Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Grozz Nuy posted:

Assorted Niners thoughts:

Obviously he had the pick six, but Josh Johnson really does look worlds more comfortable in the offense than Gabbert. If the worst happens and Kap goes down and Harbaugh puts in Gabbert first, I'd be pissed.

That pick 6 was a sweet play by the defender, I can't hold it against Johnson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It must be so loving cool to having a young QB on your roster that you think may become your franchise QB. So much hope and excitement, I have never felt it

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I tried so hard to talk myself into believing in Brodie Croyle.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

AAA DOLFAN posted:

That fast?! I've been kinda busy so not able to keep up but that was quick

Edit yup cut two days ago. Apparently they wanted to see if he could run second team and he failed miserably

Lol. I loved reading some retard on phinsiders begging for him to start over Tannehill week 1.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I believe in this Carr man

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Texans appear to be in a situation where starting QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is head and shoulders better than his backups

Mother of god

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Pron on VHS posted:

It must be so loving cool to having a young QB on your roster that you think may become your franchise QB. So much hope and excitement, I have never felt it

hope is just pre-disappointment

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

football fuckerman posted:

hope is just pre-disappointment

agreed

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

yup

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I don't pay much attention to the NFL so could someone tell me if Henry Josey is likely to make the Eagles? He's putting up numbers and looks great in the few highlights I've seen but I'm not watching whole games or anything.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

Even though it's preseason, the Derek Carr Experience styling on the Seahawks defense is pretty funny.

Wasn't this against 3rd stringers though? I didn't Sherman or Thomas out there.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
"As long as AJ Jenkins is healthy, we're okay numberwise" - Andy Reid talking about the WR corps

so yeah, AJ Jenkins is a critical component of the Chiefs pass catching plans. That's where we are

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

John Brown posted:

The first drive was against mainly the starting D

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Groucho Marxist posted:

I don't pay much attention to the NFL so could someone tell me if Henry Josey is likely to make the Eagles? He's putting up numbers and looks great in the few highlights I've seen but I'm not watching whole games or anything.

It's hard to say, he has played very well but the Eagles have a lot of depth there. McCoy and Sproles are obvious locks. Then you have Josey and Tucker who have played well, Polk who has played well in the past but has been injured, and Barner who the Eagles just traded for and has the Oregon connection. Will have to wait and see. Practice squad for Josey at least I imagine.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I wish the Raiders would do something to their unis. I like old-school looks in general but they're so bland they look like practice jerseys

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 29, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
That kind of thinking is how you end up with the Jaguars helmets

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Brannock posted:

Oh cool 3rd round DT Khyri Thornton might be put on injured reserve because of a hamstring injury. What is it with the Packers and injuries to defensive linemen?

This might be beneficial as lots of the Packers beat writers were talking about him being cut.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

"As long as AJ Jenkins is healthy, we're okay numberwise" - Andy Reid talking about the WR corps

so yeah, AJ Jenkins is a critical component of the Chiefs pass catching plans. That's where we are

There went every mock roster I've seen in the part month.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

FuriousxGeorge posted:

It's hard to say, he has played very well but the Eagles have a lot of depth there. McCoy and Sproles are obvious locks. Then you have Josey and Tucker who have played well, Polk who has played well in the past but has been injured, and Barner who the Eagles just traded for and has the Oregon connection. Will have to wait and see. Practice squad for Josey at least I imagine.

Don't know how much it might affect things, but Polk is also a pick from the Andy Reid regime. Not impossible that Kelly might want his guy in there. I think Josey has at least an equal shot.

Barner hasn't shown anything and I think he's gone.

Jim Harbaugh
Aug 29, 2014

by Ion Helmet
Didn't see last night's game, but going by the boxscore the Niners owned. Good to see us walking into the season on a winning note, gotta keep that momentum rolling all season long. Gonna kick the poo poo out of Dallas next week too. Probably be a bigger differential than the whooping we put on the Texans too.

Super Bowl 49, here we come!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

New AV material right here

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I wish the Raiders would do something to their unis. I like old-school looks in general but they're so bland they look like practice jerseys

So, so wrong.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Quiet Feet posted:

Don't know how much it might affect things, but Polk is also a pick from the Andy Reid regime. Not impossible that Kelly might want his guy in there. I think Josey has at least an equal shot.

Barner hasn't shown anything and I think he's gone.

#Eagles are planning to waive UDFA RB Henry Josey, source said.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/505419417581551616

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Is that the Quentin Richardson/Darius Miles head knock?

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

John Brown posted:

The first drive was against first-stringers, Thomas, Chancellor, the lot. Carr threw a TD pass over Sherman IIRC.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Green-Ellis got cut by Cincy.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Shrimpy posted:

This might be beneficial as lots of the Packers beat writers were talking about him being cut.

Outside Clinton-Dix and Davante Adams, this draft has been looking really unspectacular. Our 3rd and 4th rounders were in danger of being cut, and Abbrederis got a season-ender.

At least Jeff Janis and Jayrone Elliott look incredible.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

pigdog posted:

The first drive was against first-stringers, Thomas, Chancellor, the lot. Carr threw a TD pass over Sherman IIRC.

After watching the highlights again I noticed that all of his scores came after LOB had been pulled to the sidelines.

Not to say that he doesn't deserve to start (because he does), but don't expect him to do that during the regular season.

E: He seemed to pick on Jeron Johnson and Phillip Adams.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

gross

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Pron on VHS posted:

I've had this feeling 3 times in my football-watching life.

I can confirm it being exciting as hell.

Two of the three times it was a huge bust though, leading to depression and apathy

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Pron on VHS posted:

It could have been ours. Bridgewater was right there.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
You have to learn to be pragmatic.

Your team is bad (not specifically yours, I mean all teams), you are never going to win a championship, and your star up-and comer will either
A) Bust
B) Be completely underwhelming and while a starter, will never be "elite"
c) Kill a person

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Pron on VHS posted:

lmao that's an awesome quote

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

like, I'm very happy with Clowney, and then I remember who the Texans' quarterbacks are

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Brannock posted:

Outside Clinton-Dix and Davante Adams, this draft has been looking really unspectacular. Our 3rd and 4th rounders were in danger of being cut, and Abbrederis got a season-ender.

At least Jeff Janis and Jayrone Elliott look incredible.

You forgot Rodgers who is the best out of all of them. Pennel looks like another great find and is a mountain of a man.

While Bradford and Thorton look like big whiffs, it might be the best undrafted class so far. Pennel, Elliot and Rolle have all looked legit.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pron on VHS posted:

Stock up on protein powder, dude has trouble bulking up.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

No. Apparently we are just waiting on his guaranteed money to run about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Hand Row posted:

You forgot Rodgers who is the best out of all of them. Pennel looks like another great find and is a mountain of a man.

While Bradford and Thorton look like big whiffs, it might be the best undrafted class so far. Pennel, Elliot and Rolle have all looked legit.

poo poo I really did forget Rodgers. He doesn't even seem like a rookie tbh. It doesn't help there's basically an entire turnover at TE.

• Locked thread