Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

jack box is pretty consistentyl high quality but i havent played the latest one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

N. Senada posted:

It’s Yakuza

this is a pretty good all around contender tbh

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Grey Cat posted:

Right? I'm pretty excited for Wilds. Gonna get my trusty hammer, and my bonking gloves on.
Great way to fill game time for a few months until they release updates and you punch even more dinos in the face.

putting blast dash on gunlance was so much fun in rise, i'll be sad if they take it out for wilds. flying around being crazy hit and run explosion man was so rad.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
simon the sorcerer

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

aegof posted:

monster rancher

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

you'll be voting 1 as per usual, no...?
no, it's a great thread, I just told you that. all communion is sacred in so strange a state as being human, you really must pay more attention

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Big Buck Hunter

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Cubone posted:

no, it's a great thread, I just told you that. all communion is sacred in so strange a state as being human, you really must pay more attention

oh ive been paying attention alright. dont worry about that

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

oh ive been paying attention alright. dont worry about that
*pats u*

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

forget mario and sonic, i'm a ZOOL man :cool:

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
No I think Donkey Kong is the best franchise

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Mudlark posted:

Might & Magic, really hope they keep making those, just finished 6 and it was great

Lmao

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Mudlark posted:

Might & Magic, really hope they keep making those, just finished 6 and it was great

It looks like they're up to 10? Unless you mean 'Heroes of'
or maybe it was sarcasm and i'm a dunce.

Grey Cat posted:

Right? I'm pretty excited for Wilds. Gonna get my trusty hammer, and my bonking gloves on.
Great way to fill game time for a few months until they release updates and you punch even more dinos in the face.

I missed the monhon reference, so I thought it was this:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1028590/The_WILDS/

Be an animal in the forest. do stuff. Seems pretty chill.
...and apparently development is on hold.

Throwing out Final Fantasy for the nostalgia. There's some real poo poo ones, though.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

Dark Souls

What rings you got?

I refunded Elden Ring, terrible game. I'm going to go with Myth and am going to pretend the gamespy multiplayer Myth 3 didn't exist. Escape Velocity is also a good.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Duck and Cover posted:

I refunded Elden Ring, terrible game.

:lol:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Joe & Mac

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Mario

Someone already said that oh well

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Mario

Someone already said that oh well
now you have to be best friends with whoever it was

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Mario is pretty great.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Consistently great?

Soulsbornes franchise. With ADnD Gold Box a close second. (Dark Queen of Krynn lowers it by being absurdly hard and op. Then it's been spiritually HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THISed by the Owlcat Pathfinder games. They did not learn the correct lessons..)

Best in my heart?

Phantasy Star and Ultima though both have way too many bad or outdated titles nowadays. (Plus almost everyone responsible for PS are either dead or in jail. Ultima just has its creator embarrassing himself. I'm not sure which is worse.)

I'll also accept nods for Resident Evil, Wizardry, Doom, and Dragon Quest. Fallout can't be because Bethesda are even bigger hack frauds than ol Richie British is. (And Garriott actually made or helped produce some classic games. The only good game ever out of Bethesda was New Vegas and that dev team got done DIRTY.)

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Captain Rufus posted:

Consistently great?

Soulsbornes franchise. With ADnD Gold Box a close second. (Dark Queen of Krynn lowers it by being absurdly hard and op. Then it's been spiritually HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THISed by the Owlcat Pathfinder games. They did not learn the correct lessons..)

Best in my heart?

Phantasy Star and Ultima though both have way too many bad or outdated titles nowadays. (Plus almost everyone responsible for PS are either dead or in jail. Ultima just has its creator embarrassing himself. I'm not sure which is worse.)

I'll also accept nods for Resident Evil, Wizardry, Doom, and Dragon Quest. Fallout can't be because Bethesda are even bigger hack frauds than ol Richie British is. (And Garriott actually made or helped produce some classic games. The only good game ever out of Bethesda was New Vegas and that dev team got done DIRTY.)

I, to the contrary, will accept no nods and am requesting deletion of this post

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Everyone saying Mario is conveniently forgetting all the MS-DOS games. We must judge a franchise by their worst offering.

Which for Yakuza is the mobile game which is still great because it has a whole story dedicated to Ryuji Gouda Gyoda

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Half life

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Leisure Suit Larry

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Peggle

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
fushigi no dungeon

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

karnov

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ChickenHeart posted:

In a world where Konami wasn't lovely these two franchises would have combined into the greatest work of art mankind could produce

Konami making GBS threads on and pissing away so much videogame history, goodwill and potential for gacha and micro transactions is just so goddamn sad.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Master Chef

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

unironically: destiny

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Cooking Mama

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Sleeping Dogs :rip:

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Gringlus’ Greamy Adventure

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Best videogame franchise: Ogre Battle
Best computer game franchise: Realmz

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

mario cart

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

They said franchise, not game that got quietly strangled to death along with its developer. But it is a pretty good one of those.

Mavis Bacon Teaches Typing.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Civilization, maybe? The worst one in the family that I have touched was probably Beyond Earth, and even that was basically competent but a bit bland; the good ones are some of the best time eating games around. Even the very first DOS one is remarkably solid for its age.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Mass Effect, even with the poo poo ending

Andromeda doesn't exist btw

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Oregon Trail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Until the Balan Extended Universe finally goes gold and we can call it a proper franchise, it’s