Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shinjobi posted:

I'm just a desperate man wandering through the desert, holding onto the slimmest of hopes that someone will punch/kick Sukuna in the wiener. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't, but dammit someone has to try.

Gege, hear my prayer.

Believe in _Todo_

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Sukuna has long since done a binding vow which traded his weiner for some bullshit in a fight.
He cannibalized his twin brother. He should have two weiners and 4 balls. So if he traded one there's still the other, ripe for the punching.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

getting kicked in the wiener generates so much cursing pain and hatred that it would make sukuna go super saiyan

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Jerkface posted:

getting kicked in the wiener generates so much cursing pain and hatred that it would make sukuna go super saiyan

yes this is why it should never happen. it's basically a power up in disguise

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Brought To You By posted:

He cannibalized his twin brother. He should have two weiners and 4 balls. So if he traded one there's still the other, ripe for the punching.

The reveal of the second weiner will be a turning point in the battle

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
He has a secret 5th arm and has been tapping his own sack the whole time.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Glad my fav character is back but kinda weird way to do it. "He probably managed to get everyone else out. Maybe." Isn't exactly a Hell Yeah moment

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Glad my fav character is back but kinda weird way to do it. "He probably managed to get everyone else out. Maybe." Isn't exactly a Hell Yeah moment

its gonna be even weirder when he unwraps his hand and its nobara's head grafted on there

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Eh. We know darn well he succeeded. It’s just being framed that way because A) he doesn’t know even if we the reader know it would be pointless to introduce this and not have him succeed B) it’s funnier.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yeah, I know the gang is fine but its just weird energy. In a different way than the usual weird energy Todo gives.

E: I guess in a way it just wasn't quite funny enough for me to go "Yeah! That's my dude right there!!"

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The reason he sounds unsure might be more related to any binding vows he had to take along with this new hand. But we haven't been told what is going on with that so the story is just saying people were on the fringes of BW's range and Gege is leaving it at that. I'd like Todo to be as confident about the transfer as he was in his previous appearances but this seems to be how the writer is drip feeding reveals and information.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Gege lost his binding vow condition to make the manga good

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm sure, this time, they have Sukuna dead to rights

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fabricated posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Fabricated posted:

he'll do a binding vow where he can remain alive but sealed inside a cursed object, like a reverse domain expansion, a domain contration

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Honest Thief posted:

he'll do a binding vow where he can remain alive but sealed inside a cursed object, like a reverse domain expansion, a domain contration

unfortunately for him he will get sealed inside something that throat goat Yuji could easily eat

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Domain Expansion: Glizzy Gulper

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Todo being back is awesome but at this point we've had so many "(X) is here and it is going to turn the tide, oh no Sukuna pulls something new out of his rear end and probably kills someone" moments that it's hard to tell if this is actually the moment that feels awesome or if Todo is going to get like five seconds to shine and we're waiting on Inumaki to show up and yell SELF SUCK at Sukuna or whatever.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

also unfortunately Todo already did this and it was executed way, way cooler the first time. Not that it wouldn't have been subject to diminishing returns anyways but it's repeating a high point of the manga except this time with no cool line or important thematic resonance

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I need someone to punch Yuji in the left testicle's soul so it hurts Sukuna as well.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Valentin posted:

also unfortunately Todo already did this and it was executed way, way cooler the first time. Not that it wouldn't have been subject to diminishing returns anyways but it's repeating a high point of the manga except this time with no cool line or important thematic resonance

This is the third time Todo has done this.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It’s kind of his thing

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
And I'll mark out every single time

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Todo also has been gone only slightly less time than Nobara and people were pointing out Nobara has been gone roughly half the manga. So it's super cool to see him again but it has been several years and something like 150 chapters since he last showed up which I think blunts the impact a bit. (Still rocks and if Nobara shows up it will also still rock.)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Just a thought. If Todo were to switch an object of smaller mass with one of vastly more mass. Directly next to something else. Could that be used to telefrag someone? Like if he were to throw a curse energy filled pebble next to Sukuna and then swap that pebble with a house-sized and energized boulder. Does Sukuna get pushed aside or does the part of him that occupies the space the boulder now exists in get hosed? Could he invent the Boogie Woogie equivalent to Hollow Purple?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

Todo also has been gone only slightly less time than Nobara and people were pointing out Nobara has been gone roughly half the manga. So it's super cool to see him again but it has been several years and something like 150 chapters since he last showed up which I think blunts the impact a bit. (Still rocks and if Nobara shows up it will also still rock.)

I think it being so long makes it pop off more.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

An element of note here is that Gege has described his authorial intent with Todo as a character that "makes you feel like everything is going to work out when he shows up."

Contrast with Nobara, whose inclusion in the story is speculated to have been an editorial mandate.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Which is wild because Nobara absolutely rules, she’s the best character that isn’t Todo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think I like Maki a bit more than Nobara but to be fair Maki has gotten a whole lot more screentime and her post-burning absolute shitwrecker look is fuckin' great.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like Nobara because she's a genuinely pretty weird character. It's hard for me to think of any other shounen manga characters similar to her.

edit: to contrast with Maki, I feel like that general type of character isn't that uncommon. The character also named Maki from Fire Force is a vaguely similar type - somewhat older girl who is swole and makes up for lack of magical powers with physical aptitude.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
nobara was absolute gold, both in her character, powerset and how gege utilized her in fights to create some of the most interesting matchups in the entire manga (the intensity of mahito vs. nobara is WILD). Maki's fights are fun but she doesn't play with the mechanics of the setting nearly as much as nobara does.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

To be fair not playing the mechanics of the setting is kinda Maki's thing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's too bad jujutsu society forgot todo existed because yuta with boogie woogie would have been kind of helpful.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Yuta used Boogie Woogie when he capped Kenny.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Oh yeah I'd forgotten. I feel like he'd be easier to write with a once per day limit on his borrowed techniques. (Has he ever used the same technique more than once in an encounter anyways?)

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

He used Sky Manipulation twice against Ryu, first to divert his beam then Thin Ice Breaker to land a good hit.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

No Wave posted:

It's too bad jujutsu society forgot todo existed because yuta with boogie woogie would have been kind of helpful.

he'd have to keep putting down the sword to clap

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

TheHan posted:

he'd have to keep putting down the sword to clap
Idk.

If he did, it would raise the question of whether he inherits binding conditions or not, and where the technique ends and the binding condition begins. Whether or not he actually used it is apparently a big debate online.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

clearly rikka clapped for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
boogie woogie also feels like one of those techniques that requires a bit of prep and an IQ of 530,000 to use effectively