Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

They needed these past two games pretty bad. I know over the course of the season two games don't really mean that much, but these wins were really good for their heads. Also gotta love seeing two of their players lose their cool over some pretty routine calls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Cubs just sent Travis Wood up to pinch hit.

And he's trying and failing to drop a bunt.

Okay.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
Really athletic play by Bloomquist there. I... I believe in Willie.

e: Farquhar balk.

e: Whoever is commentating this game "Best bullpen in baseball, 2-1 Mariners" :downs:

rest his guts fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 22, 2014

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Brewers get a 6th 3+ run inning vs the Rockies

in 20 innings total

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Dog day at the ballpark always makes me uncomfortable, even though I'm not there

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Please, Tigers' bullpen, only give up five more runs before getting the third out.

TIA.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Dog day at the ballpark always makes me uncomfortable, even though I'm not there

Scared of dogs or scared they'll get hit by baseballs? Do the dogs get to run around on the field after the game?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

Scared of dogs or scared they'll get hit by baseballs? Do the dogs get to run around on the field after the game?

It's the former. And a bit of the latter-- I don't like being around dogs, but I don't hate them.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Always wondered how they handled the poop/piss situation when they do dog days at the park. I assume it's up to the individual?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Indians bad, Tigers less bad. Hooray.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Apparently the balls in Colorado are lava today.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think the dogs are all confined to a couple of sections so you could probably ignore them pretty well if you were there. Although I have to admit I've been wanting one to get loose on the field all day.

e: Yeah I wondered about the poop/pee thing too, I'd assume the owners are supposed to deal with poop but I don't know what you do about piss other than just have a designated area.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
Just as I was getting ready to write a god drat post exonerating Bradley Miller for his lovely batting, he gets thrown out on a botched steal.

Thank your lucky stars that McClendon loves you, Bradley.

e: Oh good, Rodney is closing for the fourth consecutive game in a row.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Fly McCool posted:

e: Oh good, Rodney is closing for the fourth consecutive game in a row.

Doesn't seem to be bothering him much.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me

Grittybeard posted:

Doesn't seem to be bothering him much.

Agreed, but that was one hell of a play by Kyle Seager. Just as easily could have a runner on 2nd and 1st with one out.

and that's the game. Good series all in all. The perennial march towards second in the AL West continues.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
:ohdear: Looks like we might not have solved the bullpen woes afterall.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
sorry Kansas City

cool sweep, Mariners. can't wait to watch another 9 game losing streak fall into a 9 game losing streak

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me

Pungry posted:

sorry Kansas City

cool sweep, Mariners. can't wait to watch another 9 game losing streak fall into a 9 game losing streak

Before this series we went 3-7 in the last ten I think? It's possible we won't regress into a... oh hell. Who am I kidding? July is just around the corner.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Is Nick punto good for anything

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
That's a relief. :yarr:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Panik with his first career hit!

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Panik with his first career hit!

Arizona will dip the ball in red and burn their logo onto it.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Bill Schroeder is not happy with the official scorer at Coors. He's been making GBS threads on him since the 2nd inning yesterday.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Luuuuuuuuuuuc

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Rockies slopping it up again today

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

That hipster with the mirrored sunglasses, mutton chops, and PBR shirt at Coors field behind home plate is a huge tool

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

BearDrivingTruck posted:

That was going to be really tricky either way, so I don't quite blame him

It's the one hit the Diamondbacks have gotten through 8 now. :v:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Brewers offense turned back into a pumpkin and now they're putting the worst reliever in.

Color Gray
Oct 10, 2005
BARF!
Panik! :woop:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Please don't blow it, Romo.

Color Gray
Oct 10, 2005
BARF!
Romo. :cripes:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Well, looks like I chose the wrong thread title

Color Gray
Oct 10, 2005
BARF!

Okay, that's better.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I hope the slump is over now.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
This Brewers game has been a whole lot of nothing since like the 3rd inning.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
gently caress this series

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Ahahaha get hosed, Boston.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Catchers are loving awesome!

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
Never leave us Papi :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

This Brewers game has been a whole lot of nothing since like the 3rd inning.

5 runs feels like underachieving at Coors

• Locked thread