Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I started a few days ago as well. Here's the teams I have so far. I got Eicy and Beryl last night, so I'm feeling a bit stuck on what team I should start seriously investing in. Wondering if any goons find one of my teams more compelling than the others.

Started the game with Nikinis, but rolled Carleen after beating Chapter 1, so this team took a back seat to blue until I beat chapter 3 and got Areia on selector. Rolled Beryl last night, but so far, she is underwhelming and clearly not as good as Areia. So despite having two 6*, I'm not opposed to sidelining the team if another element looks better.

Also, this team does something strange to the auto-battle AI and I lose a ton of auto-battles as the team just stops going after enemies and runs around dancing on 3 or 4 green tiles.

Between 2 teleports plus Vice and Jane ignoring distances, I have a hunch that this would be my best performing team for auto farming. Makes it very attractive to start raising first. Argument against it is that it probably lacks damage potential for harder content. And I'd really like to replace Blanc and Jane completely one day.

My sketchiest element and the only one without a 6*. I'm not sure if my 5* Converters can make up for the lack of a 6* one. Still, all the roles are there so it's not a disaster.

I just got Eicy last night. I'd probably flex out Alice for Pepi depending on map. I'm not that enthusiastic about Benny and Curo, but maybe someone has some insight on their performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

the autobattle ai is real basic. you can mitigate it (to a degree) by running a sniper captain, as they'll generally whittle things down regardless, but teleporting in place or running around randomly are par for the course.

forest team looks solid, i wouldn't worry about swapping. it's light on utility, but that's just forest in general, which tends to rely on big damage instead. water team is serviceable, lightning is actually pretty good -- just need to swap out mia for kafka, who is stronger despite the lower rarity. benny&curo are decent, only real upgrades would be leona (from the ch3 box, but areia is who i'd pick anyway) or one of the 6* sniper/detonators.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
My current thunder team is 2 4-stars because Kefka and Tessa have amazing A3 abilities and multipliers on their kit.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

FYI there's not a whole lot of reason to go pure mono color outside of spire.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Hi posted:

my other fires are
Nails
Chandra
Alice
Patty n Patsy
Brock

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think Alice is one of the very few fire healers so might want to put some effort into he.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

New Leaf posted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think Alice is one of the very few fire healers so might want to put some effort into he.

Yeah, it's pretty much her, Victoria, and Eicy, and the latter two are 6 stars who aren't really true healers.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

as someone relying on Eicy exclusively for heals: yeah that poo poo's inconsistent as hell and sometimes I just eat poo poo anyway :v:

Honestly I'd take a fire version of Noah, too, that could be fun

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The hard mode of the new event levels is actually pretty tricky. I had to switch to my higher level forest spire team from the Fleur + fire True Order squad I had been using in the event.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

New Leaf posted:

I picked up Faust and Regina this morning (and a dupe gronru), Alice is real useful but definitely my least favorite of my red team line up, current fire team is

I made mono teams for the other elements
I havent leveled most of them yet cause I havent had a need to

Pact is super cool but I dont have the green team to support her, red definitely still seems like my strongest team.. not sure if I bring back Barbara or Regina in place of Alice tho

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

ehh, alice is worth uncapping once or twice, there are stages where you really gotta grind out some hits & would need to be severely overleveled to go healerless. your other teams are close to being good as well. vivian+dayna -> tessa+kafka(4*s) is a great lightning team, and forest could pick up areia+sikare from chapter boxes (if you didn't already use them) replacing silvia+jola. water just needs a healer, which would be old philyshy from the shop, replacing constantine.

- - -

still climbing!! the stages after 70 are some real bastards, with 72 lookin like the revenge of the solmorphs :ghost:

also, some redemption codes (notices/events menu -> 'code redeeming center' at the bottom) i'd missed:
summer
tirhotel100
summerevent

there's a handful more if you wanna dig them up, quiz questions or something, but the rewards are pretty wimpy.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

_jink posted:

ehh, alice is worth uncapping once or twice, there are stages where you really gotta grind out some hits & would need to be severely overleveled to go healerless. your other teams are close to being good as well. vivian+dayna -> tessa+kafka(4*s) is a great lightning team, and forest could pick up areia+sikare from chapter boxes (if you didn't already use them) replacing silvia+jola. water just needs a healer, which would be old philyshy from the shop, replacing constantine.

vivian+dayna and tessa+kafka doesnt leave room for a healer if I bring gronru tho ?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Any element where you have both 4 tile converters (Sariel + Klekken, Eicy + Faust, Nikinis + Pact, Gronru + Bethany) is like 80% of the way to a really strong team. Something to consider when building your teams.

Has anyone cleared floor 90 of the spire yet? Some of the damage checks in the last 10 floors get crazy. I'm on 87 and even with A3 30 units I'm so far below the recommended level it's just listed as ???.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Hi posted:

vivian+dayna and tessa+kafka doesnt leave room for a healer if I bring gronru tho ?

sorry, meant swap out vivan+dayna, leaving tessa/kafka/gronru/beverly/nadine. they fill the same roles, but are better characters despite the lower rarity.

The Moon Monster posted:

Has anyone cleared floor 90 of the spire yet? Some of the damage checks in the last 10 floors get crazy. I'm on 87 and even with A3 30 units I'm so far below the recommended level it's just listed as ???.

holy poo poo lol i thought the spire capped at 80. terrifying.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

_jink posted:

sorry, meant swap out vivan+dayna, leaving tessa/kafka/gronru/beverly/nadine. they fill the same roles, but are better characters despite the lower rarity.

holy poo poo lol i thought the spire capped at 80. terrifying.

It did originally but they added another ten floors with the Hiiro event.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

The Moon Monster posted:

Any element where you have both 4 tile converters (Sariel + Klekken, Eicy + Faust, Nikinis + Pact, Gronru + Bethany) is like 80% of the way to a really strong team. Something to consider when building your teams.

Where do the “flooder”/cross converters (Nemesis, Barton, presumably Sikare and Maggie) fit into this? Skill cooldown too long?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

AweStriker posted:

Where do the “flooder”/cross converters (Nemesis, Barton, presumably Sikare and Maggie) fit into this? Skill cooldown too long?

They're great if you get 4 dupes (breakthrough 5) which makes them preemptive, pretty niche otherwise. For instance Nemesis is a good compliment to Wrath since Wrath needs a big turn when her 5 turn CD skill is ready, and Nemesis's skill comes up at the same time and almost guarantees her that big turn. But in most cases the 4 tile converters are going to do more for you.

There are a lot of spire floors with a ten turn limit, or similar if you want to 3 star a story map; check out how many times you could use converter skills there.

Columns are: turn number, 4 tile converter, breakthrough 5 cross converter, breakthrough 2 cross converter, <2 breakthrough cross converter. Rows are skill cooldowns.

code:
10     use       use       4         5
9       2         4        3         4
8       1         3        2         3
7      use        2        1         2
6       2         1       use        1
5       1        use       4        use
4      use        4        3         5
3       2         3        2         4
2       1         2        1         3
1      use        1       use        2
So breakthroughs are pretty huge for them, and at below breakthrough 2 (1 dupe) they can barely use their skill. Extremely powerful when they do use it though, I'm saving up my SS star gems to full breakthrough one of them when they appear in the shop. They're extremely good at breakthrough 5, where they can use their skill twice before a 4 tile converter uses theirs 3 times.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Aug 25, 2021

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I like using Nemesis even though her skill's cooldown is absurd because her chain combo attack is ranged like a Sniper's, so that makes up for it. Barton's design I really like but not having as much of the range hurts him, I think

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?

The Moon Monster posted:

Stuck on forest 89 because I feel like I need hiros bt for preemptive.

l0lwhat fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Aug 26, 2021

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I just noticed the summer event hub's art is of Beryl and Smokey about to faceplant on to some sort of land mine and get turned into a fine red mist. Grim!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

l0lwhat posted:

Stuck on forest 89 because I feel like I need hiros bt for preemptive.

What level is your team and what weapon upgrade are you on? I've been lax lately and haven't put a ton of time into Spire lately, just curious what you need to get that far.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

New redemption code: Bonacie

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?

New Leaf posted:

What level is your team and what weapon upgrade are you on? I've been lax lately and haven't put a ton of time into Spire lately, just curious what you need to get that far.

my forest team is pretty stacked, top row has weapon lvl10

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I just hit 89 and I'm at pretty similar spot level-wise. Recommended level is A3 74, but I think the only level where the recommendation hasn't been way above what I needed was 43. But then this level looks a lot like 43...

And yeah, all your DPS should have weapons at level 10 by that point. I've also got a bunch in Gabriel's since her CC is good enough to use her like 70% of a detonator.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

I just hit 89 and I'm at pretty similar spot level-wise. Recommended level is A3 74, but I think the only level where the recommendation hasn't been way above what I needed was 43. But then this level looks a lot like 43...

And yeah, all your DPS should have weapons at level 10 by that point. I've also got a bunch in Gabriel's since her CC is good enough to use her like 70% of a detonator.

You've done all that and you've never found additional Uriah to Breakthrough?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

New Leaf posted:

Hi, that's me

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

New Leaf posted:

Yup, I'm just grateful I've found any at all. There are some other 4 stars I use like Nails that I've gotten zero dupes of. Meanwhile I've got like 12 Ansias. Great luck overall though, I'm 100% free to play so far, although I'm probably going to drop $10 on that event book thing eventually.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Man those are stacked teams yeesh but I guess to be expected if you got to 89. Awesome.

I have held off urges to randomly pull but got impatient despite a new rotating banner coming in a few days. Decide I will pull on mainstay until I at least get a 4. Boom Gabriel on my first pull and my green team sorely needed a converter.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

If anyone with Gabriel can figure out what kind of gifts she likes that would be great.. She seems to hate everything.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

New Leaf posted:

If anyone with Gabriel can figure out what kind of gifts she likes that would be great.. She seems to hate everything.

https://alchemystars.kloenlansfiel.com/aurorian/Gabriel

This website in general is a great resource. If you're on mobile, the three dots bottom right to see gifts.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
Gotta admit, preemptive cross converter and preemptive double damage is enormously helpful.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

New Leaf posted:

Don't gifts a character likes always show up with a heart in the corner? Also she's from Lumopolis so if you're talking about gifts you can buy from the secret shop get the ones that say Lumopolis in the description.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

https://alchemystars.kloenlansfiel.com/aurorian/Gabriel

This website in general is a great resource. If you're on mobile, the three dots bottom right to see gifts.

Oh wow that is a great site, thanks!

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?

Im looking for a spire team out of all my available fire chars. Any ideas?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

l0lwhat posted:

Im looking for a spire team out of all my available fire chars. Any ideas?

Victoria, Nails, Faust, Eicy, Istvan. Be sure to level up Eicy's equipment so her healing is worth a drat. You could also swap Istvan for Alice if Victoria + Eicy healing isn't cutting it, or Pepi if you need mobility.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Just to double check but it's currently impossible to fill out the Summer Battle Pass thing off of just the currently released events right?

And is there ever an explanation on how building a giant robot was supposed to fix Fleur's problem?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

mycot posted:

Just to double check but it's currently impossible to fill out the Summer Battle Pass thing off of just the currently released events right?

And is there ever an explanation on how building a giant robot was supposed to fix Fleur's problem?

Yeah, I think if you did a bunch of energy refreshes to get every possible point available so far you'd be at around 30/60. I'm assuming you'll be able to max it out without buying levels, but I couldn't say for sure at this point.

I guess Fleur's deal is that he just wants to build cool machines but a horde of people who think he's super sexy keep getting in his way, so he finally did get to build one and that's good :shrug:

Beryl was definitely the star of the event.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

New code - scarlet lette

No, there is no "r" at the end. Lette.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

you shouldn't be able to max out the battle pass yet, and we're waiting on the unlocks for stage 2 when the event after the current one ends.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Vitamean posted:

you shouldn't be able to max out the battle pass yet, and we're waiting on the unlocks for stage 2 when the event after the current one ends.

That and there are 800 daily points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

glancing at the jp tier list it looks like i picked the only silent hunter who isn't getting top marks. rip. she does get bumped up with max breakthrough, but that is, apparently, 10 star crests in total. hopefully the first skill upgrade is good enough.