Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Toebone posted:

lol trump has covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Trump is obese, eats like poo poo, doesn't sleep, doesn't exercise, and likely has a vitamin D deficiency. Corona doesn't have to kill him for him to get a very bad clinical outcome. I know we're all joking about a zoom town hall, but by the time for the debate, if Trump doesn't end up asymptomatic, he could be seriously unwell.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
There's no way he'd admit an illness willingly, especially not a self perceived big strong tough guy.

This is a ploy to get out of the next debate. Nothing more.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

Has Trump picked out the location of his presidential library as of yet? ‘Cause he may be headed there sooner than he expected.

I imagine at this stage they'd just add it to Mar-A-Lago.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I really doubt this.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

an AOL chatroom posted:

Infections Have Consequences

:five:

A good friend reminded me last night about how when Scalia died I was telling people to take the high ground and be better than that. I want to go slap old me for being such a dumb decorum-poisoned idiot.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
I hope that we don't forget how a few months ago the president said that he was taking hydroxychloroquine as a preventative, especially since a bunch of stupid awful people are going to come out yelling that the president is gonna be fine as long as he takes it.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Oct 2, 2020

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Wizard Master posted:

What are your guys thoughts on Trump being diagnosed with COVID-19?

I don't want him to die until he sees himself loses the election decisively then he can wheeze through a concession speech and collapse in front of cheering millions right before he finds the breath to call for a militia uprising.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Has Trump picked out the location of his presidential library as of yet? ‘Cause he may be headed there sooner than he expected.

The Trump Presidential Library is a bookshelf in the Trump Tower giftshop with all of his ghostwritten books on it, for sale. One of the bookends is an urn.

Kennedy
Aug 1, 2006

hard to breathe?
The Audacity of Hope

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

COVID
TRUMP

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This owns

What are the odds his campaign just falls completely apart at this point, or he resigns due to "health reasons"?

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Wizard Master posted:

What are your guys thoughts on Trump being diagnosed with COVID-19?

it's pretty fuckin funny

From what I've read about the typical course of disease, the second week after infection is usually when things get really bad, but he'll probably develop symptoms in 3-4 days or so. If his early symptoms are signifcant that's not good news for Donnie.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Trump gonna be rolled out with a ventilator Immortan Joe style for the next appearance

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

I know gloating is in poor taste, but I'm sure it's what he would want.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Sirotan posted:

"USPOL Fall: Hope is infectious", surely

The Virality of Hope?
The Pathogenicity of Hope?
Positively 16th Street?

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

He probably wasn't.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

There's no way he'd admit an illness willingly, especially not a self perceived big strong tough guy.

No, 2020 may have broken our collective brains, but this is legitimate.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
lol @ thread title

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It’s going to turn out hope has been going to some underground dc bar every night and going to work.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

cochise posted:

I know gloating is in poor taste, but I'm sure it's what he would want.

Catching covid is absolutely something he'd consider someone a "loser" over.

Biden got coronavirus, like a dog!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Fritz the Horse posted:

it's pretty fuckin funny

From what I've read about the typical course of disease, the second week after infection is usually when things get really bad, but he'll probably develop symptoms in 3-4 days or so. If his early symptoms are signifcant that's not good news for Donnie.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1311997059248123905

:ohdear:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

VH4Ever posted:

I really doubt this.

There Bias Two posted:

No, 2020 may have broken our collective brains, but this is legitimate.

Not trying to be a dick, but why do we believe anything at all coming out of this WH?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

quote:

Under the 25th Amendment, a medically incapacitated president has the option of temporarily transferring power to the vice president and can reclaim his authority whenever he deems himself fit for duty.

Since the amendment was ratified in 1967, presidents have done so only three times. In 1985, President Ronald Reagan underwent a colonoscopy and briefly turned over power to Vice President George Bush, although he did not explicitly cite the amendment in doing so. President George W. Bush did invoke the amendment twice in temporarily turning over power to Vice President Dick Cheney during colonoscopies in 2002 and 2007.

So Reagan did this for a colonoscopy and not when he was shot?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

The campaign/secret service probably found him some sugar pills to take and just told him it was Hydroxychloroquine.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

TulliusCicero posted:

This owns

What are the odds his campaign just falls completely apart at this point, or he resigns due to "health reasons"?
The former is already happening, while the latter will only occur if he is powerless to stop it. They knew Hicks was sick days ago, and that Trump was acting lethargic before the final testing diagnosis, and they hid it until it leaked to the media. Now they have absolutely no plan and everyone in Trump's inner circle has been exposed to him. Today is going to be an infinite shitshow.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

It would be really poetic if Hope Hicks wasn't patient zero for the White House, but through contact tracing we find out that in fact Donnie really is a superspreader

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
NPR already talking about 25thing trump lmao. loving NPR.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I owe you guys an apology. I have argued very strongly several times that there was no way Trump would pull out of the debates. I gotta hand it to you, you guys called it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

His last rally was only half as long as normal.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Fritz the Horse posted:

He probably wasn't.

I know, I just hope journalists remember to bring it up to his stupid lackeys during press briefings in the next few days

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

look at those two miserable, hateful, slouching white supremacists. disgusting.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It will be interesting to see how it goes, because the dude clearly has the best medical care in the nation but he is such a fundamentally unhealthy person that who knows.

BiggerBoat posted:

Getting shot is less invasive than a colonoscopy

torgo
Aug 13, 2003

Fun Shoe
Donald Trump a-went to town
Tweeting on his phone-a
Wouldn't wear a mask at all
Now he has the 'Rona

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Maybe it was the lack of taste that gave it away.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
That’s one way to get out of the debates.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

torgo posted:

Donald Trump a-went to town
Tweeting on his phone-a
Wouldn't wear a mask at all
Now he has the 'Rona

yeah, ok. good.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

BiggerBoat posted:

Wasn't time before surgery, he came really close to dying. The chain of command got a little dubious in the immediate aftermath.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempted_assassination_of_Ronald_Reagan#Immediate_response

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Eh, the military doesn't put it hackles up like that to lend credence to the president's dumb schemes.

Kennedy posted:

The Audacity of Hope

an AOL chatroom posted:

Infections Have Consequences

Also come on, it's one of these surely.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I have been signed up for the Trump campaign emails for a few months to witness the crazy. Really curious to see the titles today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

cochise posted:

Maybe it was the lack of taste that gave it away.

If "no taste" is a requisite for Covid then the fucker has had it his whole life.