Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

100 gecs suck poo poo

hello, 100 gecs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Anyone can identify as whatever they want but the Gamecube still faces discrimination

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
100 Gex Enter the Gecko

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I am once again demanding the 1.6 update for Stardew Valley on consoles be released ASAP. :colbert:

Sally posted:

100 Gex Enter the Gecko

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks of Gex whenever I hear/read discussion about the band.

I don't quite "get it" when it comes to hyper-pop or nightcore or whatever, but hey, I'm a Death Grips fan that also listens to vaporwave, so I too know the feeling of listening to music that people don't "get".

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 18, 2024

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm too old for anything like that except in the smallest doses. Here's something everybody will hate:

100gecs and Electric Callboy are the same thing for different people

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

More like 100 shits in my rear end

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

100 gecs rule, actually, as does the Nintendo Switch

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
I'd like to have 100 Sex whilst playing Kirby :colbert:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SilkyP posted:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

SilkyP posted:

Get that checked out NOW

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Only 61 years till Mario 100 gets released.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

a.lo posted:

Get that checked out NOW

Fecal transplants can be very beneficial, actually

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Palmtree Panic posted:

Only 61 years till Mario 100 gets released.

nice

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
more like 100 gex

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

100 gecs suck poo poo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Jesus Christ thread

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
No this is the Switch thread

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Paper Mario

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Just got Live A Live, started with the cave man hope I didn’t gently caress up but it seemed fitting to start with the earliest Live.
Laughing at the poop and farting attacks

Reminds me of the quality of 100 gecks music because it’s similar to fecal matter

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

hatty posted:

Paper Mario

flat italian gently caress

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SilkyP posted:

Just got Live A Live, started with the cave man hope I didn’t gently caress up but it seemed fitting to start with the earliest Live.
Laughing at the poop and farting attacks

Reminds me of the quality of 100 gecks music because it’s similar to fecal matter

The order you do the scenarios in won't have any effect on other scenarios

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hatty posted:

Paper Mario

it’s preloaded on my switch

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

hatty posted:

Paper Mario

Is loving rad and awesome.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Pay-Per-Mario

kidfresca
Dec 31, 2007

You're kidding, right?

John Lennon, Singer of The Beatles. He wrote the song "Imagine" and was shot and killed some time in the eighties.

Fuck has the WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!

Finished Lorelei and the Laser Eyes. To me, it's a masterpiece. Twin Peaks (vibe) meets Resident Evil 1 (exploration) meets Professor Layton (puzzles). Executes well on what it sets out to do. I was able to complete every puzzle on my own, and most were very gratifying to work out. 20-25 hour game. Visually stunning. Very intriguing.

Maybe it's not for everyone, especially considering you're encouraged to take notes with pen and paper. I ended up using about four pages myself. If you can get past that though, it's well worth the price of admission.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Premier Luigi Events

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

hatty posted:

Paper Mario

looking forward to revisiting that rear end

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

kidfresca posted:

Finished Lorelei and the Laser Eyes. To me, it's a masterpiece. Twin Peaks (vibe) meets Resident Evil 1 (exploration) meets Professor Layton (puzzles). Executes well on what it sets out to do. I was able to complete every puzzle on my own, and most were very gratifying to work out. 20-25 hour game. Visually stunning. Very intriguing.

Maybe it's not for everyone, especially considering you're encouraged to take notes with pen and paper. I ended up using about four pages myself. If you can get past that though, it's well worth the price of admission.

That sounds very interesting. Thanks!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why don't games like that take the notes for you in the game

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Honestly i thought dk64 was way older, seems wild it was the same year as pokemon silver and gold.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Gamerhombus

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

japtor posted:

Back to breakout games! My favorite is Gunbarich. It is available on Switch, even if it is a kinda funky emulated port looking thing.

Non breakout games, I hear Animal Well is swell.

Did you try out that newish Arkanoid game? Must have bombed hard since I picked up it on sale for a few bucks and it was all bots online. Game seemed fun though.

kidfresca
Dec 31, 2007

You're kidding, right?

John Lennon, Singer of The Beatles. He wrote the song "Imagine" and was shot and killed some time in the eighties.

Fuck has the WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Why don't games like that take the notes for you in the game

it does. most information you encounter is immediately accessible via a "photographic memory" menu. you're also provided an in-game calculator and a checklist populates as you encounter tasks and roadblocks. the notes help alleviate the burden of committing what you decode to memory and let you arrange information spatially or in a more useful order. it's doable without notetaking but more difficult.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't like taking notes in games because the truth is I can't read or write

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I don't like taking notes in games because the truth is I can't read or write

Don't worry, I've got your back with these

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
All notes should be drawings and pictures, no words allowed.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dived back into the Online Virtual Console Apps. Wanted something I could play without sound and would put me to sleep.

Turns out that was Breath of Fire. It's like DQ, just basic as hell JRPG. I'm glad I have two to dig into.

They sold GC games on the Virtual Console at some point right? I really hope the next iteration of the Switch will let us access those games.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

They sold GC games on the Virtual Console at some point right? I really hope the next iteration of the Switch will let us access those games.

don't think they have

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Dived back into the Online Virtual Console Apps. Wanted something I could play without sound and would put me to sleep.

Turns out that was Breath of Fire. It's like DQ, just basic as hell JRPG. I'm glad I have two to dig into.

breath of fire has a nice soundtrack so playing it without sound hurts it a bit.

it is very much a basic rpg though. it also becomes trivial once you unlock a power for your main character fairly early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

breath of fire has a nice soundtrack so playing it without sound hurts it a bit.

it is very much a basic rpg though. it also becomes trivial once you unlock a power for your main character fairly early.

I listened to the stuff through the first two dungeons, it's fine. I'm not missing much after the first two minutes of a loop. I wanted to do Mother: Beginnings, but the music is actually terrific so I'll have to grab some headphones for that, but that just adds to my wakefulness.