single time they refer to that group of powerful and important NPCs as The Wizards

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

story summary. spoilers, but if you're guessing what the ending is, you're correct.

eparch dies, peitha becomes king, the astral ward makes a peace treaty with the kryptis

eparch is vaguely revealed to have some kind of beef with isgarren. i'm pretty sure the beef is that mr. wizard wouldn't let mr. king mindlessly slaughter people and eat them. this does not meaningfully come up as part of the story so i really don't know why i included it

the kryptis are not deep in lore. "well we eat people" that's it. that's the explanation for... something? nothing relating to emotions or mind control is explored at all, and peitha does not offer to jack in to your brain for future expansions.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Twitch drops are pretty good this time around (Classic Outfit Selection for watching 6 hours till Monday).
Not sure which one I'll take, there's a bunch of cool ones, probably Mad King's?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
That Sure Was An Update That Took Months.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The skyscale target practice adventure is pretty awful. It feels like they had two adventures, a target game and a "fly through the hoops" superman 64 game and then mashed them together.

EDIT: Did the meta, that might be the worst boss in this game. Possibly out of any MMO I've played, really.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 23, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

oh dear

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

It's okay I got a rare and my choice of like ten of either of the horn of maguuma currencies for my efforts.

human of smells
Aug 25, 2023
i like the end boss of the meta but its weird when you play through all these metas on a map with some of the easiest content in the game then get hit with a hard dps check clusterfuck encounter. the fail state scene from it is probably my favorite thing from the expansion, atleast.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

human of smells posted:

i like the end boss of the meta but its weird when you play through all these metas on a map with some of the easiest content in the game then get hit with a hard dps check clusterfuck encounter. the fail state scene from it is probably my favorite thing from the expansion, atleast.

what happens i haven't seen it fail (yet)

human of smells
Aug 25, 2023
eparch makes a peitha burrito

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
It's like someone at Anet went "Remember how nearly the entire PvE fanbase hated the Soo-Won meta for being a grueling hp/mechanics check that had to be nerfed for anyone to stand a chance of beating it? Let's do that again but this time demons! They'll love it!"

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I'm annoyed that it's not on a timer and that even worse you have to do at least the wyvern meta first. If the pre-events were as rewarding as Drizzlewood it would be okayish, but they are definitely not.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Reminder that there's a balance patch preview stream today at noon Pacific

:pray: Conjures rework

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I’m with my kid for his annual checkup, so anyone who can livetweet it would be my hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nothing that seems huge yet, but some nice things so far:
  • Lower CDs on underutilized defensive utilities in PvE
  • CC's that are triggered by walking through something are getting an initial breakbar hit on cast so they aren't bad in PvE
  • Green fades away on untamed pets after some time