Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Kind of rooting for the Titans to make the playoffs because it would be hilarious to see them knock off Kansas City again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You could say the same of the Colts.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

OperaMouse posted:

They will have to go play a playoff game at the 7-9 or 8-8 NFC East winner.

niners would just roll right through jerry world for a free W

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

If the Niners are a 13-3 5th seed I am gonna flip my goddamn poo poo

Probably gonna have to win @Saints & @Seattle if you want the #1 seed.

10-2 Seahawks: @Rams, @Panthers, Cardinals, 49ers
10-2 49ers: @Saints, Falcons, Rams, @Seahawks

Hoping that game gets flexed to SNF so we can see true misery happen to one fanbase. It'll be so loving good.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

HereticMIND posted:

So what’s the schedule for week 14?

Found it: http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2019/REG14

THU:

DAL @ CHI—2020 hrs ET

SUN:

CAR @ ATL—1300

IND @ TB—1300

MIA @ NYJ—1300

SF @ NO—1300

DET @ MIN—1300

DEN @ HOU—1300

BAL @ BUF—1300

CIN @ CLE—1300

WAS @ GB—1300

LAC @ JAX—1605

PIT @ ARI—1625

TEN @ OAK—1625

KC @ NE—1625

SEA @ LAR—2020

MON:

PHI @ NYG—2015

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im just glad the Saints will most likely not be the ones playing the 6-10 Dallas Cowboys and getting embarassed

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Seahawks got into the playoffs with a losing record and we got marshawn’s amazing run out (praise be to marshawn)

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Kalli posted:

Probably gonna have to win @Saints & @Seattle if you want the #1 seed.

10-2 Seahawks: @Rams, @Panthers, Cardinals, 49ers
10-2 49ers: @Saints, Falcons, Rams, @Seahawks

Hoping that game gets flexed to SNF so we can see true misery happen to one fanbase. It'll be so loving good.

isnt it scheduled for that night anyway?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Zyla posted:

isnt it scheduled for that night anyway?

They don't schedule a SNF game on week 17, they just pick whatever looks the best when we get there.

e: And hopefully something that will have some meaning no matter what else happens that day, like they don't want a Sunday night team to suddenly learn after the late afternoon games they have no reason to play their starters, stuff like that.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 3, 2019

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

It's crazy to me that Dalvin Cook is already saying that he's good to go for this week, considering it looked like he was sobbing while he was laying on the field. I was assuming something was broken at a minimum.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh and if no games fit that criteria the NFL just won't have a SNF game. There wasn't one in the 2017 season.

Wonder how NBC agreed to that?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Grittybeard posted:

Oh and if no games fit that criteria the NFL just won't have a SNF game. There wasn't one in the 2017 season.

Wonder how NBC agreed to that?

They probably figured that they could throw a holiday movie or special on instead and that would bring in as many viewers as a week 17 SNF game with no stakes at all.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

They probably figured that they could throw a holiday movie or special on instead and that would bring in as many viewers as a week 17 SNF game with no stakes at all.

but football !!!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Zyla posted:

but football !!!

I mean, yeah, we're masochistic enough to sit through any football game, even bad ones, but I dunno how many regular TV viewers are.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The best future. Get the gently caress in.

Seattle Proj. 13-2

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

I mean, yeah, we're masochistic enough to sit through any football game, even bad ones, but I dunno how many regular TV viewers are.

im a sicko that watched every week of the aaf

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Zyla posted:

im a sicko that watched every week of the aaf

I think I only missed one or two games.

Yet I can't make myself watch college ball. It's weird.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

I think I only missed one or two games.

Yet I can't make myself watch college ball. It's weird.

same with regard to college

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

seems like the only realistic outcome tbqh. plus it's nice that you don't have to worry about which of san fran or seattle gets screwed out of a home playoff game.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Seahawks won and Carson didn’t gently caress up again :unsmith:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1201746091474997248?s=19

Make it stop

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bob Socko posted:

Do the Saints have anyone tough left outside of the 49ers?

Well they're not going to risk doing poo poo in week 17 since it'll be on Charlotte's swamp field.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/HeheWaitWhut/status/1200810100941676549?s=19

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Odovaucer posted:

seems like the only realistic outcome tbqh. plus it's nice that you don't have to worry about which of san fran or seattle gets screwed out of a home playoff game.

What in the gently caress do you have against the Texans that they lose to the bastard fucker Titans twice? I hate you! (I agree whomever has to play buffalo in the WC round is hosed)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
What are the Bills like? I have a feeling they are going to give the Ravens trouble since their offense seems to have improved. They have the third best record in the AFC! Not a team to sneeze at. I think this is a true "trap game"

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

What are the Bills like? I have a feeling they are going to give the Ravens trouble since their offense seems to have improved. They have the third best record in the AFC! Not a team to sneeze at. I think this is a true "trap game"

Defense is good, but they've also benefited from a weak schedule (Jets, Dolphins x2, Bengals, Washington in Haskins' first start, Giants in Eli's last start, Titans in Mariota's next-to-last start). They really only have one solid player in the secondary so teams with 2+ receiving threats and a non-trash OL can pick them apart.

Offensively if you can stay disciplined & manage the middle of the field you can smother them. Gore/Singletary is a decent 1-2 RB punch and Brown/Beasley/Knox is a triumvirate of slot threats but they don't really have a burner or a true #1 receiving threat. They've been disguising this weakness via Josh Allen running wild & that pulls underneath coverage up, but defenses that stay home give them nowhere to go.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quick Reads:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2019/week-13-quick-reads

quote:

1. Deshaun Watson: Watson gained 65 DYAR due to opponent adjustments. Watson's totals include 193 DYAR passing, 0 DYAR rushing and 16 DYAR receiving for his one target, a 6-yard touchdown catch. The Patriots have allowed eight passing touchdowns this season, and Watson threw or caught half of them in this game. That reflects how dangerous he was in scoring range -- within the New England 40-yard line, he went 6-of-8 for 89 yards and three touchdowns, with a ninth throw resulting in a DPI for 5 more yards.

33. Sam Darnold: Darnold loses 86 DYAR due to opponent adjustments. Somehow, in 48 passes, he did not throw one in the red zone. In the front zone -- the area between Cincinnati's 20- and 40-yard lines -- he went 2-of-7 for 13 yards with a sack. He struggled to complete the shortest passes in the game -- on passes to receivers at or behind the line of scrimmage, he went 8-of-15 for 39 yards.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
If the Titans don't improve their OL play significantly in the next 4 games I don't see them doing much in the playoffs if they make it there.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The offensive line is fine as long as we never have to pass

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

oldskool posted:

Gore/Singletary is a decent 1-2 RB punch and Brown/Beasley/Knox is a triumvirate of slot threats but they don't really have a burner or a true #1 receiving threat.
Brown flashes #1 type ability and is absolutely a burner but Allen’s deep ball tends to be wildly inaccurate

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

b0ng posted:

What in the gently caress do you have against the Texans that they lose to the bastard fucker Titans twice? I hate you! (I agree whomever has to play buffalo in the WC round is hosed)

it's really really hard to keep the patriots and the stealers out of the playoffs.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ravens are very familiar with John Brown.

I am pretty confident in the Ravens this week but the Bills have built a season on being surprising I guess.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Smoke runs such great deep routes. It's a shame he and Flacco had so brief a time together.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Important Playoff matchups of the week:

Cowboys @ Bears - Did you know the Cowboys' odds of winning the NFC East have gone up from 40 to 60% over the past two losses? Yeah, the NFC East is a pretty amazing race to see who can get dumptrucked by the NFC West loser the hardest in the WC round. Bears are also 2 games back in the WC race, so they're dead with a loss.

Ravens @ Bills - Bills have an outside chance at a bye while the Ravens move a step closer to sewing up the #1 seed. That said, two game lead on a bye and a nigh-insurmountable lead on the WC race means it's just jockeying for position.

Washington @ Packers - They're still alive! They only have to win out and have the Boys and Eagles practically lose out. Packers can still squeeze into a bye as well but need some help, but not help that has the Seahawks losing the division

Titans @ Raiders - Titans are in a knife fight for the 6th wildcard spot, while the Raiders after two awful losses are on death's door at a game back.

Chiefs @ Patriots - Chiefs have the slimmest of chances of a bye, while the Patriots want to hold off the Bills / fight for the #1 seed. Odds are this game doesn't matter much if the Ravens beat the Bills, but it could.

Seahawks @ Rams - Rams are now only a game back of the 6th seed thanks to the Vikings, while the Seahawks have a death grip on a bye. Super important game for both teams.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AFC:

Ravens clinch division with win and Steelers loss/tie, or tie and Steelers loss; clinch playoffs with win
Pats clinch playoffs with win
Chiefs clinch division with win and Raiders loss
Bills clinch playoffs with win, Texans loss, and Raiders and Colts not winning
Broncos eliminated with a loss and Steelers or Titans not losing
Chargers eliminated with a loss or Steelers win
Jags eliminated with a loss or Titans win
Jets eliminated with a loss, or Titans and Steelers win

Bengals and Dolphins already eliminated

NFC:

Seahawks clinch playoffs with win or tie
49ers clinch playoffs with win and Rams loss/tie, or tie and Rams loss
Panthers eliminated with loss, or Vikings win, or tie and Vikings tie
Bucs eliminated with loss and Bears win, or Vikings win, or loss/tie and Vikings tie
Washington eliminated with loss, or Dallas win, or Eagles win + Dallas tie, or tie + Dallas tie, or tie + Eagles win

Saints already clinched their division
Cards, Giants, Lions and Falcons already eliminated

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Get your lotion ready folks:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1201647766142947329

Should be Anderson / Vinatieri / Stenerud / Hester / Mitchell / Gray

Kalli fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 3, 2019

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Justin Tucker is and has always been better than Vinateri.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Kalli posted:

Important Playoff matchups of the week:

No mention of 49ers @ Saints? Division/Bye implications for 49ers and Bye/Home Field for Saints.

Quick result of playing with the playoff machine:

(Assuming 49ers, Seahawks and Saints win out outside of head-to-head matches)

Saints win: Home Field, 49ers are wildcard no matter what happens Week 17
49ers win: Home Field if they beat Seattle 17, Wild Card if they lose and Seattle gets the Home Field. Saints have bye either way.

Taerkar fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 3, 2019

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Taerkar posted:

No mention of 49ers @ Saints? Division/Bye implications for 49ers and Bye/Home Field for Saints.

uh yeah, I thought I wrote something for that, but short version: Of insane importance for the bye, probably the most important game left of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

HereticMIND posted:

Found it: http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2019/REG14

THU:

DAL @ CHI—2020 hrs ET

SUN:

CAR @ ATL—1300

IND @ TB—1300

MIA @ NYJ—1300

SF @ NO—1300

DET @ MIN—1300

DEN @ HOU—1300

BAL @ BUF—1300

CIN @ CLE—1300

WAS @ GB—1300

LAC @ JAX—1605

PIT @ ARI—1625

TEN @ OAK—1625

KC @ NE—1625

SEA @ LAR—2020

MON:

PHI @ NYG—2015

49ers Saints not getting flexed to the afternoon or night game Sunday is an absolute travesty.