Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:siren: some notable releases for week 19 ( 05.06 - 05.12 )

Animal Well (PS5/Switch/PC, 05/09/2024)

Crow Country (PS5/X|S/PC, 05/09/2024)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I love the aesthetic of crow country, it's like they finally got the pre-rendered backgrounds of the day (Resident Evil, Final Fantasy VII, etc) and made it fully playable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrdkBkmcnss

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Ooohh its fully 3d? That makes more sense. First time ive seen it in motion, seen people going gaga over it and i was like, even poo poo like alone in the dark looked better on a dying crt on ps1.

Dunno why they bothered going for chibi models tho, looks kinda weird when youre trying to ape silent hill and resident evil

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

8th May

The Prisoner of the Night (PS5, PS4)

9th May

Animal Well (PS5)
Crow Country (PS5, PS4)
Gift (PS5)
Imagine Earth (PS5, PS4)
Pac-Man Mega Tunnel: Battle Chomp Champs (PS5, PS4)
Rainbow Cotton (PS5, PS4)

Kinda funny almost everything comes out in one day this week.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

boz posted:

I imagine he plays in a movie theater that is packed full of citizens who have to cheer for him.

*audience members eyeing each other with a knowing look as Dear Leader TK's a player to "take" his samples, they sigh and clap reluctantly*

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Jfc rebirth gold saucer :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Ooohh its fully 3d? That makes more sense. First time ive seen it in motion, seen people going gaga over it and i was like, even poo poo like alone in the dark looked better on a dying crt on ps1.

Dunno why they bothered going for chibi models tho, looks kinda weird when youre trying to ape silent hill and resident evil

FF7 has a similar vibe when you get to the part with blood and corpses everywhere. There's also the Nibelheim scene where Sephiroth commits mass murder.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

are there any recent games that do cool poo poo with the dualsense?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Postman posted:

are there any recent games that do cool poo poo with the dualsense?

FFVII Rebirth uses it to make a minigame extremely infuriating, so yes!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It has been awhile, but I will be doing a supplemental post of new games from the last month. Many good games have snuck in.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Stellar Blade does stereo rumble so you can actually tell in what direction the thing you’re feeling is

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

:hmmyes:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Harlock posted:

The juche is loose

:emptyquote:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

hell yeah

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ineffiable posted:

8th May

The Prisoner of the Night (PS5, PS4)

9th May

Animal Well (PS5)
Crow Country (PS5, PS4)
Gift (PS5)
Imagine Earth (PS5, PS4)
Pac-Man Mega Tunnel: Battle Chomp Champs (PS5, PS4)
Rainbow Cotton (PS5, PS4)

Kinda funny almost everything comes out in one day this week.

lol at all the Rainbow Cotton marketing going 'we make it good now, promise'

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Crow Country looks neat but I have too many games I need to play. I'll wishlist it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Wait the date is this early??? gently caress i ended up tifa i wanted aerith. :negative: both were blue and 1 bar from max... dammit.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Wait the date is this early??? gently caress i ended up tifa i wanted aerith. :negative: both were blue and 1 bar from max... dammit.

Is this your first time in the Golden Saucer? If so then it’s not the actual date

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Crow Country has a demo, cool.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Vikar Jerome posted:

When you finish the game you can replay the date with whatever character you choose.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Oof, it's done, the brainworms are calmer now.

Some advice for anyone who similarly attempts this:

I suspect the way the game is coded, any save that's "earned" a trophy on PS4 will not be capable of re-earning said trophy on PS5 when re-imported, the game flags trophies as a one-and-done thing, however the game is quite generous about save timing so you can almost always save seconds before a trophy pops on PS4, quit, import that save on PS5 and earn the trophy there.

This guide has a few issues but is overall very good and gets you the Plat (so the base game trophies) in about 25 hours.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/164592-fallout-4/faqs/73034

The main thing to note is there's a point in the guide where it says "you should have 10000 caps by now" but I'm fairly certain this is a typo and you only actually need one thousand. Also I got IS almost everywhere the guide said to, but skipped it for the quest where you ||teleport into the institute|| because there's a zone load that happens between the save and the potential for Idiot Savant to trigger and the PS4 version doesn't like constantly swapping between the save zone loading and the other zone loading and was prone to cash. At the very end of the game you can savescum to get Idiot Savant to trigger and likely hit 50 that way.

If you're looking to 100% all trophies including all the DLC ones, I recommend getting all of them except for Nuka-World out of the way first. Nuka-World is kind of lovely in a few ways and I recommend not exploring the park until you get the big quest that tells you to take over all the parts of the part, and then do a hard save because stuff in the park proper tends to break in a few ways in a way that isn't really recoverable. Of note is the "kiddie kingdom" zone, which gives you three tasks that appear to be doable in any order but you must do them in the order shown in the quest or the quest breaks and you can't complete it. Also note that the quest immediately following this "take over the park quest" that involves returning to Commonwealth is extremely likely to make you enemies with the Minutemen, so depending on how you want to do things you might want to make another hardsave here too to go back to.

One of the main trophy guides for Nuka-World isn't very accurate for how the trophy works, your best bet is to use Nuka-Power or Nuka-Sunrise because their effects last for several minutes (and completing the initial objectives in Dry Rock Gulch gives you several Nuka Wilds to make these with), and you can knock this out quickly early in the DLC while there are still enemies in the park (this DLC is weirdly "persistent" in that enemies don't respawn and bodies stay where they fell etc., if you've already cleared the park there are respawning enemies on the outskirts of the park but it's a far bigger pain in the rear end because it's slim pickings and I think only specific monsters count, like the bloodworms and ants).

And finally, the trophy for redeeming 100k Nuka-Cade tickets is straight bullshit and you should take advantage of the game's dupe glitch like I did so you're not sitting at the shooting gallery with a Spray 'n Pray for 2-3 hours.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Is this your first time in the Golden Saucer? If so then it’s not the actual date

In Rebirth yeah, og its later tho but they are making it sound like this is it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

ZeeBoi posted:

When you finish the game you can replay the date with whatever character you choose.

Lol no point by then

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

In Rebirth yeah, og its later tho but they are making it sound like this is it.

The real date is later, don't worry. You'll be warned very explicitly before it happens that you should make sure to spend time with (i.e. do the quests for) the person you want to go on the date with.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

You know when the date is in the OG, and it's the same in Rebirth. Don't let the game fool you into thinking it does something other than follow that same plot.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

SettingSun posted:

You know when the date is in the OG, and it's the same in Rebirth. Don't let the game fool you into thinking it does something other than follow that same plot.

I mean it hasnt so far.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I didn't do any sidequests or anything and was generally mean to everyone in the dialogue choices just to see what would happen. I assumed you would get the default date from the original, but instead I got a nice little friendship date that wasn't in the original bro date with Cait, Cid, Vincent. Google told me that is the 'punishment' option for not doing friendship quests, but I watched all the dates on youtube and thought the ones where Cloud escapes his love triangle for a bit were actually really solid overall. They did a good job on all of them, which I shouldn't be surprised about because they've done a good job with most everything I was nostalgic about.

Someday I will do some sidequest stuff, but the game is taking me long enough to beat as-is, even when I'm sprinting straight through every open-world area. I just wanna see the rest of the story first!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh hey, the PC version of Hades II is now in Early Access. I still have to get the true ending of the first game though, so I'll just keep plugging away at that until 2 releases.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

univbee posted:

Fun discovery I made.

- Steam's breakdown of regions is insanely granular
- DPRK is a valid Steam region
- Helldivers 2 was available for purchase there before this blew up

I choose to believe Kim Jong-Un personally intervened to make this happen.

Imagine all those party drones playing HD2 to spread democracy across the galaxy. For Super Earth!

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Did anyone playing Rise of the Ronin have problems with Izo Okada in The Ties that Bind mission? I’m completely out of my depth and unable to win here and I think my game is soft-locked unless I can beat him. One combo almost kills me and I have the max health upgraded. Is there a way to bail on a mission via the menu?

E: oh thank god after you fail enough times it lets you quit the mission

Wamsutta fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 6, 2024

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

there's a fair bit of stuff exiting the ps+ extra catalog mid month

Horizon Zero Dawn
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning
Wreckfest
Absolver Downfall
Abzu
Adrift
Ashen
Elex
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X | X-2
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
How To Survive 2
I Am Dead
Jotun
Last Stop
Minit
Moster Jam Steel Titans 2
My Friend Pedro
Observation
Sundered Eldritch Edition
The Artful Escape
The Messenger
This Is The Police
This Is The Police 2
World of Final Fantasy

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I managed to find a Portal recently, it's pretty great for my single-screen use case when I want to game. I'm skeptical about taking it anywhere but as a second screen I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lots of good games recently.
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP3735-CUSA42661_00-0526391947410186
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UB0438-PPSA22479_00-0378066578803727
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0814-PPSA21834_00-0202655950145128
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0891-PPSA19441_00-SCHEMINGTHROU2RG
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP6718-PPSA21830_00-0473183304905270
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP8603-CUSA47570_00-000EVILGODKORONE

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ain’t clicking a single one of those

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

Ain’t clicking a single one of those

At least 2 of them would interest you

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i clicked one, just for the thrill of it. it was some dumb looking game for 5 bucks. i don't recommend clicking any of these extremely vague and unhelpful links. my computer probably has a virus now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ShoogaSlim posted:

i clicked one, just for the thrill of it. it was some dumb looking game for 5 bucks. i don't recommend clicking any of these extremely vague and unhelpful links. my computer probably has a virus now.

I don't think Sony has viruses or malware on their website

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 7, 2024

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

more and more like steam every day, just needs the sex games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

big nipples big life posted:

more and more like steam every day, just needs the sex games.

Stellar Blade just came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Mr Hootington posted:

I don't think Sony has viruses or malware on their website

Their poo poo is constantly hacked lol