Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
willwc
Jan 1, 2006

Who's got the ball?
Yo shawty, it's the B-back

This GIF is the story of the ACC today and it is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Well that wasn't fun. Still, least Baylor didn't let KU be the team to do that to 'em.

Also, if you are one of the many Texas Tech fans who was booing when Eguavoen got flagged for roughing after knocking Bryce Petty the gently caress out, kindly gently caress off. And don't you open your mouth about that time Texas flattened Mahomes and got away with it.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

go3 posted:

Oregon/TCU/Baylor/FSU playoff please for ALL THE POINTS

Except Oregon/Baylor/FSU/TCU order so no initial rematch

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Oh and this gem from noted man of his word Todd Graham

quote:

A week ago, head coach Todd Graham delivered what was possibly the most heart-felt and genuine postgame press conference in Arizona State football history.
Verifying whether or not that is entirely true is likely impossible, but considering the following statements Graham ushered in regards to his senior quarterback Taylor Kelly, the argument could certainly be made:
“That guy has meant so much to this program,” Graham said. “Being a quarterback is pretty tough. Probably tougher than being a head coach. That young man has been stellar. He is the one that has truly led this team. Without his leadership, we will not be where we are at today. In 27 years of coaching he is the most special person I have ever been around and I am proud that I had the chance to coach him.”
“In my career, there has only been one Taylor Kelly,” Graham concluded.
With those lofty words in mind, there was an unspoken understanding that regardless of how poorly Kelly played, regardless of how hesitant he looked, he would remain under center for the duration of 2014. Even more of an assumed guarantee was that the Sun Devils would live or die (but nevertheless remain completely loyal) by Kelly in his final regular season game as ASU’s quarterback.
Yet in the most critical situation of the season—with the Territorial Cup trophy and a trip to the Pac-12 South championship on the line—Todd Graham succumbed to the urge that had lingered and pestered him since his team’s win over Stanford: he benched Taylor Kelly and replaced him with Mike Bercovici.

http://www.cronkitesports.com/asu-football-the-unprecedented-decision-to-bench-taylor-kelly/

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Well that wasn't fun. Still, least Baylor didn't let KU be the team to do that to 'em.

Also, if you are one of the many Texas Tech fans who was booing when Eguavoen got flagged for roughing after knocking Bryce Petty the gently caress out, kindly gently caress off. And don't you open your mouth about that time Texas flattened Mahomes and got away with it.

Why wasn't it targeting do you know?

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Petty looked better than RG3 did after Texas Tech Illegally and Brutally Concussed RG3 but RG3 didn't have a championship game next week so we'll see.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I hope J.T. Barrett has a full, speedy recovery.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
A child born the last time FSU lost a football game would have turned 2 years old today.

Unless he comes back and loses next year, Jameis Winston will leave college having never lost a regular season game.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

anne frank fanfic posted:

Why wasn't it targeting do you know?

Because refs. No different from when Texas got away from doing similar to Mahomes - it's sure got all the Tech fans bitching about it.

In other news, I don't necessarily think we play quite like that again (don't bring up WVU, I'd take that DB performance over this one all day), but Tyler Lockett and Curry Sexton sure look a bit more intimidating.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

JonathonSpectre posted:

A child born the last time FSU lost a football game would have turned 2 years old today.

Unless he comes back and loses next year, Jameis Winston will leave college having never lost a regular season game.

Not even Hitler was undefeated!

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Because refs. No different from when Texas got away from doing similar to Mahomes - it's sure got all the Tech fans bitching about it.

In other news, I don't necessarily think we play quite like that again (don't bring up WVU, I'd take that DB performance over this one all day), but Tyler Lockett and Curry Sexton sure look a bit more intimidating.

Baylor was looking ahead cause theyre still not that experienced as a good team but at least they won an away game this year and if Petty is healthy I think we can win at home. With Russell I don't know, he's good but just not in sync with the rest of the offense yet. Also our corners are terrible but who knows our defense sometimes has good games especially at home.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
lol the SEC East is loving garbage

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

anne frank fanfic posted:

Baylor was looking ahead cause theyre still not that experienced as a good team but at least they won an away game this year and if Petty is healthy I think we can win at home. With Russell I don't know, he's good but just not in sync with the rest of the offense yet. Also our corners are terrible but who knows our defense sometimes has good games especially at home.

I maintain that the corners are okay for how young they are - like I said, I thought they handled WVU reasonably well for how that game was called, and I'd take that O over Tech's.

Terrell Burt, on the other hand, is proving to be a bigger problem.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Goodbye Brady Hoke, and good bye Devin Gardner. You suck but I also feel bad for you, and am glad your last college pass was a TD.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Wrong thread.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
God, how was Notre Dame ever ranked this year? Even Colorado didn't fall apart against USC that bad.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
Play calling got more predictable and pedestrian as the year went on. Defense must improve. Special teams must improve. We actually have a long way to go.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Big congratulations to Clemson for beating our worst team in five years that lost to such juggernauts as Kentucky, Missouri, Tennessee, and Texas A&M. Truly an accomplishment for the ages. :v:

In all seriousness, though, I fully expected a loss to the Tigers and they were the clear better team this year. We couldn't take advantage of any of the (many) opportunities we got, and they flipped the script: their defensive line looked the way ours did during the streak, and Dylan Thompson did his best Tajh Boyd impression. There's not really much more to say, other than hopefully this loss will spur some positive change in our program (e.g. fire everyone on the defensive staff).

One thing I will add, though, is that Deshaun Watson played against us on a partially torn ACL and apparently has been doing so since practice before the Georgia State game. Clemson fans have every right to be happy about the result, but if I were among them, I'd also be pretty concerned by how that staff is managing his health.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 30, 2014

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.

xbilkis posted:

I think I'm far enough removed from Friday's win where I'm less excited about Mizzou making the SECCG and more terrified of how badly Alabama is going to blow them out

Mizzou was supposed to get shithoused in their last three games, too. Granted they will be far more overmatched in the championship than any of those three games, but remember - the SEC sucks balls this year and even bama is probably capable of laying a big enough fart to lose such a heavily favored game. As absolutely impossible as it may seem for the Tigers to win, let's watch the game.

The more depressing thing is, even if Mizzou manages to pull it off - it will mean precisely nothing. Mizzou victories at this point do nothing to show the strength of the Tigers, they only serve to demonstrate the terribleness of the SEC; all because the defense decided to take the day off against Indiana.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Georgia Southern just won the Sun Belt in their first FBS season. Finished 9 - 3.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Shadow225 posted:

Memphis wins its first Conference Title for the first time in 43 years. This doesn't feel like real life right now.

Memphis deserves the Group of 5 slot. The Memphis Tigers. The team that used to be called Memphis State. The team whose last significant draft pick was Derrick Rose, who is a basketball player, who did not play football.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

If the Iron Bowl result holds:

-1 Oregon vs. 4 Ohio State in the Rose Bowl
-2 Florida State vs. 3 TCU in the Sugar Bowl

5 Alabama gets left out, with the caveat that if Ohio State loses or looks like crap with their third string QB and Bama actually beats Missouri those two can flip-flop. Baylor at 6 after struggling against Texas Tech and with Petty hurt, and will need to beat a good K-State team and get help.

If a number of teams lose that opens the door for an MSU, either Miss or Michigan.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
That UGA/GATech game oooooooooowwwwned...

Watch it if you haven't; this game had it all!

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

C. Everett Koop posted:

If the Iron Bowl result holds:

-1 Oregon vs. 4 Ohio State in the Rose Bowl
-2 Florida State vs. 3 TCU in the Sugar Bowl

5 Alabama gets left out, with the caveat that if Ohio State loses or looks like crap with their third string QB and Bama actually beats Missouri those two can flip-flop. Baylor at 6 after struggling against Texas Tech and with Petty hurt, and will need to beat a good K-State team and get help.

If a number of teams lose that opens the door for an MSU, either Miss or Michigan.

I find it hard to believe that 2 loss Bama gets in over 1 loss Baylor, if Ohio State loses.

e: Also, why do you knock Baylor for Petty suffering an injury that probably won't keep him out against K-State, but not Ohio State for definitely losing Barrett?

Noctone fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 30, 2014

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Hey Hawaii thanks for nothing you loving dicks

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Noctone posted:

I find it hard to believe that 2 loss Bama gets in over 1 loss Baylor, if Ohio State loses.

e: Also, why do you knock Baylor for Petty suffering an injury that probably won't keep him out against K-State, but not Ohio State for definitely losing Barrett?

Also he knocks Baylor for struggling against a tech team the same way TCU struggled against a Kansas team. He sounds like an announcer.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Today was very likely Tevin Coleman's last game for Indiana.

He was the first player in school history to have a 2,000 yard rushing season, and is probably one of the best players to ever suit up for our sad excuse for a football team.

I wish he'd had some better seasons when he was here.

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.

Hello Towel posted:

Today was very likely Tevin Coleman's last game for Indiana.

He was the first player in school history to have a 2,000 yard rushing season, and is probably one of the best players to ever suit up for our sad excuse for a football team.

I wish he'd had some better seasons when he was here.

While the record isn't great, Coleman transitively wrecked the entire SEC East (and if Alabama plays this badly next week, possibly the entire SEC). So there's that!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oops wrong thread

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

So, those with SEC network, is the live Finebaum calling everything it's cracked up to be?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
oops

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 1m1 minute ago
In Al Golden's last 18 games at #Miami, #Canes are 8-10 with 9 of those losses coming by double-digits.

That other loss was to FSU.

As a reminder, the last time before tonight that Pitt won in Miami, JFK was only dead for 8 days.

Dilber fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 30, 2014

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

News:

Views:

gently caress Florida State. Forever and ever. I hope they catch smallpox. gently caress them all.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Watson beat SCAR with a tore ACL. lol

#goacc

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Actually, in regards to the SEC championship game, Roll Tide.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

News:

Views:

gently caress Florida State. Forever and ever. I hope they catch smallpox. gently caress them all.

I'd def. say no to 3 of those girls.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hey can someone murder that squinty-eyed rapist yet? gently caress.

Scarf posted:

I'd def. say no to 3 of those girls.

Yep.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

Hey can someone murder that squinty-eyed rapist yet? gently caress.

4 for me, but three are pretty ok.

Not counting the far right. Out of the center 5, 3 no 1 yes 1 maybe cant tell cuz she lookin down

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
this is definitely a good line of conversation to be heading down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

sportsgenius86 posted:

He better be able to put up 40 because that D against Melvin Gordon is going to be a loving clown show.

My word, where have we heard this before :argh::bang:

This right here is what real rivalries are about. True hatred only comes with a real respect of the opponent.

Also, Jupiter Testicles Barrett watched the game from the loving stands before going to the hospital.

• Locked thread