Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GD_American posted:

I don't watch enough Bucs football to notice, how are they using OJ Howard?

Well.

But Jameis' entire throwing strategy is "get it near the receiver and hope for the best" which works out well with some of the dudes they have over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

GD_American posted:

I don't watch enough Bucs football to notice, how are they using OJ Howard?

Nobody knows how they'll use him because there's a new head coach. Given that Howard is a pass catching tight end with good speed, I'm sure Arians will be keen to take advantage.

BlindSite posted:

The Panthers for the first time in recent memory actually have some good pieces on the offensive line. Centre and right guard are pretty much already locked in with the other three spots probably going to be locked in by the end of preseason.

Williams is on a 1 year prove it deal but I think will end up starting.

They've been high on Little. At least with the pass rushers they've brought in he'll get a real test to prove himself.

Also don't sleep on Samuel in that 2nd WR spot on the Panthers. He had something like a touchdown ever 4 touches through his first three games and for the first time in his short career is actually healthy heading into camp and showed up pretty jacked. For as good as he has looked it's kind of crazy to think his development until this point has largely been rehab over actual football. Jarius Wright also flashed a few times last year with big catches in big moments. Add in Chris Hogan and it's a solid group of receivers without any one big name.

While people get hung up on having that big name at wide receiver and while the two flankers are somewhat young and inexperienced both of them have home run potential and can stretch a defense.

It's a weird feeling as a panther fan but I have 100% confidence everywhere offensively except the only place we've had it prior to 2018 and that's Cam.

I'm hoping his shoulder is back and 100% and he has a Luck like come back but if he doesn't...

Yeah the Panthers are an exciting team right now. I really do think they had all the potential for a ten or eleven win season last year, pretty much all the important parts are coming back and then some. The offense was really looking nice and the defense was over-performing.

Samuel and Moore are two of the more exciting young receivers in the game in my mind. Very very explosive, both of them and both can take a mile if they're given an inch. If Cam is healthy and is able to stay that way all season I don't see why they wouldn't have a good one. Between the Falcons, Saints and Panthers the division should be a real dog fight.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Pay the man.

https://twitter.com/LarryHolder/status/1154413658677661696

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Time to rank the defenders of the NFCS.
Note: Not my rankings, just a list of players.

quote:

DE/EDGE
Vic Beasley
Tak McKinley
Adrian Clayborn
Bruce Irvin
Mario Addison
Brian Burns
Cameron Jordan
Marcus Davenport
Trey Hendrickson
Jason Pierre Paul
Carl Nassib
Shaq Barrett

DT
Grady Jarrett
Deadrin Senat
Dontari Poe
Gerald McCoy
Kawaan Short
Sheldon Rankins
Malcom Brown
Vita Vea
Ndamukong Suh

OLB
De’Vondre Campbell
Foyesade Oluokun
Shaq Thompson
AJ Klein
Demarrio Davis

ILB
Deion Jones
Luke Kuechly
Alex Anzalone
Lavonte Davis
Devin White

CB
Desmond Trufant
Isaiah Oliver
James Bradburry
Donte Jackson
Marshon Lattimore
Eli Apple
Sean Murphy-Bunting
Carlton Davis

S
Keanu Neal
Damontae Kazee
Eric Reid
Rashaan Gaulden
Vonn Bell
Marcus Williams
Justin Evans
Mike Edwards

Play
Apr 25, 2006

wandler20 posted:

DE/EDGE
Cameron Jordan
Tak McKinley
Marcus Davenport
Brian Burns
Jason Pierre Paul
Mario Addison
Shaq Barrett
Adrian Clayborn
Bruce Irvin
Carl Nassib
Vic Beasley
Trey Hendrickson

DT
Gerald McCoy
Grady Jarrett
Malcom Brown
Vita Vea
Kawaan Short
Ndamukong Suh
Dontari Poe
Deadrin Senat
Sheldon Rankins

OLB
Don't really know enough about any of these guys to make a proper list

ILB
Luke Kuechly
Deion Jones
Lavonte David
Devin White
Alex Anzalone

CB
Donte Jackson
Marshon Lattimore
Desmond Trufant
James Bradburry
Isaiah Oliver
Eli Apple
Carlton Davis
Sean Murphy-Bunting

S
Eric Reid
Keanu Neal
Justin Evans
Damontae Kazee
Marcus Williams
Rashaan Gaulden
Vonn Bell
Mike Edwards

truth

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

PostNouveau posted:

Good idea

QBs
#1 Drew Brees
#2-4 A bunch of nobody scrubs

RBs
#1 Alvin Kamara
#2-10 Who cares

WRs
#1 Mike Thomas
#2-12 A forgettable pack of losers

TEs
:lol:

LT
#1-4 who could possibly care?

LG
#1-4 some fat dudes

C
#1-4 anonymous zeroes

RG
#1-4 99.9% of the fans will never know these names

RT
#1 Ryan Ramcyzk. I think he's poised to build on his all-pro year in 2018. Camp reports say he's looking good.
#2 Kaleb McGary. Falcons paid dearly for him, but he's versatile enough to stand strong in pass protection and move the line as a run blocker. I don't know if he was worth what they paid, but he's got some upside.
#3 Daryl Williams. Big question mark here with the knee injury, but he's a difference maker if he's back to 100% this year.
#4 Demar Dotson. Sure, he's had a long career and a locker room leader, but is he ever going to shake the nagging injuries? Last year was NOT good for him. He's showing his age.

:hmmyes:

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Whoever gets the deal first between him and Julio is getting the worst deal so I feel like they'd both hold on a bit longer.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thomas is worth more than Julio.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

Thomas is worth more than Julio.

Pay the man

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chilichimp posted:

Pay the man

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Thomas is a system WR.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Never pay a WR that has a HOF QB throwing to him.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Lol y'all are nasty today

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

wandler20 posted:

Thomas is a system WR.

"All Cris Carter does is catch touchdowns"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm not sure who he's lined up against (Either Little or something named Dorian Johnson who's listed as a guard) but woo lawd Brian Burns is fast.

He's standing by the time Cam makes the throw.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Wow, I'd love to see the longer video to see if that was a 5 step drop or a 7 step drop because uh, Burns is basically there before Cam even finishes his dropback.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Cam chucked that ball pretty far down field with ease so that's good news

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm not sure who he's lined up against (Either Little or something named Dorian Johnson who's listed as a guard) but woo lawd Brian Burns is fast.

that left tackle got badly beat

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Brian Burns is a menace.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

that left tackle got badly beat

whats its like, watching a rookie edge rusher do something besides spin

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

whats its like, watching a rookie edge rusher do something besides spin

Vic can't even spin, man.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Cameron Brate played all of last season with a torn labrum in his hip. That uh, seems like it would very painful.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

FizFashizzle posted:

That’s probably a strip sack or he gets the elbow and Cam launches a 30 yard duck into the middle of the field during an actual game.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Cam's shoulder looking good. There was a longer piece on that in the Athletic today or yesterday that went into some detail on what happened and how they approached that injury. Cam decided to get arthro so that they could stick a camera in there and see what the issue was, then I believe he had another arthro surgery to fix it. It wasn't nearly as bad as the fully torn rotator cuff he was originally dealing with, and it looks like he's feeling good. I can almost hear the Panther fans sighing in relief

waah posted:

Wow, I'd love to see the longer video to see if that was a 5 step drop or a 7 step drop because uh, Burns is basically there before Cam even finishes his dropback.

I think it was a shotgun snap and then he took a few steps back to get some room, as they do. That's what it looks like to me anyways. Burns definitely got there in a hurry, you can tell he beat his man right at the snap essentially.

Now granted, a speed rusher is always gonna look better in limited contact drills. But I definitely think Brian Burns could be quite good as you can see in my rankings where I broke my own rule and put a rookie above veterans

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Play posted:

Cam's shoulder looking good. There was a longer piece on that in the Athletic today or yesterday that went into some detail on what happened and how they approached that injury. Cam decided to get arthro so that they could stick a camera in there and see what the issue was, then I believe he had another arthro surgery to fix it. It wasn't nearly as bad as the fully torn rotator cuff he was originally dealing with, and it looks like he's feeling good. I can almost hear the Panther fans sighing in relief
My relief is palpable.

quote:

I think it was a shotgun snap and then he took a few steps back to get some room, as they do. That's what it looks like to me anyways. Burns definitely got there in a hurry, you can tell he beat his man right at the snap essentially.

Now granted, a speed rusher is always gonna look better in limited contact drills. But I definitely think Brian Burns could be quite good as you can see in my rankings where I broke my own rule and put a rookie above veterans
I hope that in a game Cam would be less casual about pocket presence. His role in camp is to put the ball where he is supposed to and the coaches watch how the WRs are running their routes and how the DBs are defending.

Hope. My hope is less palpable.

three
Aug 9, 2007

More Brian Burns highlights, this time clowning the Panthers likely starting LT: https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/1154856405549142016

Good news: Burns looks good, and Cam is healthy.

Bad news: Cam is gonna die because Panthers refuse to let Moton play LT.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

three posted:

More Brian Burns highlights, this time clowning the Panthers likely starting LT: https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/1154856405549142016

Pretty sure that's the same play, actually.

Definitely not sold on Little, and even less sold on starting a rookie at left tackle, if that is the plan

three
Aug 9, 2007

Play posted:

Pretty sure that's the same play, actually.

Definitely not sold on Little, and even less sold on starting a rookie at left tackle, if that is the plan

Maybe, but the first gif has the receiver running left to right (and catching over the shoulder) and the 2nd has the receiver running right to left (and catching underneath). I think it's different, but could be wrong.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

three posted:

Maybe, but the first gif has the receiver running left to right (and catching over the shoulder) and the 2nd has the receiver running right to left (and catching underneath). I think it's different, but could be wrong.

We'll split the difference, it's half the same play and half a different play

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

If it's not the same play its Burns getting there again before Cam can even set his feet good in the shotgun. That's pretty amazing.

I also think that the RB would just have to chip Burns there to give Cam time.

If he's still doing this in pads then he might be pretty good.

Also the chance that Little becomes great because he has to play against Burns every day (think Gross v Pep for years)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It's also super early in camp.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BlindSite posted:

It's also super early in camp.

no Brians Burns is a hall of famer, greg little sucks rear end, get used to this new reality

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/JamesBradySBN/status/1154487812743421953?s=20

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Could be worse

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/marcus-thomas-madden-botched-identity/152145

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

2 things

1. little you need to get on people faster

2. holy gently caress men that large shouldn't move that fast

https://twitter.com/PanthersMax/status/1155120929766354944?s=20

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Greg Olsen is defined by a knit cap. And that beard is waaaay off.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
99% certain he's blonde.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Looks more like JJ Reddick

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

idk looks good to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/vxmcclure23/status/1155148402981855232?s=20