Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nobara made a binding vow to sacrifice all of her future life except for 5 minutes of fighting Sukuna in the future (which she wisely predicted would happen). So she will return from the Void to make one powerful attack against Sukuna.

Sukuna will be impressed by the attack, but not meaningfully damaged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ytlaya posted:

Nobara made a binding vow to sacrifice all of her future life except for 5 minutes of fighting Sukuna in the future (which she wisely predicted would happen). So she will return from the Void to make one powerful attack against Sukuna.

Sukuna will be impressed by the attack, but not meaningfully damaged.

Nobara will bully Megumi awake.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Nobara will come back when it is revealed she made a binding vow as she was dying to survive in exchange for one of her eyes.

the eye of course will be replaced with one of the six eyes transplanted from gojo's body

also uh todo got one of higaruma's hands or something

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Sukuna whiffed his ult. Very relatable

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

https://tcb-backup.bihar-mirchi.com/chapters/7730/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-259

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
'Our victory.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgtv8PWdeIQ

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Uraume with the nah I'd win face is how you know it's finally over.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Hell yeah, dude.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

We almost got to live in a world where Choso, Yuji, and Todo got to have a brotherly team up. :negative:

Glad at least my prediction that Todo wouldn't just sit on the sidelines was validated, but the idea that Yuji might telepathically reveal any plans is so far unsubstantiated from what I can remember so this just comes across as a cheap way to hide the fact that he was going to show up at all from the reader. Especially when the plan seems to be to just have Todo sit on the sidelines and wait for the possibility of Sukuna managing to use his Domain and catching everyone in it, like that would deter Sukuna at all.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Will we finally get an answer to what is Sukuna's type of woman?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

We almost got to live in a world where Choso, Yuji, and Todo got to have a brotherly team up. :negative:

Glad at least my prediction that Todo wouldn't just sit on the sidelines was validated, but the idea that Yuji might telepathically reveal any plans is so far unsubstantiated from what I can remember so this just comes across as a cheap way to hide the fact that he was going to show up at all from the reader. Especially when the plan seems to be to just have Todo sit on the sidelines and wait for the possibility of Sukuna managing to use his Domain and catching everyone in it, like that would deter Sukuna at all.

I agree but I could see Sukuna maneuvering more to make sure everybody would be as close to the epicenter of the domain as possible before starting, so if we assume that somehow the resonance is real, it'd make sense.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I marked out

yota821
Sep 3, 2006
Yuji is basically the Tom Holland of JJK :dumbgun:

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
TODOOOOOOOO

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Theres absolutely no reason for Todo to not have been present in any of the flashbacks or group discussions. Seems he was left out just to "surprise us" when he finally came back but with no good reason why he was gone. But you know what? Todo is one of the best characters in the manga so fine, bring him back. His power allows for very awesome fight choreography so lets loving go.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Guess it was him doing the switch when Yuta went after Kenny, and not Rikka.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jerkface posted:

Theres absolutely no reason for Todo to not have been present in any of the flashbacks or group discussions. Seems he was left out just to "surprise us" when he finally came back but with no good reason why he was gone. But you know what? Todo is one of the best characters in the manga so fine, bring him back. His power allows for very awesome fight choreography so lets loving go.

Isn't the rationale that the crew were afraid if Yuji knew Todo was part of the plan, Sukuna would be able to intuit it as well because of their bond?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Somberbrero posted:

Isn't the rationale that the crew were afraid if Yuji knew Todo was part of the plan, Sukuna would be able to intuit it as well because of their bond?

That is the rational for not knowing Todo is gonna use boogie woogie, but why can't Todo have been around helping plan and commenting on the fights????? Like THAT doesnt make sense. We dont need to know he has boogie woogie back.
He was dropped from the manga entirely the last arc!

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 10, 2024

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Todo was the omniscient narrator with his 530,000 IQ.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Conspiratiorist posted:

Todo was the omniscient narrator with his 530,000 IQ.

there should be a special blu ray where all the old lady narration is replaced with todo va

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jerkface posted:

there should be a special blu ray where all the old lady narration is replaced with todo va

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Todo ripping off his cast like he would his shirt. Todowns

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Jerkface posted:

That is the rational for not knowing Todo is gonna use boogie woogie, but why can't Todo have been around helping plan and commenting on the fights????? Like THAT doesnt make sense. We dont need to know he has boogie woogie back.
He was dropped from the manga entirely the last arc!

i can see the rationale. even just knowing todo's around would give sukuna enough notice to at least consider that boogie woogie is still in play, we've already seen sukuna demonstrate an absurd level of strategic thinking so why even risk him catching on if you can avoid it

perfect chapter no notes (okay one note why didn't my baby boy get to live)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

TheHan posted:

i can see the rationale. even just knowing todo's around would give sukuna enough notice to at least consider that boogie woogie is still in play, we've already seen sukuna demonstrate an absurd level of strategic thinking so why even risk him catching on if you can avoid it

Just have sukuna not do that? its not a documentary so we're using a justification that was brought up literally this chapter to have excluded a well liked character from the previous ~100 chapters. As far as we, the reader, knew - Todo no longer had boogie woogie. Why would sukuna think he has boogie woogie if Todo is around to chop it up with the rest of the cast? I get the in chapter justification for keeping Yuji in the dark about Todo having his power back. I don't think it passes the smell test on bringing Todo back *now* though! For me this is just another example of the spotty writing that has defined this final arc

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
All of this still hinges on some hypothetical that Sukuna and Yuji share a bond to the point that information can pass between them after they separated. Choso had a similar bond but it only extended to knowing when his brothers underwent transformation and practically only alerted him to their dying moment. Yuji learning Sukuna's technique is a product of their time bonded and subsequent awakening but Sukuna has pulled nothing from Yuji save a full blown contempt for the lad. Even the moment Sukuna foresaw Yuji's black flash isn't unique to him since Mahito also experienced it. .

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Jerkface posted:

Just have sukuna not do that? its not a documentary so we're using a justification that was brought up literally this chapter to have excluded a well liked character from the previous ~100 chapters. As far as we, the reader, knew - Todo no longer had boogie woogie. Why would sukuna think he has boogie woogie if Todo is around to chop it up with the rest of the cast? I get the in chapter justification for keeping Yuji in the dark about Todo having his power back. I don't think it passes the smell test on bringing Todo back *now* though! For me this is just another example of the spotty writing that has defined this final arc

yeah narratively sukuna could not do that, but gege also clearly really wanted this moment lol. personally i'm not too broken up on todo being absent this whole time, since this moment really does it for me and the story hasn't really suffered from lack of todo. i think it's fair to say that the justification given isn't perfect but to me this is like a smelly gouda (delicious)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yuji DID appear to be aware of both higuruma's knife plan as well as maki surprise which were the two aspects of the plan that actually relied on secrecy far more than Todo emergency backup did. Which makes this even more confusing. I'll just take it for what it is, a thin context to have our surprise guest.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

good chap. very funny that choso and todo are not allowed to be in the manga at the same time. yuji has a one brother limit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No Wave posted:

Yuji DID appear to be aware of both higuruma's knife plan as well as maki surprise which were the two aspects of the plan that actually relied on secrecy far more than Todo emergency backup did. Which makes this even more confusing. I'll just take it for what it is, a thin context to have our surprise guest.

Yeah, the "We had to keep it secret so Yuji didn't spill the beans" thing doesn't really work when they had multiple plans that specifically revolved around Yuji being in on a secret. Dude just wanted to bring back Todo and doesn't super care if it makes sense, which is fine.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Furnace just being a straight nuke is pretty impressive, lol that it only killed Choso tho.

Art was somewhat rough except the 2 first spreads, I hope Gege is healthy to give us some cool choreography now that Todo's back

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I think the author merely kept some info from the reader in order to give it to them at a more dramatic and pleasing time to fit pacing and narrative structure and that is normal and fine

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I hadn't noticed Uraume's panel on the speedscans lmao. Could that actually be self-referential or only unintentionally funny?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

I believe the only plan of note Yuji was privy to was Yuta breaking off to deal with Kenjaku while Kashimo engaged Sukuna first, and possibly not until the last minute or with any specifics, plus the general outline of having Higuruma attempt to retrial Sukuna and Ui Ui transporting fighters in and out of the battlefield as needed.

Maki's surprise attack is probably what they're referring to with "Okkotsu's plan" and that's reasonable. Having Todo held in reserve as a final anti-domain tactic also makes sense since his CT could be invaluable in that manner whereas as a brawler he's hampered by not possessing RCT. The fact that this is all kept in the dark from the audience until it comes into play is ultimately just narrative whimsy; "where is Todo?" is something people have been asking since the end of the Shibuya arc, and given the timeskip after Gojo was released you'd assume he had enough time to recover from his wounds, so where was he? Did he get terminally hosed up by Idle Transfiguration? Did Gege just forget about him?

"He was just being kept behind the curtain for the suspense." Oh, ok.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This is the most "it's so over, we've never been so back chapter of all time

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I think the author merely kept some info from the reader in order to give it to them at a more dramatic and pleasing time to fit pacing and narrative structure and that is normal and fine

But the author did not merely do that, they justified it in-universe in a way that does not make much sense.

It's not too surprising though, the whole story has rules and exceptions added to fit the narrative rather than having the narrative written around those rules and exceptions.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I’m convinced she’s not dead

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Nobody told Yuji yet but the actual, for realsies, secret plan is to have him awaken enough through trial by fire so that his soul resonates with Sukuna to 100% and then Nobara will hit Yuji in the balls with the nails and hammers, destroying Sukuna.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm kind of hoping we get to see yuta inside of yuji and vice-versa. Feel like the artist could have fun drawing the swapped characters in general.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I hope they stop showing the current battle and we go on a 50-chapter flashback showing Todo, Inumaki and Nobara having a bizarre offscreen adventure together where they learned new moves and also got Todo some new autographed merch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

I hope they stop showing the current battle and we go on a 50-chapter flashback showing Todo, Inumaki and Nobara having a bizarre offscreen adventure together where they learned new moves and also got Todo some new autographed merch.

let the TakaCon arc begin