Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
well that was interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

ALFbrot posted:

well that was interesting

RBIBB WALK OFF. YES!

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
well thank god

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Well that was about as anticlimactic as possible.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
that's martin's second bases loaded walk in the last few days

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Shrimp time!

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Clint Barmes' head looks like it's about to explode.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

ollie perez has a pretty good pickoff move i guess, that wasn't even close

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
It's almost time for Andrew Heaney day!!!!

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Welp I know what I'm not watching when I get home. How many games has this loving bullpen lost? We could probably have 50 wins if they weren't so lovely.

Answered my own question, I think it's about 14 games. Angels and Tigers are hands down the shittiest pitching teams in the 9th inning, allowing over 0.8 runs on average. Every other team is around 0.2 to 0.5, a couple hit the 0.6's. gently caress these loving fucks.

Doom Sleigher fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 20, 2014

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Holy poo poo. The Blue Jays are just awful.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I guess the Jays making until June before exploding into a flaming wreck is progress of a kind?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

evenworse username posted:

I guess the Jays making until June before exploding into a flaming wreck is progress of a kind?

See, no, I have a justification. Last year, June was when the winning streak happened and there was a shred of hope. Since this is opposite year, June is the time of playing like absolute loving trash.

edit: Go gently caress yourself jeter.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Chexoid posted:

See, no, I have a justification. Last year, June was when the winning streak happened and there was a shred of hope. Since this is opposite year, June is the time of playing like absolute loving trash.

edit: Go gently caress yourself jeter.

If this opposite year thing is going to happen then AA needs to get Arencibia back immediately.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Come on Jays, don't get swept :(

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Come on Jays, don't get swept :(

Todd Redmond warming up in the second inning.

What the gently caress was that.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 20, 2014

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Woo Melky!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

"all high fastballs around the letters, that is the FORT of Shelby Miller." - Tim McCarver

I think the word you were looking for was forte.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Come on Hutchison

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Come on Hutchison

It's not his fault. There's no way the Jays win this game, or any game at Yankee stadium.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

the umpire forgot the goddamn count.

baseball

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
That is strike three...

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Chexoid posted:

It's not his fault. There's no way the Jays win this game, or any game at Yankee stadium.

I meant it in an encouraging way :unsmith:

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
Floyd tried to walk off the field with 2 outs, then remembers he has to pitch to Espinosa so it will only take another 30 seconds.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
drat, I think if Kratz holds on to that he's out

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Chexoid posted:

the umpire forgot the goddamn count.

baseball

It's Jerry Meals. Why am I not surprised.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Wow. This series is a loving travesty.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
What the gently caress? It looked like Tex backed into him and EE was trying to get out of the way. Why does Navarro get first then?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Stop swinging at that low curve every drat time Francisco
drat he's looking bad at the plate lately

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
This Braves/Nats game won't break 2 hours the way Floyd and Zimmermann are pitching.

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
Heaney status: owns

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Come on Jays, lets see some dingers

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Not quite a dinger but that works Colby

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Hi Marshall Faulk! :allears:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jamie Moyer bitching that teams don't bunt more. My kingdom for a good sports broadcasting team

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

well i'm a nats fan that sucks for gavin floyd

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

Jamie Moyer bitching that teams don't bunt more. My kingdom for a good sports broadcasting team

We have it worse. Rick Horton and Tim McCarver and Al Hrabosky. :ughh:

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Tetrix posted:

well i'm a nats fan that sucks for gavin floyd

What happened to him? I heard something about an elbow.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Of course the Jays strand a leadoff double. Why would I think they would score , it wasn't a dinger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jdubs
May 1, 2007

TenaciousJ posted:

What happened to him? I heard something about an elbow.

Was just pulled in the middle of a gem after ~65 pitches. Trainer came out and it seemed like he was looking at the elbow.

• Locked thread