Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

lol at thinking that Allen is more creative or has a better arm than Mahomes.

“Kenny Pickett: What if Josh Allen had just OK tools?” is an A+ troll though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Looking at Doordash options on having wings delivered to my place on Thursday.

Also noticed a food cart in the newly-renovated pod across from work has wings, so I'm debating on just getting some there and having them be lukewarm when I arrive in time for kickoff.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Purdy at 32 is pretty funny, but I feel like if you asked fans of the teams that want to change their QB would they rather have Purdy or any of the 3 rookies, way way way more would rather have one of the 3 rookies then Purdy.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I can’t look at the list but how is Purdy below, say Sam Howell?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pron on VHS posted:

I can’t look at the list but how is Purdy below, say Sam Howell?

He's above, the list goes to 34, because Tom Brady is on the list at #11 and Kyler at #12. Howell is #33 and Other Cardinals QB is #34. I know he's listed with a name, but whatever.

Baker and Ridder and the three rookies are inbetween Purdy and #26 Pickett, which I think is about as far up as you can justify putting Purdy.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm still not a Brock believer and think he gets benched sometime this season

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All Purdy needed to do was beat the Cowboys

He did it, retire now

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Our long wait is over. At last, another Cowboys/Giants primetime game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Dave posted:

Our long wait is over. At last, another Cowboys/Giants primetime game.

It is pretty funny inbetween the Sunday national game, SNF and MNF, we're 6 for 6 on East teams.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

It is pretty funny inbetween the Sunday national game, SNF and MNF, we're 6 for 6 on East teams.

As it should be. NFC East Clownball deserves the primetime spotlight.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Harlock posted:

I'm still not a Brock believer and think he gets benched sometime this season

For Darnold? I doubt it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I do think Allen has a better arm than Mahomes in that if you just lined them up at the goal line and had them throw it as far as they can Allen would win by a bit.

Um...yeah the other stuff though.

Nov 6, 2002

Allen is more creative at banging his teammates wives.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Grittybeard posted:

I do think Allen has a better arm than Mahomes in that if you just lined them up at the goal line and had them throw it as far as they can Allen would win by a bit.

Um...yeah the other stuff though.

Allen vs Herbert would be fun

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Pimpcasso posted:

Titans are going to return to their dominant form
9-7 and a tie or something now I guess

Excited to lose to the worst team in the league, get a weird win against one of the best teams in the league, and finish just outside of the playoffs to the Colts Of All Teams because the AFC South is bullshit.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

If Mahomes was in any way creative, he'd figure out something else to put on his dang steaks!!!

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Looking at the written bits, it seems like "Creativity" is their code for QB running ability. So like Lamar Jackson so-called Creativity is off the chart, Allen and Hurts are both very high, etc. Mahomes is less great at the ground-game (still good, just not doing as much as what Allen or Jackson will do), though extending a play to make a throw he is second-to-none.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Gonna hit up one of my favorite local dives for a Lions watch party on Thursday; haven't determined my plans yet for the Panthers game, but am very happy to have a weekend full of football ahead. Go Cats.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Gully Foyle posted:

Looking at the written bits, it seems like "Creativity" is their code for QB running ability. So like Lamar Jackson so-called Creativity is off the chart, Allen and Hurts are both very high, etc. Mahomes is less great at the ground-game (still good, just not doing as much as what Allen or Jackson will do), though extending a play to make a throw he is second-to-none.
Yeah, Allen is definitely a much more dangerous runner than Mahomes and maybe has a slightly stronger arm, but Mahomes is both better at reading defenses and a considerably more accurate passer, which more than makes up the difference. He's easily the best QB in the league.

Allen's in the next group down with Herbie and Burrow and maybe a few others.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Yeah, Allen is definitely a much more dangerous runner than Mahomes and maybe has a slightly stronger arm, but Mahomes is both better at reading defenses and a considerably more accurate passer, which more than makes up the difference. He's easily the best QB in the league.

Allen's in the next group down with Herbie and Burrow and maybe a few others.

Doesn't Mahomes famously and publicly not read defenses? He's just a superstar.

I want to see the Allen vs Herbert arm strength throw-off.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Diva Cupcake posted:

“Kenny Pickett: What if Josh Allen had just OK tools?” is an A+ troll though.

"Honey I shrunk Joe Burrow." was good, too.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

you guys heard of this "foot ball" stuff? seems cool!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FOOOOOOOOOTBAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL

LETS SMOOTHIE SOME BRAINS FOLKS

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

IIRC, he said he didn’t really learn how to read NFL defenses until somewhere during his second season as a starter, meaning he’d already had an MVP/5000 yard/50 TD season prior to that.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

a neat cape posted:

I want to see the Allen vs Herbert arm strength throw-off.

Nah Mahomes is a really smart QB on top of having unique arm talent and creativity abilities. He consistently changes plays at the line and makes smart reads.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mahomes might be a fluke

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This conversation will come back to bite us in all in the rear end when the Lions roll and Goff goes off.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

da bears

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jack Jones had all charges dropped for taking two modified very illegal guns into an airport carryon bag.

Pleads out to probation and community service

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1699162105457312228?s=61&t=QHldLbelq1JdPhn3NHJAOg

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Jack Jones had all charges dropped for taking two modified very illegal guns into an airport carryon bag.

Pleads out to probation and community service

the system works

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I think Justin Herbert will throw for 5,000 yards this year

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

Toney may be out too so Mahomes will be throwing to....Skyy Moore, MVS, Blake Bell, Justin Watson, Rashee Rice

idk where you're getting that info from. Everything I've heard has been Toney practiced and will likely play.

a neat cape posted:

Uh, no.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

LiquidFriend posted:

idk where you're getting that info from. Everything I've heard has been Toney practiced and will likely play.

I said may not , right?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he doesn't even throw the ball right. he said he's learning to throw the ball right and then he'll throw it better after this season

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Mahomes will dethrone Brady as the publicly perceived GOAT qb and I can’t wait.

How many more rings does Mahomes need to do it? Maybe two more so he gets to 4?

I don’t think Mahomes needs to get more than Brady for people to recognize Mahomes is better than Cheating Tom.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Uh, no.

I was misreading the thing quoted earlier where he didn't learn to read defenses until his second year. My bad

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

Toney may be out too so Mahomes will be throwing to....Skyy Moore, MVS, Blake Bell, Justin Watson, Rashee Rice

You're gonna be so humiliated when you realize Justyn Ross SZN began Thursday

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

I said may not , right?
I mean it wouldn't be a stretch if Toney got injured going to catering so I was sort of bracing for some Xeet saying he's down again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Mahomes will dethrone Brady as the publicly perceived GOAT qb and I can’t wait.

How many more rings does Mahomes need to do it? Maybe two more so he gets to 4?

I don’t think Mahomes needs to get more than Brady for people to recognize Mahomes is better than Cheating Tom.

lol