Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Even if someone puts up enough money for BFG and maybe the tapings aren't they in so much debt that they'll still have to find a buyer immediately to avoid going under?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

You'd think if someone put up the money for BfG they're just going to use that as a final show, but then again, TNA

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Borash could probably do the whole PPV from the Hardy compound for like $500 so it won't take much for something to air on Sunday.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

RZApublican posted:

Even if someone puts up enough money for BFG and maybe the tapings aren't they in so much debt that they'll still have to find a buyer immediately to avoid going under?

It would keep them going until the next tapings I guess.

They're obligated to tour India before the year is up as well.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, if it happens it doesn't mean they're off the hook by any means. It just means Sunday happens

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
TNA is agonizingly wheezing its last, but I believe it still has one last eruption of poo poo left before it finally dies.

My guess is they string everyone along until about 6pm Sunday before shutting it down.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Do wrestlers pay for their own flights? I would never throw down a few hundred to TNA unless they paid my check in advance at this point

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Golashes posted:

Do wrestlers pay for their own flights? I would never throw down a few hundred to TNA unless they paid my check in advance at this point
If it wouldn't be a terrible thing for them, the talent flying in only to find out the show's been cancelled would be a fitting ending to TNA.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Why is 5PM the deadline?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

keevo posted:

Why is 5PM the deadline?

End of the business week.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

5:01 in Nashville, what's the scoops?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I'd assume the worst, but I'm not sure which is the worst

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Life finds a wAy https://twitter.com/tnadixie/status/781972141398974468

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Dogshit Dave is wrong again. Looks like Dixie has done it again.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Muddy Burphy posted:

End of the business week.

Can you not wire money after 5PM?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Congrats to Billy Corgan for funneling another large amount of money for probably an extra 5% stake in the company. Keep on living the dream, Billy.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/kaossm/status/502499324979580930

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Dixie's funding all of this out of her own pocket and she's going to go bankrupt in a couple of weeks, right

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

super macho dude posted:

TNA was always dead.

sonofabitch you made me giggle

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

lol I love TNA shine on you dead gay company

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
TNA Sucked.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
tna was always bad

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Please Go, TNA!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gavok posted:

Please Go, TNA!

please don't lie on this forum

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I legit don't want TNA to die.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

DM Punk posted:

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

please don't lie on this forum

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

DM Punk posted:

you are a monster

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TNA as an entity needs to die and the people who have run it for years need to leave the business forever but I'm not opposed to something rising from its ashes

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

oatgan posted:

TNA as an entity needs to die and the people who have run it for years need to leave the business forever but I'm not opposed to something rising from its ashes

look MRT, oatgan agrees Zwan was great

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I agree that TNA needs a massive overhaul with management, name, logo, etc. But, anyone who wants a viable place for wrestlers to work to cease to exist is an rear end in a top hat.

All the wrestlers I know and talk to regularly enjoy the company and love working there.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

oatgan posted:

WCW was like a phoenix and TNA arose from its ashes as a pigeon. What rises from a loving pigeon's ashes because that's what TNA is, a pigeon.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

DM Punk posted:

I agree that TNA needs a massive overhaul with management, name, logo, etc. But, anyone who wants a viable place for wrestlers to work to cease to exist is an rear end in a top hat.

All the wrestlers I know and talk to regularly enjoy the company and love working there.

Keyword there is 'viable.' Are wrestlers really better off having TNA as an option when TNA doesn't pay their wrestlers half the time?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

DM Punk posted:

This seems to be true of everyone currently employed and false for everyone previously employed.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Burt Buckle posted:

Keyword there is 'viable.' Are wrestlers really better off having TNA as an option when TNA doesn't pay their wrestlers half the time?

I haven't heard anyone (wrestlers) not getting paid by TNA. Most of the late pay stuff I've read about was on the production side.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DM Punk posted:

I am rooting for the backstage/production people to find better jobs that actually pay them

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mob posted:

look MRT, oatgan agrees Zwan was great

i always make a point to say that zwan was good when it comes up

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So are the Hardys going to go to the WWE when this is all over and done with? I can easily see them avoiding them entirely and migrating to Ring of Honor, especially if they keep their creative control intact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

oatgan posted:

I just want Eddie Edwards to be free

• Locked thread