Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
What's the problem with Cincinnati's offense? Surely it must be deeper than a strained calf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
O Line seems pretty bad

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

What's the problem with Cincinnati's offense? Surely it must be deeper than a strained calf.

Burrow loving sucks this year because he's hurt and Cincinnati doesn't care

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Save Borrow. Fire Zac Taylor.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

just gonna leave this here

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Lol AFC north aside from Baltimore

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Sunday Morning posted:

Even minor burns can be extremely painful until they've healed a bit.

The first time I ever used a dab rig, I was clueless about the physics so I ended up with two jelly bean-sized blisters on my fingers. I kept icing them for hours until I realized I'd just have to suffer for a bit. Burns are nasty, nasty pain.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
each time i see posters with incredibly successful football teams baying for blood because they let the opposing team score 3 points i feel even more disconnected from reality. jesus christ

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Ohio team

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
gently caress Tom Brady and gently caress the Patriots

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

football equivalent of skill issue

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Borsche69 posted:

football equivalent of skill issue

:hai:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Lady Radia posted:

each time i see posters with incredibly successful football teams baying for blood because they let the opposing team score 3 points i feel even more disconnected from reality. jesus christ

If you mean my posts, I have close to zero complaints about the game yesterday I'm just not heaping on praise for beating a very bad backup QB-led team. We still fumbled twice but that team won't make you pay for it. And we put the game away at halftime and didn't leave anything up to some stupid late game bounces or decisions like last week. That's what I like to see.

We might have still won against Watson but he probably wouldn't have made some of the extremely boneheaded decisions DTR did which he was doing just about every single drive.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

We might have still won against Watson but he probably wouldn't have made some of the extremely boneheaded decisions DTR did which he was doing just about every single drive.

The Browns had one of the best defenses in the league, and the Ravens with a really beat up offense still managed to drop 28 points on them because Lamar is magic as long as he is healthy. Also consider yourself lucky that every owner refused to give Lamar the deal he wanted because they are cowards and worked together to stop fully guaranteed contracts. The Ravens had no plan B at QB and weren't going to match what Lamar was looking for if he got it.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Tom Sellout posted:

gently caress Tom Brady and gently caress the Patriots

Oh! Oh hell yeah!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

syzpid posted:

The Browns had one of the best defenses in the league, and the Ravens with a really beat up offense still managed to drop 28 points on them because Lamar is magic as long as he is healthy. Also consider yourself lucky that every owner refused to give Lamar the deal he wanted because they are cowards and worked together to stop fully guaranteed contracts. The Ravens had no plan B at QB and weren't going to match what Lamar was looking for if he got it.

Yes but did you ever consider, gently caress John Harbaugh?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a neat cape posted:

How do you break people's brains every year and get them so mad.

I love you

Legit went from being one of the people mad to one of the people loving him over the years because of the level of commitment to the bit

I don't even care if it's a bit anymore :rubby: it's 50% this and 50% birds, and it all feels natural and smooth. When all else changes, this stays the same

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I've been trying to make a Marcus Williams Pectoral Sandpiper joke the whole drat year but its just not materializing

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Mega64 posted:

NFC has both the only two undefeated teams (Eagles, 49ers) and the only two winless teams (Bears, Panthers). The AFC has much more parity.

Hell, the entire AFC South is a beautiful 2-2.

Perfectly symmetric. I do miss that about the old 16 game season. 8 - 8 was such an underwhelming record that you had no clue how the season went.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

"I have terrible news for you, concerning jets"

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seems healthy. He’s definitely getting dumped for a 2026 7th round pick swap.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1708841681724780829?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My diabetic son got to see Mark Andrews catch 2 TDs yesterday. Ravens clearly learned from their Indy nonsense because they started running out the clock halfway through the third quarter.

I love the Ravens! Pickettsburgh's career gonna get stopped short by Kyle Hamilton next week. Go Birds!

Edit: Just remembered Picketts knee.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 2, 2023

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

syzpid posted:

Yes the Browns have a top defense and yes Lamar did very well passing today but the Browns were fielding an offense down two major weapons(Watson may be declined but hes miles better than DTR) and were setting up the defense to fail. The Ravens didnt have to take any risks and could just wait for the Browns defense to buckle. No matter how good a defense is if you keep giving a a competent offense the ball eventually they are going to succeed.

The Browns offensively needed to play conservatively but failed that right away with that interception to Stephens and going down a TD right away. Thats the one thing you CANNOT do. You have to make the Ravens drive the ball against your top defense. Instead DTR wasnt checking down like he should have.

I dont know what Lamars contract has to do with any of this but the reason the Ravens were so firm with not giving a guaranteed deal was they knew none of the other owners would either. If that hadnt been the case nobody knows what the Ravens approach would have been.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Jags fans: how did you guys lose 20 in a row in '20-21?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

Jags fans: how did you guys lose 20 in a row in '20-21?

you heard of this urban meyer fella

kidcoelacanth fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 2, 2023

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

kidcoelacanth posted:

your heard of this urban meyer fella

oh lmao,I'd actually forgotten about his nfl tenure

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah the year before Urbz the Doug Marrone Jaguars won week 1 against the Colts then went 0-15 after that. Then... Lapdances came to town and we all know that story.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Even when the Jags are at their worst they'll still find a way to beat the Colts and Bills.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Mega64 posted:

Even when the Jags are at their worst they'll still find a way to beat the Colts and Bills.

The Jacksonville Jaguars have not beaten the Texans in Jacksonville since 2017. The overall record of the Texans and Jags since 2011 is 21-5. This has spanned some of the worst teams the Texans have ever fielded.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1708882919123570749?t=8eoAH7fXazzRpCXoMQIpKQ&s=19

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Major analytics breakthrough right there

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Lmao. The Browns. Lmao. But okay if he didn’t feel like he was good to go.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Now no means no

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Now no means no

drat

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Watson didn't get his pregame massage & knew he couldn't operate without that crucial post-:gizz: clarity.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CharlestheHammer posted:

Now no means no

:wow:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1708965791947726974?s=46

where a decent chunk of america is spared eagles-jets

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

All of you are welcome

Adbot