Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Even Pep had a few... supplements to help him along.

Let's just hope it's before Cam completely falls apart and is held together with duct tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

FizFashizzle posted:

It’s going to take a full year or two of nfl weightlifting and nutrition (and cough supplements) for him to keep weight on.

He’ll be best used like the panthers used Davis his rookie year; as a specialty jack of all trades guy.

The panthers have enough talent at EDGE they’ll be able to survive.

Yeah I envision him in a hybrid outside/inside linebacker role where pass rushing is just one of the things he'll be asked to do regularly. Taking advantage of his quickness and athleticism should get him some good looks rushing the passer but also dropping into coverage. They could even have him in the slot if they're playing zone.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

waah posted:

Even Pep had a few... supplements to help him along.

Let's just hope it's before Cam completely falls apart and is held together with duct tape.

Danielle Hunter and von Miller etc are all around 250 if not a little lighter during the season. If he can get to about 240ish or a little more he'll be fine.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Regardless he was drafted for 2020.

He's going to start the season behind Addison and Irvin.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Danielle Hunter and von Miller etc are all around 250 if not a little lighter during the season. If he can get to about 240ish or a little more he'll be fine.

Brian Burns has two inches on those guys as well, though. So even if he did get to 250 he'd still look pretty slim.

I mean, he's a speed rusher. He'll be fine so long as 1) he can do a decent job resisting blocks in the run game, and 2) he's able to land punches with power and keep tackles off of him. If a big tackle gets a nice grip on him he's not going anywhere.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

All or nothing is loving good. So good.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The same crowd that was never going to watch the Panthers again when they signed Eric Reid is mad that CMC and the Panthers gave Rapinoe a Jersey.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

waah posted:

The same crowd that was never going to watch the Panthers again when they signed Eric Reid is mad that CMC and the Panthers gave Rapinoe a Jersey.

Boomer snowflakes?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm up to the losing skid in all or nothing :(

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Watching all or nothing and re-living the season in a condensed fashion kind of reminds me just how close the team came to having an extremely good season. A healthy Cam and its a completely different season and team. His shoulder was pretty much on the way out from the Philadelphia game on and a whole lot of games came down to Cam's shoulder is dead, missed kicks or a timely injury exposing a minor lack of depth. Outside of the pittsburgh game, in hindsight there's not a lot of times the team was soundly outplayed. Atlanta week 2 - most definitely but for most of the games there's just a lot of tripping over their own dicks, rookie mistakes and Cam's death as the cause.

Watching how badly the season went last year has made me feel a lot better about the coming season. There's a really hard to watch moment though where Kalil is crying alone after the post season window closes, knowing it was his last year and last chance is rough as hell.

The QB changes at the end of the season was interesting to watch though and Ron Rivera is a drat good player motivator, you can see why the players like to play for him.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/Jeff_Nowak/status/1152771964018319365?s=20

:hmmyes:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah I haven't finished it but I knocked out three or four episodes last night. McCaffrey is an incredible moron, I honestly had to skip his parts because of the gnarly secondhand embarrassment. Gotta wonder if there's anything up there to concuss. In general they really managed to capture a lot of awkward moments, which is kind of neat because it makes you remember that these are just people, which all kinds of foibles and insecurities and difficulties just like anyone.

The cold open with Cam and the Beyonce song was absolutely amazing. I had to show my girlfriend because it was such a cool moment and I wanted her to see that it's not all toxic masculinity on a football team. Cam in general was pretty fun, although sometimes got a bit too self-agrandizing. But his courage and strength and individuality was impressive all the same.

Kuechly I'm even more in love with if that is possible. What a loving champ. Funchess was a disgrace, but I really felt bad for him too. Clearly his head was all hosed, and Cam was getting frustrated because every throw hurt and watching it get dropped sucks, obviously. He had some huge plays but those drops were so disheartening. They'll need DJ Moore and Curits Samul to really step up, because they haven't done all that much with their receiving corps since last year.

They were close to having a solid season, like Blindsite said, but there were also some clear weak spots on the team and when injuries began to take their toll things fell apart pretty quick. I do think their depth is better this year, and I have thought since I watched him in college that DJ Moore has the potential to be great. If the O line stays healthy they have just as good a chance to get deep into the postseason as any other team.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
The falcons had two players get season ending injuries at camp today and then they brought in DJ Durkin... so expect that number to rise

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It’s amazing what you can buy on eBay for six bucks.

It’s actually metal and I’m surprised by how hefty it is. It was meant to be something for a fantasy football league but I think I’m keeping it. 😁

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Spintzel posted:

The falcons had two players get season ending injuries at camp today and then they brought in DJ Durkin... so expect that number to rise

One was JJ Wilcox so addition by subtraction.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
dope...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Play posted:

Yeah I haven't finished it but I knocked out three or four episodes last night. McCaffrey is an incredible moron, I honestly had to skip his parts because of the gnarly secondhand embarrassment. Gotta wonder if there's anything up there to concuss. In general they really managed to capture a lot of awkward moments, which is kind of neat because it makes you remember that these are just people, which all kinds of foibles and insecurities and difficulties just like anyone.

he's his father's son

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Silly Burrito posted:

It’s amazing what you can buy on eBay for six bucks.

It’s actually metal and I’m surprised by how hefty it is. It was meant to be something for a fantasy football league but I think I’m keeping it. 😁

Ah man that owns. I want to make a Christmas tree ornament with one somehow.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That Works posted:

Ah man that owns. I want to make a Christmas tree ornament with one somehow.

It’s six bucks. Get one.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/707587433/2009-super-bowl-new-orleans-saints?ref=shop_home_active_18&frs=1

Buc fans, grab a tampabay riiccaneers championship ring for $6.50. (I’m just listing how they spell it)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/707589285/2002-tampabay-riiccaneers-championship?ref=shop_home_active_31&frs=1

Hell, Falcons fans, get you a “2012 Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl Replica Championship” that looks suspiciously like a 2016 NFC Championship ring for $7.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/693740094/2012-baltimore-ravens-super-bowl-replica?ref=shop_home_active_24&frs=1

Sorry Panthers fans, no rings for you.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/bingup/items?section_id=26392934

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
drat. For the extra douchey Yinzer in your life

https://www.etsy.com/listing/693406856/197419751978197920052008-pittsburgh?ref=shop_home_feat_1&frs=1

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sounds like a Halloween costume to me.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lets rank the NFCS Offensive players:
*Note: This are in order by team, not my rankings

QBs
Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Drew Brees
Jameis Winston

RBs
Devonte Freeman
Ito Smith
Christian McCaffery
Cam Artis-Payne
Alvin Kamara
Latavius Murray
Peyton Barber
Ronald Jones

WRs
Julio Jones
Calvin Ridley
Mo Sanu
DJ Moore
Curtis Samuel
Jarius Wright
Mike Thomas
Ted Ginn
Tre'Quan Smith
Mike Evans
Chris Godwin
Breshard Perriman

TEs
Austin Hooper
Luke Stockert
Greg Olsen
Ian Thomas
Jared Cook
Josh Hill
OJ Howard
Cameron Brate

LT
Jake Matthews
Taylor Moton
Terron Armstead
Donovan Smith

LG
James Carpenter
Greg Van Roten
Andrus Peat
Ali Marpet

C
Alex Mack
Matt Paradis
Erik McCoy
Ryan Jensen

RG
Chris Lindstom
Trai Turner
Larry Warford

RT
Kaleb McGary
Daryl Williams
Ryan Ramczyk
Demar Dotson

Defense tomorrow.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 24, 2019

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
So uh is that just the list of players or is that your rankings?

e: nm I see it's sorted by team

Play
Apr 25, 2006

the list of a man who has heavily internalized his team's shitiness

or are you prompting us to do so? sure, I'll bite

QBs
Matt Ryan
Drew Brees
Cam Newton
Jameis Winston

RBs
Alvin Kamara
Christian McCaffery
Latavius Murray
Devonta Freeman
Ito Smith
Peyton Barber
Cam Artis-Payne
Ronald Jones

WRs
Mike Thomas
Julio Jones
DJ Moore
Mike Evans
Calvin Ridley
Curtis Samuel
Chris Godwin
Breshard Perriman
Mo Sanu
Ted Ginn
Tre'Quan Smith
Jarius Wright

TEs
OJ Howard
Jared Cook
Austin Hooper
Cameron Brate
Josh Hill
Ian Thomas
Greg Olsen
Luke Stockert

LT
Terron ArmsTEAD
Taylor Moton
Jake Matthews
Donovan Smith

LG
Andrus Peat
James Carpenter
Ali Marpet
Greg Van Roten

C
Matt Paradis
Alex Mack
Erik McCoy
Ryan Jensen

RG
Larry Warford
Trai Turner
Chris Lindstom

RT
Ryan Ramczyk
Daryl Williams
Demar Dotson
Kaleb McGary

Keep in mind that this is from the mind of unbiased observer, meaning that it is inevitably more correct than whatever you chucklefucks come up with

Play fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 24, 2019

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

wandler20 posted:

QBs
Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Drew Brees
Jameis Winston

RBs
Devonte Freeman
Ito Smith
Christian McCaffery
Cam Artis-Payne
Alvin Kamara
Latavius Murray
Peyton Barber
Ronald Jones

WRs
Julio Jones
Calvin Ridley
Mo Sanu
DJ Moore
Curtis Samuel
Jarius Wright
Mike Thomas
Ted Ginn
Tre'Quan Smith
Mike Evans
Chris Godwin
Breshard Perriman

TEs
Austin Hooper
Luke Stockert
Greg Olsen
Ian Thomas
Jared Cook
Josh Hill
OJ Howard
Cameron Brate

LT
Jake Matthews
Taylor Moton
Terron Armstrong
Donovan Smith

LG
James Carpenter
Greg Van Roten
Andrus Peat
Ali Marpet

C
Alex Mack
Matt Paradis
Erik McCoy
Ryan Jensen

RG
Chris Lindstom
Trai Turner
Larry Warford

RT
Kaleb McGary
Daryl Williams
Ryan Ramczyk
Demar Dotson

Defense tomorrow.

Yeah I like the order you got here imma stick with it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Yeah, I should've specific that wasn't my list, but by team.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

*Note: This are in order by team, not my rankings

Good idea

QBs
#1 Drew Brees
#2-4 A bunch of nobody scrubs

RBs
#1 Alvin Kamara
#2-10 Who cares

WRs
#1 Mike Thomas
#2-12 A forgettable pack of losers

TEs
:lol:

LT
#1-4 who could possibly care?

LG
#1-4 some fat dudes

C
#1-4 anonymous zeroes

RG
#1-4 99.9% of the fans will never know these names

RT
#1 Ryan Ramcyzk. I think he's poised to build on his all-pro year in 2018. Camp reports say he's looking good.
#2 Kaleb McGary. Falcons paid dearly for him, but he's versatile enough to stand strong in pass protection and move the line as a run blocker. I don't know if he was worth what they paid, but he's got some upside.
#3 Daryl Williams. Big question mark here with the knee injury, but he's a difference maker if he's back to 100% this year.
#4 Demar Dotson. Sure, he's had a long career and a locker room leader, but is he ever going to shake the nagging injuries? Last year was NOT good for him. He's showing his age.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Good idea

RT
#1 Ryan Ramcyzk. I think he's poised to build on his all-pro year in 2018. Camp reports say he's looking good.
#2 Kaleb McGary. Falcons paid dearly for him, but he's versatile enough to stand strong in pass protection and move the line as a run blocker. I don't know if he was worth what they paid, but he's got some upside.
#3 Daryl Williams. Big question mark here with the knee injury, but he's a difference maker if he's back to 100% this year.
#4 Demar Dotson. Sure, he's had a long career and a locker room leader, but is he ever going to shake the nagging injuries? Last year was NOT good for him. He's showing his age.

I like how apparently you don't give a poo poo about any position on offense besides right tackle

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Play posted:

I like how apparently you don't give a poo poo about any position on offense besides right tackle

True goon spotted.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
My rankings:

QBs
Drew Brees
Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Jameis Winston

RBs

Alvin Kamara
Devonte Freeman
Christian McCaffery
Peyton Barber
Ito Smith
Latavius Murray
Cam Artis-Payne
Ronald Jones

WRs
Julio Jones
Mike Evans
Mike Thomas
Chris Godwin
DJ Moore
Calvin Ridley
Mo Sanu
Ted Ginn
Curtis Samuel
Breshard Perriman
Jarius Wright
Tre'Quan Smith

TEs
Greg Olsen
OJ Howard
Cameron Brate
Jared Cook
Austin Hooper
Ian Thomas
Josh Hill
Luke Stockert

LT
Terron Armstead
Jake Matthews
Taylor Moton
Donovan Smith

LG
Ali Marpet
Andrus Peat
James Carpenter
Greg Van Roten

C
Alex Mack
Matt Paradis
Ryan Jensen
Erik McCoy

RG
Trai Turner
Larry Warford
Chris Lindstom

RT
Ryan Ramczyk
Demar Dotson
Daryl Williams
Kaleb McGary

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

:thejoke:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

wandler20 posted:

My rankings:

Pretty similar to mine with some small disagreements at the skill positions. I like that you also refused to put a rookie o linemen anywhere but the bottom of the heap where they belong until they've done anything. A bit shocked at your evaluation of old, balding, beat-to-hell greg olsen as the best tight end in the division, but to each his own

Also is it just me or do all of those left guards kinda suck donkey dick

yeah i got that, and i liked it!!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

Pretty similar to mine with some small disagreements at the skill positions. I like that you also refused to put a rookie o linemen anywhere but the bottom of the heap where they belong until they've done anything. A bit shocked at your evaluation of old, balding, beat-to-hell greg olsen as the best tight end in the division, but to each his own

Also is it just me or do all of those left guards kinda suck donkey dick

Olsen is supposedly healthy and when he's in there he's pretty drat good. OJ is going to be special but I'm waiting to see how Arians uses him.

Ali Marpet is a top 5ish LG in the NFL, he's really good.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Kinda surprised at DJ Moore over Ridley. What did you see last year/this off-season that has you thinking that? Or is it more of an 'opportunity going forward' thing?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

The Big Jesus posted:

Kinda surprised at DJ Moore over Ridley. What did you see last year/this off-season that has you thinking that? Or is it more of an 'opportunity going forward' thing?

My take is they're really close and Ridley is probably going to be better in a few years but Moore is going to have a bigger role this year and should produce more. I wouldn't argue against switching them either.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Is Moton playing LT? I thought Panthers had settled with Greg Little at LT, Moton at RT and Daryl Williams sliding to LG.

wandler20 posted:

My take is they're really close and Ridley is probably going to be better in a few years but Moore is going to have a bigger role this year and should produce more. I wouldn't argue against switching them either.

I think the consensus last year was Ridley was going to be more productive initially because he was more polished, whereas Moore was newer to the position and was being to asked to learn the outside WR and slot WR positions). Also Matt Ryan is a better passer and Julio takes all of the double-teams, so Ridley would have more opportunity initially.

This played out exactly to a T. Ridley was really good right away, and Moore flashed some YAC ability that already is elite, but also made a lot of mistakes with ball security.

I think once Moore gets everything together he will be much better.

Slowpoke! fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 24, 2019

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Big Jesus posted:

I really like them both actually, I just see Moore as a bit more explosive and really primed for a big season, I mean he's basically the number one receiver on that team now. Ridley had an incredible season last year (so incredible you wonder if it's repeatable) and he's a great player with a bright future. Their speed is about equal but Moore is more dangerous with the ball in his hand and seems to have some really nice moves. I think the Panthers will be forcing some balls to him because he's so electric in that way and he's a reliable pass catcher as well

wandler20 posted:

Yeah basically

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Slowpoke! posted:

Is Moton playing LT? I thought Panthers had settled with Greg Little at LT, Moton at RT and Daryl Williams sliding to LG.

You could be correct, looks like they're still working everything out.

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1154135733940236289?s=20

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Panthers for the first time in recent memory actually have some good pieces on the offensive line. Centre and right guard are pretty much already locked in with the other three spots probably going to be locked in by the end of preseason.

Williams is on a 1 year prove it deal but I think will end up starting.

They've been high on Little. At least with the pass rushers they've brought in he'll get a real test to prove himself.

Also don't sleep on Samuel in that 2nd WR spot on the Panthers. He had something like a touchdown ever 4 touches through his first three games and for the first time in his short career is actually healthy heading into camp and showed up pretty jacked. For as good as he has looked it's kind of crazy to think his development until this point has largely been rehab over actual football. Jarius Wright also flashed a few times last year with big catches in big moments. Add in Chris Hogan and it's a solid group of receivers without any one big name.

While people get hung up on having that big name at wide receiver and while the two flankers are somewhat young and inexperienced both of them have home run potential and can stretch a defense.

It's a weird feeling as a panther fan but I have 100% confidence everywhere offensively except the only place we've had it prior to 2018 and that's Cam.

I'm hoping his shoulder is back and 100% and he has a Luck like come back but if he doesn't...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I don't watch enough Bucs football to notice, how are they using OJ Howard?