Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I died against the hornet boss, because i could not destroy the hive openings in one cycle. when i tried again, i really focused, and succeeded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Silver Striker posted:

I do as well but my original Wii stopped working and it's annoying to swap discs and go into Wii mode on the Wii U.

funny thing is that the eshop wii games still go into wii mode and all that. it's just a lot sneakier about it

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

it's basically just a limiter (1) early on when you only have 50 ammo max and (2) when you're using the beam combos.

the beam combos are real cool tho

limiting use of beam combos is fine, but i think it would have been better to make the missile cost high like prime 1 did instead of introducing beam ammo.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

AHungryRobot posted:

limiting use of beam combos is fine, but i think it would have been better to make the missile cost high like prime 1 did instead of introducing beam ammo.

ya, would've been nice if there was more use for the missile expansions. was kind of hard to run out after a while.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

zen death robot posted:

I really wish you could play Wii games on the Wii U with the gamepad

you'll be able to play the ones that supported the classic controller

which is like almost none of them

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

I will finally kill the boost ball guardian

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I died against the hornet boss, because i could not destroy the hive openings in one cycle. when i tried again, i really focused, and succeeded.

Inspiring.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I been doing some sick poo poo in NES Remix Bonus Stage 25.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i would like it if you could just charge a beam for like 3x longer to get a beam combo because that would take a bunch of time and be really satisfying when you hit and make you feel like a scrub when you missed

but the missile system is really good as is, and the beam one is okay

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I keep reading Beam as Bean so I seen Bean Combo and Prime 1 Beans.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

EightFlyingCars posted:

Oh man, some of the fights in MP2 were so hard... I think that was the fight where I was concentrating so hard that I forgot to blink and my eyes started watering.

E: the wii version is much easier though

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
boost guardian owned the poo poo out of me the first time i played but i beat him on my first try in my most recent playthrough. the spiderball and power bomb guardians are really annoying too.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Prime 2 has the best Metroid bosses ever.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I think Quadraxis might be my favourite boss in any game.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.
Get this game, disc copies are rare as hell thanks to the kickass special edition case they made for it. It also rocks that They fixed up the weird difficulty spikes in prime 2 also don't listen to the haters the wii motion controls give the combat the depth it needs to last 60 hours of game. I love the gc controls but after 20 hours you'll realize that half the time you just hold the lockon button, tap and occasionally strafe for a lot of the fights. Plus making aiming tougher means the beams are way more balanced, like the wave/annihilator beams are pretty bad till you realize they home into enemies that you lock on to.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I keep reading Beam as Bean so I seen Bean Combo and Prime 1 Beans.

lol Prime 1 Beans

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well anyway, this is probably the best single collection of games ever released, and I bought it and have been extensively posting about it in the Metroid thread, because I love the games and want to marry them. Have fun all

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

lol Prime 1 Beans

Bean Combo sounds like a vegetarian meal at a mexican restaurant. Not one I'd order though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bifner McDoogle posted:

Get this game, disc copies are rare as hell thanks to the kickass special edition case they made for it. It also rocks that They fixed up the weird difficulty spikes in prime 2 also don't listen to the haters the wii motion controls give the combat the depth it needs to last 60 hours of game. I love the gc controls but after 20 hours you'll realize that half the time you just hold the lockon button, tap and occasionally strafe for a lot of the fights. Plus making aiming tougher means the beams are way more balanced, like the wave/annihilator beams are pretty bad till you realize they home into enemies that you lock on to.
So far it's made a couple fights annoying in Prime 1, but I suspect it will make Thargus and that stupid pirate robot thing you can't lock onto way less obnoxious to fight.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

For 10 dollars this is a loving steal. 2015 is a good year to be a gamer.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I'm only interested in Prime 1, and this is still a steal.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i bought this and started playing the first one and wow it looks like rear end poo poo

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

epitasis posted:

i bought this and started playing the first one and wow it looks like rear end poo poo

it's a gamecube game. it came out in 2002. i think it looks pretty good for a gamecube game that came out in 2002

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I was wishing I could mash out shots as fast as I could in the GC version for MP1, but then I realized I could if I held the wiimote like Samus holds her armcannon so now I am fully immersed in the action.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

EightFlyingCars posted:

you will die to the boost guardian.

epitasis posted:

it's "retro", actually

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mabels big day posted:

it's a gamecube game. it came out in 2002. i think it looks pretty good for a gamecube game that came out in 2002

it looks bad to my eyes when I look at it on the screen

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

epitasis posted:

it looks bad to my eyes when I look at it on the screen
It's okay to be a stupid idiot. Many idiots go onto be presidents or forum administrators.

Soral
May 30, 2009

hey all i started the game on veteran difficulty... not really sure what it changes but i'm feeling good. i beat the hive totem earlier.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's okay to be a stupid idiot. Many idiots go onto be presidents or forum administrators.

*very deliberately torques my wrist ever so slightly to point my beamstick at your post and fire upon it but accidentally turns into a ball instead*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

epitasis posted:

*very deliberately torques my wrist ever so slightly to point my beamstick at your post and fire upon it but accidentally turns into a ball instead*
You can't turn into the morphball with motion control, you have to push a button.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Congrats to epistasis, Games forum moderator 2026.

Soral
May 30, 2009

mabels big day posted:

oh man.... other games released in 2002 are morrowind, jet set radio future, jedi knight 2 and smash bros melee.... what a f*cking epic year to be a gamer

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

You can't turn into the morphball with motion control, you have to push a button.

I hit the wrong nunchaku button

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Soral posted:

oh man.... other games released in 2002 are morrowind, jet set radio future, jedi knight 2 and smash bros melee.... what a f*cking epic year to be a gamer
Also GTA: Vice City and the Japanese release of Wind Waker

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Congrats to epistasis, Games forum moderator 2026.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

hey all i started the game on veteran difficulty... not really sure what it changes but i'm feeling good. i beat the hive totem earlier.

Veteran is the Normal difficulty, a dumb name for it. They added an easy mode in Prime 3 and when they packaged them all together they added easy modes to 1 & 2 as well. It's just a damage scaling factor, normal is the way to go.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Veteran is the Normal difficulty, a dumb name for it. They added an easy mode in Prime 3 and when they packaged them all together they added easy modes to 1 & 2 as well. It's just a damage scaling factor, normal is the way to go.

thanks for the tip

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That explains why the damage was so low. Is it still fun on Normal because of the aiming changes, or is Veteran a better experience?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

That explains why the damage was so low. Is it still fun on Normal because of the aiming changes, or is Veteran a better experience?

Veteran is the original balance and is more fun imo. On any difficulty you can adjust the aiming options however you want in the settings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Veteran is the original balance and is more fun imo. On any difficulty you can adjust the aiming options however you want in the settings
Guess I'm restarting Metroid Prime!

• Locked thread