Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
man I miss Factor 5

Lair wasn't even THAT bad but

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

kirbysuperstar posted:

man I miss Factor 5

Lair wasn't even THAT bad but

:smith:

Didn't they eventually even patch it to have normal controls? I guess it was too late by that point.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Who is making the PS2 thread?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah they did. Also if you played it on PSP via remote play it had normal controls too lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Who is making the PS2 thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3902050

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Holy poo poo.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Holy poo poo.

We believe in generations.

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi
Happy to have original disc version of dragon's dogma and Nier. Not so happy about having spent money on Armored Core V and Shadows of the Damned.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Japanese digital butt rock is the most amazing form of music ever created by humans.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Japanese digital butt rock is the most amazing form of music ever created by humans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePypW6n1egQ

The GOAT

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I cannot believe there is actual nostalgia for the PS3. It was agonizingly slow to navigate and the controllers were awful on it. I couldn't wait to move to PS4.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kirios posted:

I cannot believe there is actual nostalgia for the PS3. It was agonizingly slow to navigate and the controllers were awful on it. I couldn't wait to move to PS4.

if sony had the courage to let you play PS3 games on any of their newer consoles, there would be no nostalgia from me. i just like the games!
the UI on the machine is nice but yes it is mega slow and the DS3 is a cheap piece of rubbish controller. i am so sad Sony didn't figure out a way to play PS2/PS3 games natively on the PS4 or PS5

dog nougat posted:

My paltry library. Have a fair amount of digital titles as well

Ineffiable posted:

What's that you say, if Ineffiable loves Demon's Souls and loves Dark Souls even more than that, what does that look like?
s.

morallyobjected posted:

I've downsized over the years, so here's what remains of my physical collection:

great collection pics. blessed

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Dualshock 3 really does suck dog dick. Using this horrible rear end PS1 controller in 2013...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-HFa5xOmo0

:pray:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

veni veni veni posted:

The Dualshock 3 really does suck dog dick. Using this horrible rear end PS1 controller in 2013...

My favorite thing about the DS3 is the gook the thumbsticks secrete over time when left untouched.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

My favorite thing about the DS3 is the gook the thumbsticks secrete over time when left untouched.

I think that's just the particular thermoplastic compound literally decomposing over time, kind of like shoes made of PU.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I think that's just the particular thermoplastic compound literally decomposing over time, kind of like shoes made of PU.

Whatever it is, it tastes like a mix between a peanut and a car tire.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Ineffiable posted:

Hey guess what my favorite ps3 game is.

It's actually Dark Souls

Haha ive done this but with resident evils throughout the eons :negative:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I still have 6 PS3 games on disc

- Dark Souls PTDE
- Demon's Souls
- Bionic Commando
- Bayonetta
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
- Vanquish

Desert island ps3 dics right there

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

What's that you say, if Ineffiable loves Demon's Souls and loves Dark Souls even more than that, what does that look like?

First cubby on the bottom left is from software ps1 games, demon's souls and bloodborne. Next cubby is various Dark Souls editions, including two Japanese ones in the front with the best cover art. Third cubby is my Japanese DS1-3 limited editions plus USA ps4 sealed copies of Dark Souls 1-3. The last two cubbies to the right are some of my ps3 limited edition games.

Holy gently caress

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i keep meaning to play the og Dark Souls 2 on PS3, i never played that version so i'm only Scholared

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Vikar Jerome posted:

Desert island ps3 dics right there

Bionic Commando?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

BisterdDave posted:

Bionic Commando?

I assumed it was the remake of the nes game with the killer soundtrack

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Vikar Jerome posted:

I assumed it was the remake of the nes game with the killer soundtrack

I just always assumed it was regarded as bad. Hmm, maybe I need to find a copy now.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

BisterdDave posted:

I just always assumed it was regarded as bad. Hmm, maybe I need to find a copy now.

the original owns on nes. for me it was always one of those games that i never owned back in the day 1 friend did but they wouldnt lend it me, they'd just bring it round and we played a few levels.

the 360/ps3 remake is great and they made a remake sequel but there was also a 3D BC which i dont know if its any good, so beanpole weigh in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daDiZrmZb-c

remake ost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91wTtZ2Qg0k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyFLuTZnXpI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBIv71kUsEI

also never did check out rearmed 2 (or the 3d ones) so i guess i gotta check them out, on ps3!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MEi4tcYMGI

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I had no idea the Rearmed remakes even existed, I just thought the 3D game was the only thing that was made for new Bionic Commando.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
The track that plays on the ReArmed launch trailer is called Power Plant and might be one of my favorite tracks from any game ever, up there with Forest from Castle Crashers and the Hi-Tone Fandango.

Some of this stuff is gone and there's a random copy of Dark Souls 2's original release I keep meaning to send to QoP and keep forgetting but mostly this is what's sort of just chilling under my workbench.

https://imgur.com/XQSmspL

https://imgur.com/828Mhnr

Casnorf fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jul 23, 2021

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whoa you did it prof, you are the man.

I will get a photo of my PS3 collection up in a bit. I probably have over 500 digital games but a pretty solid physical collection too to which I just recently added Yakuza Kenzan and GTA4 complete edition to.

My real issue was I had six DS3s and none of them were working. Most of them had random inputs happening all the time. Turns out you can open them up and put a shim under the ribbon cable so it makes better contact and they totally work great again so now I have 4 working DS3s again!

They are a pretty meh controller though, but if you hate em that much a DualSense works really well with the PS3

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Resistance was better than people give it credit for. It's still an Insomniac game, so the weapons are interesting and the moment-to-moment shooting gameplay is still solid. The health system, with four smaller regenerating segments rather than a whole regenerating health bar, makes for tense but survivable fights.

Sure was brown as gently caress, though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s interesting how Sony went in big on two FPS Trilogies with Killzone and Resistance on PS3 and then only one Killzone game on PS4. Was that the only big first party FPS on PS4? Seems like Sony saw that market was already saturated by COD etc and went into mega budget third person action games.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PS1-4 shelves (and Demon's Souls PS5) along with some other rando stuff. Clearly I started going mostly digital at this point, but I am enjoying my recent PS3/4 physical media purchasing spree I have been on.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Did you get that cubivore recently?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It’s interesting how Sony went in big on two FPS Trilogies with Killzone and Resistance on PS3 and then only one Killzone game on PS4. Was that the only big first party FPS on PS4? Seems like Sony saw that market was already saturated by COD etc and went into mega budget third person action games.

can't believe you already forgot about smash hit The Order 1886

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

morallyobjected posted:

can't believe you already forgot about smash hit The Order 1886

that's a weird looking FPS :thunk:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

My PS3 collection is underwhelming considering I was mostly playing on the PC back then. And most of the big name PS3 exclusive didn't really interest me.

Don't know if I'll ever be nostalgic for it. Aside from the stuff I own, it didn't leave an impression on me like the PS1/PS2 or even the PS4 now.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that's a weird looking FPS :thunk:

I remembered it being FPS, but I guess not! looks like *I* was the one who forgot. what a foolish fool I've been

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I bought the PS3 version of MGSV out of curiosity a while back and it's actually pretty good. You can even delete individual dlc items from HDD so you can do missions without weapons, which isn't possible in PS4 version.

Another game I've meant to revisit is Peace Walker HD. That game has ton of character even if it's less of a stealth game and more like Monster Hunter.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Peace Walker is lowkey the best MGS game in the entire series. You can play the entire thing in 2-player co-op!!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Casnorf posted:

Did you get that cubivore recently?

Nope got is used ages ago (there is still a faded GameStop receipt in the case) but then I just found out it’s worth hundreds of dollars so I had pulled it out to see what sort of shape it was in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

Nope got is used ages ago (there is still a faded GameStop receipt in the case) but then I just found out it’s worth hundreds of dollars so I had pulled it out to see what sort of shape it was in

I sold one without a manual for $500 not too long ago and that one looks enough like the one I sold that, whoo, wouldn't that be a small world. Just woulda been super odd.