Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
Excited for impact to debut on axs and crush AEW and wwe in the ratings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Lid posted:

Orton is long rumoured to want out of WWE so expect a tonne of money to be thrown his way

I want Randy Orton to stay as far away from AEW as possible.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Is there a specific reason that's a thing now?

Getting good numbers in the 18-49 demographic is increasingly important because a lot of the big advertisers are trying to sell you on a specific brand out of several extremely similar choices, and by the time you're 50, you've made up your mind about what kind of toothpaste you like, what soda you buy, what auto maker you prefer, that kind of thing.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1179906769285517312

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

but... he's from Winnipeg... idiot?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Bard Maddox posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Irvine

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Infidel Castro posted:

I want Randy Orton to stay as far away from AEW as possible.

I know he's a bit old and hasn't had good matches in a long time but I'd be interested in seeing him in AEW.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wouldn't like randy orton to go to AEW but I would like that a lot more than Jake Hager so whatever

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

daddy played for the rangers

chris was born literally one town over from me

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
drat you were one town away from living some place cool and important

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

pfft, who'd he ever beat?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I would like to see Randy have a character for the first time in 15 years. For a main eventer consistently for that long and to have no designatable isentity other than tall and women love him and a solid wrestler is kind of insane. He cant remake himself in WWE and will never be a Hall of Famer given well its Randy Orton. He might finally be able to elevate himself.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Lid posted:

Rewatching AEW and god the real success story for this is the lighting. It FEELS so packed and like the crowd is part of the show rather than with them being spectators to an overly lit ring.

yea I noticed the lighting too. it has a more dramatic and visceral feel.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Phoenixnjpw/status/1179818114092916736?s=20

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
they think its a cute child imitator, but that is actually an adult little person, as show by their alcohol purchasing bracelet

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

For as long as AEW is alive this will be in the OP.

Until I forget next week.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Lid posted:

Orton is long rumoured to want out of WWE so expect a tonne of money to be thrown his way
WWE main eventers must be on cloud nine rn because you could just lie your rear end off and say you want to leave and then the mcmahons will dump trucks of money on your yard and say 'nooooope'

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Clementine Cassidy

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status...ingawful.com%2F

Alright then gently caress all this noise.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I don't know Jack Swagger because I hadn't been watching when he was around but all this stuff about his politics makes it a really weird signing for AEW.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Yeah if he's continuing to hitch his wagon to Trump then perhaps AEW need to rethink his hiring.

Not to say I'll stop watching AEW but I'm totally gonna be zoned out during his matches.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I was on the Hager train but nevermind now; super disappointing

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i doubt they fire him but hopefully he never rises above "hired goon for jericho"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

Yeah if he's continuing to hitch his wagon to Trump then perhaps AEW need to rethink his hiring.

Not to say I'll stop watching AEW but I'm totally gonna be zoned out during his matches.

Hotching his wagon to Trump is bad, especially given AEW making huge inroads to democrats of all things, but given that is two days ago and Nyla Rose this is real loving bad. The Santana and Ortiz connect was "haha Meximerica lives" but this cannot be explained away at all other than straight up transphobia.

If it was years ago they could play the well years ago card and a lack of exposure. This is two days and he was already employed. Theres no way to spin this or show remorse.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah if he's continuing to hitch his wagon to Trump* then perhaps AEW need to rethink his hiring.

*The Bucks' dad does this too IIRC. Even if you think they and/or Cody didn't vote for him (Tony's dad did), it's not been a disqualifier for them thus far

The transphobia absolutely should be though, dude doesn't belong in the same building as Nyla if this is how he feels about her, beyond the fact it's unsafe for her to be there at the same time as people who think that

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Him being transphobic is definitely a new piece of info to me and a huge "uhhhh...?" given AEW's roster and public statements about not tolerating bigotry.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Perhaps management hired him under the condition he drop his homophobia, and the slightest slip up will get him fired.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

im going on the record as saying i dont like hagger and didnt like him joining jericho, the transphobia is just more reason to not like him

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Alright so have Orange Cassidy squash him next week and dump in in a shipping crate labeled "back to LU," problem solved

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Perhaps management hired him under the condition he drop his homophobia, and the slightest slip up will get him fired.

... 48 hours ago?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Khan said he's been signed for a while

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's probably a mix of tony being a mark for anyone with a bit of a name and hager being friendly with jericho, cody, or both. nothing excusable

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Swagger and Cody are probably friends from their time in catering together

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dang it swagger

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

OctoberCountry posted:

Khan said he's been signed for a while

Lid posted:

... 48 hours ago?

Oh well then gently caress

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

hmm liking that tweet seems like a slip up

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Show was good. Jake Heathcliff was an odd choice but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt wrestling and politics wise.

All out of doubt to benefit.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
oh my god

LividLiquid was right

:/

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
my prediction is that cody tells him to keep his mouth shut on social media and in public until he fucks off back to bellator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Yeah this is a deal breaker for me.