Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's like dozens of rivers in England called the Avon River since Roman times. Guess what Avon means in Latin!

'Full of Eels'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's like dozens of rivers in England called the Avon River since Roman times. Guess what Avon means in Latin!

This just made me remember that the Irish word for river is "abhainn", pronounced awin/awen, so I'm guess they share a common root.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kiddy-Diddler?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Interesting that before the Romans nobody in Britain noticed the large flowing bodies of water

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
The guy in Blakes 7?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Wait, so you're saying the butterfly represents both transitioning from one thing to another and it's a MONARCH butterfly? Wow, I really hope the rear end cancer starts doing its thing.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Interesting that before the Romans nobody in Britain noticed the large flowing bodies of water

Some kind of Pictish sorcery!

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

portrait reminds me of sir Millais on st Newman.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Sexarse

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/OracleFilmsUK/status/1790519425474699312

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Mozi posted:

Sexham-on-Rye

Big username potential

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Rassle posted:

It belongs in a museumBathdoom!

Like the one designed by BeatsMstrJ?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
move the red dot through the blue castle to find the royal coffee mug, then find the royal nozzle (it's the thing that looks like a wizard hat) in the green castle, then defeat the dragon for the royal bag

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

River in Latin is fluvius. Avon comes from the old Gaelic Britons' word for river, so

Pookah posted:

This just made me remember that the Irish word for river is "abhainn", pronounced awin/awen, so I'm guess they share a common root.

got it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's good to know the Red King I've been having nightmares about is real. I was worried what it might say about me if my mind could invent horrors like that all on its own.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cocaine Bear posted:

Wait, so you're saying the butterfly represents both transitioning from one thing to another and it's a MONARCH butterfly? Wow, I really hope the rear end cancer starts doing its thing.

I read this as The Monarch

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

purplestuffedworm
Oct 11, 2012

Disappointed it's not the goat-man, 3/10

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i think the painting is kinda cool actually

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

e: I just need to point out that all my posts are stolen goods. I have no idea who made the above masterpiece, and neither does the thief who I stole it from.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 18, 2024

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

:lol:

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Oh hell yes

carbunclemitts
May 17, 2024

by Fluffdaddy
When are we finally getting proof that William is cheating on Kate?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

carbunclemitts posted:

When are we finally getting proof that William is cheating on Kate?

You simpleton, you don't need proof when it's patently true. Unbelieve buffoonery.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

It belongs in a museum

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
is he red yet?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

staberind posted:

is he red yet?

sometimes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Red Charles
Red Charles
Red Charles

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Is royal cancer really getting all of them?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redshirt posted:

Red Charles
Red Charles
Red Charles

No, no, no, my sisters friend told me it's like five times you need to say it, and in front of a mirror, with the lights off if you want him to appear and kill you. oh, oh, and it obviously needs to be at midnight.

And my sisters friend like knows everything, she like real smart and and knows all about demons and dark magic and stuff. (she even got her belly button pierced, but like don't tell anyone as like her parents would get totally mad if they ever found out).

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That's some serious Bloodborne looking poo poo. Or the bit in BvS where Lex Luthor is talking to Space Satan.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

staberind posted:

is he red yet?

I mean he did say he wanted to be a tampon.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

not a bot posted:

I mean he did say he wanted to be a tampon.

part of the metaphysical work of an artist is to

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

red Charles at night red Charles at night

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
Considering how much the peasants are talking about this painting it is a clearly a modern masterpiece

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv22l5nw4epo

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023

Charles doesn't want to be fed, he wants to hunt. You can't just suppress 65 million years of gut instinct.

Peter Falk fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 20, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

RED KING
RED KING
RED KING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

quote: