Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Odd Wilson posted:

I'll probably pop in to watch it a bit over the next few days myself

Nice! I'm in a position to be able to watch them at work, so I'll get to enjoy them live a lot more.

Looking forward to Jingle Cats tonight, and Hat Films music sesh next week the most personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ohh these are what veeg is streaming with

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Why do you think I am always pressing the wrong buttons?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Merry CHRISTmas

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Macaluso posted:

Merry CHRISTmas

Happy Honda Days

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Evil Kit posted:

Nice! I'm in a position to be able to watch them at work, so I'll get to enjoy them live a lot more.

Looking forward to Jingle Cats tonight, and Hat Films music sesh next week the most personally.

Ah heck I totes forgot about Simon's Important videos. They're very important.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

Why do you think I am always pressing the wrong buttons?

I don't know because they're VERY clearly labelled

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Waffleman_ posted:

Happy Honda Days

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1597772706782613505?s=20&t=GgjV75mt3qkAw5suiBcMnQ

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

I don't know because they're VERY clearly labelled

Ahhh...
Yeah...

Kind of a self own there.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
wavetale looks neat but otherwise i don't think there are any December releases I'm interested in

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I wonder if RE7 hits different for people who aren't from the Gulf Coast. The broken down house is absolutely spot on for an abandoned hurricane wreck, and the black mold poo poo is no joke, that's all real.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I like videya games.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gripweed posted:

I wonder if RE7 hits different for people who aren't from the Gulf Coast. The broken down house is absolutely spot on for an abandoned hurricane wreck, and the black mold poo poo is no joke, that's all real.

for some reason, i'm generally okay with all the moldering mildew stuff, but all those baker family fridges that haven't had the power on for years make me wanna hurl every time i see them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Gripweed posted:

and the black mold poo poo is no joke, that's all real.

Including the part where it forms into monsters that walk around trying to kill you?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Lawman 0 posted:

I like videya games.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Lawman 0 posted:

I like videya games.

Which ones?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

Including the part where it forms into monsters that walk around trying to kill you?

Technically yes

Black mold is alive and it is walking and spreading slow and steady to kill you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm probably gonna spend the month polishing off short games on my remaining Game Pass sub, I just bought a home and the various costs associated with that mean that money is a bit tight until I start getting my holiday season paychecks in. I'm still working on Bugsnax and Unpacking, and I'm installing Chinatown Detective Agency.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Lawman 0 posted:

I like videya games.

Prove it, name every video game

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Macaluso posted:

Final Fantasy 1-1000

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Check out the Google doodle today, it's about Jerry Lawson. A cute and sweet tribute :shobon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Macaluso posted:

Let's all do it I'll go first

Pong

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
destrega

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

I am unreasonably excited to play a slightly better than emulated version of Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song, a nearly 20 year old game. Like a fool I decided to get it on steam, both because I wanted to play it on the steam deck, and in case there was some big issue that might need to be modded, but that means that instead of playing at 9pm last night I'm waiting til 10am this morning. Like a fool!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Pong 2

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Crystal Castles starring Bentley Bear

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Jet Set Willy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/numetal_moment/status/1598096991988649988?s=20&t=49NDPqyERcBk4oNt-3sFFQ

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Hopefully Callisto Protocol is good

Reviews drop on launch day, that has me a little nervous. I haven't pre-ordered on Steam yet so its not like it matters, but i've been waiting years for this game, I just really want it to be good.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
anybody got links to past goty threads? assuming they're not archived.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They should all be in the goldmine not sure if you need Archives to read them though

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rinkles posted:

anybody got links to past goty threads? assuming they're not archived.

i believe the last one is in the good mine and has links to the others somewhere in it:

2021 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3987583

2020 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3950329

2019 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906060

2018 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3875640

Amp fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 1, 2022

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the last one should be in the comedy gas chamber, due to the winner

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i've beaten 50 2022 games so i have officially gotten a top 50 together, although i still am playing some games to push the worst stuff out of the back of the list

last year had 14 games that I scored 80+, this year's going to have possibly 18 at minimum. nothing that scored as high as psychonauts 2 did, though. no game scored in the 90s for me although that is actually very very hard to do based on my criteria and numerical values

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Here's last year's GOTY, it's got links to the rest

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the last one should be in the comedy gas chamber, due to the winner

No that's what goons will want this year when Elden Ring doesn't win

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
there is like a zero percent chance that Elden Ring doesn't win this year, as badass as i would find it if something like Xenoblade 3 won

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

thanks i found it, but i don't see links to the previous ones. sorry if i missed them.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The 7th Guest posted:

i've beaten 50 2022 games so i have officially gotten a top 50 together, although i still am playing some games to push the worst stuff out of the back of the list

last year had 14 games that I scored 80+, this year's going to have possibly 18 at minimum. nothing that scored as high as psychonauts 2 did, though. no game scored in the 90s for me although that is actually very very hard to do based on my criteria and numerical values

i follow a film critic who uses this rating system and i always liked it lol

it's like, anything above 70 is probably a top ten of the year, anything in the 90s is an all time masterpiece and i think he's rated like five or six films ever a 100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rinkles posted:

thanks i found it, but i don't see links to the previous ones. sorry if i missed them.

Oh no I forgot them last year :ohdear:

Here's 2020 with links to the previous ones