Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

man nurse posted:

I see this a lot. I think there’s also a lot of people like myself who’s first experience with the series was 3, which was an awesome game at the time. Fans of the originals seem like they have a huge chip on their shoulder for anything that’s not new vegas. I don’t particularly understand why since New Vegas is extremely similar to 3 mechanically.

I thought 4 was fine too. I cant speak for the originals but the modern day games are fine versions of “wander around and discover random poo poo and make dialogue choices”. Yknow, Bethesda stuff.

What’s going on there? Is it just the stories or whatever that people take issue with? I find they’re mostly just framing as an excuse for you to wander around and do whatever. Did they bastardize the series by making it Elder Scrolls with guns?

I guess what I’m saying is if you know what you’re getting into, I don’t see why the likes of 3 and 4 can’t be enjoyed for what they are.

It was all about the writing. You're right that mechanically, New Vegas is basically the same game, but the writing, story, and characters go above and beyond any of the other Fallout games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

if you are anything like me—and you are—you are fervently preparing your tuesday posts

i don’t plan on being disappointed

(don’t disappoint me)

love, op

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I got some stuff planned

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

man nurse posted:

I see this a lot. I think there’s also a lot of people like myself who’s first experience with the series was 3, which was an awesome game at the time. Fans of the originals seem like they have a huge chip on their shoulder for anything that’s not new vegas. I don’t particularly understand why since New Vegas is extremely similar to 3 mechanically.

I thought 4 was fine too. I cant speak for the originals but the modern day games are fine versions of “wander around and discover random poo poo and make dialogue choices”. Yknow, Bethesda stuff.

What’s going on there? Is it just the stories or whatever that people take issue with? I find they’re mostly just framing as an excuse for you to wander around and do whatever. Did they bastardize the series by making it Elder Scrolls with guns?

I guess what I’m saying is if you know what you’re getting into, I don’t see why the likes of 3 and 4 can’t be enjoyed for what they are.

3, 4 and 76 are the equivalent of empty calories these days. y'know, Bethesda stuff

you'll probably have fun with them but "you can enjoy them for what they are" sounds a lot like a rephrased "can be avoided"

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Happy Tuesday.

I finished the Diablo 4 campaign and I'm going to follow up by either finishing a Conquest run in Dune Spice Wars or picking Unicorn Overlord back up.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I got laid off yesterday but I’m glad it didn’t happen on a Tuesday

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

omg chael crash posted:

I got laid off yesterday but I’m glad it didn’t happen on a Tuesday
congratudolences on funemployment

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Pretty much the only downside of being unemployed is having no money, which is a pretty big downside, but everything else in your life becomes so much better. Including your Time 2 Game.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Thanks, I’m playing World Of Warcraft

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

omg chael crash posted:

Thanks, I’m playing World Of Warcraft
You shouldn't.

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

Happy Tuesday.

I finished the Diablo 4 campaign and I'm going to follow up by either finishing a Conquest run in Dune Spice Wars or picking Unicorn Overlord back up.

I am working through the campaign too. I chose druid, what did you play with?

Tried to get into Spice Wars but I wasn’t feeling it.

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

also all day if people say “Happy Tuesday” to me at work i am replying with “its pronounced ‘Chews-Dee’” and then zero explanation or followup.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Im here for the tuesday thread

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Pahilla the Hun posted:

I am working through the campaign too. I chose druid, what did you play with?

Tried to get into Spice Wars but I wasn’t feeling it.

Necromancer. I was thinking of checking out Druid when Season 4 starts though.

It’s weird how few games that have Necromancer in them let you just run around with a big skelly swarm.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Tuesday again?

No problem...

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Rtx 4080, 14900k, 64gb RAM, Tuesday runs fine for me..... dunno why people are complaining about optimization....

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Kevin Bacon posted:

Im here for the tuesday thread

oh? a tuesday thread?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Who is making the Wednesday thread

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

it’s over. thanks everyone and we’ll see you next week

this is only if you live in us east coast time otherwise i have no idea how days/time works

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

something about a zone

i made a fighter in UFC 4 who looks like me irl and it’s cracking me up watching this guy manage to fight

there needs to be a “hold on…out of breath” taunt

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

giZm posted:

Tuesdays are the Luigi of weekdays, imagine liking Tuesdays.

:smith:

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

“Tuesday more like Blues Day am I right, boss?”

*air saxophone*

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Another Tuesday and I’m still unemployed

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

in the UK it’s pronounced “CHOOZ-dee”

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DkG1RySv-M

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hell yeah Tuesdays