Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Aubergine Mage posted:

Garcia is gassed

He still outboxed Peterson for like 8 rds, so too little too late for Peterson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

If Peterson had fought the whole fight like he did round 11 this would have been a shutout. He respected Garcias power and clowned too much. We can't score for punches that were never thrown, Lamont!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

balancedbias posted:

If Peterson had fought the whole fight like he did round 11 this would have been a shutout. He respected Garcias power and crowned too much. We can't score for punches that were never thrown, Lamont!

It kinda looked like that was his plan going in, try to frustrate Garcia for the first half of the fight and then go at him in the end. He started going forward a lot more in the 8th and mostly kept it up the rest of the way.

I mean, if that was the plan he did it fairly well and it kind of worked, he just probably needed to get some more done early.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
I gave Garcia the first 10 rounds, 114-114 is just laughable

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I was hoping for a draw, for comedy's sake, but I've been watching UFC long enough that "Garcia by screwy decision" is comfortable like an old shoe.

• Locked thread