Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

oh man i cant wait for this to be the only news story for the next few weeks :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Got any extra firstborns?
Washington foreskins

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
Indians are shitlords and the only time you ever hear about them or see them on TV they're crying about poo poo. Delicious abo tears.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Washington You're Next Clevelands

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Bro Dad posted:

oh man i cant wait for this to be the only news story for the next few weeks :unsmigghh:

tbf this is pretty loving outrageous i mean even native americans (what, like 90% i think?) supported the name and thought there was nothing wrong with it

this is complete loving bullshit

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Twee as gently caress posted:

tbf this is pretty loving outrageous i mean even native americans (what, like 90% i think?) supported the name and thought there was nothing wrong with it

this is complete loving bullshit

please continue being mad

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i think that washington should go the florida state route and pick a mascot that's a tribe and get the blessing of said tribe

washington cherokee would be cool

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
personally, i love to be outraged about this and that

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Manifest posted:

please continue being mad

nah another 2 or 3 minutes then i'll just move on, being mad or outraged all the time is a p bad way to go through life

(its also because of people like that the team name is changing too)

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hayburner posted:

personally, i love to be outraged about this and that

outrage about whatever I read online is the only thing that gives my life meaning

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

washington cherokee would be cool

until people who drive jeeps get pissed off and march on washington demanding another name change because that makes about as much sense

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
As a person who self-identifies as a Warlock I feel the Washington Wizards should be forced to change their name since Wizard is clearly a slur.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
My stepdad said we shouldn't change the name because he knew "red men" when he was in the Marine corp & they were really laid back & didn't get mad when you called them "redskins" unlike the *literal airquote* "African Americans" who were constantly changing what they want to be called and getting offended about every little thing. He also pointed out that unlike those Blacks you never hear "the red man complaining that things aren't fair because of whitey".

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
washington literal shakers

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Bung Harmer posted:

As a person who self-identifies as a Warlock I feel the Washington Wizards should be forced to change their name since Wizard is clearly a slur.

they changed it from the bullets because they deemed that "too violent" lol

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Trixie Hardcore posted:

My stepdad said we shouldn't change the name because he knew "red men" when he was in the Marine corp & they were really laid back & didn't get mad when you called them "redskins" unlike the *literal airquote* "African Americans" who were constantly changing what they want to be called and getting offended about every little thing. He also pointed out that unlike those Blacks you never hear "the red man complaining that things aren't fair because of whitey".

your stepdad sounds pretty cool, has he ever considered running for office?

Iamblikhos fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 18, 2014

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
washington triggers

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Washington Micro-Aggressions.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 597 days!

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Marine.
Racist.
Stepdad.

All we need are "Alcoholic" plus the Free Space of "American" and BINGO!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Washington Raging Alcoholics.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

just have them be potatoes from now on keep the name

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Iamblikhos posted:

your dad sounds pretty cool, has he ever considered running for office?

I don't think he would want to run for public office since he's stated before that we don't need a government for anything other than the military & even that would be better run by the private sector. Like citizens can just run everything themselves & a big corporation can run the military to keep us safe & protect us from illegals & terrorists. He's also explained that the "red men don't need welfare like the "African Americans" do, they do just fine on their reservations".

He has said before that I should be president because I'm really smart & know lots of stuff which I think means I'm actually super dumb.

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Marine.
Racist.
Stepdad.

All we need are "Alcoholic" plus the Free Space of "American" and BINGO!

Would you accept "owns a staggering amount of unsecured guns" in lieu of "alcoholic"?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
it'll just get overturned anyway

Trixie Hardcore posted:

He has said before that I should be president because I'm really smart & know lots of stuff which I think means I'm actually super dumb.

god drat your dad owns & gets some sick burns in

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
forums superstar febreeze already took care of this.

Or alternatively:

Just as long as it's anime.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Bung Harmer posted:

SJWs care more about the name of a dumb sports team than the actual Native Americans who live in conditions far worse than you could possibly imagine. Armchair Slacktivism at its finest.

What am I supposed to do about people in non-US areas having a bad life?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Bomb them?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

LethalGeek posted:

What am I supposed to do about people in non-US areas having a bad life?

Buy the cell phones they make.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

pathetic little tramp posted:

forums superstar febreeze already took care of this.

Or alternatively:

Just as long as it's anime.

Washington Gokus

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Good.

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

Boinks posted:

Washington Gokus

"SSJ4 Washington"

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 597 days!

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Would you accept "owns a staggering amount of unsecured guns" in lieu of "alcoholic"?

well I would like to have them both ofcourse, for bonus points, but that will do.

Please give your dad his :911:True American:patriot: badge on my behalf.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Washington Fredskins.

A huge fat hairy Indian American comes out onto the pitch, stripped to the waist, really lovely half assed warpaint, tatty eagle feather stuck in his hair, drinking a beer.
"Hello, my name is Fred Skins and I'm your new loving mascot".

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

happyhippy posted:

A huge fat hairy Indian American comes out onto the pitch,

The gently caress is this euro communist poo poo

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Washington Foreskins, uncut heroes of the grid iron.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

washington genderqueers

ReapersTouch
Nov 25, 2004

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Washington Super Sonics

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

washington lobbyists

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Feranon posted:

washington genderqueers

please

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007