Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Sygna suit Blue came around during the 1 year anniversary, and reran during christmas, alongside Sygna Suit Leaf with Venusaur. SS Blue is almost without question the best support/tank unit in the game, and literally can slot himself into any team.

And yeah currently we only have sygna suit Red with Charizard. I have a hunch we might get a regular Red near the 2 year anniversary but that's entirely a guess.

Good to know (though I’m curious what Pokemon a regular Red would have). Is SS Leaf any good then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Larryb posted:

Good to know (though I’m curious what Pokemon a regular Red would have). Is SS Leaf any good then?

Extremely. Her Razor Leaf is an AoE badly poison that also shreds defenses, she’s a potion user, and she has Mega Healing to lower the sync countdown and put gradual healing on your team. She rules.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vandar posted:

Extremely. Her Razor Leaf is an AoE badly poison that also shreds defenses, she’s a potion user, and she has Mega Healing to lower the sync countdown and put gradual healing on your team. She rules.

So what I’m getting is that a team of SS Red, SS Blue, and SS Leaf would basically be near unstoppable. I’ll have to try snagging those two if they ever become available again.

And in terms of attack order, which of the two makes the best meat shield?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Larryb posted:

So what I’m getting is that a team of SS Red, SS Blue, and SS Leaf would basically be near unstoppable. I’ll have to try snagging those two if they ever become available again.

And in terms of attack order, which of the two makes the best meat shield?

Oh yeah. SS-Blue and SS-Leaf were designed to support Red.

Their order to take hits should be Blue > Leaf > Red.

mabels big day posted:

So who has everyone 6*'d?

I'm actually pretty satisfied between events, CS Master Mode, and just occassional pulls, I can get enough 5* tickets to do at least 1 6* per month

I'm hoping that Olivia gets 6EX unlocked soon.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Thanks, anything in particular I should focus on when building Blue and Leaf’s Sync Grids?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I certainly wish I had SS Blue, but with amazing tanks like Sycamore he's a little less on the necessary side nowadays I'd imagine. I remember pulling for Leaf a lot more but now I barely use her, not that many situations where I need poison nowadays asides from Lyra in the Villa.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Larryb posted:

Thanks, anything in particular I should focus on when building Blue and Leaf’s Sync Grids?

What move level are you? If you are only 1/5 there's really no options to ponder over

For Blue, really the only 2 passives that I would say massively improve him are Pinpoint Entry and Brutal Clarity. Pinpoint Entry will activate after you Mega Evolve too, so you can basically max out your accuracy on your own. Everything else on his grid is up to preference. I would avoid Air Slash buffs though, since he loses that when he megas

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 24, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

mabels big day posted:

What move level are you? If you are only 1/5 there's really no options to ponder over

For Blue, really the only 2 passives that I would say massively improve him are Pinpoint Entry and Brutal Clarity. Pinpoint Entry will activate after you Mega Evolve too, so you can basically max out your accuracy on your own. Everything else on his grid is up to preference. I would avoid Air Slash buffs though, since he loses that when he megas

I was referring to his SS version actually. I don’t have him or Leaf yet but I was just trying to prepare for if/when I do get them (which would also finally give me a good excuse to dump Serena and Skyla). Though on the subject, are normal Blue/Leaf any good as well?

Red will probably remain my main man for the foreseeable future though but the problem is that he’s a glass cannon that must be protected at all costs.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Larryb posted:

I was referring to his SS version actually. I don’t have him or Leaf yet but I was just trying to prepare for if/when I do get them (which would also finally give me a good excuse to dump Serena and Skyla). Though on the subject, are normal Blue/Leaf any good as well?

Red will probably remain my main man for the foreseeable future though but the problem is that he’s a glass cannon that must be protected at all costs.

https://pokemon-masters-stuff.github.io/#/

Use this and check Blastoise's grid out. It's actually bigger than other characters, because they literally went in after a week or so of his release and added extra stuff to it, presumably because not enough people were pulling for him. He's honestly got an insane amount of passives and team buffs. Literally he can do everything

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

SS-Blue was way underpowered compared to the other two SS-Kanto units when he released so they overcompensated on buffing him *and* kept his banner up for like a month longer. It was kind of crazy.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Larryb posted:

Normal Blue is a very, very good Flying striker. Leaf is okay, but without any new co-op stuff she's lost her main gimmick of being able to pass on buffs to teammates.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Vandar posted:

SS-Blue was way underpowered compared to the other two SS-Kanto units when he released so they overcompensated on buffing him *and* kept his banner up for like a month longer. It was kind of crazy.

Personally I thought Blue was crazy good to begin with, I never really understood the complaints.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

mabels big day posted:

So who has everyone 6*'d?

Good taste fellow Guzma haver. I guess my next EX should be Morty? Ghost is the only type I have trouble with in CS these days, mainly because none of the pairs are very good. Still got Leaf and Hilbert and Barry and oh man it just never ends!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wally is a nerd and I will never EX him. I want to EX Bianca but I want to pull an extra copy or two first

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The super spotlight fair goes up tonight, with Steven + Lance + Cynthia + SS Cynthia, as well as the Two Champions story event.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

As an FYI, there's a training area 50% boost right now. It's significant enough that I might put off the Two Champions event clearing for it, especially since you tend to finish those events fairly quickly. Get those levels up to 135 for all your various friends! I was actually running out of the Ultra+ Drinks for some reason, so I'm working on that a mite.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/PokemonMasters/status/1397417213531934720?s=20

We did it. :toot:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Who are y'all gonna use your move candies on? I still have one of each saved up from recent coin thresholds, so I could make certain 1/5 characters 3/5s if I wanted to, like some old fairs (Steven, Cynthia for example). I think one support candy is earmarked for the New Year's Lillie I keep on using... it also depends on who I pull soon, since I feel like the time for spending will soon rear its head. Been saving Gems for long enough that I have a guaranteed scout and I'm about a third of the way to the next one.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Waiting for summer/2nd year anni to use them. I'd rather pull 1 or 2 of a character I want and use coins than commit 37k gems to get max scout points for it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm going to bump SS-Leaf and SS-Blue up to 3/5. I haven't decided what I'm doing with the strike candy yet.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Strike: Cynthia
Tech: save
Support: SS Blue

I'm close to getting more with coins in each type, so my next strike one goes to N, and the next Support is also Blue. I guess I just hope for SS Leaf rerun for the Techs because my only other consideration is Volkner, who is both not limited and does his job at 1/5.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

There are a lot of 1/5s I have I'd like to use coins on but they're all regular pool characters so I would feel bad if I end up pulling them again later

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Big update today! Huge one! We got Battle Point sync pairs added, which starting with the event on May 31st will allow you to collect points to get Vouchers to exchange for free "variant" sync pairs, like Morty & Mismagius. These pairs have been added to my google sheet. Don't expect to get the legendaries in there soon, but it's something to look forward to.

May 31st's event, incidentally, is the official debut of the Team Aqua and Team Magma leaders. Maxie will be scoutable that day, with Archie scoutable the day after. These are both Master Pairs, so they have the 12% odds with 1% focus. Keep that in mind if you want em. Their Master Passives are focused on increasing physical attack and special attack of Hoenn pairs respectively.

A new kind of event debuts on June 3rd, called an Extreme Battle Event. I don't know what this is.

On June 7th, we get a new story chapter, along with the rerun and sync grid of Main Character & Solgaleo. Also Battle Villa opens again. Two days after that, Legendary Arena Entei reopens, presumably with more special missions for extra gems.

June 10th sees a special event focused on getting Battle Points, while the day after debuts an Alola-focused Solo event. For the duration, every two days there will be normal scouts for Lana & Araquanid, Kiawe & Alolan Marowak, Hala & Crabominable, and Masked Royal & Incineroar in that order. These all appear to be normal scouts, so they'll be in the pool of all other units! That's a lot of fresh blood.

There's some other stuff as the month goes on, like more egg events, training area rally, and a rerun of Legendary Arena Regirock.

You all don't mind spoilers like this right? I can easily keep this to myself in the future but let me know.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Keep posting, Al. These kind of spoilers are good to have.

Thread with all the new pairs:

https://twitter.com/absolutelypm/status/1397794833096347649?s=20

Also Plumeria is getting her EX upgrade soon.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
The big question is how will the BP acquisition rate be? Those are some amazing rewards for a month, nice rewards for three months, and underwhelming for 6 months, for example.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Masked Royal is my most wanted character, I wish he was on a Pokefair. DeNA has no respect for Kukui as the strongest trainer in Alola

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

What does Kukui have to do with the Masked Royal?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Vandar posted:

What does Kukui have to do with the Masked Royal?

They're both powerful champ-like figures in Alola, and DeNA doesnt respect either enough to grant them that status

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

MarquiseMindfang posted:

The big question is how will the BP acquisition rate be? Those are some amazing rewards for a month, nice rewards for three months, and underwhelming for 6 months, for example.

Correct, we will get 1700 points next month, though we'll know for sure when the events start. Would definitely focus on getting one pair to 3/5 and then think about getting a legendary sometime in late 2021. All depends how generous they are with BP.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Correct, we will get 1700 points next month, though we'll know for sure when the events start. Would definitely focus on getting one pair to 3/5 and then think about getting a legendary sometime in late 2021. All depends how generous they are with BP.

Just use the 4* candies we get....

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

But what if I need them???

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Considering we literally haven't had any units we can reasonably use 4* Support Candy on until now, it's safe to say you won't need them. I think.

It's hard to know who to get first though. And now I'm waffling on whether I want to pull for Maxie just to have a better Ground striker than Cynthia or continue to save for like the rest of the entire month. Honestly I would pull just to get more random 5* units I missed out on, maybe.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I'm in the same boat. I have terminal Cynthia favouritism, though, so it's staying my hand. Just. I still have a really itchy pulling finger, but with no good targets...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Our rewards for the Land and Sea event are up.

The Maxie banner is up too, though if you're going to roll on a Hoenn Master Pair I'd wait for Archie instead.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Instructions unclear, pulled Maxie.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Are either of them worth getting/using?

For that matter, how are the Galar trainers? I've only been able to pull Piers so far.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 31, 2021

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I got Maxie in two 11 pulls! But I didn't get anyone else, it was a veritable sea of 3* Power Ups out there. My reasoning being that if I want water offense I don't really need to look very far - I have Cyrus, I have May, I have Sygna Grimsley... is Archie better than all of them? Probably so, but does that matter for the content I'm doing? Not in particular, in my opinion. But do I hate using 1/5 Cynthia and wish I had someone better? Absolutely!

I'm not sure if I'm gonna pull more. I was really hoping for more 5*s instead of nothing. But the gifts are nice and I might want to press on to see if my luck changes. I have quite a bit of gems saved up after all...

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah both of these units are absolutely busted, Archie even moreso but if you already have good options then are they necessarily? Nah, game is easy enough.

If you don't have Cynthia then Maxie is obvious to get for Ground CS but even if you do have her, Maxie makes a great sun support with Solarbeam for your Grass/Fire teams, you can finally retire Blaine.

Archie is just ridiculous, he has so many multipliers and has the perfect partner in May, who was already one of the best units in the game. Add in Roxanne for full Hoenn or SS Blue for full Water and you'll never struggle again. But at the same time, if you have May or EX Barry, you already clear Water stages with little issue, does it matter if you clear it slightly faster with Archie.

That's the slight issue with this game, powercreep outstripped content quite a while ago, so the answer to "Is [recent gacha unit] good?" The answer is pretty much always yes.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I ended up doing 4 11 pulls on the Maxie banner to get the 5* powerup bonus items. Only thing of note I got was my first Bea.

Did a single pull on Archie, got my 2nd May which is just as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I'm going to be idly pulling on Archie all month. All I got so far was Gladion who is new but I also hear sucks, and Ethan to 2/5.