Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Counterpoint: What happens when they come back. Obviously Hardwick and Woodhead are gone, but Mathews is expected back for the Broncos game, Manti will be back soon, Melvin Ingram will be back after the bye, Attoachu should play either this week or against the Chiefs

also don't lie, you don't want the Chargers to win, unless you already have a script locked away in a safe in the event that Rivers gets a ring

Despite my love of Ringless Rivers comics the gag has run a little thin over 2 years and unless Schuab, Eli, Ben, or Rivers get another ring there isn't much I can do with it. My 3 part 2004 class reunion comic at the draft with Rivers running off with Marino while Schaub hangs himself just like the very first comic was sort of my intention to bring it full circle and end it barring any big developments.

I've had a comic in my mind pre-made for a long time now should Rivers or Schaub finally win it, and I like Rivers a lot so I'd be happy to see him make it. Plus I actually kind of like the Chargers. I'd prefer them over the Broncos or most of the AFC.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Oct 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

The Bills are 3-2 man t:mad:

I'll clarify, I was talking about the Chargers defense specifically and I don't think the Bills offense is particularly good.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kyle Orton retroactively makes them a top 5 unit all decade so be proud of that D

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Apparently Friday was a good day for ex-NFLers turned high school coaches.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TubeStank posted:

He smells bad and people want to avoid him? This analogy makes no sense.

But if that was any other team the Seahawks would have lost because holy poo poo they looked bad. Sherman and Chancellor got burned by Kirk loving Cousins.

Sherman almost caught him and was running away from him for awhile :confused:

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
The Cowboys are 4-1 and my liver hasn't hurt as bad this season so far.

What a magical second half we'll have in store :allears:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fariz posted:

Wanna get started on a suicide pact? The 8-8 looms ahead, I can just feel it.:smithicide:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Tremendous Taste posted:

The Bills are 3-2 man t:mad:

Come on man. You've been here before, you know how this ends.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

TubeStank posted:

He smells bad and people want to avoid him? This analogy makes no sense.

But if that was any other team the Seahawks would have lost because holy poo poo they looked bad. Sherman and Chancellor got burned by Kirk loving Cousins.

Eh, I think it was mostly Chancellor not being able to keep up. Sherman didn't do too badly. Chancellor was just a bad choice to cover Jackson, he got burned by him a couple of times.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I choose to remember Jarius "loving" Wright burning Sherman and the world is ok

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
What's Roger Goodell up to nowadays?

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

wheez the roux posted:

gently caress bevell, god bless

Never liked him when he was w/ Minnesota. But then we went and got Bill fuckin' Musgrave, and rode his postage stamp sized play card to obscurity. Teddy's back this week, so I can actually have a shred of enthusiasm for the game.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Chargers still need to go through the Broncos and the Chiefs aren't pushovers. Gotta do more then beat up on a garbage Jets team to make believe in the Bolts.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Green Bay is like an endless river of great punters from which other teams may occasionally drink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZjp24g3DaY

This is great, but did Canadian Sportscentre not have rights to show clips of the MLB, NBA, or NFL? That's hilarious.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Reminder that everyone who believed in the Bengals (me) is stupid.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
When's the earliest Detroit can bring in a new kicker?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

C-Euro posted:

When's the earliest Detroit can bring in a new kicker?

Today I think?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

fariz posted:

We're definitely losing @ Seattle but then after that who knows. I will be surprised if we don't manage at least 3-3 in the division, plus I think we can beat the Jaguars and Cardinals. 9 wins seems p. doable to me even if dudes get hurt. Anything beyond that and we need a legendarily healthy season though... our defense with/without Rolando McClain is night and day.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hello there professional blocker Ka'Deem Carey how are you?

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

axeil posted:

Today I think?

Yes, today. They're working out Prater, Feeley, and apparently a few others. Only problem with Prater is he might command too much money. Which is pretty :lol: to think that you're so tight against the cap that you can't afford a kicker.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Gerty posted:

Pretty sure he's still hiding under his desk

TheChirurgeon posted:

We're definitely losing @ Seattle but then after that who knows. I will be surprised if we don't manage at least 3-3 in the division, plus I think we can beat the Jaguars and Cardinals. 9 wins seems p. doable to me even if dudes get hurt. Anything beyond that and we need a legendarily healthy season though... our defense with/without Rolando McClain is night and day.

Yeah, obviously Seattle is a tough matchup, but after that the schedule gets pretty drat reasonable and it's not at all unrealistic to expect at least a wild card appearance for the Cowboys. As a result I'm feeling... somewhat optimistic?

poo poo's weird, yo

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

When's the Cowboys first divisional game anyway? I pointed out in the matchups thread this is the Eagles' second divisional game but their next one isn't until Thanksgiving against the Cowboys. Seems like the whole division has their head-to-head games backloaded this year.

Rasczak posted:

Pretty sure he's still hiding under his desk

Yeah, obviously Seattle is a tough matchup, but after that the schedule gets pretty drat reasonable and it's not at all unrealistic to expect at least a wild card appearance for the Cowboys. As a result I'm feeling... somewhat optimistic?

poo poo's weird, yo

As much as it pains me to admit it, the Cowboys have played like a legit contender this year. DeMarco Murray has 100 yards in 5 consecutive games and the only game they looked bad at was the SF game where Romo did his best Bad Romo impression.

edit: the defense also looks light years better than what everyone expected.

axeil fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 7, 2014

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

E: ^^^^ Don't forget a DeMarco fumble-6 being just about the first play of the game!

E2: Rolando McClain has been a pretty huge part of the defense this year! :psyduck:

axeil posted:

When's the Cowboys first divisional game anyway? I pointed out in the matchups thread this is the Eagles' second divisional game but their next one isn't until Thanksgiving against the Cowboys.

Giants@Cowboys on 10/19

Rasczak fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Oct 7, 2014

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I never heard about the laser pointer at the bills game :ohdear:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Rasczak posted:

E2: Rolando McClain has been a pretty huge part of the defense this year! :psyduck:

Yeah that blows my mind too. When I heard about it I thought it was going to be as bad as Monte Kiffin: Defensive Coordinator.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Gerty posted:

He's getting better and doing it right.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

TheChirurgeon posted:

our defense with/without Rolando McClain is night and day.

Who woulda thunk it

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I like how the left guard blocked nobody and just hung him out to dry to get blown up.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

axeil posted:

When's the Cowboys first divisional game anyway? I pointed out in the matchups thread this is the Eagles' second divisional game but their next one isn't until Thanksgiving against the Cowboys. Seems like the whole division has their head-to-head games backloaded this year.

Yeah the NFC east completely up in the air until week 15-17. It kinda sucks, but it also means more NFC east primetime bullshit!

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
No one can be successful in Oakland.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Gerty posted:

RIP to him

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

Well, you can't expect DeMarco to keep up this pace and stay healthy, especially with his track record. Romo was almost paralyzed by Watt before the spin move, he was going straight for Romo's lower back. Someone's gonna get a shot on it and then it's the Brandon Weeden show!

The defense has been smoke and mirrors like early last season. Remember being surprised at Selvie and Hayden at the start of last season?

There is no pass rush, but we've gotten good play from the secondary, and LBs. JJ Wilcox is a big addition back there.

Like most teams we are a critical injury or 2 away from 5-10, unfortunately we have injury-prone guys at a couple those key positions. I am really surprised and hopeful but we are going to go 8-8.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Rasczak posted:

E: ^^^^ Don't forget a DeMarco fumble-6 being just about the first play of the game!

Giants@Cowboys on 10/19

Also winnable, and I don't see Giants fans loading up our stadium like Texans/49er fans. It's been pretty embarrassing to watch our home games so far this season. Houston I understood but the 49ers game was straight shameful. The Giants won't get the same defensive performance against us that they got against the Falcons' makeshift offensive line.

I'm actually OK with the team sitting McClain and Carter vs. Seattle and just seeing how it goes (it will go poorly).

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Who woulda thunk it

Well he is probably the best player on the defense? That's a weird sentence. Either way, with Scandrick, Melton, and Spencer in the defense looks a hell of a lot better. it's also worth noting that we haven't been particularly lucky with fumbles this season--imagine if this team could stop fumbling away the ball on the first drive of every game!

But yeah that lack of depth is going to be killer as our games hinge on the health of 1-2 guys.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

axeil posted:

and the only game they looked bad at was the SF game where Romo did his best Bad Romo impression.

edit: the defense also looks light years better than what everyone expected.
Plus he was still hurt. Couldn't follow through on throws or scramble as well. Imagine if Lee were around, too

blue squares fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 7, 2014

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Rolando McClain is a really good football player. That shouldn't actually surprise anybody--issues with him were always motivation, personal demons, terrible relationships with coaches, etc.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Cowboys do really well at squashing personal issues with players. Dez Bryant used to be a moron off the field, but he's totally turned it around.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
JPP is playing out of his mind and he might not be JJ Watt he's pretty drat good now that he's healthy.

The scary thing is he knows the game now and is making mental adjustments that he couldn't do his rookie year when he was just getting by on athleticism and instincts.

The interior of the Dline is getting better every week too.

LBs are still trash tho.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

blue squares posted:

The Cowboys do really well at squashing personal issues with players. Dez Bryant used to be a moron off the field, but he's totally turned it around.

It's totally mind-boggling. Maybe Jerry Jones is a really great boss even if he's an idiot in all other things. You could see McClain's turn around coming if you paid attention though--he spent a lot of time with Saban earlier this year sorting himself out and getting motivated by the guy who is pretty much his mentor. And then Saban went and personally vouched for him with the Cowboys so there's a non-money related motive now too.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

davecrazy posted:

JPP is playing out of his mind and he might not be JJ Watt he's pretty drat good now that he's healthy.

The scary thing is he knows the game now and is making mental adjustments that he couldn't do his rookie year when he was just getting by on athleticism and instincts.

LBs are still trash tho.

I wouldn't give them too much credit for manhandling Atlanta. Atlanta came into the game missing C Joe Hawley and T Lamar Holmes, and with G Justin Blalock out (just ask Chicago fans about how big an accomplishment beating Gabe Carimi is).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

davecrazy posted:

LBs are still trash tho.

Eagles gonna screen the poo poo out of the Giants on Sunday. Could be a blood bath if that line doesn't pressure Foles.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 7, 2014

• Locked thread