Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GuyUpNorth posted:

"really baffling with no context" seems to describe half of Jojolion(?), but that's for manga thread to elaborate.

all of jojo is loving insane without context while in-context it usually makes perfect sense somehow

non-context-haver: what the fuuuuuck

jojo fan: hm yes that man made a deadly squirrel out of his hand this is logical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

ChaseSP posted:

A stand that just causes chronic disease but doesn't really debilitate people.

The stand that makes people poo poo their pants... has no weakness.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Archenteron posted:

The stand that makes people poo poo their pants... has no weakness.

My stand, Cat Scratch Fever, causes a minor itch between anyone's shoulder blades!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i have a stand that can raise the tensile strength of fabrics

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Best Jeanist?

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I guarantee you this stand would be busted as gently caress

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Off the top of my head that makes your plainclothes into nearly-impervious armor, and lets you turn handkerchiefs or pants into hardened clubs, or maybe knives if you can get em sharp somehow. You could use the same principles to also 'freeze' your enemies - holding their pants solid with your stand means they can't run around at all, anyone in a long sleeve shirt couldn't bend their elbows or shoulders. Solidifying/hardening clothing has plenty of uses.

Certainly not a god-tier stand but definitely not low-tier, either. It'd basically be a variant on Spice Girl.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The worst stand ability is the one Holly gets, that gives her the power to lie in bed slowly dying.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

god loving drat Cioccolata’s voice is on point

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this anime adaptation is a precious gift that I’m afraid could be taken away at any moment and if we make it to a Part 7 anime being announced I’m probably gonna cry

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

The worst stand ability is the one Holly gets, that gives her the power to lie in bed slowly dying.
I wonder what her power would actually have been, had she have been able to handle it.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Butt Ghost posted:

I wonder what her power would actually have been, had she have been able to handle it.

Whatever it was, can we agree it would be called Budding Holly?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I was just rereading the old parts since they got posted to Shonen Jump's site and it's kind of funny how quickly the stands went from tarot cards to "hmm, there's not that many tarot cards, gently caress. uhh, uhh... music references! hell yeah!"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mimesweeper posted:

I was just rereading the old parts since they got posted to Shonen Jump's site and it's kind of funny how quickly the stands went from tarot cards to "hmm, there's not that many tarot cards, gently caress. uhh, uhh... music references! hell yeah!"

TBF, they were already giving most of the characters music references for names, so extending it to the Stands wasn't too much of a stretch.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Mimesweeper posted:

they went to Egyptian Gods before musical references, but yeah :v:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Augus posted:

this anime adaptation is a precious gift that I’m afraid could be taken away at any moment and if we make it to a Part 7 anime being announced I’m probably gonna cry

the fact that they made it past part 3 probably means they're going all the way

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Six is the end of the original saga and continuity, so there's a fair chance they might call it a wrap with that. Especially as Steel Ball Run is just so drat long it'd have to have a two season 48 episode run minimum.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Isnt seven by far the most hype part of the entire series? Seems a real shame to stop right before you get to it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part 7, steel ball run, is pretty well regarded by a lot of people as either in their handful of favorites or their outright favorite. the ones who absolutely hate it seem to be a vanishingly tiny minority from what i've seen. i would love to get an anime of it but i can never be sure. going through part 6 seems fairly likely at this point but steel ball run would be a heavy task to undertake.

on a related note there's plans to set up a Let's Read Steel Ball Run thread a bit later, partially because even if we do eventually get an anime for it it'd literally be 5+ years until then at this point, i think, and it'd be cool to have something going on after the vento aureo anime is done for a while. it's the longest part by far so it'd be a good read.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

How long did it take them to announce part 5 anime after part 4 finished? Felt like it took forever. At this rate, yeah, part 7 probably won't come out for well over 5 or 6 years which is such a shame because it seriously has some of the best fights and characters. Hopefully they speed things up and announce part 6 for next year, or at least the year after. Jolyne would be such a perfect fit to keep riding the jojo fashion train coming out in Japan recently.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

on a related note there's plans to set up a Let's Read Steel Ball Run thread a bit later, partially because even if we do eventually get an anime for it it'd literally be 5+ years until then at this point, i think, and it'd be cool to have something going on after the vento aureo anime is done for a while. it's the longest part by far so it'd be a good read.

Just started Steel Ball Run and would be extemely down for this.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

AlphaKeny1 posted:

How long did it take them to announce part 5 anime after part 4 finished? Felt like it took forever. At this rate, yeah, part 7 probably won't come out for well over 5 or 6 years which is such a shame because it seriously has some of the best fights and characters. Hopefully they speed things up and announce part 6 for next year, or at least the year after. Jolyne would be such a perfect fit to keep riding the jojo fashion train coming out in Japan recently.

There was a 20 month gap between the end of Part 4 and the announcement of Part 5 which started airing less than 2 months after the announcement in October 2018.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
phrasing things in terms of Cours:
there was a 4 cour gap between the part 1/2 anime and the part 3 anime
a 3 cour gap between the part 3 anime and the part 4 anime
and a whopping 7 cour gap between the part 4 and part 5 series

also worth looking at the series made by David that came out between parts:
between parts 2 and 3 we had the neptunia anime
there were no series that came out between parts 3 and 4
between parts 4 and 5 we've had a poo poo ton of series come out between them: Monster Hunter Stories: Ride On (which actually started 2/3rds into part 4), Sagrada Reset, Captain Tsubasa (which didn't end until recently, between Notorious BIG and Spice Girl), and Cells at Work.
There have been multiple anime from the studio announced to come out after part 5: Fire Force, Ensemble Stars (both scheduled to start around the same time part 5 ends), and Strike Witches: Road to Berlin (scheduled to come out in 2020, but no further dates given).

Overall it looks like David tends to have at most 2 series airing at once.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

phrasing things in terms of Cours:
there was a 4 cour gap between the part 1/2 anime and the part 3 anime
a 3 cour gap between the part 3 anime and the part 4 anime
and a whopping 7 cour gap between the part 4 and part 5 series

also worth looking at the series made by David that came out between parts:
between parts 2 and 3 we had the neptunia anime
there were no series that came out between parts 3 and 4
between parts 4 and 5 we've had a poo poo ton of series come out between them: Monster Hunter Stories: Ride On (which actually started 2/3rds into part 4), Sagrada Reset, Captain Tsubasa (which didn't end until recently, between Notorious BIG and Spice Girl), and Cells at Work.
There have been multiple anime from the studio announced to come out after part 5: Fire Force, Ensemble Stars (both scheduled to start around the same time part 5 ends), and Strike Witches: Road to Berlin (scheduled to come out in 2020, but no further dates given).

Overall it looks like David tends to have at most 2 series airing at once.

Knowing that they make Strike Witches is disappointing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This is the first World Witches project they've done.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

WilliamAnderson posted:

Sometimes you make the bad anime to pay for the good anime

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

My favorite stand is probably still sun, because it's just the sun, which is incredibly stupid in a really entertaining way. Like if we're talking stand lottery his ticket was just a word scrawled on a bar napkin in crayon.

E: at the same time he would have been able to kill every villain in part 1 and 2 with no issues, so his dumbass stand is still dangerous (for vampires(probably))

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 15, 2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

My favorite stand is probably still sun, because it's just the sun, which is incredibly stupid in a really entertaining way. Like if we're talking stand lottery his ticket was just a word scrawled on a bar napkin in crayon.

E: at the same time he would have been able to kill every villain in part 1 and 2 with no issues, so his dumbass stand is still dangerous (for vampires(probably))

I mean, it's basically a giant laser artillery battery. It's not to be hosed with (provided he himself can find and stay in some decent cover).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Sometimes you make the bad anime to pay for the good anime

We went over this when they did Neptunia, that's not how production budgets work.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i dearly hope part 6 is announced the moment part 5 ends because it is the best part and i want to see so many of those fights animated (and stands renamed).

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Kuvo posted:

i dearly hope part 6 is announced the moment part 5 ends because it is the best part and i want to see so many of those fights animated (and stands renamed).

Look part 6 has the best JoJo, part 7 is the best part

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Grapplejack posted:

The Sun owned because it was borderline invincible for how simple it was.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Can it lower it too? You could pull off some stupid poo poo like rappelling down a building with dental floss (and causing the people following you to fall 5 stories down when thier nylon ropes suddenly pull apart)

Butt Ghost posted:

Echoes is the stand that everyone who should have died gets

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

WilliamAnderson posted:

Waffleman_ posted:

This is the first World Witches project they've done.

yeah all the previous series were done by different studios, like Gonzo, AIC, etc

(actually wait, David was founded by former Gonzo people, so maybe that's a reason why they're on this upcoming series)

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 15, 2019

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Grapplejack posted:

The Sun is pretty good but that episode sucked rear end except for the ending where it just kind of abruptly ends.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that episode was perfect for laughing jotaro

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
everyone losing their mind cause they realized how they had been fooled was very good and funny

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
saw ep... that guy is dookie

Also people being born with stands is still a thing. Who said there was never another meteorite we don't know about?

also my friend got me this shirt for my bday

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kuvo posted:

the flaccid cookie fight is gonna rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
really excited for the episode

That is all